Customize

narconon uk closes down

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by likey, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

I am well aware Narconon has charitable status.

As far as I understand, there pretty much is a single requirement to obtain ANBI status. 90% of your activities must be for the common good.

In principe, Narconon meets the requirement simply by virtue of being a drug treatment centre. The quality of care they offer is largely if not wholly irrelevant for the tax office.

Now, one might try to argue that if Scientology receives more than 10% of revenues, the charitable status should be retracted as well.

However, it is a long stretch and I would much rather spend my time on getting the Health Inspection to do some serious inspecting.
  2. RolandRB Member

I am referring especially to the "independent" aspect of being a charity. Does that also hold in law in the Netherlands? If they are franchisees according to their contract and the franchiser (Narconon Internations) has control over their activities then they are not "independent". Under UK law, if they are not independent as a charity then they can not be a charity.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

No. Source: http://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/w.../aan_welke_voorwaarden_moet_een_anbi_voldoen/

Really, their charity status is difficult to fight, and largely irrelevant anyway because most of their income is from student fees which aren't tax deductable. I have no indication they are fraudulently using the ANBI status for that income stream.

The Health Inspection, on the other hand, has the authority to shut them down altogether.
  4. Anonymous Member

No. Source: http://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/w.../aan_welke_voorwaarden_moet_een_anbi_voldoen/

Really, their charity status is difficult to fight, and largely irrelevant anyway because most of their income is from student fees which aren't tax deductable. I have no indication they are fraudulently using the ANBI status for that income stream.

The Health Inspection, on the other hand, has the authority to shut them down altogether.
  5. off topic wonder if there still need money for this http://www.causes.com/causes/293802-help-narconon-holland-with-a-new-house/about
  6. grebe Member

Maybe Narconon is a drug treatment centre in the same way that Tom Cruise is an emergency first responder, i.e., a combo of self-delusion and play-acting.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

Not off topic at all actually. In fact, your link is the main reason why I hope the tax authorities will be keeping a close eye on all Scientology related foundations in the coming years. There are five of them with a tax exempt status, and Scientology may try to use one of them as the next shill foundation now that Nabesa has been uncovered.

Narconon is by far the most attractive of those five. Firstly, it has a reasonable size, whereas the cost base for all others is miniscule. Consequently, it is least likely to catch the attention of tax authorities if the revenue stream would suddenly increase.

Secondly, the fact they have been fundraising for a new Narconon building for a few years, gives them have a plausible excuse for such a sudden surge in tax free donations.
  8. Anonymous Member

Of course and my post is not meant to argue otherwise. I was merely conveying that Narconon can hand over all required documentation to obtain tax free status. As thus, they get it, even if tax officers would personally agree with your statement. It´s just how governments work.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Staff member scored drugs and gave them to me
  10. anonymous451 Member

Hi - which one? PM me if you can. Thanks
  11. Intelligence Member

Indeed, James Fishy is a real person, most probably :)

Bartholemew Salt is an Alias :)

Here is a link to my website with all the emails from/to him from a person
    I know geographically close to the UK. Don't click on any of the webpage
    links on the page (the top one links to my Examiner page), just scroll down
    and read em'.

Right now, we are DESPERATELY seeking someone from Narconon Int who worked there
    between 2005-2012 ,..., - - Angela Garcia contact info would be EPIC!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. they are opening a new centre in the uk , they have plans to do this in the new year .
  13. Anonymous Member

That's a coincidence. Anonymous plans to shut them down in the new year.

For good.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. you need to move quick on this ,then as they have a building
  15. fishypants Moderator

Please tell us more.
  16. Anonymous Member

moar info please
  17. Random guy Member

18. Anonymous Member

Where is this building?

Face it - we will ensure there will be no happy opening ceremony.

They will be opening in secrecy, and forced to lie about their "mission".

We Run This.
  19. RolandRB Member

We need more information on this.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. BigBeard Member

It'll be in the blocked off tube tunnel over on the East End. Flash your light three times and tell them 'Slappy' sent you.

BigBeard
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. It will be funded by the church ,someone has donated the building allot of very unhappy people,ex students that never finished program are very upset , former staff upset ,all being over seen by a French women .
  22. Anonymous Member

any more info please post it
  23. Anonymous Member

Who is the French woman?

We need info to fight this before it begins.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

25. The French women is called domique cook I was informed today by a former student she has been in the back ground for years in some way shape or form.
  26. RolandRB Member

• Like Like x 1
  27. Angela Garcia that's a blast from the past she left the centre under not very good terms and has nothing to do xwith narconon from what I hear they will have nothing to do with her and they don't even talk about her or won't ! I will try to find out more about her and see if my ex staff friend will talk cause they where there in her time can I send private messages cause I'm a bit worried and scared about people reading this :-/
  28. That's the French women's husband and the other women is in a relationship with James fish former student amazing what you can find on facebook .
  29. That is the French women husband
  30. If you are worried,then register.
    It gives you the option to send private messages.
    Pm a moderater for help.
    A mod can help you set up a private chat with other members of WWP,who know about NarCONon and can help.
  31. Anonymous Member

32. Anonymous Member

At WWP Members can post everything Anonymously. As a registered Member, you can always post Anonymously when you post publically.

Also, as CP mentioned to you - access to private messages (very secure).
  33. Anonymous Member

things are moving fast they plan to open in 3 months
  34. fishypants Moderator

Where?
  35. Anonymous Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

how do i send a private message
  37. jensting Member

You first get a throw-away e-mail address on a server abroad (hotmail.com ?). Then register here. (Then login but post anonymously.) When you're logged in you can send a private message by clicking on the avatar of the recipient (who cannot be anonymous) and select "start conversation." You can also click on "inbox" at the top of the page (after logging in) and select "start a conversation."

Hope this helps.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

Thank-you for helping us with this Anonymous Mouse.

:)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  39. Horseradish Member

Narconon London was 'Gazetted' last week (info from Companies House database).
    So, it's about to be struck off by Companies House, and may already have its bank accounts frozen.
    It hasn't filed any accounts since 2010... but what gets CH really upset is not filing an Annual Return, which it hasn't done since 2011.

(Narconon Trust is dormant, Narconon Sussex is dissolved, and Narconon Scotland is also dormant.)

If the striking out goes ahead, Narconon should not be undertaking ANY kind of activity in the UK. Or are there any other Narconons here?
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3