Customize

narconon testimonials

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by Anonymous, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

narconon testimonials

Testimonial letters changed to reflect a different location, highlighted a few of the changes

Narconon Sunshine Summit Lodge did not exist in 2009 and Newport by the Sea (Parent Testimonials) has never existed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narconon International: Dear Parents and Families of Addicts (Personal Story) | Facebook

DNarconon International: Dear Parents and Families of Addicts (Personal Story)

Narconon International's Notes
    Dear Parents and Families of Addicts (Personal Story)
    Friday, September 11, 2009 at 1:28pm

(Narconon Southern California)

Dear Parents and Families of Addicts:

I am writing to inform you of how my son's drug addition almost destroyed our family. About five years ago our son who was about l5-l6 years old started changing. Along with the regular teenage rebellion it was much more than that. He had lost respect for himself and others and couldn’t care less about anything, not even grades, family, or law. He was belligerent, angry, all of the signs and then some. I am not naive about drugs. I grew up with a drug addict and saw the pain and hurt that it caused and swore that I would never have to go through that again. We helped him in any way that we could to try to get him back on track but it just got worse and soon he started using much stronger drugs.

Our son became a heroin addict about 3 years ago. I never dreamed that he would even try it because he knew of my brother and how much it hurt me to lose him and all of the horrible stories of growing up with a drug addict. I also thought my son would never try heroin because he lost his cousin to heroin. Right after that he started using heroin. Everyday it got worse. He was very moody, angry, and mean, had no accountability and could care less who he hurt or what he did. Our son was a monster. It broke our hearts to see what was once a beautiful, intelligent caring young man, turn into a demon. He lied, stole, and had no regard for life. His body was looking ragged... At one point I looked at him and saw the grim reaper. He was pale, skinny, dark circles under his eyes, in fact when I would look into his eyes, they were hollow. The drug had stolen my son and his spirit. Living with him was hell.
    I still had 2 other children at home, his older sister and a younger sister. I was working double time to try to save him and protect my daughters. The oldest was scared for him but also was getting very resentful that he was such a mess. At a certain point she disowned him and started to hate him because he was destroying our family. She started to resent us because we continued to forgive and do what ever to save him. I felt guilty for my other children as everything I had I was putting into our son to save him. Our youngest daughter was scared to death and really couldn't understand why her brother was so mean and hateful and why he wouldn't stop doing the drugs that were destroying all of our lives. She would cry and ask me if he was going to die. After a time I finally said to her that it was very possible that he would if he didn't stop the drugs. Our son's drug addition became all of our drug addition and we were not the user.

We went to all extremes to stop him. All of us tried. Everyone said he had to hit bottom... Where is that? Death? One of the hardest things we tried was to turn or backs on him and tells him that unless he did something to stop he was no longer accepted in our family and we wanted no part of him or his ways. We could not handle any more. We were on the verge of losing everything we had, our home, jobs, and what was left of our family.
    This was the hardest thing for a parent to do.
    We put him on the streets.

As parents we had to make a decision, whether to save the rest of our family and life or continue to save just one that was a losing battle. His drug addiction was devastating. It strained our marriage, finances, relationships with our other children and family members, and our own self respect. I didn't hear from him in six weeks. I am a pretty strong person, but I will say that I was real close to a nervous breakdown by this time. One day I had a real uneasy feeling and decided I couldn't take any more of not knowing if my son was ok so when my husband came home from work I told him that something was not right and we had to check on our son. We disagreed for a while as he thought I was giving in but I felt really uneasy. We went to where my son was staying and when we answered the door, he looked like death warmed over. He was very defensive and mean as to why we were there. I told him that I was uneasy and needed to see that he was ok. We left and my feelings were correct. The very next day I found out that he had overdosed and was rushed to the hospital and when we showed up he had just gotten home. It was at that point that I said, ok round 2 and we are gong to beat this. We moved him back home. Again it didn't take long for the drug addiction to take control over all of our lives. We are living in a nightmare. But by now our son had finally said that he was tired of this and wanted to stop. He put himself into a 30 day rehab.

We did believe that he was sincere because of all of the attempts that he had to try to clean him up. The drug kept winning. He would relapse days after he would go through a rehab program or seek help and every time he would relapse it got worse. He would use more, and the drug demon was taking total control of our son. He was stealing, lying, you name it. Oh lord what did we do to deserve this? It was so scary that I would constantly fear that I would walk in and find him dead, or that one of my daughters would find him. He did spend some time in jail-- and I was hoping that that would bring him around. NO the drug was still the champ. He tried several times to Detox himself, There were times we had to rush him to the hospital because he was so sick from detoxifying that we thought he was going to die. We thought certainly that all that he was going through he would never touch that stuff again. No the drug was still the champ. He was a prisoner and he would never see a normal life again that is if the drug didn't take his life. I know that he wanted to stop but just couldn't at this point.

We heard about Narconon Southern California from a friend. Her son was also a heroin addict and was going through Narconon Southern California. He was doing awesome... Our son begged us to help him to get him into the program; however we were so devastated by the past 1 1/2 years of his drug addiction, that we really didn't have an idea of how we could do this... I contacted Justin with Narconon Southern California and talked with him. Not only did we have financial problems but now there were also Law issues and our son was not able to leave the state. We were in between a rock and a hard spot. At this point if our son did not get help, we were going to lose him to either prison or death and the way things were going it was probably going to be death. I can't tell you how much Justin helped us. Justin worked with me all the way. He gave me his cell phone and said I could call him anytime I needed. And I did. Our son was heavy into the drug and things hadn't change. I would call Justin and he would calm me and help me through what ever situation our son was in. Justin was my savior.... He kept me together while we were working on getting our son into the program. He jumped through hoops both legally and personally to help me, my son, and my family... He told me I could call him 24/7 and I did. He walked me through some dark moments...

Finally the day came that we were able to bring our son to Narconon Southern California. Justin told me that I would feel a ton of bricks lifted off my chest once we get him there. It was emotional bringing our son, but it was a huge relief because I knew if he stood any kind of chance of survival at this time it would be here. This was somewhat that last rodeo. I knew that our sons life was coming down to the fact of prison or death, either of which I knew he did not want either. Our son was ecstatic to finally get to Narconon Southern California. He went through the program. When I would talk to him I could hear the life coming back into him. I could hear my son coming back. He spoke clearly, sounded healthy, talked intelligently, but most of all, he had a heart again, spoke of family and love, accountability, respect, remorse, forgiveness, and wanting to live and enjoy life... OMG!!! I had to do a double take and asked him a couple of times to tell me that it was really him that I was talking to because I hadn't seen or heard my son for years..

One of the things that touched my heart was our son said to me-- "I know that you gave me life once, But the greatest gift you could have given me was my life back again by letting me come to Narconon Southern California. Thank you."

Well, that took my legs right out from underneath me. My son wanted to live again and wants to live it clean and healthy. I want to say to you, Narconon Southern California... Thank you for giving back to us our son, our family, our strength to recover from the devastation of a drug addiction.

Frances P.
    (Parent of a Narconon graduate)

Parent Testimonials

Dear Parents and Families of Addicts,

I am writing to inform you of how my son’s drug addiction almost destroyed our family. About five years ago our son, who was about 15-16 years old, started changing. Along with the regular teenage rebellion it was much more than that. He had lost respect for himself and others. Could care less about anything; grades, family, law. He was belligerent, angry, all of the signs and then some. I am not naive about drugs. I grew up with a drug addict and saw the pain and hurt that it caused and swore that I would never have to go through that again. We helped him in any way that we could to try to get him back on track but it just got worse and soon he started using much stronger drugs.

