Customize

Narconon UK: project to remove charitable status

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by RolandRB, Apr 20, 2012.

• Like Like x 3
  1. Anonymous Member

2. Anonymous Member

Code:
    [quote="Harold Hinkubah, post: 2100784, member: 69271"]
    [URL='https://whyweprotest.net/community/soco-memos.pdf']
    [/quote]

^^^
  3. Current US Narconon Centers ~ Let's Help Shut Them ALL Down!
  4. RolandRB Member

5. It's a link to a post with several Narconon deaths etc. that you might be able to use.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Anonymous Member

7. RolandRB Member

Another thing I will use if that the programme is not being properly medically supervised. I will point out the doses of niacin being administered and say that no reputable practicioner of medicine would allow these doses to be given so in effect the whole program is done without medical supervision.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. RolandRB Member

I would also like to know the reason for the French to shut down the Narconon treatment. This could be applicable to the UK.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. vegnej Member

10. RolandRB Member

It's not that that bothers me. What goes through my mind is wealthy scilons making charitable donations and the government giving the charity the tax then it gets given back to the scilons who donate it all over again plus the government giving the charity the tax ad infinitum until they have got enough government money to open their Ideal Org and to refurbish it.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. RolandRB Member

One or more in the UK for sure but otherwise listed occasions saying who it was, what drug was withheld and what the consequences were and what legal case it was used in.

A lot of these examples get cited and never challenged in court cases and it is these I want to use.
  12. RolandRB Member

All the clams go snap, snap, snap...
    Coffee Grinders bap, bap, bap,...
    Hoi-Poloi joy-rides zap, zap, zap...
    Tralallala Lalla La La La! :)

(Counting down to a PM from one of the mods wondering if I have gone fucking mad)
  13. Anonymous Member

"wondering"?
  14. Anonymous Member

15. RolandRB Member

Is there any way you can pick out the good bits because I am not easily able to locate them?
  16. Anonymous Member

aim for the charity commission but information collected needs to also be sent to:
    the Health and Safety Executive
    the General Medical Council.

2 shorter versions need to go to press and government ministers
  17. Anonymous Member

call out - please anyone with time read this and post relevant information to this thread.
    It's 2 years of correspondence with the charity commission just to get simple answers on the charitable status of the cult's front groups in the UK.
    http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/communications_for_scientology_r
  18. RolandRB Member

Actually this is an environmental health issue that has to be handled by the local authority. I have just sent something off. See the "Drug Bomb" thread here https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/narconon-drug-bomb.77121/page-2#post-2101474

Environmental health

Environmental health (Lewes District Council)

We promote a healthy, safe district. Our Environmental Health team advise residents and businesses on a variety of issues. When needed, we enforce laws so our communities remain noise and nuisance free.
    Contacts

Phone: 01273 484354
    Email ehealth@lewes.gov.uk
    Further information

www.lewes.gov.uk/environment/index.asp
  19. Anonymous Member

Local and national - we should send info and questions to both.

Ask questions. Ask people in charge to why they think Narconon is allowed to operate and whether they consider it a good thing. Ask if they think it should have tax exemption as a charity.

Put them in a position where they have to go on record publicly with a view on the subject.
  20. RolandRB Member

Which people in charge? How do we get the question to them? Who do we use to say when they refuse to answer?

It's not easy. Governments all over the world have been dodging this one for decades.
  21. Anonymous Member

It is actually quite easy - for anyone prepared to be public themselves.

Ask relevant ministers, head of local environmental health, GMC, Head of Charity Commission, whoever is relevant to give an opinion on the matter in writing. Post their replies here. People in office do not want to look like ill-informed, supporters of a criminal cult. You're not trying to make friends with them - you're holding them to account as public servants. (Go after people at the top - who get paid the most public money)

They can sidestep the answer. Keep asking for clarification. Just go after them repeatedly- say you don't fully understand their exact position on the matter.

I've run campaigns like this - it works.
  22. Anonymous Member

Keep it very simple and short - 2 or 3 questions maximum - with some relevant links .
    For example, something like:

Dear ....

The Church of Scientology organisation 'Narcnon' has been closed down in Ottawa by health authorities. In light of this, where do you stand on the identical bogus detoxification programme being sold to people in the UK?

Are you aware that both Narconon and Criminon have charitable status for tax purposes in the UK? What is your opinion of this?

Thanks for your time

Yours sincerely

You don't need to impress them with your knowledge of the subject - just ask them to explain their position.
  23. RolandRB Member

Then somebody please do it. It is not part of my project but maybe it is a good thing to do by somebody as a separate action.
  24. Anonymous Member

We need someone not anonymous prepared to do this in the UK.

