Customize

Narconon UK: project to remove charitable status

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by RolandRB, Apr 20, 2012.

1. RolandRB Member

There are three Narconon entities in the UK that have been granted charitable status by the Charities Commission for England and Wales. This thread is intended as a focus point for coming up with a plan and supporting documentation to get this charitable status removed.

I think we can all see that the Church of Scientology is using this to extract money from vulnerable people and to gain converts. They have access to schools and we all know the Church connection. The CC E+W has refused the Church of Scientology charitable status in the UK and yet they have granted it to three entities that have the agenda of spreading Scientology teaching and gaining recruits from the vulnerable and the young.

Please discuss in this thread.
    • Like Like x 8
  2. RolandRB Member

Proving the connection.

We need to prove the connection between the Co$ and Narconon and be able to produce the dox.

1) What is stated in Church documents such as HCOPLs about the role and purpose of Narconon?

2) If the press contact a Narconon representative then must that representative be a Church member?

3) Is there any mention in the documents about the advantages of getting access to schools?

4) Do they tell the children anything misleading and possibly harmful?
    • Like Like x 2
  3. BigBeard Member

You need to talk direct with David Love about the docs connecting the dots between Cof$ and NarCONon. I suspect he has enough to bury someone in paper.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 8
  5. grebe Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

Have you tried asking David Love, AND/OR using the search function?
  7. grebe Member

Why so snarky? Just go get some really good Narconon docs from David Love's and other's efforts and put them here in a handy place for Roland. I'm sure he knows what he is doing.

All docs; less talk. Time is money. Go!
    • Like Like x 4
  8. RolandRB Member

Exactly. I can not find it all. It is better for people who know where it is to find it and post it here. If we can get enough good dox together proving the link and the other things in post #2 then I will make an approach to the CC E+W.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. RolandRB Member

It would be nice of the Narconon News image were bigger. That and the others are going to play an important role. Are the colored diagrams all from the same source? It would be nice if they were a little bigger as well. I will need an official source for those documents so that the CC E+W can make inquiries.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Dott Member

Narconon Dox - David Love

Sample

[IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  11. Anonymous Member

The Trois-Rivieres Revenue Canada filings had some interesting evidence of financial links between Narconon and Scientology. Are these publicly available from Inland Revenue for charities?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dragononymous Member

Over here, there's a similair problem.

Just don't forget to check all other related things too, such as Scholastics and The way to happiness.
    They're good at this, don't underestimate them...
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Anonymous Member

/derail

"Narconon is the only successfull [sic] drug rehabilitation program me on the planet" - LRH

No, that would be Thamkrabok... a real 80%+ success rate.
  14. Tourniquet Member

HTF can these... people DENY that Narconon is a Scientology organization?
    Time to pin Miscavige's tiny balls to the wall on this one!
    • Like Like x 2
  15. RolandRB Member

In good time. This project is purely about removing the Narconon charitable status in the UK using a focussed document to be sent to the CC E+W.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dragononymous Member

In that case, I'll try to help you in any way possible.

To link Narconon to Scientology, you could check people who are related to both too. Just as a little extra.

I.e. If one is registered on the name of a known scientologst, then well... you know
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

This may be relevant to our interests:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17770765

The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) can rule against names that mislead customers about commercial status....
    ....The regulator said that it wanted to prevent names used by commercial firms that could mislead people looking for free, impartial, charitable or public sector assistance.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. RolandRB Member

I've looked into that and I don't see there is anything we can use there unless I have missed something.

In any case, to get somewhere with this, I think people should concentrate on the points in post #2 so that the CC E+W get a very direct and focussed complaint that they can relate to.
  20. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  21. RolandRB Member

When I finally write to the CC E+W then my email to them will concentrate on the above points and I need the documentation (plus the sources so they can check themselves) to back it up. The colored diagrams above are going to be very useful but I need the sources of these.

P.S. I hope I get a C&D letter from you know who to hang on the wall when this is all done. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  22. RolandRB Member

What I am aiming to produce is a one page argument to remove charitable status from the three Narconon entities in the UK with each point in the argument backed up with documents and their sources ("sources" being very important so that the CC E+W can check themselves). Next, I have to admit that I am pretty shit at wording up these things. I can do a half-decent amateur job but that is all. I asked for and got help with the business rates relief thing and that hugely improved the document. I need help again to achieve this noble goal of removing charitable status from the three entities in the UK.

As before with this, I am very happy that my name gets used for this and I will take all the punative consequences. I just need your expertise in designing and drafting this thing. I will remove all traces of correspondence from my computer before sending it off to the CC E+W. If I get sued in court then after this passage of time then naturally I will have completely forgotten the name and email address of my helper.