Our son became a heroin addict about 3 years ago. I never dreamed that he would even try it because he knew of my brother and how much it hurt me to lose him and all
    of the horrible stories of growing up with a drug addict. I also thought my son would never try heroin because he lost his cousin to heroin. Right after that he started using heroin. Every day it got worse. He was very moody, angry, and mean, had no accountability and could care less who he hurt or what he did.

Our son was a monster.

It broke our hearts to see what was once a beautiful, intelligent caring young man turn into a demon. He lied, stole, had no regard for life. His body was looking ragged. At one poin t I looked at him and saw the grim reaper. He was pale, skinny, dark circles under his eyes, in fact when I would look into his eyes, they were hollow. The drug had stolen my son and his spirit. Living with him was hell.

I still had 2 other children at home. His older sister and a younger sister. I was working double time to try to save him and protect my daughters. The oldest was scared for him but also was getting very resentful that he was such a mess. At a certain point she disowned him and started to hate him because he was destroying our family. She started to resent us because we continued to forgive and do whatever to save him. I felt guilty for my other children as everything I had I was putting into our son to save him. Our youngest daughter was scared to death and really couldn’t understand why her brother was so mean and hateful and why he wouldn’t stop doing the drugs that were destroying all of our lives. She would cry and ask me if he was going to die. After a time I finally said to her that it was very possible that he would if he didn’t stop the drugs.

Our son’s drug addiction became all of our drug addiction and we were not the user.

We went to all extremes to stop him. All of us tried. Everyone said he had to hit bottom. Where is that? Death? One of the hardest things we tried was to turn or backs and tell him that unless he did something to stop he was no longer accepted in our fa mily and we wanted no part of him or his ways. We could not handle any more. We were on the verge of losing everything we had. Our home, jobs, what was left of our family.

This was the hardest thing for a parent to do. We put him on the streets.
    As parents we had to make a decision, whether to save the rest of our family and life or continue to save just one that was a losing battle. His drug addiction was devastating. It strained our marriage, finances, relationships with our other children and family members, and our own self respect. I didn’t hear from him in six weeks. I am a pretty strong person, but I will say that I was real close to a nervous breakdown by this time. One day I had a real uneasy feeling and decided I couldn’t take any more of not knowing if my son was ok so when my husband came home from work I told him that something was not right and we had to check on our son. We disagreed for a while as he thought I was giving in but I felt really uneasy. We went to where my son was staying and when he answered the door, he looked like death warmed over. He was very defensive and mean as to why we were there. I told him that I was uneasy and needed to see that he was ok. We left and my feelings were correct. The very next day I found out that he had overdosed and was rushed to the hospital and when we showed up he had just gotten home. It was at that point that I said, ok round2O2 and we are going to beat this. We moved him back home. Again it didn’t take long for the drug addiction to take control over all of our lives. We are living in a nightmare, but by now our son had finally said that he was tired of this and wanted to stop. He put himself into a 3O day rehab.

We didn’t believe that he was sincere because of all of the attempts that he made to try to clean himself up. The drug kept winning. He would relapse days after he would go through a rehab program or seek help and every time he would relapse it got worse. He would use more, and the drug demon was taking total control of our son. He was stealing, lying, you name it. Oh
    lord what had we done to deserve this... It was so scary that I would constantly fear that I would walk in and find him dead, or that one of my daughters would find him. He did spend some time in jail and I was hoping that that would bring him around. NO the drug was still the champ. He tried several times to detox himself. There were times we had to rush him to the hospital because he was so sick from detoxing that we thought he was going to die. We thought certainly that all that he was going through he would never touch that stuff again. NO the drug was still the champ. He was a prisoner and he would never see a normal life again; that is if the drug didn’t take his life. I know that he wanted to stop but just couldn’t at this point.

We heard about Sunshine Summit Lodge from a friend. Her son was also a heroin addict and was going through Sunshine Summit Lodge. He was doing awesome, our son begged us to help him to get him into the program, however we were so devastated by the past 1 1/2 years of his drug addiction, that we really didn’t have an idea of how we could do this. I contacted Justin with Sunshine Summit Lodge and talked with him. Not only did we have financial problems but now there were also Law issues and our son was not able to leave the state. We were in between a rock and a hard spot. At this point if our son did not get help, we were going to lose him to either prison or death and the way things were going it was probably going to be death. I can’t tell you how much Justin helped us. Justin worked with me all the way. He gave me his cell phone and said I could call him anytime I needed. And I did. Our son was heavy into the drug and things hadn’t changed. I would call Justin and he would calm me and help me through what ever situation our son was in. Justin was my savior, he kept me together while we were working on getting our son into the program. He jumped through hoops both legally and personally to help me, my son, and my family. He told me I could call him 24/7 and I did. He walked me through some dark moments.

Finally the day came that we were able to bring our son to Sunshine Summit Lodge. Justin told me that I would feel a ton of bricks lifted off my chest once we get him there. It was emotional bringing our son, but it was a huge relief because I knew if he stood any kind of chance of survival at this time it would be here. This was somewhat that last rodeo. I knew that our son’s life was coming down to the fact of prison or death, either of which I knew he did not want either. Our son was ecstatic to finally get to Sunshine Summit Lodge. He went through the program. When I would talk to him I could hear the life coming back into him. I could hear my son coming back. He spoke clearly, sounded healthy, talked intelligently, but most of all, he had a heart again, spoke of family and love, accountability, respect, remorse, forgiveness, and wanting to live and enjoy life..... OMG!!! I had to do a double take and asked him a couple of times to tell me that it was really him that I was talking to because I hadn’t seen or heard my son for years.

One of the things that touched my heart was our son said to me, "I know that you gave me life once, but the greatest gift you could have given me was my life back again by letting me come to Sunshine Summit Lodge. Thank you."

Well, that took my legs right out from underneath me. My son wanted to live again and wants to live it clean and healthy. I want to say to you, Sunshine Summit Lodge - Thank you - for giving back to us our son, our family, our strength to recover from the devastation of a drug addiction.

Frances P.
    Parent Testimonials

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember during the desperate nightmare..."

Dear All,

I remember during the desperate nightmare of addiction that had become my son's life, reading the comforting and uplifting words of a parent whose child had found help at Narconon California, and daring to have hope. My son's path of addiction since the age of thirteen had taken us down many dark and desperate "alleyways" (emergency rooms, jails, etc.) that I never imagined facing with my child.
    Ben's situation had become life threatening, and seriously depleting to us all. His sister had found a new program that claimed to be different than the traditional 12-step programs he had struggled with. He had been to several detox, rehab and recovery programs with no lasting success. Instinctively I knew that none of these programs had addressed the core issues that were the genesis of Ben's addiction, and had been the continuation of some serious family history.
    I had not seen Ben in quite a while because he would disappear when things got bad, either in shame or just out of compassion for the family. His sister had spoken to him on the phone and he agreed to go to Narconon California, but had passed out before he could tell us where he was. After I finally located him through friends, I had to break into the deck of the house where he was staying. It took me nearly 20 minutes to wake him. He was gaunt, grey and severely underweight. I took him directly to a hotel room close to the airport to keep him as close as possible, fearing he may change his mind and bolt. It was the longest most heinous night of my life. He was in an extreme state of addiction -- shaking and violently hiccupping as he rambled on endlessly and without filters about his life on the streets and his personal hell. With the help of the Narconon California staff, by phone we managed to make it through that sleepless night and stick it out till morning.
    I prayed silently to myself all night that Narconon California would be the answer and that he would no longer have to suffer this senseless, painful tragedy. We made one last stop on the way to the airport, and as he looked through his bag for something, a crack pipe fell to the ground. I sobbed silently as we went through the rest of the bag and drove on to the airport. There was another narrow escape when the Air Marshall was called to the ticket counter out of concern for Ben's condition. We could not afford to send someone with him and he courageously convinced the Marshal that he had to get on that flight and get to Narconon California or he would die. I believe that is exactly what would have happened.
    Ben's continued courage and determination got him through the program. During his first trip back home, he walked me through all the stages of his hard work describing the difficult, yet cleansing confrontation that brought him back to himself. The work was intense and I am not sure I would have the courage to face the things he has faced.
    Narconon California helped Ben to save himself.
    My son celebrated his 26th birthday this year just days after his one-year anniversary of being alcohol and substance free. It is the first time in over a decade that I remember us actually celebrating his birthday -- free of fear, apprehension and worry. He is in a functional and fulfilling relationship with a wonderful partner. There are no words to express the joy and gratitude I have for this opportunity to get to know my beautiful adult son, and how thankful I am that through his hard work, dedication and the gift of Narconon California, he is returned to us and to the fullness of life.
    Thank you Narconon California!

