Customize

Narconon Riverbend in Louisana (New Life Retreat)

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by Anonymous, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Dear Consumer, thank you so much for speaking out here about your experience at Narconon Riverbend. Critics of Narconon and Scientology have little information from Narconon victims who attended this facility, so your complaint is much appreciated.

Not sure if you have visited Reaching For The Tipping Point forum but there's an ongoing survey being hosted there for ex-clients of Narconon. Please consider filling it out. Here's the link:
    http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,6542.0.html

Mary McConnell
  2. wolfbane Member

Anybody else noticing a sudden increase in GoogleAds for "Narconon Missouri" ???
    Narconon-MO.jpg

Kind of odd because when you follow the Ad's URL they are actually promoting the Riverbend Retreat in Louisiana.

This caught my eye because I was under the impression the Narconon Missouri facility was defunct, but in light of all the ads I'm seeing this week - seem like their still trying to tap that market.

From a webpage the GoogleAds link to on a faux Scientology drug rehab recruitment site (www drugabusesolution dot com / narconon / narconon-missouri.html)

Sneaky bastards are sneaky!
    • Like Like x 3
  3. DeathHamster Member

Meanwhile, Narconon Fresh Start (Southern California) is also trying to tap that market (and many other states).
    Code:
    http://www.drugrehabmissouri.com/
    They put their 866-407-4380 number in images on the page so that a search won't give away all the cookie-cutter state sites.

Clever. They actually do list other non-Narconon rehabs, but have their number large at the top of the page "for assistance".
    • Like Like x 2
  4. DeathHamster Member

Narconon Fresh Start (Southern California):
    Code:
    http://www.drugrehablouisiana.com/
    It's always Bowb Your Buddy Week in Scientology!
  5. another123 Member

If you look at their site (on the wayback) you'll see they have a cookie cutter page for all 50 states & DC. [mid right col])
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DeathHamster Member

Heh. And all their state pages lead back to Narconon Riverbend via their number. It's Bowb Your Buddy Week!
  7. another123 Member

Had an M/U. Followed Hubbard's instructions and looked it up in the (urban) dictionary. Bowbity-bowb bowb!
  8. wolfbane Member

So does that by chance mean that since Oklahoma and Georgia facilities are in deep shit, the new Ad campaigns driving web traffic to Louisiana is an indication they are the next biggest facility? From OP:

I'm not up to snuff on my Narconon stats, but 40 students max capacity doesn't seem that big. And I'm trying to decide where the next biggest one is, that hasn't had much media scrutiny of late, for focusing my ongoing harpooning efforts to hit the best target where the most dirt might be lurking.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DeathHamster Member

When I do the same search, I get ads for Canadian Narconon sites. (Hmm. "Addiction Canada" in Ontario with a "60-65% success rate". That's Narconon! I wonder if they've sneaked it open?)

The Google ads generally go by geo-location. Using google.com rather than google.ca made no difference for me. Bummer, we'd need to have someone in Oklahoma and Georgia try it and see what comes up.
  10. wolfbane Member

Still odd though in my case. There is at least one other Narconon location, sans Oklahoma/Georgia where the heat is on, that is a lot closer to me than Louisiana/Missouri.
  11. Anonymous Member

I just "graduated" from Narconon Louisiana a few weeks ago. The place truly is fucked up. I know everybody that currently works there. Ask me anything
    • Like Like x 2
  12. DeathHamster Member

What do you think we need to know?

I mean, it's a Narconon, so by accounts from other people, they're always fucked up.

The sort of thing that would be at the top of my list would be abuse of people there, medically dangerous situations, legally dangerous stuff, stuff that they're hiding of people getting hurt or could be hurt...

Is there anything that law enforcement or health authorities should know about right way to prevent harm?

Other than that, you were there. What do you think is important that we need to know?
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Incredulicide Member

Okay, will you write an affidavit about what went on? Otherwise only putting your words here won't result in much unless someone else who recently left there is inspired by them to write their own actionable document.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Random guy Member

Things we'd like to know if you saw:

- Drug use/drinking among staff
    - Staff exchanging drugs/alcohol for sex with patients
    - Obvious pressure to do scientology
    • Like Like x 3
  15. wolfbane Member

With the recent scandals that hit Narconon Arrowhead in Oklahoma and Narconon Georgia, was there any fallout from those place that carried over to Louisiana?

