Customize

Narconon USA: getting started

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by xenubarb, Nov 9, 2011.

1. xenubarb Member

There's been some talk (mostly by me, I guess) about what to do when David Love dismantles Narconon in Quebec, and giving us a shit ton of official government documents to use in the US.

It seems to me that the first step should be to identify the officials we'll need to work with later and bring them up to speed on the Narconon organization.

I honestly don't know where to start. I've made a few calls to various health depts. here and it's like trying to navigate ATT's technical help line. Nobody is the right contact.

So I would ask for suggested contacts within the California State system. To get anything done, we have to properly address the relevant parties.

Unlike the #OWS bunch, we've accomplished things by forming small cells to address certain issues. I think that's one of our strengths and cannot fathom why they're plodding on with their damn hippie technology from 1960.

Anyway. Anyone want to start working on this now, so we've got people ready and waiting for the official government doc flood heading our way?
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Quentinanon Member

Just be mindful of the semantic trap of using the word "Narconon" when the scientology crime syndicate changes the name of that front group as a diversion from its nefarious history. It is factually, scientology-based quack drug rehab and that term should accurately describe it.
  3. Anonymous Member

Do we have contact with people who left Narconon in the U.S. who are willing to go through the long and gradual process of filing complaints, etc? (consequentially are also willing to endure Co$ retaliation)

I imagine we will also need documentation to provide strong evidence of whatever we are trying to get Narconon dismantled for.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 00anon00 Member

I'll start with the physician disciplinary board of California.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

I've suddenly found myself in a position to influence my state's licensing board for alcohol and drug treatment. And they are currently looking to strengthen the licensure requirements to practice as an alcohol and drug abuse counselor. We have no NarCONons here, but how might we influence this board to write rules to keep them out? Might need to start a new topic.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. BigBeard Member

Based on what's going on in Canada, I'd think the false and deceptive advertising complaints to the Federal Trade Commision would offer two routes to take. Route 1 being going after the false success rate claims, and route 2 being the deceptive claims about what NarCONon's "Dietary Supplement" regimen (mega-doses of vitamins, etc.) can do for substance abusers.

The FTC's been majorly down on deceptive advertising about the "miracles" claimed for dietary supplements the last few years. And that route doesn't involve getting into the $cilon connection at all, just showing the science in report after report showing the mega-doses don't do what's claimed by NarCONon. And the physical harm that can be, and has been, done to NarCONon 'students' by such mega-doses.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 6
  7. Quentinanon Member

Easy. Just require that licensed mental health professionals (licensed mental health counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists) administer the program and that the program itself be based on proven methods from published, peer-reviewed research.
  8. xenubarb Member

You mean like 'Narconon Warner Springs' becoming 'Sunshine Summit Lodge?'

Yeah. We on it!
  9. xenubarb Member

Well you see, the 'strong evidence' will be in the form of official dox from various government entities in Quebec. David Love has done all the hard slogging necessary to get government attention, providing stacks of documents several feet high to different agencies.

At some point, these agencies are going to complete their reviews of all this stuff and issue determinations based on that material. And we will acquire all these documents that will undoubtedly revile Narconon's idiotic program and ban it.

Since they did all the work, it will be easier to get the attention of American authorities. I am merely saying, it's time to get our ducks in a row NOW, so when the blizzard of official dox starts arriving from Canada, dress warm and start the harpoon launcher.

It would be useful to have a cell of people who want to focus on this, and take it to PMs where we can plan in seekrit and exchange notes and reports. If you have a Narconon in your community, you could participate. Don't want to be facefagged? Get someone else interested in exposing the fraud, if you can. Or work in the background.

If we have the right people, and get them interested in Quebec now, they will be primed for the doc drop incoming.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. xenubarb Member

Don't they deal with real physicians? They might be able to suggest other contacts for medical malfeasance and playing doctor without a license.
  11. grebe Member

I love you guys for this. But you are up against a fucking huge monster.

Rules I can think of, like "health treatment recommendations should be based upon the best scientific evidence available," would automatically shut down people like Depak Chopra, Andrew Weil, Dean Ornish, Mercola, Oz, Prince Charles' foundation, the Bravewell Collaborative --ridiculously powerful group representing a huge part of our economy.

Still it's cool you are on this.
  12. xenubarb Member

I wrote somewhere else about Narconon newport beach, how the city imposed new laws regulating drug rehabs, and how Narconon closed down because they could not continue their program under the new laws.

If I was writing laws, I think one should address complaints by installing a system to protect people from fraudulent treatment. Say one red flag if there are allegations of drug use within the facility or allegations of medical or sexual abuse, or a medical emergency that should have been treated. Impose an automatic review that would initiate an investigation automatically. Triggering an investigation would result in ALL STAFF BEING DRUG TESTED. (hehehehehe) and all qualifications of staff should be reviewed. Also, run the damn drug dogs through. They'll probably hit, if the stories I've heard are true.

It should be easier to launch an investigation of places like Narconons. Also, if you determine basic standards for rehabs' facilities and treatments, Narconon could no longer compete. You can't be a registered drug counselor unless you have at least two years of sobriety in California. Narconon bypasses that by hiring its own graduates, giving them some bogus certificate from some Scientology front group, and putting them to work.