Northern California Drug Rehab Center | Drug Prevention

Dear All,

I remember during the desperate nightmare of addiction that had become my son’s life, reading the comforting and uplifting words of a parent whose child had found help at Rainbow Canyon Retreat, and daring to have hope. My son’s path of addiction since the age of thirteen had taken us down many dark and desperate alleyways, (emergency rooms, jails, etc.), that I never imagined facing with my child.

Ben’s situation had become life threatening, and seriously depleting to us all. His sister had found a new program that claimed to be different than the traditional 12-step programs he had struggled with. He had been to several detox, rehab and recovery programs with no lasting success. Instinctively I knew that none of these programs had addressed the core issues that were the genesis of Ben’s addiction, and had been the continuation of some serious family history.

I had not seen Ben in quite a while because he would disappear when things got bad, either in shame or just out of compassion for the family. His sister had spoken to him on the phone and he agreed to go to Rainbow Canyon Retreat, but had passed out before he could tell us where he was. After I finally located him through friends, I had to break into the deck of the house where he was staying. It took me nearly 20 minutes to wake him. He was gaunt, grey and severely underweight. I took him directly to a hotel room close to the airport to keep him as close as possible, fearing he may change his mind and bolt. It was the longest most heinous night of my life. He was in an extreme state of addiction - shaking and violently hiccupping as he rambled on endlessly and without filters about his life on the streets and his personal hell. With the help of the Rainbow Canyon Retreat staff, by phone we managed to make it through that sleepless night and stick it out till morning.

I prayed silently to myself all night that Rainbow Canyon Retreat would be the answer and that he would no longer have to suffer this senseless, painful tragedy. We made one last stop on the way to the airport, and as he looked through his bag for something, a crack pipe fell to the ground. I sobbed silently as we went through the rest of the bag and drove on to the airport. There was another narrow escape when the Air Marshal was called to the ticket counter out of concern for Ben’s condition. We could not afford to send someone with him and he courageously convinced the Marshal that he had to get on that flight and get to Rainbow Canyon Retreat or he would die. I believe that is exactly what would have happened.

Ben’s continued courage and determination got him through the program. During his first trip back home, he walked me through all the stages of his hard work describing the difficult, yet cleansing confrontation that brought him back to himself. The work was intense and I am not sure I would have the courage to face the things he has faced.

Rainbow Canyon Retreat helped Ben to save himself.

My son celebrated his 26th birthday this year just days after his one-year anniversary of being alcohol and substance free. It is the first time in over a decade that I remember us actually celebrating his birthday - free of fear, apprehension and worry. He is in a functional and fulfilling relationship with a wonderful partner. There are no words to express the joy and gratitude I have for this opportunity to get to know my beautiful adult son, and how thankful I am that through his hard work, dedication and the gift of Rainbow Canyon Retreat, he is returned to us and to the fullness of life.

Thank you Rainbow Canyon Retreat! Pam B. Parent Testimonials
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narconon International: Letter of Success from a Sister of an Ex Heroin Addict | Facebook

This letterNarconon International: Letter of Success from a Sister of an Ex Heroin Addict

Narconon International's Notes
    Letter of Success from a Sister of an Ex Heroin Addict
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 9:17am
    "Dear Narconon California:

This letter is my attempt at describing what it was like to have my sister as a heroin addict before and then after Narconon California. Although she's been sober and healthy for five years now, and it's hard to think back, this is my attempt.

First of all, my family has always been extremely close. We don't go a day or two without talking to

someone on the phone and we've always called it the "grapevine" because we'll talk to our mom or dad, sisters, nieces, and they call someone and pass the info on and so on and by the end of the day everyone knows all about what's going on. We spent many years talking about our sister, who was using heroin & who knows what else. We'd watch her totally strung out, trying to sleep it off, wanting to quit, yet not being able. We watched her try to hold a great job, try to be "normal", we talked about intervention, checked out local AZ rehab options, talked about tough love and pushing her out, yet the love and hope that she would quit, plus not knowing really what to do, kept us on the emotional roller coaster. She was what I called a "functional addict" , she held a job, came to family functions, and yet no one trusted her. I couldn't even trust her to leave her with my infant twin boys. How sad is that? A sister that used to be my rock, I couldn't stand to be around. She made me sick, sad and angry. When I needed her, she was gone, maybe not

physically, but she was not my sister anymore, as drugs, lying and manipulating were her best friend, and only focus.

With that being said, my sister just disappeared one day. No calls, no signs, no reason. We "lost" her for 4 years. We did not know if she was dead, alive, in trouble, on the street or what. Our

family pooled our money to hire Private Investigators to find her , no luck. We drove to La Jolla & San Diego many times to search ourselves, no luck. We made & distributed fliers. I spent hours online

searching Missing Persons databases, unknown dead people databases, called area

hospitals for unknown patients, and calling local law enforcement agencies, no luck. I will never forget the sickness in my stomach as I looked at unknown dead people online, called and hoped. Hoping for answers, but hoping I wouldn't find the bad answer.

Finally, after 4 years, we got a call that she was arrested for drugs and it was the happiest

moment of our lives. Prior to her trial, we researched and called many, many rehab facilities, but we kept going back to Narconon California. There are so many facilities; so many that say they are the best, they work, etc.

We finally chose Narconon California, due to their philosophies, staff, and track record of success. We liked that a student doesn't just complete the program and they say "your clean, good luck, see ya".

Narconon California offered the steps beyond that; the former addict can stay and work there, they can come back for more help, etc.

Narconon California offered a different way of dealing with an addiction. They don't just use the standard 12 step procedure that so many do. They tackle the deep down reasons, they get to the heart of the person and all through proven methods. We pooled our money again, and as part of her release agreement, my sister was sent directly to the Narconon California program.

The rest is beautiful history. It has been five years now, she is not only healthy, beautiful, and my sister again, she is more than that. She recently married a fantastic man, and they are both such positive and energetic forces for us. I turn to her for her strength, support, and advice again. She is the big sister I've longed for so many years. Her attitude and energy is contagious. She is my rock. She is the family rock.
    Narconon California worked for my sister. It worked for our entire family. We are whole again and the grapevine is back in full force."

L.W.

Dear Fort Collins New Life Center Staff,

This letter is my attempt at describing what it was like to have my sister as a heroin addict before and then after Fort Collins New Life Center. Although she’s been sober and healthy for five years now, and it’s hard to think back, this is my attempt.

First of all, my family has always been extremely close. We don’t go a day or two without talking to someone on the phone and we’ve always called it the “grapevine“ because we’ll talk to our mom or dad, sisters, nieces, and they call someone and pass the info on and so on and by the end of the day everyone knows all about what’s going on. We spent many years talking about our sister, who was using heroin & who knows what else. We’d watch her totally strung out, trying to sleep it off, wanting to quit, yet not being able. We watched her try to hold a great job, try to be “normal“, we talked about intervention, checked out local AZ rehab options, talked about tough love and pushing her out, yet the love and hope that she would quit, plus not knowing really
    what to do, kept us on the emotional roller coaster. She was what I called a “functional addict.“ She held a job, came to family functions, and yet no one trusted her. I couldn’t even trust her to leave her with my infant twi n boys. How sad is that? A sister that used to be my rock, I couldn’t stand to be around. She made me sick, sad and angry. When I needed her, she was gone, maybe not physically, but she was not my sister anymore, as drugs, lying and manipulating were her best friend, and only focus.