For example - staff or students from those places being transferred in? Sudden policy or procedure changes? A recent push to get staff bogus certifications? A sudden interest in fixing things long ignored? etc.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. RightOn Member

Please write down everything you saw. Conditions, abuse, any drug use, alcohol on premises, were their doctors and nurses on staff and how often. What you were made to study, everyday life there, staff concerns, etc...
    You can save people from taking mega bombs of niacin and oil which is VERY toxic and dangerous, especially for those who have compromised livers. Taking niacin along with mega hours in the sauna can cause illness, other sever complications and death. There have been several deaths at the Narconon Arrowhead location. One person is in a vegetative state. You can also save families from being bilked out of thousands of dollars for a quack science method that doesn't work.
    Please consider contacting the proper authorities. Not the local police. Ask here if you don't know who to contact . Even if you do it anonymously. Which is the best way to do it. IMO
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Hi- we were on the verge of sending my husband to this awful place and I'm so glad I found all your stories. May I ask in what city you went to St. Jude's? We need a 3/4 house recommendation. Thank you!
  18. My mother in law is in love with the idea of this place- how can I steer her away. Can you give me some specifics? Anything would be helpful!
  19. anon33 Member

Just google "Narconon deaths"
    • Like Like x 2
  20. wolfbane Member

• Like Like x 4
  21. Another thread:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/narconon-intel-dump-evidence-gathering-list.117353/

Also, if you haven't seen the link already, this board focuses on Narconon and victim families:

http://reachingforthetippingpoint.net/

between the falisfied success rates, the unskilled caregivers and the number of deaths attributed to the sauna and vitamin cure, I think there's enough evidence to tell your mother in law that if she loves her kid, he's going elsewhere.
    • Like Like x 3
  22. RightOn Member

Narconon Exposed
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Narconon/
    • Like Like x 3
  23. Anonylemmi Member

I reported it before you did. :p
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Intelligence Member

Is anybody from this Narconon Riverbend in Louisana named in the 80 or so in the new Lawsuit filed by
    The National Association of Forensic Counselors, Inc. et al.?
  25. Anonymous Member

Narconon Riverbend isn't mentioned but this pair of individuals get thorough mention:

66. RICHARD “MATTHEW” HAWK, a citizen of Louisiana;

Upon information and belief, Defendant Richard “Matthew” Hawk currently is a resident and citizen of Denham Springs, State of Louisiana.

72. JAMES “JIM” WOODWORTH, a citizen of Louisiana;

Upon information and belief, Defendant James “Jim” Woodworth currently is a resident and citizen of Harahan, State of Louisiana.
    • Like Like x 2
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

Today we have another press release from the cult:

Narconon New Life Retreat Promotes Drug Education During Alcohol Awareness Month

As part of a new expansion of free services to the community, Narconon New Life Retreat staff have been active in the community distributing drug education materials and presenting lectures to schools throughout Louisiana.

April is Alcohol Awareness Month and drug prevention efforts are in full swing in Louisiana. Narconon staff members have been distributing materials on to local college campuses, providing drug education lectures to schools in New Orleans and Baton Rouge as well as sponsoring a display in the local library all in an effort to raise awareness about the dangers of Alcohol and Drug Abuse.

By partnering with schools and organizations, Narconon hopes to support other groups and organizations in the area with similar missions. While approaches to drug education and treatment vary, one thing everyone can agree on is that the need for accurate information about the effects of drugs and alcohol is critical to prevention addiction before it begins.

The LSU campus in Baton Rouge was the perfect location for our team of educators to speak directly to the students, regarding the dangers of drinking. Many students stopped to take pamphlets on alcohol use and other drugs, some expressing concerns for a roommate or other friend. This one on one grass roots approach helps bring the issues associated with alcohol abuse full circle to address those problems head on.

Continued here:
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/04/prweb12671436.htm
    • Like Like x 2
  27. RightOn Member

"As part of a new expansion of free services to the community"
    Just a taste!
    Desperately trying to salvage their social betterment efforts without being too out exchange.
    fuckers
    • Like Like x 1