Customize

Narconon - RICO CASE - UNITED STATES

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by Intelligence, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Intelligence Member

Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO)
    Sometimes there are extraordinary remedies available in addition to the normal lawsuit to enforce a business obligation. One such possible course of action is civil RICO. RICO stands for Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations. It was enacted as a federal law to combat organized crime, and many states adopted similar laws. In addition to the strict criminal provisions, there are civil provisions. This will address the Georgia RICO laws.

RICO cases are somewhat rare, but clients nonetheless should be cognizant of the RICO laws. Simply put, the RICO statutes sets forth activities that are considered patterns of racketeering activity. These are often called Predicate Acts. A minimum number of these predicate acts must have occurred within a specified period. In Georgia two or more predicate acts within four years is the trigger. The Plaintiff must have been directly injured as a result of at least one of the predicate acts.

The list of predicate acts is long and detailed, but examples in Georgia includes fraud, theft by deception, credit card fraud, certain activities involving automobile titles, certain types of forgery, and many more, often esoteric, offenses. In addition, the predicate acts under the federal RICO laws are recognized, which include wire and mail fraud.

Civil RICO is the Special Forces of litigation: it is a Force Multiplier. If RICO activity is found and proven, the court may award not only actual damages but also interest and punitive damages. The real power of civil RICO is a provision allowing treble damages. In other words, the actual damages, interest and punitive damages are totaled and then multiplied by three. This office once sued a RICO case involving a $1,000,000 investment, and, after trial, a verdict was rendered exceeding $30,000,000. There were multiple counts in the complaint.

Moreover, there are further provisions whereby the court has the authority to enjoin the defendant from further similar activity and to even order that an enterprise be dismantled and assets forfeited.

These laws should not be abused, but where appropriate provide an extremely powerful tool. When faced with a simple suit on breach of contract, a debtor may try to settle for, say, 40%; however, when RICO is in the mix, paying 100% to make RICO go away all of a sudden can look quite attractive.

[IMG]

Plaintiffs Patrick C. Desmond and Mary C. Desmond, individually,
    and Mary C. Desmond, as Administratrix of the Estate of Patrick W. Desmond,
    file this First Amended Complaint.

The Plaintiffs add counts of Civil RICO
    by Fraudulent Statements to a Government Agency,
    Mail Fraud, and Theft by Deception.

Plaintiffs hereby incorporate by reference each
    allegation, count, claim, request for damages, and
    all supporting evidence set out in their Original Complaint.
    PDF FILE OF COMPLETE COURT DOCUMENTS FILED:

http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-03-27-PlaintiffFirstAmendedComplaintToAddAllegationsAndClaims.pdf

Please post and discuss any bits from it that interest or excite you. The PDF has been OCR'ed and you should be able to easily copy and paste from it.
    http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,8408.0.html
    • Like Like x 18
  2. Nice OCR job! Thank you!
  3. incog712 Member

Speechless.
  4. grebe Member

5. Intelligence Member

Hang onto yer' boot-straps Anons, just had another interview with victims on Vancouver Island,
    Ontario and reports from about 20 other Narconon sources from around the Globe. Dedicated
    Anons from three Countries have been working relentlessly to EXPOSE the Narconon Cult Fraud.

I'm pumped "way over the top" - BIG time:):):)

• Like Like x 10
  6. Intelligence Member

Jacky, I'm going to SPANK you,..., LOL. WTF does "OCR" mean? :)

7. Intelligence Member

[IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  8. Anonymous Member

Lol, from your OP... " The PDF has been OCR'ed and you should be able to easily copy and paste from it."

Anyway, I'm going with Operation Cancelled with Refunds.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Herro Member

Facepalm
  10. From your post:
    OCR = Optical Character Recognition. It's a type of digital scanning of text that leaves the text in a machine readable form - i.e., copy and paste it, edit it, etc.

Whenever I obtain a PDF, I first check to find out if it is machine readable. If it is, I know that OCR tech was used to scan the 'original' text material. (I realize that original is a rather impoverished notion, these days.)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 00anon00 Member

Rico. They will go down like Al Capone
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Intelligence Member

The Narconon Cult/Sect is in for a GLOBAL "Shit-Storm"

[IMG]

Must abide my my self-directed, new "Discipline Regime" and lay me' weary mind to rest before 1:00am. Didn't meet my schedule for publishing a new article tonight - - but did interview a couple of new Narconon Victims. It's so very sad what... some of these addicts and loved ones have endured. But between Canada, United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom, there is a "Tidal Wave" of Justice on the horizon and the guilty WILL stand accountable and face the Judicial Systems of each and every aforesaid country. ♥♥♥ - - "Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock"

Good night all:)

• Like Like x 9
  13. Anonymous Member

I would prefer like John Dillinger but, I'll take anything, as long as it's down.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Intelligence Member

Not difficult to prove the COS and Narconon are related entities:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Narconon/organisations.htm

According to the Form 1023 Statement which CSI had to submit to the IRS prior to the agreement, Narconon forms part of CSI's "social betterment program"

When the agreement itself was drafted, CSI accepted responsibility for Narconon's tax status; the IRS and CSI defined it in the closing agreement as one of a number of "Scientology-related entities"
    • Like Like x 6
  15. moarxenu Member

"Your methods, your hypocrisy, and the artlessness of your organization have sounded its death-knell." - Anonymous.
    • Like Like x 6
  16. Random guy Member

This si a thing of beauty!
  17. moarxenu Member

I have read the brief. It is the most pellucid argumentation and writing I have seen in any recent Scientology case.