With that being said, my sister just disappeared one day. No calls, no signs, no reason. We “lost“ her for 4 years. We did not know if she was dead, alive, in trouble, on the street or what. Our family pooled our money to hire Private Investigators to find her, no luck. We drove to La Jolla & San Diego many times to search ourselves, no luck. We made & distributed fliers. I spent hours online searching Missing Persons databases, unknown dead people databases, called area hospitals for unknown patients, and calling local law enforcement agencies, no luck. I will never forget the sickness in my stomach as I looked at unknown dead people online, called and hoped. Hoping for answers, but hoping I wouldn’t find the bad answer.

Finally, after 4 years, we got a call that she was arrested for drugs and it was the happiest moment of our lives. Prior to her trial, we researched and called many, many rehab facilities, but we kept going back to Fort Collins New Life Center. There are so many facilities; so many that say they are the best, they work, etc. We finally chose Fort Collins New Life Center, due to their philosophies, staff, and track record of success. We liked that a student doesn’t just complete the program and they say, “Your clean, good luck, see ya“. Fort Collins New Life Center offered the steps beyond that; the former addict can stay and work there, they can come back for more help, etc. Fort Collins New Life Center offered a different way of dealing with an
    addiction. They don’t just use the standard 12 step procedure that so many do. They tackle the deep down reasons; they get to the heart of the person and all through proven methods. We pooled our money again, and as part of her releas e agreement, my sister was sent directly to the Fort Collins New Life Center program.

The rest is beautiful history. It has been five years now, she is not only healthy, beautiful, and my sister again, she is more than that. She recently married a fantastic man, and they are both such positive and energetic forces for us. I turn to her for her strength, support, and advice again. She is the big sister I’ve longed for so many years. Her attitude and energy is contagious. She is my rock. She is the family rock.

Fort Collins New Life Center worked for my sister. It worked for our entire family. We are whole again and the grapevine is back in full force.

Lisa W.
  2. Bipolart Member

Re: narconon testimonials

meh
  3. Anonymous Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/update-2-le-soleil-narconon-expose-march-21-2010-a-64262/

UPDATE#2 Le Soleil: Narconon Expose - March 21, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scientology's Narconon Disgrace Exposed in Québec -Le Soleil

Digg you lovers of Love. Digg!

It's coming...

Links to the articles in French:

Intoxiqué par l'Église de scientologie | Marc Allard | Société

Église de scientologie: un autre coup dur | Marc Allard | Société

English translation by Anonymous:

First article, Part One:

Quote:
    Intoxicated by Scientology

by Marc Allard
    Le Soleil

(Quebec City) Since he's been out of Narconon, David Edgar Love hardly gets any sleep. He has flashbacks about the traumatic experiences he says he experienced in the Scientology detox centre in Trois-Rivières, and sometimes he becomes so anxious that he loses his breath.

In November, a doctor at the Cité de la Santé hospital in Laval diagnosed him with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Mr. Love now consults a psychiatrist in a Montreal hospital who was recommended by Mike Kropveld, the director of Info-Cult, and he tries not to appear too drowsy at his new job.

Sitting in a small restaurant in a glum corner of Montreal's Lachine district, where he found a small apartment, Mr. Love, 57, recounts his experience with Narconon, where he was a client from December 2008 to May 2009 and an employee until the end of October.

Revealed for the first time today in Le Soleil, his testimony about the Quebec detoxification centre connected with the Church of Scientology adds to a series of disclosures that have shaken this religious organization in various places throughout the world in recent months.

At his side, David Love has a briefcase full of documents to support a complaint he filed with Quebec's Human Rights Commission and a separate complaint filed with Quebec's Labour Standards Commission, which are investigating his allegations.

During the 11 months he spent at Narconon, Mr. Love says he was the victim of harassment, threats and many other violations of his rights. He also says he did not receive a large portion of his salary.

In a letter dated December 21, 2009, the law firm representing Narconon, Heenan Blaikie, offered David Love $2,550.29 on condition that he not share his story with the media. Mr. Love declined the offer.

"They will not silence me," he says. "I have rights and I intend to have my rights respected."

By telephone, Le Soleil reached the director of Narconon Trois-Rivières, Marc Bernard, who declined to give his version of the facts. "I have nothing to say, I have no comment," he said. "No comment."

Omertà

A resident of British Columbia, David Love arrived at Narconon shortly before Christmas in 2008. He was addicted to methadone and cocaine and had decided to follow the rehab program at the detox centre in Trois-Rivières, where he knew an employee.

During the first weeks of his treatment, Mr Love says he was surprised by the omertà that reigned at Narconon about Scientology. He remembers hearing an employee interrupt a discussion among a group of clients he was in, by issuing an order: "You are not allowed to speak about Scientology when you are at Narconon»

The employee later explained to him that Narconon wanted to avoid the subject so as not to scare clients, their parents, or the "sponsors", who pay more than $20,000 for the treatment, a majority of whose clients are English speakers from the United states and English Canada.

On its Quebec website, Narconon presents itself as a "non-profit program of rehabilitation and detoxification" and boasts of having 50 centres in 21 countries. There is no mention anywhere that Narconon is part of the Church of Scientology.

For Paul Schofield, who was a member of the Church of Scientology for more than 20 years before becoming "case supervisor" at the Sydney and Melbourne Narconon centres and then director of Narconon for all of Australia, there is no doubt that Narconon is a satellite of the Church of Scientology.

"Aside from the withdrawal phase, all the courses you take at Narconon are almost identical to those you take at the Church," he says, "Except that when you take them at the church, they only cost you about a quarter or a third of the price."

While he was a client at Narconon, David Love says he was forced to memorize passages from books by L. Ron Hubbard, the science fiction author who founded the Church of Scientology and wrote the 8 books on which the Narconon program is based.

"Any book that might interfere with the mind-altering and brainwashing process is prohibited and confiscated," says David Love.

In addition to reading books by Hubbard, David Love also had to practice regularly the "training routines" prescribed by Scientology's grand master.

He remembers one routine that consisted of sitting for long hours while staring at another client without saying a word and without moving. There was another similar routine in which he was told not to react while his partner bombarded him with insults.

Extreme Purification

The 57-year-old man also remembers the training routine involving an ashtray. "I had to yell at an ashtray, 'Stand up!' then 'Sit down!' until it obeyed by itself," he said. "But since I was unable to find the right tone, I had to lift the ashtray by myself over and over." "After all these training routines," says Love, "I'm lucky not to be insane."

To help addicts overcome their dependence, Narconon also requires that they strictly follow an intense vitamin and sauna treatment which Scientologists call the "Purification Rundown" and which is also provided by the Church of Scientology of Quebec City at a cost of $2,000.

For two weeks, David Love said he had to spend almost four hours a day in a sauna and swallow large amounts of vitamins and minerals each day. He recalls having had, among other things, to take a lot of niacin, a vitamin (B3) used to reduce a person's cholesterol level.

In a July 17, 2004 interview with the Journal de Trois-Rivières posted on the detoxification centre's website, the director of Narconon Trois-Rivières, Marc Bernard, described the virtues of niacin for expelling drugs from fat cells.

"The toxins remain trapped in fatty tissues for several years," Mr. Bernard explained. "When they are released, this is what addicts call flashbacks."

Asked about this practice, Dr. Lise Archibald, of the Ubald-Villeneuve Rehabilitation Centre in Quebec City, told Le Soleil that she has never read anything about the benefits of niacin for drug addicts.

