Customize

Narconon planning facility near Orangeville, Ontario

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by The Wrong Guy, Jul 31, 2013.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

New Narconon in Canada could harm and kill patients | Canada cult | Examiner.com

By David Love

Residents in Hockley Valley, Ontario, are hopping mad today and are determined to stop Narconon from opening. One commented two hours ago,My extended family in Hockley won't back down and sure appreciate all your support.”

Interviews today with several ex-Narconon and ex-Scientology victims warn of grave dangers if Narconon is permitted to open a 24-bed drug rehab center in Hockley Valley, Ontario. A confidential source confirmed that a second offer to purchase the subject property was submitted and the property will require rezoning to operate as a drug rehab.

What concerns many, who have experienced the Narconon drug rehab program, is their sauna detoxification, better known as the ‘Purification Rundown’ in Scientology. According to some medical experts in drug detoxification, the use of high amounts of vitamins and minerals in the amounts administered by Narconon can be potentially dangerous to the patients of Narconon.

Continued at www.examiner.com/article/new-narconon-canada-could-harm-and-kill-patients
    • Like Like x 7
  2. eddieVroom Member

It gives DM another fundraising drum to bang. Makes sense to me.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. DeathHamster Member

I'm not sure who he's fundraising from in Ontario. The money for the Cambridge Idle org sure didn't come from the Kitchener Org-ette publics, and Toronto has enough trouble just trying to renovate anything.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. DeathHamster Member

Front fucking page! (Below the fold and quickly continued on another page, but still!)

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/09/02/narconon_meets_fierce_opposition_in_hockley_valley.html
    If Carr was lying any faster, he would spontaneously combust!
    • Like Like x 9
  5. BigBeard Member

• Like Like x 2
  6. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 9
  7. DeathHamster Member

Oh yeah, and what did they say when they looked at it?
    A gross misrepresentation of what actually happened.
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/...ivieres-is-closed.101820/page-19#post-2129690
    Liar. (His escape hatch is probably "due to the techniques" or quibbling over the number taken away by ambulance.)
    Liar.
    Yeah, so? Does that make it any less dangerous? It's not like Narconon International doesn't have oversight. Carr gets weekly reports.
    None of which are valid certification programs.
    They're not being sued over the vitamins and sauna, so his answer is lying by deflection. No charges have been laid yet, but Narconon does seem to have the "better a Scientologist than dead" sheriff in their pocket on that one.
    An actual nurse on site? That would be a first, wouldn't it? And a doctor "as needed" = Never.
    I hope Carr realizes that a "medical physician" means an actual MD and not a chiropractor or naturopath. If Ontario follows Quebec, they might have problems getting a real doctor.
    "Colored histories", egads!
    He means that they can't be more open to questions--because then they might have to give answers...
    • Like Like x 3
  8. I was going to post something about this here on WWP, but all of you guys beat me to it! :)

Thanks for posting the link to the petition, Hockley Valley. I signed, my fiance signed, and I promoted the petition in my FB and G+ profiles. I also "liked" the FB No Narconon in Hockley Valley page.

BTW, our action against the CCHR in downtown Toronto was a smash success. I have insider information about law enforcement and intelligence that I've got to keep secret.
  9. Anonymous Member

Scientology companies with "Meridian" in their title are relevant to my interests. Moar infos please.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DeathHamster Member

CoS socks in the article comments.
  11. Intelligence Member

***CLARK CARR'S NARCONON in HOCKLEY VALLEY NOW a SHUT OUT*** -- News just in that Narconon will NOT be opening in Hockley Valley ... just waiting to confirm this fact that was posted on Facebook: >>> "As Most of you know Prudential Ronan Realty is handling the sale of a large estate property owned by the Blenkarn family trust. Recently an offer was received from a Toronto Remax Realtor representing a organization called Narcanon. The Blenkarn family with our professional advice chose not to finalize this agreement and has now Sold the Estate Property to a local buyer from the Hockley Valley residential community with no change or request for any change in the existing zoning. Congratulations to the Blenkarn Family on the firm sale of this special estate property. Regards Marc Ronan"
    • Like Like x 9
  12. Intelligence Member

Lisa Murrill Caissie
    Community Announcement:
    It is with great excitement that we share the proposed Narconon site has been purchased by a local Hockley family. With the very generous assistance of neighbour and realtor (Grant Hilborn) the offer was accepted. The property will be rented by some of the Blenkarn family for the next year and the new owner will continue the tree farm operation.

Narconon came back with a counter offer, however, it was important to the Benkarn's that the property to go to a "community friendly" buyer and thankfully they did not accept.

It is important to note that Narconon is not likely to give up pursuing properties in this area. With the Hockley Highlands in close proximity they will likely re-emerge again elsewhere in our community. In the Toronto Star article Clark Carr stated that "this was one of the properties they were considering". It is important to continue our efforts to prevent this from happening. Perhaps we need to focus our efforts on lobbying for a pro-active provincial ban as they have done in Quebec.

I would like to leave you all tonight by saying that Knights in shining armor & Heroes do live outside of fairy tales. They also live in Hockley Valley

On behalf of the community - thank you to the Heroes of Hockley!
    • Like Like x 7
  13. Intelligence Member

Watch for story tomorrow ... FANTASTIC!!! :)

• Like Like x 4
  14. jensting Member

Darned excellent!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. BlooAnon Member

• Like Like x 2
  16. DeathHamster Member

Great! Now we have to look out for their Plan B: Some property where they won't need to ask for a zoning change and where the seller will keep it quiet until after the sale. Alternately, use one of their existing properties like the Hockley Heights Inn/Advanced org, or the place on Kennedy Rd/ABLE/CLO that they neglected to sell.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Anonymous Member

I don't think they will use the Advanced Org. It would make it harder to pretend the two entities were separate and "students" might be reluctant to go stay in a Scientology compound,
  18. BigBeard Member

Yeeeehaaaaaa!!