Regulations can be made that would be reasonable for legitimate rehabs, but toxic death to Narconon.
  13. Triumph Member

Alfreddies Narconon Program in Compton
    DBA: American Health and Education Clinics (Alfreddie Johnson and Hanan Islam )
    got their hands on Medi-Cal funds (don't ask me how)
    http://file.lacounty.gov/bos/supdocs/61059.pdf

contract#PH000493A shows they get $72,000 from 2010 to 2013
    contract #PH000493B shows they get $305,000 from 2010 to 2013

AHEC program is Purification Rundown/Narconon Program with study Tech
  14. Anonymous Member

What Is The Plan for Narconon?
  15. Anonymous Member

Can you have the board allow submissions not only from other states that have investigated Narconon, but also from other countries?
  16. 00anon00 Member

Narconon facilities need a MD for oversight, yes?
  17. RightOn Member

i have mentioned before that i really hope that Canada will share it's findings on Narconon
    I also hope if the case goes well in Paris, that that info is shared too.
    It can save a lot of work if Canada will talk to US officials, and if a big ass report is released, then I hope they do share-sees.
  18. xenubarb Member

Theoretically, yes. But many people reported that, while NN claimed to have medical personnel, they did not.
  19. xenubarb Member

It seems to me that a global organization all run by a single entity would mean that testimony from other countries should be considered, if only to compare their stories with the rest of 'em which are all strangely similar and unpleasant.
  20. 00anon00 Member

RE: unlicensed practitioners advertising by phone

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=bpc&group=00001-01000&file=145-149

refers to the
    (13) The Board of Behavioral Sciences. .. (15) The Acupuncture Board. (16) The Board of Psychology. .. (18) The Naturopathic Medicine Committee. (19) The Physical Therapy Board of California.

Their phone can be disconnected unless they contest it formally

IDK if unlicensed practitioners are an issue but it sounds like it from the discussion
  21. Anonymous Member

Sure, Scientology can find an MD to fill that position. In the case of Narconon Trois-Rivieres, they had an MD by remote-control. Narconon Canada's medical advisor (MD) seems to be a Scientologist quack who practices fringe woo.
  22. 00anon00 Member

If you find Narconon workers that fit this, plz let me know
  23. 00anon00 Member

Here is the gold:

Article 3.6. Uniform Standards Regarding Substance-Abusing Healing Arts LicenseesSection 315-315.4
    http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=bpc&group=00001-01000&file=310-313.5

This is the entity that can compel witnesses

24. 00anon00 Member

This is where complaints are filed:
    http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=bpc&group=00001-01000&file=325-326

• Like Like x 1
  25. 00anon00 Member

26. Intelligence Member

Excellent Thread! I'll jump in here when I get home. The State laws and regulations can be
    used successfully against them; the wording of allegations and formal complaints can be
    crucial in pushing State Officials to action.

I don't like to separate Narconon from Scientology. I try to use "Scientology's Rehab centers, Narconon",
    or something similar. Narconon is ONLY separate from scientology in Corporate name only. Proving
    to officials and gov agencies that they are both one, is not a real issue. Once they accept this,
    a big step is gained.

• Like Like x 2
  27. 00anon00 Member

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=bpc&group=17001-18000&file=17500-17509

Anyone, including employees, who falsely advertises
    this is a good place to start with their inflated numbers of "cures"
  28. 00anon00 Member

Patient complaints

Central Complaint Unit

California toll-free line: 1-800-633-2322
    Phone: (916) 263-2382
    Fax: (916) 263-2435

• They only take complaints from patients and the patient needs to allow their medical records to be reviewed.
    It looks like unless an ex is willing to have their medical records reviewed that this is a dead end.
  29. patriot75 Member

I can take care of Oklahoma with poons to the proper departments within the state. I will be visiting with Scott Pruitt (Oklahoma Attorney General) on Nov. 20th in Lexington, OK. There are some things that happened at NN Arrowhead very recently that could bring down the house....very delicate matter, must be handled tactfully....;) Narconon has a ticket to nowhere!
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

I have to play devils advocate to this. California is in a major financial bind and to enforce anything against Narconon would cost them money. One of their excuses to reject any inquiry or request to move against the multi-million dollar backed front group (with their army of lawyers) can be "this isn't Canada/Quebec."

David Love's stuff can establish a stronger case, but it would be a weak foundation.

If we want a stronger, solid case that will be harder to put aside, we need documents and materials leaked from the California Narconon orgs. This may require we badger ex-Scis's, Indies, Freezoners, or former California Narconon patrons for solid testimony and materials. Using something from another country can easily be excused as "sectarian" or "isolated."

Metaphorical advice: If we're gonna work hard for this, may as well put in the extra omf for the gold, not settle for coal.
  31. Anonymous Member

32. xenubarb Member

Hell, yeah! Let us fire poons and report back here?
  33. Anonymous Member

34. Anonymous Member

35. over9000OT Member

I'm in. I'm not exactly sure what I can contribute other than 1337 research skills and being a decent writerfag when I feel like it.

If there's ever a Midwest raid on a Narconon, I would definitely be into that. patriot75, I'd be up for a drive to NN Arrowhead... it's not even four hours from here.
  36. Anonymous Member

37. xenubarb Member

This is all armchair stuff. We're taking them down from our basements.
  38. over9000OT Member

I'm still in. Whatever it takes.
  39. Anonymous Member

they should never under estimate the power of arm chair warriors :)
    • Like Like x 1
  40. xenubarb Member

ZOMG! I went to this site and clicked on the 'Find Treatment' ling. At the bottom of the page there is a PDF file of listed licensed residential facilities. There are two Narconons on that list!