A toxicology specialist at Quebec's National Institute of Public Health (INSPQ), pharmacist Lyse Lefebvre, also has never heard of niacin as an aid to combat drug addiction. However, she warns that consuming too much vitamin B3 may cause digestive problems, aggravate asthma, lead to a certain form of arthritis attack, and cause redness and itching.

Health Canada recommends a maximum of 500 mg of niacin per day. Clients of Narconon and Scientologists who follow the "Purification Rundown" ingest up to 5,000 mg per day," says David Love.

"The vitamin and sauna treatment was far from pleasant for the clients of Narconon," recalls Mr. Love. "It was horrible. People were sick. They vomited and had diarrhea."

Like a military base

During his rehabilitation, Mr. Love wanted to leave the Trois-Rivières detox centre to return to his family in British Columbia. But he says that Narconon refused to give him his wallet and his identity papers, even though he requested them more than once.

Except in special cases, Quebec law prohibits forcing drug addicts to continue treatment, which is to be followed on a voluntary basis.

Mr. Love recalls that, instead of giving him his papers, he was sent to the "ethics officer", who argued that he should stay longer.

"Many students want to leave and try," he says. "Some even manage to leave and set out on foot along along the road, but the ethics officer is called and a car is sent to recover them and bring them back to the Narconon buildings."

David Love said he never witnessed a client being forced to get into a car. Instead, he points out, Narconon calls a student's parents or sponsor and convinces them not to pay the bus or air fare for the student.

Every day, adds Mr. Love, Narconon's staff closely monitors the comings and goings of their customers. "It's like a military base," he says. "There is security, they have radios. They check on you every 20 minutes to know where you are."

Clients turned into employees

Mr. Love is not the only client to have worked at Narconon. About 40% of clients subsequently become employees, according to a statement made in May 2002 by Devinder Luthra, then president of Narconon Canada, at a session of the Special Committee on Non-Medical Use of Drugs in the House of Commons.

While he was an employee, David Love was responsible for contacting former clients of Narconon to compile statistics on the success or failure of the program. He says he received emails from many "exes" who had relapsed and still need help. What he was hearing did not appear to match the 70% success rate which Narconon boasts about on its website.

Mr. Love says he tried repeatedly to warn his superiors at Narconon Trois-Rivières, but they refused to change their practices.

It was at this point that David Love says he realized Narconon was a "hoax" at the service of the Church of Scientology. "Once I understood and believed it was true," he wrote on a message board operated by Anonymous, an anti-Scientology movement that originated on the Internet, "My eyes were opened to the reality of the lies that I had swallowed."

From the day he resigned, November 3, Mr. Love says he received threats from Sue Chubbs, Narconon's director of production.

With documents to prove it, David Love shows that, among other things, she posted on his FaceBook page the words "Enemy" and "Fair Game". This means, in Scientology jargon, he "may be deprived of property or injured by any means and by any Scientologist."

Second Article:

Quote:
    The church of Scientology, another hard hit

(Québec)Forced abortions, violence, imprisonment, torture, sexual abuses, embezzlement, blackmail: The church of scientology has been accused of commiting all these crimes in the last months, as denunciations from ex-scientologists multiplied in the world.

In Australia, senator Nick Xenophon requested, last november, a public investigation about the Church of Scientology, after receiving numerous letters from ex-employees and high ranking members of the religious organisations, amongst them, Paul Schofield, who spoke with ''Le Soleil''

«De mon point de vue, c'est une organisation à deux visages», a dit Nick Xenophon au Sénat australien. «Il y a le visage public d'une organisation qui prétend offrir des conseils et du soutien à ses fidèles et il y a le visage privé d'une organisation qui maltraite ses membres et cible vicieusement ses critiques, et semble carburer à la paranoïa.»

«From my point of view, it's an organisation with 2 faces», said Nick Xenophon in the australian Senate. «There is the public face of an organisation that pretends to offer to offer support and counsel to it's members, and there is the private face of an organisation that mistreat it's members, targets viciously it's critics and that seems to be fueled by paranoia.»

Beating Staff Members

In the United States, the St. Petersburg Times revealed for the first time in june, accounts from four ex high ranking members of the organisation, that accuse the head of the Church, David Miscavige, of beating frequently his employees.

At the start of the month, the New York Times was publishing an investigation on the difficulty that scientologists encounter when trying to distance themselves from the organisation. To quit the Church of Scientology, the couple in the article affirmed having to sign false confessions about their life and their work, to give the Church thousands of dollars and having to cut any communication with their friends and family that stayed in the Church.

In france, following complaints from 2 ex-members of scientology that said they were defrauded of tens of thousands of euros, the correctional Tribunal of Paris condemned in last october the Church of scientology for ''Organized group fraud''.

In every country, the Church of Scientology accused the ex-members of lying.

Other coverage:

Translation of an article on the website of the Trois-Rivières daily newspaper Le Nouvelliste, March 22, 2010:

Narconon de nouveau dans la controverse | Actualités

Photograph Caption:
    The premises of the Narconon drug rehabilitation centre are located on
    Parent Boulevard in Trois-Rivières. This organization has stirred a lot of
    controversy in recent years.

Quote:
    Narconon Again the Focus of Controversy

March 22, 2010

(Trois-Rivières) The Narconon Trois-Rivières detoxification centre, suspected of links with the Church of Scientology, once again finds itself in the middle of a controversy.

This time, it's the public statements made over the weeked by a former patient who became an employee of the organization that have brought the subject back into the news.

David Edgar Love, a 57-year-old man from the Montreal area, has just filed a complaint with the Quebec Human Rights Commission [Commission des droits de la personne] as well as with the Quebec Labour Standards Commission [Commission des normes du travail]. Both commissions are currently investigating the matter.

The former Narconon employee says he is suffering from post-traumatic stress since leaving the centre in May 2009. Harassment and threats are alleged to have been daily occurrences at the Parent Boulevard establishment. This, at least, is what he explained in an interview he gave to Le Soleil.

During the interview, Love also revealed several techniques allegedly used within the centre, whose treatment methods follow the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard, founder of the Church of Scientology.

According to his account, Narconon requires that its patients undergo an extreme purification program which consists of ingesting large amounts of vitamins and spending more than four hours a day inside a sauna.

Love also describes an exercise which involves an ashtray, a recollection which brings back unpleasant memories.

"I had to yell at an ashtray, 'Stand up!' then 'Sit down!' until it obeyed by itself," he told Le Soleil. "But since I was unable to find the right tone, I had to raise the ashtray by myself over and over... I'm lucky not to be insane."

Total Silence

David Love was far less talkative about his experience when he was reached yesterday by Le Nouvelliste. During a telephone interview, he systematically refused to answer our questions, repeating that he is in a mediation process with Narconon and that an agreement might soon be concluded.

Silence was the same reply yesterday from Marc Bernard, director of Narconon Trois-Rivières, however he promised he would have a response today about the whole affair.

For the Anonymous collective, which combats the Church of Scientology, this turn of events in no way constitutes a surprise.

"It's always hard to know what happens behind closed doors. But the Church of Scientology uses organizations such as Narconon to project a nice public image. This image is what it's trying to save," says activist Marc Lacasse (fictitious name).

Anonymous has also been in constant contact with David Love, providing him support in his efforts.

"He came to our internet message board, and he was a man in urgent need of help. He was a well-placed individual in the establishment at Narconon. He thought no one would believe him," said the representative of the movement.

Clarifying the Situation

Since its arrival in Trois-Rivières, Narconon has regularly been the target of criticism. For this reason, "We must now clarify the situation," according to Sylvie Tardif, director of the COMSEP organization [a local non-profit organization that helps alleviate poverty and illiteracy].