Trust nobody in this endeavour unless they can prove their credentials. I can prove mine.
    http://rfw.volunteerdc.org/anti-religious-extremists/roland-rashleigh-berry/
    • Like Like x 6
  23. Anonymous Member

24. http://www.thefix.com/content/narconons-big-con?page=all
    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/04/david_edgar_love_scientology_by_the_balls.php
  25. RolandRB Member

I think I need a civil servant (as before) to help me with this and to draft the complaint to the CC E+W. I will remove all traces from my computer.
  26. BigBeard Member

I believe whoever scanned and posted the fancy pictures showing the links between NarCONon and the bORGs said they came from one of the 'Advance' or 'Freedom' magazines the $cilons published. I don't remember which issue(s) they said they were from though.

If anyone knows, that would provided a pretty convincing link between Cof$ and NarCONon.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  27. RolandRB Member

It would be perfect!! :)
  28. Anonymous Member

Obvious link is obvious. Needs a video to present the info that can be passed around, and a webpage to follow up.

Good luck Roland, let's keep the momentum after David's epic win.
  29. vegnej Member

30. Dott Member

BigBeard, I'm surprised at you. (hands on hips with mock disapproving glare) Sorry, my current useless Dott sock is fairly new.

Anyway, look for scans of International Scientology News Issue 27 in 2004. OCMB has similar scans, IIRC. Check with Don Carlo or Sponge or (I can't believe I'm recommending) QuentinAnon/Rice bros sock. Harold Hinkubah (spelling?) has shitloads of really obscure old dox, try checking with him. Don't forget AnonLover, doxmistress unequaled. TinyDancer has oodles of connections around the world. The list goes on, not trying to rank anons, I love y'all dearly.

David Love seems to have more dox than anyone else on the planet regarding Scilon / Narconon links, so, DAVID LOVE, PLEASE BE CAREFUL YOU DON'T GET DISAPPEARED OR RUN OVER BY A BUS. SCILONS WOULD RATHER HAVE YOU DEAD THAN INCAPABLE (KSW)

Actually, per KSW Series 1, Scilons would rather have you dead. Please be careful David, cult doesn't like its soft porcupine underbelly exposed for gratuitous eating on internet.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Anonymous Member

useful - people mentioned in this article need to be contacted about Narconon once we've put something together
  32. Random guy Member

I suppose the best start is to see what points you want to put forth. Not being a Britfag, I don't know what would be the most appropriate points, but I would suggest getting a hold of their original applications, to see if tthe points they have brought forth can be proven false.

I'm good at shortening text, but I'm not a native English speaker, so I don't know if you have any use for me.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. RolandRB Member

• Like Like x 1
  34. vegnej Member

"useful - people mentioned in this article need to be contacted about Narconon once we've put something together"

Taking this particuarlar angle we would also need to know which rich Scilons have donated and benefitted from any tax relief. We are not talking about mega bucks here it could of been a few thousand but if tax relief was claimed then it would help our case. It would have to be UK resident Scilons as I think they only can claim the tax relief
  35. DeathHamster Member

36. RolandRB Member

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/

From the above site I do a search on company name "narconon" and I get this:

Charities matching your search ...

Your search for 'narconon' has found 3 charities which are shown below.
    Click on the link provided to view a charity's details or click New Search to try again.

Registered NumberCharity name
    267386 NARCONON Registered
    1098004 NARCONON LONDON Registered
    1112230 NARCONON TRUST Registered

The major entity seems to be Narconon London with these figures published on the CC E+W website:

Financial summary !
    Financial year end (FYE)IncomeSpendingAccounts receivedAnnual Return/Annual Update receivedView
    31 Dec 2010 £383,259 £443,509 19 Apr 2012 (171 days late) 19 Apr 2012 (171 days late)
    31 Dec 2009 13 Dec 2011 (408 days late) Not received (538 days overdue)
    31 Dec 2008 £643,000 £607,000 16 Nov 2010 (381 days late) 27 May 2010 (208 days late) Accounts
    31 Dec 2007 £843,853 £894,377 07 May 2009 (188 days late) 07 May 2009 (188 days late) Accounts
    31 Dec 2006 £697,722 £770,628 22 Dec 2008 (418 days late) 24 Mar 2009 (510 days late) Accounts
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

^ Wow, that's way more than I expected for Narconon's UK operation.
  38. DeathHamster Member

If they're not detoxing people, then what's their source of income?
    • Like Like x 1
  39. RolandRB Member

40. RolandRB Member

Objectives and activities

The charity's objectives are the reformation and rehabilitation addicts and the advancement of education and public awareness in this area using the technology of L Ron Hubbard. The continuing activity is to provide drug rehabilitation by using an entirely drug-free social education programme.

(from me now) So does that mean a person taking drugs for epilepsy has to stop taking those drugs because LRH says so?