Customize

Narconon UK: project to remove charitable status

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by RolandRB, Apr 20, 2012.

1. RolandRB Member

All that is needed in the UK is to point out that the doses are for therapeutic use of niacin and not nutrional use of niacin and have twenty or more well documented cases of harm to liver and other medical things on the Purif or Narconon programme and I will send it off to the local authorities and their Orgs and Narconon centres will get closed down.

Please can somebody get together that twenty cases or more all relating to health on the Narconon programme or Purif and especially those cases involving liver damage. Preferably within 24 hours. Then I will send it off and wait for it to do its work.
  2. BigBeard Member

Not specifically due to NarCONon/Purif, but there's a JAMA article at: http://www.shipbrook.net/jeff/CoS/narconon/niacin.html regarding 3 documented cases of liver damage while taking high doses of niacin for real medical problems. Unlike NarCONon/Purif, in none of the cases did the dosage exceed 3,000mg.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  3. http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/narconon/narconon8.html
  4. Dott Member

No, you are just quoting LRH scriptures. Silly ex. Brave, brave Sir Roland.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RolandRB Member

6. Anonymous Member

According to the Narconon London accounts posted on the Charity Commission's website, the auditors were "unable to determine whether proper accounting records [were] maintained" in 2007, 2008 and 2010. (2009 is missing.)

The 2010 accounts have just been posted and contain some interesting additional info:
    If true, without being bankrolled by Narconon International they should, on past performance, end up insolvent. Per the accounts they've survived over the past 5 years by 100s of 1000s in donations from NI.

Incidentally, if there were any doubt, the accounts for Narconon London make it very clear that they have been running a residential facility in Hastings.
  7. Anonymous Member

8. Anonymous Member

They are pretty downstat. Unless they are outright fudging the books they are only kicking at most £60K uplines (I'm guessing it's under "consultancy") though there could be the same amount again in the form of "promotional costs".
  9. BigBeard Member

I wonder if NN Int is cutting back on support because they know they'll need the money for lawyers in Canada and Oklahoma??

BigBeard
  10. RolandRB Member

It could be but I have the feeling that the detoxification regimen has been withdrawn by the authorities and that is why they have been abandoned.
  11. Anonymous Member

There are discrepancies between info given to the Charity Commission by Peter Hodkin (CoS and Narconon solicitor), and the accounts of two of the Narconon charities. The dox come via WT's Freedom of Information requests to the Commission, and the CC's website.

In November 2007, the Charity Commission contacted Peter Hodkin regarding a complaint about Narconon Trust (1112230). The complaint alleged there were issues at the St Leonards-On-Sea facility: "non-payment of wages", "operating whilst insolvent", being under threat of eviction, a US executive director working without a visa, and so on. Hodkin apparently confirmed that the facility at 2 Albany Road, St. Leonards-On-Sea, East Sussex, TN38 OLN, was actually operated by Narconon (267386), not the Trust, and that he was not aware of any problems relating to the payment of employees. The website at that time also apparently referred to Narconon (267386).

The CC was unable to substantiate that the charity concerned had a US director. The case was then closed on the basis that the allegations were unfounded and that in any case employment matters would be an issue for the trustees. Here's the problem: the accounts for both Narconon (267386) and Narconon London (1098004) state that the operation was transferred to the latter organisation almost 2 years before the complaint, in January 2006.

The accounts also show that Narconon itself had no employees, but Narconon London did - along with an unnamed chief executive "who has delegated authority for operational matters."

Had the Charity Commission been given the correct information, they might have taken the complaint more seriously. How can the discrepancies be explained? Did Hodkin just get it wrong (along with the Narconon website), then fail to correct the error in subsequent correspondence? Or did Peter "COSRECI is a South Australian charity" Hodkin deliberately misdirect the Commission? Alternatively, could it be that the information in the accounts themselves - submitted only after long delays - is actually false?
    • Like Like x 2
  12. BigBeard Member

Personally I'd go with: D. All of the above.

BigBeard
  13. Intelligence Member

AND HUGE in England.

14. anon walker Moderator

Here's a tasty nugget from 1997, radio programme on Narconon:
    PART 1

• Like Like x 1
  15. anon walker Moderator

PART II:

• Like Like x 1
  16. anon walker Moderator

PART III

• Like Like x 2
  17. Anonymous Member

I feel stupid asking this from a mod, but
    link please?
  18. RolandRB Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

20. anon walker Moderator

21. anon walker Moderator

Brave, brave Sir Trolland :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. RolandRB Member

I didn't have time to do anything with this because all my efforts went down the "illegal pharmacy" path but today I sent a complaint to the CC about their granting of charitable status. I did not give them any links to documents because there would be too many but basically suggested that they have another look at it as it was a barely disguised Scientology outreach group. I go to hospital tomorrow morning so I won't be able to follow up with this. Maybe somebody else would like to send in a complaint and link to documents and be available for discussing it with them.