Sylvie Tardif is also a municipal councilor and she had the opportunity to visit the detoxification centre a few years ago.

"I saw saunas and all that. They explained the vitamin stuff to me and I was told that people could sometimes be sick," said the representative of the Marie-de-l'Incarnation District.

Then, in 2008, Narconon sought to offer a $1,000 donation to COMSEP, the organization she heads. She refused. "Given the doubts we had, we felt it was preferable to abstain. We had heard about its ties with the Church of Scientology, but we weren't knowledgeable about it," says Sylvie Tardif.

At that time, several other organizations had criticized Narconon and this provoked heated discussions in the media.

A few months later, the Mauricie Health Agency [Agence de santé de la Mauricie] brought Narconon back into the spotlight when it recommended that Quebec make obligatory the certification of such private or community organizations. The Anonymous Quebec movement then came to Trois-Rivières to support this demand.

Narconon was not, however, at the end of its troubles. In February 2009, a new controversy arose over the purchase of the Vieilles Forges golf club by new owners connected with the Church of Scientology.

The administrative policies advocated by the managers were also based on the principles established by Ron Hubbard, and the training sessions were provided by a company located at the same premises as Narconon.

"I think it is up to the Health Agency to pursue things further and up to the government to make the necessary verifications. It would be beneficial for the citizens, but also for the organization," says Sylvie Tardif today.
  4. Anonymous Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/24-f...nces/narconon-trois-rivieres-fair-game-60227/

*Narconon Trois Rivieres - Fair Game*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Student - Staff Member Escapes From Narconon Trois Rivieres

I recently left Narconon Trois Rivieres and it was an ordeal I would not wish on anyone. I was a student on their program for 5 months, then I was asked to start working there as a staff member as soon as I completed the program. Their program had taken me through the L. Ron Hubbard "gradient" process, which I, and many others did not notice the effects this "process" had accomplished on the mind. A process of mind control, ("brain washing"), which is in small steps called a "Gradient" in Scientology and Narconon terms.

I credited being drug free and clean, to the program and I promoted it by writing for their Blog, being a guest speaker on "Live Graduation", and many other Narconon Trois Rivieres promotions while working there on staff. I was on staff for 6 months and thought it was the "best program in the world".......and I promoted it as such.

But as I was promoted from Course Room Supervisor up into other positions, where I had access, (as part of my job), to files and documents, I noticed that something was wrong.

The last month I was employed there, I saw what some of my family had told me months earlier.....but I would not listen to or believe. Narconon was a CULT which was part of the Church of Scientology. Once I knew this and believed it to be true,
    my eyes were opened to the "reality" of the lies I had fallen for.

I felt ashamed, embarrassed, and as more and more lies became apparent to me, fear set in. How was I going to leave here? They were 3 weeks behind in my pay; I had no money; no place to go; I didn't speak French; and all my family were 5,000 kilometers away and could not help me.

I knew I had to leave. "I must leave this place", was all I could think of. I had been forcefully detained in the past; I had been in PTS interviews; and I had been labeled a potential trouble source. I saw the posters on the walls, of others who had been labeled as Enemies, and in Treason, for acts they committed, and I knew what would happen if they found out I was leaving.

I had been threatened while working there, on more than one occasion, and knew there would be more psychological harassment if they even had a whisper of an idea that I might be planning to leave. I knew they would attempt to "handle me".
    It took international help from England as well as people in Vancouver and Montreal, Canada to finally leave safely. I left in the early evening with only a small borrowed suit case; leaving the rest of my belongings.

I was labeled an ENEMY on my Facebook Wall, which many other people saw, and entered into their "FAIR GAME" world. This was posted by an Executive on staff at Narconon Trois Rivieres. I received text and email messages with threats and I lived in fear.

A few days later, I went back with the Trois Rivieres Police, followed by a CBC TV camera man and Reporter. I received a small part of the pay they owed me and picked up my belongings.

The fear continued until I was hospitalized for two days and diagnosed with "POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER". I then filed a complaint for my wages, my vacation pay, my ROC record, and for Psychological Harassment as defined with the "NORMES du TRAVAIL" in Quebec. In other provinces, it's called, "The Labor Relations Board". I filed more than 86 pages of documents and the complaint and claim has been accepted by the Normes du Travail. A hearing is in February 2010, where more documents and evidence will be submitted to verify and substantiate my claims and allegations.

Unfortunately, the Normes du Travail does not deal with, nor participate in any claims which fall under "The Canadian,(or Quebec)Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms". I believe this is where the claims should be....or perhaps may be in the future. But when one faces a formidable opponent, such as the law firm which represents Narconon Trois Rivieres, doing this by oneself is a huge task indeed.

I am waiting for permission to upload certain documents to this thread, and should be able to within a few days.

I want to thank all those who have helped me thus far, and I will appreciate any further assistance from any and all interested people.
  5. Anonymous Member

Former Narconon Staff Speaks Out!

Bringing Out The Truth About Narconon/ Scientology!

alt.religion.scientology - February 2, 2008
    [Texte intégral]

I post this anonymously because of actual threats I have received from former bosses and die-hard Scientologists at the Narconon facility I used to work at. Narconon is a scam run by the Co$ to raise money and manipulate and take advantage of desperate, easily-victimized drug addicts by subjecting them to basic Scientology teachings and getting them to join the Co$.
    Narconon claims to have a 80% success rate. In the 7 months I was involved with one of 2 Narconon facilities in California, over 80 people attended and graduated from the program. I personally know that 71 of them relapsed. Many who relapse return to Narconon, where they are put on a degrading and punishing "ethics cycle" where they are forced to perform manual labor in order to "make up damage" to the Narconon facility and rejoin the group. Relapsed addicts who return are not only put to work, but subject to even more intense efforts to get them to join the Co$ and be brainwashed by the Narconon "counselors".

The facility, only licensed for a little over 32 patients by the State of California, had almost 50 because of all the relapsed graduates who returned. The facility was overcrowded and in violation of fire and
    health codes. Pressed for time, the kitchen staff would defrost meat in the bathtubs while the bathroom was still in use by students.

Whole rooms had nothing in them but beds from wall to wall, cramming students in. There was minimal staff supervision because staff members were totally outnumbered. On-site drug use was rampant and students were constantly getting high in the facility or in the surrounding neighborhood after escaping unnoticed. The safety and well being of students was endangered when non-commercially licensed and uninsured staff members would drive students around in uninsured facility automobiles for program-sponsored events. To deal with the lack of space at the actual facility, students were placed in temporarily rented apartments that were far from staff supervision (2 of these apartments being several miles away from the actual facility). State authorities were unaware of these ad-hoc facilities and no license had been granted for them.

Many Narconon graduates at facilities world-wide go on to work at the facility. This is often because the upper-level Scientologist counselors who run the facilities convince them they can't afford to go out in to the world or they will inevitably return to drug use. Their only chance at sobriety is to work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day with minimal contact with family, vacation time, free time or personal time at Narconon.

Narconon, the "couselors" say, saved their life, so the patient must "repay their debt" by working for Narconon. They are paid $50 a week to start, and raises come only after they pass through various courses given at the local Co$ organization. "Counselors" have no formal training when it comes to first aid, drug abuse treatment, medicine, counseling. The only so-called formal training they have comes from the Co$ and the fact that all employees at the Narconon facility were themselves recent graduates.

Addicts and their families pay over $22,000 to go to Narconon after being convinced through deception and lies that the program will save their life or that of their addicted love one. A significant portion of this $22,000 goes to the Co$ as payment for classes staff members are required to take. Furthermore, thousands of dollars out of that $22,000 goes to purchasing books from the Association for Better Living and Education (ABLE), itself an arm of Scientology and the "publisher and copyright owner" of the books Narconon uses (books that are all LRH's teachings).