This is very simple and not hugely time consuming - the person receiving the questions has to do all the work to reply to your query. If you're not happy with their answer you simply politely ask for them to explain their exact position more fully.
  25. Anonymous Member

It is part of your project - it will put pressure on the Charity Commission from every angle to explain why they gave charitable status to an organisation that causes people harm and is effectively laundering money for a criminal cult operating in the UK.
  26. RolandRB Member

I won't be doing this secondary action. Period.
  27. RolandRB Member

We can get it closed down as well as the Purification Rundown. See post below. We point out that the niacin matches and even exceeds therapeutic levels and that at this level it requires medical supervision and frequent liver enzyme tests. It needs to be "prescribed" at this level by a physician.

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/narconon-drug-bomb.77121/page-2#post-2101868

Goodbye Narconon. Goodbye Purification Rundown. Goodbye Scientology !!! :)
  28. RolandRB Member

^^^ This is enough to get both Narconon and the Purification Rundown closed down the world over.

No wonder I'm the only British critic on RFW :D
    • Like Like x 1
  29. RolandRB Member

I am going to have to spell this one out because the clams will be sent in to disperse this thread:

The doses of Niacin on the Purification Rundown and the Narconon detoxification equal and even exceed those for a therapeutic dose of Niacin to cut cholesterol levels that only a doctor/physician can prescribe. Only they can put a person on such a dose. There has got to be a medical reason to put a person on such a dose. They have to be trying to cure something. It has to be done under medical supervision because of the risk of liver damage. People have to be monitored. Blood samples have to be taken on a regular basis and sent off for quick results to monitor their liver enzyme levels (ALP, AST, ALT) to make sure there is no liver damage happening. And I am guessing this should be done before starting a course of niacin therapy.

The Church of Scientology is not allowed to give these doses of niacin. There has to be a medical cause with niacin being seen as a possible therapy. A Doctor/Physician has to make this decision based on the condition of their patient. It has to be supervised in case there is any adverse reaction. Blood samples will have to be taken on a regular basis and the results got back quickly.

It's all over for the Narconon Drug Bomb and the Purif and so it is all over for Scientology the world over.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

Because they'd never squirrel the tech and/or lie if it meant the survival of the cult.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Isn't Lisa Marie Presley going to end Scientology?
    • Like Like x 1
  32. RolandRB Member

maybe she was reminded of what is in her PC folder. Let's face it, she is a bit butch. Maybe she drinks from the furry cup.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. RolandRB Member

Maybe Hubbard was exaggerating, just like Marty says. Instead of 5000 mg per day of niacin he actually meant 5o mg per day. Maybe an SP came up with the 5000 mg per day level and slipped it past Hubbard who was too busy doing research and signing his own books to notice it.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. RolandRB Member

35. RolandRB Member

http://www.livestrong.com/article/250135-niacin-dosage-for-high-cholesterol/

Dosages
    According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the recommended daily value of niacin is 20 mg for a 2,000-calorie diet. However, this amount isn't nearly enough to affect cholesterol levels. Therapeutic dosages of this B vitamin can range anywhere between 1,500 and 3,000 mg a day to improve your numbers. It is not recommended to take these amounts unless under the supervision of a medical professional.

36. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-blood-cholesterol/DS00178/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs
  37. RolandRB Member

^^^I am going to hit all the local authorites in the UK with Orgs over this. I've got enough medical evidence. What I need now is a collection of adverse events for the Purif or Narconon programme with references for these authorities to check on. If they were used in a legal case then so much the better plus please make this clear.

This time we are going to close them down. Either that or they have to back down from their Purif and Narconon "drug bomb" which I think they will never do.

I am way too busy to do this work this week and soon I go into hospital for major surgery and have some things to sort out so somebody on this forum needs to do this work and thoroughly so I can use it to make a complaint in the next few days.
  38. Anonymous Member

I understand the naturopathic colleges in the UK, which award an "ND" degree or a doctor of naturopathy degree, are run by Scientologists. Here in the US the Scientologists are just one of several mind-over-matter groups promoting naturopathy.

So I wonder, what status do the naturopaths have in the UK?

If I were Scientology in the US, I would round up some naturopaths to back my wacky purif. That's a sure win in states where naturopaths are licensed. Each licensed profession self-regulates. That means that an MD cannot pass judgement upon a homeopath in a state that licenses homeopaths. Only another homeopath can do that.