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/sendmailCRM.aspx

Use Topic: Complaints, Sub Topic: About Charities
  23. RolandRB Member

^^ More than one person can do the above. What is needed is documentation that Narconon is a barely disguised outreach group of Scientology and that they recruit for Scientology. You can attach three documents when you email them. I guess links are fine as well.

Probably some of the Trois-Rivières revelations can be used in another complaint but this Scientology connection thing is best not diluted by other stuff.
  24. Anonymous Member

25. RolandRB Member

From doing some reading then the Narconon detoxification programme has decamped from the UK and is now going strong in the Netherlands. It seems that people in the UK are being sent to the Netherlands Narconon. I guess this will be true of other European countries.

They have a vitamin source there:
    http://www.pricevitamins.eu/about-us/

I think the vitamins are supplied in powdered form which is a lot safer from prosecution (high dosage pills are a bit of a giveaway) but some of the claims they are making for the vitamins (especially detoxification) are not allowed.

It seems that they are having an easy time in the Netherlands with their Narconon centre and the supply of vitamins and minerals so maybe some of the Anons based there need to put on some pressure. Especially if the Narconon there is receiving recruits from other EU states where there are efforts being made to close them down.

http://www.narconon.nl/
    http://www.narconon.org/drug-rehab/centers/narconon-zutphen-holland.html
    http://www.narconon-news.org/narconon/holland-drug-rehab-26-years.html

http://www.narcononcenter.com/narconon-arrowhead/narconon-holland.html
    Narconon Holland

Narconon Holland was first opened in a hotel in Amsterdam. It expanded throughout the years to its present country quarters in eastern Holland, Narconon Zutphen. Students from throughout Europe have attended and graduated from Narconon Zutphen. The center, which recently celebrated its 10th Anniversary, has received long-term charitable support for its scholarship program from a nearby Catholic convent and other community members interested in drug rehabilitation.
  26. Zak McKracken Member

Good luck with your detox / drug rehab Roland!
    Everyone here is praying that you'll make a complete recovery.

and stay off the "shit" for good.

Narconon works, and it helps people.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

Agreed - hope Dutchanons could work on this - anyone got contact with any of them?
  28. RolandRB Member

The op went very well. I am back in the ordinary ward now.
    • Like Like x 5
  29. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  30. RolandRB Member

no eating for 5 days though
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Zak McKracken Member

solids are for bodies

[IMG]

mixed Berry flavor!

Tastes Great!
  32. RolandRB Member

This one is not totally dead yet. I think the Trois-Rivières developments has alerted people and they are now seeing the connections between Narconon and Scientology.

Chances are we get nowhere but then given enough chances we might eventually be able to make progress.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  33. RolandRB Member

• Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

Charity Commission continues to investigate Narconon in connection with the Canada ban.

Any useful info should be sent FAO: Lin Ashby

Email:
    OperationsTaunton@charitycommision.gsi.gov.uk

Postal address:
    Charity Commission Direct
    PO Box 1227
    LIVERPOOL
    L69 3UG

Phone:
    01823 345459
    • Like Like x 1
  35. RolandRB Member

Where was the above published?

Things are looking up. Not so long ago I got this:

From: Operations Taunton (OperationsTaunton@charitycommission.gsi.gov.uk)
    Sent: 23 May 2012 10:30:26
    To: rolandberry@hotmail.com

Dear Mr Rashleigh-Berry,

Thank you for your email which has been passed on to me for investigation. Whilst I understand your concerns with regard to the issues relating to the Narconon centre in Canada, this appears to be a separate organisation from the charities which are registered with us in this Country, and not something we can look into.

I would be grateful, however, if you have any evidence which relates to either of the Narconon charities registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales, which may indicate the organisation is operating in breach of Charity Law.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Best wishes
  36. RolandRB Member

If Narconon loses charitable status in the UK then this can be used to effect in the rest of Europe.

I think this is on course for this to happen as I write.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  37. RolandRB Member

Hi, Pete babe! Some of those wog SPs have sent in a load of entheta to the CCE&W that will get the charitable status of Narconon revoked. Now is a good time to send in a FOIA request to get it nipped in the bud and to Black PR those SPs.
  38. RolandRB Member

Another 'poon sent off.
  39. RolandRB Member

Expect a decision to be made shortly. It could go either way.
  40. vegnej Member

A bit off topic but I heard on R4 this morning some big wig from the government the commission's chief executive Roger Howard saying people would be horrified to learn that Scientology was given drug treatment courses.

the link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/

BBC radio 4 Today programme

They topic was on 07 51
    • Like Like x 3