Narconon "students" (the name used to refer to patients) are subject to an unproven, quack medical practice of the purification-rundown, where they sit in a sweltering sauna for hours on end, taking harmful doses of vitamins, minerals and niacin (a very harmful substance in the amount Narconon makes its "students" consume).

Never in my time at this Narconon facility was there every a licensed medical professional on staff, apart from a registered nurse who had gone through the program herself after becoming addicted to prescription medications she stole from work before coming to Narconon. This nurse, the facility's only licensed medical professional, relapsed 3 times during the course of my employment at the facility. She was far from the only staff member to relapse. Both students and staff members were constantly getting kicked out or fired because of drug use, inappropriate sexual conduct between staff members and students, or being deemed "suppressive" by hardcore Co$ staff members after, say, a staff member missing a day of work, showing up late, or refusing to embrace forced Co$ teachings.

While at Narconon my job involved public relations for the facility and recruitment of new "students". I was told by my bosses to lie to any and all people who called the facility seeking help for themselves or loved ones.

We would lie about insurance coverage (We would tell people we knew for a fact that their insurance carrier would cover our program when in fact, such carrier had never, EVER agreed to cover the Narconon program because that health insurance company had doctors smart enough to recognize Narconon as the scam it is). So, innocent people would pay tens of thousands of dollars, sure that their insurance providor would reimburse them at a later date.

That reimbursement would never come but by then Narconon and Co$ already had their money. We would lie about our success rate, basing the statistics of a 70%-80% success rate on decades old studies done by obscure European research firms.

In actuality, there was no record of the firms conducting such studies of ever having existed. But, go to the website of any Narconon facility worldwide and they will taut this 70%-80% success rate. I would extoll our success rate to callers while at the same time knowing that well over 90% of students I had seen graduate from the program had relapsed.

We would constantly hear of graduates relapsing when their families would call mere days after the students graduation, devastated that they had already returned to drug use. I personally can recall the names of 6 students who graduated and became staff members... lasting less than a week as staff before relapsing. Almost all students who attempted to return home after graduation relapsed as well.

These unfortunate people are not statistics to me. I can recite the names of each and every one of these Narconon victims who I saw come in to the program desperate for help, only to be taken advantage of, abused, and manipulated.

Narconon tauts this high success rate but the staff knows it is not true. In typical C0$ fashion, however, they deny the facts and make themselves believe in the lies that best serve their agenda... recruitment and fundraising for the Co$ by taking advantage of drug addicts and their families.

Even the Narconon facilities are constantly sending students-turned-staff back and forth to one another for because of relapses. Narconon Southern California had to send their "Ethics Director" to the Northern Califoria facility after he relapsed. Narconon Chillocco's Senior Case Supervisor (the upper-level Scientologist who determines what Scientology courses individual students will take, in what order, and how) relapsed and came to the So. Calif. facility to redo her program.

Narconon Nor. Calif's Intake Director (the lead person responsible for bringing in new "students" relapsed and apparently had a sexual relationship with a juvenile "student" (Narconon Nor. Calif. is the only Narconon facility licensed to treat juveniles as well as adults), and was sent to Narconon So. Calif. to redo his program. These staff members, supposedly among the most advanced, most accomplished, most experienced, most highly trained graduates and staff members of Narconon still could not stay sober! And because of their staunch dedication to the Co$, they were sent to another facility after their relapse (where they would avoid embarrassment and so that the students at the facility they used to work for would be unaware of what had occurred) where they would quickly go through their re-attempt at the program and get hired at a different Narconon facility.

Narconon is truly a criminal enterprise. It sickens me to know that I was responsible for bringing in decent people who sought out my guidance for help at the most desperate times of their lives to an evil organization like Narconon - an organization who's sole purpose was to defraud, manipulate, then brainwash these drug addicts and their families to the extent that the addict would get suckered in to accepting the Co$ and LRH's insane teachings. Lives and families are torn apart at Narconon.

When I left Narconon in an argument with my bosses because of my gradually becoming more and more aware of what a criminal conspiracy Narconon was and is, I was threatened by these Scientologist bosses of mine. For weeks after I left they tracked me down and left threatening messages on my answering machine. Despite such threats and the evil we all know Scientology can inflict upon those who it deems its enemies (especially people like myself who were on the inside of their tactics and teachings), I had to post this message here and share my experiences at and knowledge of Narconon in the hopes that it will keep atleast 1 person from going to this facility were they previously considering it.
  6. Anonymous Member

Another Narconon Stone Hawk victim speaks out

alt.religion.scientology - February 2. 2008

*Late November, 2007*

Looking for a drug rehab for my son, I found Narconon Stone Hawk on the Internet, and contacted the owner, Per Wickstrom. My wife and I don't have a lot of money; we couldn't afford Narconon's steep price. But Per had a solution: he took our financial information, and submitted credit card applications for us with Discover Card, Chase, and Bank of America (for an American Express card). Discover Card turned us down, but we got a $20,000 line of credit from Bank of America. This was just enough to cover the combined cost of Narconon plus another company that works with them, Intervention Services and Technologies. The $20K total is less than what Narconon normally charges, but it was all the credit card company would loan us, and Per was willing to take what he could get.

*December 28, 2007*

On December 2 we took our son to Narconon Stone Hawk in Albion Michigan, at 12:30pm. He called on Dec. 5 and begged me to please look more closely at this place. He told me to look on Google. I told him I would. By 3:00 am on December 6th we were on our way to pick him up from Stone Hawk.

I have been trying to get some answers for how they are going to handle this. I spoke with Jai (he has since resigned from the company as of December 19), Michelle Darrell (Per Wicksrom's assistant), Sean Kelty (my son's intake person), Kristene, and now Eric (Jai's replacement). Everyone keeps giving us the run-around; no one will return our calls.

I had spoken with Eric last Thursday December 20th. He said he would have to look into it and call me back. I called him back after an hour he said he would send our $500.00 for medical and $40.00 student account money in the mail that day. Now over a week has passed and no check. So I called Eric today. His secretary, said Michelle Darrell takes care of that. I called Michelle. After leaving a message and being very persistent, I finally got to talk to her. She said, she needed us to fill out a release form and have it notarized.She was supposed to e-mail it, but I have not got that either. I tried to call Eric back and his secretary said he was not accepting phone calls until further notice.

I called back after about 10 min. and talked to Michelle again. She said that she would send the $540.00 check today. But she told me that Stone Hawk would refund all but $15,900.00. Technically, Chris did not start the program. He only went through 3 days at de-tox and spent part of 1 night at the Battle Creek facility. How can they justify this? If they care about people as they say they do (and I stated this to Michelle), why would they keep our money that we need to help Chris ?

1/8/08

Per,

This letter is in reference to Christopher Z. He arrived at them Albion MI facility on 12/2/07 at about 11:30 am. On the morning of 12/5/07 my wife and I picked Chris up at the Battle Creek, MI facility. Chris at that time had only been to de-tox and had not started any class or sauna treatments.

I know that we signed the contract stating that the program is non refundable, but we should have educated ourselves a little more before we took this step to help our son.

The reason I am writing this is to ask you to consider refunding our money. Please keep reading. We put ourselves in a huge financial bind when we did this, but from what we were told, it would be worth the effort and this program was the best thing for Chris. As we learned more about the program, we decided that this was not the treatment we wanted for Chris. I know you don't call it Scientology, but from what we gathered it is. This goes against our beliefs and up-bringing and we don't want this forced on Chris. We didn't know enough about the program before we brought Chris to you. We made a mistake.

I did not write this to bash your program. I'm sure that your program can help some people and that you have had some success with it. We just feel this is not the right thing for our son.

We can't understand how you can justify keeping the entire amount of the program when Chris was there less than 4 days and had not technically started the program. We haven't been able to talk much with anyone and haven't had our calls returned when we leave messages. We have tried many times.