But don't let down the guard just yet. The $ in Cof$ stands for 'sneaky' as well as money.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 3
  19. DeathHamster Member

Yeah, the Kennedy Rd location would be more likely. It used to be a boarding school, so presumably the zoning is better suited. Also, the stuff that was there, ABLE/CLO, is supposed to be re-located to the AO when they've got it fixed up enough.

Every week that they don't have an operating Narconon in Canada (other than the dinky Alberta place), has got to leave a big hole in the money coming in, as they see it from the top. Clark Carr flubbed it, and they've seen how fast community attitudes can turn against them in the "Canadian wilderness". So it'll probably be something sneaky.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Anonymous Member

Scientology’s Drug Rehab Network Stymied in Canada, Sued by Insurers, Generally Screwed
    Moar at: http://tonyortega.org/2013/09/04/sc...in-canada-sued-by-insurers-generally-screwed/
    Also has some new news on Narconon GA and Narconon MI related to the insurance companies jumping ship.
    • Like Like x 5
  21. Anonymous Member

I assume Carr is Sea Org. I wonder if anyone has been RPFd in the Hockley Highlands yet.

Since Ontario doesn't regulate rehabs, can they just start running it on Kennedy Road?
  22. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  23. Intelligence Member

Indeed, Carr did flub it big time, but also Yvette Shank (Dir OSA Canada) who was commented in
    the Toronto Star article here:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/09/02/narconon_meets_fierce_opposition_in_hockley_valley.html

I did send an email to Carr, Shank, and others ... asking for comment before I publish an article
    refuting Carr and Shank's comments. (do NOT expect a reply - LOL).

These two screwed up HUGE, and I suspect DM is in a rant, sipping his booze? Shank and
    her spokesperson, Andre Ahern (Director of Legal Affairs NN TR), screwed up the NN TR
    application for Certification. Shank was at NN TR a few days prior to it being closed.

I do believe that Carr/Shank are NOT finished trying to expand NN in Canada just yet, so the
    citizens should be aware and watch for ant activity.

Cheers :)

• Like Like x 3
  24. I am glad my goverment or at least the municipality they were in kicked Narconon out, it can happen with perserverence
    • Like Like x 3
  25. DeathHamster Member

It was an interlocking team effort: Information sources, news articles, politicians (I assume CoS tried a schmooze job that failed), the community and finally the owner, who sidestepped Narconon and sold to a local buyer. *yeehah!*

Carr should have realized that it had gone sour when a meeting, where he expected a few people, had over a hundred concerned residents.

I bet David Miscavige thought that the "Canadian Wilderness" would be a push-over. "Run away!"
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Talking about Narconon Zutphen The Netherlands, but I like your canada thing too
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  28. BlooAnon Member

Canadians use the internets. How else are we to stay in contact with each other when it's a full day's travel via dog sled to your neighbour's house?
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Intelligence Member

^^^ LMAO!!! ^^^ :)

2zstqon.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 6
  31. DeathHamster Member

I hear the wifi coverage is terrible in the Hole.
    • Like Like x 5
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

Media Release: Scientology Narconon facing another battle in Ontario

By David Love

News in today about Narconon International, Clark Carr, pushing for a Narconon drug rehab near Scientology's Ideal Org church in Cambridge, Ontario, has citizens concerned. "Scientology are heavily trying to infiltrate their community, going so far as advertising on buses, and going door to door trying to gain community support," said one source earlier today.

Continued at www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=10894
    • Like Like x 3
  33. BigBeard Member

How can you tell a narCONon spokeshole is lying? There mouth is moving.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Intelligence Member

THANKS WRONG GUY for beating me to the post on this ^^^ .. it was early morning
    hours when I finished, and I crashed. Much appreciated for ALL you do :) <3

• Like Like x 2
  35. Intelligence Member

THIS IS SO SAD!!! Adam Holland from Ontario contacted me at 2 AM this morning. His Mom,
    Denise, died suddenly recently. She was a relentless Cult critic in Ontario, and a very Dear Friend.

Now Adam os flying to Vancouver with her ashes. If there is ANY Anon that could meet this young man
    to support him in this time of sorrow, please let him know.

Email: (I have Adam's permission to Post)

We were ALL at the Ideal ORG opening in Cambridge in this Video:

• Like Like x 2
  36. Anonymous Member

bump. Maybe start a new thread for this David?
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

New thread started, hope you don't mind.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Intelligence Member

Scientology leader David Miscavige Narconon Canada battles continue
    http://www.examiner.com/article/scientology-leader-david-miscavige-narconon-canada-battles-continue?cid=db_articles
    September 8, 2013
    Scientology cult leader, David Miscavige, is mentioned often as a ‘micro-manager’ of many legal matters and issues confronting the expansion of Scientology and Narconon. And with news earlier this week that Narconon was shut out of Hockley Valley after citizens launched a fierce campaign to block the sale and prevent the re-zoning application, Miscavige may be fuming.
    (...)

Perhaps David Miscavige may want to re-think his Canada agenda and just accept that his cult is not welcome in the great far north – so far receiving a cold reception indeed.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/scientology-leader-david-miscavige-narconon-canada-battles-continue?cid=db_articles

• Like Like x 3
  39. DeathHamster Member

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...s_bid_to_buy_property_in_hockley_village.html
    Bravo the Blenkarns!
    • Like Like x 4