He writes that the Delgados "attended Sea Org" which I think is weak. Why not just say members of Sea Org?

I love the format of the brief with line numbers between paragraphs. Easier to copypasta.

O hai, Dr. Lisa Robbins! Sux to be you. Hope you look nice in an orange jump suit.

The affidavit of Dr. David E. Smith in San Francisco inflicts major ownage on Lisa.

Props to ethercat and all the ATLanons and Tipping Point for staying on top of this.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. RightOn Member

oh my oh my oh my

Shut 'em all down!
    (and keep and eagle eye out for renaming)
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Intelligence Member

WAS NOTIFIED TO MAKE FOLLOWING CORRECTION:

This is a Georgia state civil RICO case with claims and accusations, not a federal criminal case with charges.

The Plaintiffs added counts of Civil RICO by Fraudulent Statements to a Government Agency, Mail Fraud, and Theft by Deception. This was done after finding documented fraud which was condoned or aided by Narconon International and it's medical director, and others in an organized fashion.
    • Like Like x 5
  20. anon walker Moderator

Optical Character Recognition. It's an app that works with your scanner to make text into editable characters for documents.

Also RICO. Hawt damn!
  21. Anonymous Member

This could change things somewhat, being a state vs Federal RICO claim. We know the Scis would be in deep shit if they had to go up against the might of the Feds- what could we expect them to do in a state case?

Also, how does the state RICO vary from the Federal, and what can we expect the Scis to do differently due to the differing laws in place?
    • Like Like x 1
  22. TinyDancer Member

This amended complaint is very compellingly drafted. It suggests that they have abundant specific evidence. I wish Major and Mrs Desmond well in their endeavours to extract justice for their son.
    • Like Like x 6
  23. Anonymous Member

Totally agree with you. Any lawyer would tell Narconon Georgia that they are fucked and need to settle, which I bet Scientology would promptly do, in order to have this case go away. Which is sort of unfortunate, because I would love to see an actual judgement delivered. Even better - I'd like to see a criminal prosecution against Narconon Georgia [or any Narconon].
    • Like Like x 5
  24. Anonymous Member

Moar - I am not really familiar with the American legal system, but this case appears to be a civil suit, not a criminal case. Or is there a chance that somebody will get charged for fraud as a result?
    • Like Like x 3
  25. Intelligence Member

Nor am I familiar with the USA laws, but I agree that this is a Civil matter, but now with teeth:)

Also, I like the wording of the case facts and will use in what I am doing here in Canada next.

All these Narconon Cases - now in three Countries, must be costing the cult HUGE $$$$$$$$:)

• Like Like x 4
  26. 00anon00 Member

As an other example of cult lies was the testimony of Paulien Lombard. I'll post this here.
    It was brave of Paulien Lombard to tell Jeff Stone that
    "I know, Mr. Stone, you have some friends who are Scientologists," the woman said. "I actually know them personally. They used to be my friends. They have since disconnected from me. They're not allowed to talk to me anymore, okay? This is all part of information control that is going on in the church. Church members are not allowed to do research [on] the history of Scientology online. If they do, there are several repercussions. I strongly suggest you inform yourself about Scientology."
    • Like Like x 2
  27. 00anon00 Member

Not really relevant to a discussion of Narconon, but another example of Scientology shenanigans, which will show in a google search.
  28. Anonymous Member

Paging Tikk for some explanations about the application of RICO to a civil case.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Intelligence Member

Just received a message a few minutes ago that the Judge "may" refer the case to authorities
    for prosecution (Criminal)?

I have been in Com with three different lawyers in the USA (provided dox etc), concerning
    two other cases. One is already filed.
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/narconon-sued-one-million-dollars.100848/

I don't know if I will be contacted about this "Thread Case" or not"? But do have some dox
    that may help - - we'll see.

• Like Like x 7
  30. moarxenu Member

The allegations against Lisa Robbins are so damning that I think that there is probably enough evidence for the Georgia Attorney General to bring charges against her depending on what the plaintiffs lawyers are sitting on.
    • Like Like x 4
  31. Anonymous Member

Praise Xenu!!!!! Win, win, win.
    I mean it'a s bit premature to celebrate, but it's a good start. Operating an inpatient facility with only an outpatient license is a serious crime.
    • Like Like x 6
  32. RightOn Member

SHUT 'EM THE FUCK DOWN

How Narconon has survived this long is incredibly negligent of any town, state, county or what have you who gave them permission to open in the first place.
    They are treating people with quack "science " that has NO studies to back it and giving people high doses of niacin and ingesting oil. And they are also in the saunas for days.
    NOBODY thought hmmm..... is this a good thing for patients? DAMN IDIOTS!
    /rant
    • Like Like x 4
  33. Anonymous Member

It got very little exposure, but I loved how in Kazakhstan Narconon not only was shut down, but employees were prosecuted for practicing medicine without a license. Sometimes the wheels of justice in totalitarian regimes work much faster.

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=31504
    • Like Like x 5
  34. Quentinanon Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  35. Quentinanon Member

This is worse than what David Minkoff did in Clearwater, Florida. She could lose her medical license for many years.
    • Like Like x 2
  36. Anonymous Member

LOL
    A very good friend of mine is from Kazakhstan. I know that it's a rich country [tons of oil] and people live well. BUT - the regime is a wacky dictatorship (non-repressive though).
    So Narconon opened up there, cause there is money to be made. But Kazakhstan being a dictatorship shut them down freakishly fast.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Quentinanon Member

Because the regime is composed of businessmen who recognise a con game and will do something about it.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. JohnnyRUClear Member

So, anything happen yet?
    • Like Like x 1