If you decide to not refund our money, we will have no other resources to get Chris the help he desperately needs. We need this money.

You are in the business of caring for people. Please understand where we are coming from and consider our request.

Sincerely,

Jeff Z
  7. JohnnyRUClear Member

How can transferring funds away from the most ethical people on the planet and to wogs be the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics? Those suppressive parents are seriously out ethics.
  8. sallysock Member

Win!

You are amazing, Mr. Love, amazing!
  9. xenubarb Member

Monty%20Burns.jpg
  10. Intelligence Member

NO, I am not the amazing one. It is the many, numerous people, both ex-students and ex-staff who continue to send me letters and emails of support. These people are willing to step forward and allow me to use their names. They are willing to provide statements and testify against Narconon - Scientology.

These are the Amazing people :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

January 16 at 10:29am oh my god i wish i could be onthat tv show about how they fucked me up soooooo fucking bad OH MY GOD YOU TELL THEM BABY!! DISH IT OUT!!! tell the world the TRUTH ABOUT THAT EVIL PLACE!!!! so my cell phone broke yesterday, but ill probly be buyin a new one this week and hopefully ill be able to keep my same phone number. if it changes ill let u know ok. miss laughin n havin serious talks with ya to dave. cant wait to hang out with u when u come back here :) xox keep fightin the good fight on the east coast, im holdin down the west for ya!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    May 25 at 10:59pm Hi David, Yes you can use my name, I saw.........."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    May 31 at 5:47pm absolutly call me you got my support xxx-xxx-xxxx....."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    June 3 at 12:29pm thanks dave call me i would like to talk ......."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    May 22 at 11:45am hello no xxxxxxxx left narconon few months ago
    nancy is working there in week end with xxxxxxxx not even 16 years old that one
    xxxxxxx told me when xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx that it s the same gang upstair all the bastards are still there lolll so they can carry on pissing off all the students
    take care bye bye miss you xx ......."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    May 4 at 5:01pm Great to hear David,
    I hope all goes well on the hearings, and of course you can use me as reference anytime. And yeah, the processes in Scientology and Narconon stem directly from cults and secret societies such as the Order of the Golden Dawn and the OTO ... Where L. Ron Hubbard was a disciple/admirer of the well known satanist Aleister Crowley, self proclaimed 'The Great Beast'. The rabbit hole goes quite deep indeed on that..."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    May 1 at 3:39pm Hi Dave - How are you??
    And WHERE are you???

I just finished reading the article you posted on FB - I'm very proud of you... It takes a lot of guts and determination to do what you're doing, especially in the state you're in. I hope all is well, and please give me a call when you come back to MTL. (if you're not already back)

Love & Hugs your way,
    xxxxx xxxxx
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the Amazing people who keep me moving forward. Sometimes when things begin to slow down, I'll receive another bunch of emails, encouraging me to keep on going.

Amazing indeed.

David Love
  11. Intelligence Member

Reflecting Back to Memories of Many Sleepless Nights:

When I faced the Narconon Trois Rivieres Rehabilitaion Compound and glanced at the many offices and course room areas, mental images flashed me back to some terrible, horrifying events that ocurred while I was a Patient and Staff member. Patients being exploited, brain washed, and having their minds controlled in subtle, evil methods; Staff members working in confusion and fear; and when many of the fragmented pieces came together in one picture, it tells a story of mahem and chaos like a science fiction movie of unimagineable events.

The Narconon Program is a sham; It's a $23,000.00 all inclusive, three to five month period of utter nonsense and confusion to the Patients and even to many of the unqualified recent graduates who became staff members.

In my opinion, Narconon, (a Front Group for the church of scientology for money and recruitment into the church), should be closed permanently world wide. For the safety and health and welfare of the suffering, it should not be permitted to operate in the Country of Canada. It is only a matter of time before another Patient dies or barely escapes death, happens again. And the unseen mental damage during and following the program at Narconon has untold consequences to many of these victims.

I stared at the Narconon building longer than I had wanted to; but this was to hide the tears from the other protesters and Media. Yes, I was "Visibly Upset" as noted by Media; a very unexpected reaction indeed. Why would I go back to the place that had caused me so much grief and sleepless nights, I thought? Was this another mistake, I thought to myself? At that moment, it was difficult for me to compose myself to turn around and face the other people who were there.

I think I was so upset because of not only the terrible "event memories", but because I knew there were vulnerable patients inside those rooms, who were suffering unduly. They were helpless and at the beck and call and demands of the scientologists. I knew many of them needed medical and professional therapists to work through and be guided through their individual and complex circumstances and illnesses. But at Narconon, each person is prescibed the same medicine; the same prescription of eight L. Ron Hubbard Scientology Doctrine Books.

Any request to see an outside therapist, phsychologist, or other recognized medical professional is mostly ignored and shunned. Pain medication or other medications prescribed by a personal physicial is withheld in many cases and the patient curls up in a corner or lays on his bed in pain; tears soaking their pillow. Only a private rehab facility would get away with such negligent non-care of patients. No public care facility would be permitted to continue to operate under such cruel and exploitive conditions and behaviour?

I thank God that Social Services and the Government Health Department agencies are finally taking action and mandating "Certification" of ALL rehab facilities in Quebec, which takes effect next July 2011. But what about the rest of Canada? Must we protest in each and every Province across Canada as they move to dodge and avoid these new "Public Safety Laws", or can the Federal Government step in with a Law which prevents their operations in and for ALL of Canada? Surely this can be done? It must be done without delay!

David Love
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    David Love participated in a demonstration outside the Narconon centre

by Mathieu Lamothe
    Le Nouvelliste
    July 12, 2010

(Trois-Rivières) It was a visibly upset David Edgar Love who participated Saturday in a demonstration organized by the Anonymous group in front of the Narconon detoxification centre on Parent Boulevard in Trois-Rivières.

"Very bad memories. I have very bad memories of what happened to me there and of what happened to other people. Some very bad things happen in this building. It must stop," he said with a troubled voice, staring at the building where he says he was a victim of psychological and sexual harassment.

The demonstration was organized by the Anonymous group to support David Love for filing complaints with the Quebec Human Rights Commission (Commission des droits de la personne) and Labour Standards Commission (Commission des normes du travail). Anonymous is a collective of persons who protest the actions of the Church of Scientology, which they characterize as crimes and abuse. According to them, the techniques used at Narconon are based on the principles of this church and are abusive.

David Edgar Love entered Narconon in December 2008 to be treated for a drug problem. After completing his therapy, he was hired by the detoxification center to follow up with patients who had already undergone a therapy. He says this is when he began to doubt that the success rate of the therapies was not greater than 70%, as the organization boasted.

"When someone who has a drug or alcohol problem searches the Internet to find help and comes across the Narconon site, they see a 70% success rate. They have high expectations," he laments.

The members of Anonymous who were present at the protest insisted on paying tribute to Mr. Love's courage.

"It's quite rare that someone stands up publicly against Scientology. He deserves support for what he's doing," said one protestor.

In addition to participating in the demonstration, the purpose of David Edgar Love's visit to Trois-Rivières was to retrieve books that belong to him and that he believed were still inside Narconon's premises. He had even sent a letter to the lawyers representing Narconon asking them to notify their client that he intended to get his books back. The former Narconon employee said he was trying to get a hold of these books about the stages of the detoxification process used by Narconon in order to compare their content with the content of books that explain the principles of Scientology.

"I received a letter from Narconon's lawyers yesterday (Friday) telling me that my books had unfortunately been sent for recycling," he said, before giving a faint smile.

It was not possible to speak with the director of Narconon Trois-Rivières, Marc Bernard, to obtain his comments on the allegations made by his former employee.
  12. Anonymous Member