Customize

Narconon planning facility near Orangeville, Ontario

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by The Wrong Guy, Jul 31, 2013.

1. RightOn Member

public knowledge, correct?
    Can this be forwarded to what ever idiots are considering letting NN open up in their area?
  2. DeathHamster Member

I wonder if they picked a site just over the Mono-Adjala Townline because the township of Mono was already partially clued-in to them?
  3. Intelligence Member

After sending a few email packages to Toronto area Media, a few responded positively.

Received the following email earlier today and phoned for a chat. Apparently, more
    businesses and citizens are very unhappy about the NN proposal from Carr.

There will be more Media coverage ... probably next week. Will talk to reporter(s) again
    on Tuesday morning. Trying to CONFIRM next Date for Town or Council meeting, and
    hope to be there.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Hello all, I'm a resident of Hockley Valley in which this absolutely ludicrous proposal lies. I was present at the town meeting, and have never heard a presentation with so many holes, grey area and attempt of brainwashing garbage in my life. The township are very well aware of the community feelings AGAINST this proposal, and the community continue to share and document their concerns.

Please please please - help us fight this. We do NOT want this poison threatening the safety and security in which our families and children cherish. We are a small, peaceful community and wish to remain this way.

We have initiated an online petition (link below) and FB page titled "No Drug Rehab in Hockley Valley"
    Please sign the petition and join the FB page.

Thank you all for any support you can provide.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/no-drug-rehab-in-hockley
    • Like Like x 15
  5. Intelligence Member

I, and others, will help for sure and I will share/post this on the 18 Facebook sites I Own/Admin.

I sent You a PM message.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DeathHamster Member

Welcome!

Narconon isn't just a drug rehab, it's a drug rehab that doesn't work! The staff are recruited from former patients, who are barely (if at all) out of their addiction and are untrained, without any real certification. The treatment is dangerous. Their claimed success rate is an unsupported lie. There is no real medical supervision. Reports of drugs and sex for drugs inside Narconons are common. There have been deaths at a number of Narconons.

A useful site for more information:
    http://narcononreviews.net/
    • Like Like x 5
  7. eddieVroom Member

I worked for a family business in Southern California during the late 1980s. The family members were all Scientologists, and the two youngest children had both been through Narconon -- twice. They were both still using. One of them told me that Scientology teaches you to "handle your shit" such that one could resume drug use without consequence. This is the "hook" covering the gap between "the bridge" and "the bridge to the bridge"*; Scientology's version of the Ubermensch is held out as a surefire way for the addict to get what he wants. Dig a little deeper, you will find credible reports from Narconon's flagship facility in Oklahoma of staff members both using drugs and trading them for sexual favors from the "students".

*Scientology endeavors to "sell you a bridge" in order to "clear your bank".
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. Intelligence Member

2laahw6.jpg

2i6dpub.jpg

http://www.townshipadjtos.on.ca/Council/Members/index.htm

Tom Walsh - Mayor

Mary Small Brett - Deputy Mayor

Floyd Pinto - Councillor Ward 1

Ambrose J. Keenan - Councillor Ward 2

Doug Little - Councillor Ward 3

Tom Gauley - Councillor Ward 4

Scott W. Anderson - Councillor Ward 5

###

http://www.scdsb.on.ca/About%20Us/Pages/Contact-Us.aspx

Address:
    Simcoe County District School Board
    Education Centre
    1170 Highway 26
    Midhurst, ON L0L 1X0
    Hours of Operation:
    8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday (excluding holidays)

Phone:
    705-728-7570 (Switchboard)
    705-734-6363 (Auto Attendant)

Please note: If you are calling from a 905 number, call 905-729-2265
    (Switchboard) or 905-729-3600 (Auto Attendant).

Fax: 705-728-2265

Webmaster e-mail: webadmin (at) scdsb.on.ca
    • Like Like x 6
  10. Intelligence Member

The re-zoning proposal is one of the "conditions of sale" in the property, and they're proposed closing date is mid-September.

Pamphlets/Flyers information will be handed out this weekend to the Citizens
    and many visitors. The community is highly visited, and can be considered a tourist area all year round. This long weekend will bring in 100's of locals and outside residents.

• Like Like x 4
  11. DeathHamster Member

If the rezoning fails, I'm sure that they have a backup plan. Of course, trying somewhere else after they've set off a stink-bomb in Adjitos would be rough. (Pull a Per Wickstrom, change the name and try to hide the Narconon connection?)
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Intelligence Member

Just got off the phone with a concerned citizen and told Brad Melnychuk, director
    of Narconon Incorporated gave his two cents worth. Brad is quite the piece of work and
    was not received well at the meeting.

This location, apparently, was chosen by Brad. WHY? Just like the Montreal COS members
    working at NN TR, this site would be perfect for the Mono Retreat Scilons to practice their
    scam on patients. Grrrr!

Another Canada Wire Service story should be posted (if approved), shortly?

• Like Like x 3
  13. Intelligence Member

Society | Media Release
    Media Release: Ontario citizens take action against Clark Carr’s Narconon opening

http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=10757

MORE HERE:
    http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=10757

• Like Like x 5
  14. Anonymous Member

^^^^^^^^^ Might be a good idea to let them know that Clark Carr is named as a potential witness in the class action suit against narconon Georgia.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Enturbuleak Member

Narconon staff

Party at Narconon Staff Apartment – One Dead
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Anonymous Member

Proof that Narconon is RELIGIOUS and not Secular
    • Like Like x 1
  17. BigBeard Member

Residents might also want to push their local government into contacting the Quebec authorities for the details on why NN TR was shut down, and not take NN spoke-holes assurances to the contrary.

They might also have some questions ready regarding who, exactly, will be working the tree farm NN says will be kept in operation. Will employment opportunities be available there for anyone, or will "students" be getting used as free labor as part of their so called "therapy"? And what expertise does anyone associated with NN have in operating a tree farm (hint: none)??

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 3
  18. DeathHamster Member

It's a good lead-in to discuss Narconon's problems in Georgia, but being a potential witness in a civil case isn't exactly like being criminally charged as an axe-murderer.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. Intelligence Member

The guy in the photo was NN TR's veteran, top Reg. In it's prime time, NN TR
    was bringing in a few a week. 7 of us in WD at one time ...

Even if he himself only brought in 2 new intakes per week @10% of $23,000 ....

As we all know, NN is big $$$ business .... Reg's earn the Top $$$ and the executives
    are up in the range of $40,000 - $60,000 ... plus bonuses. Many executives are married
    with their spouses as executives too. Lots of EXTRA $$$ to go for COS Auditing!

IMO, I don't think Carr/Melnychuk have a hope in hell of having the re-zoning App passed,
    but I always expect the unexpected with these con artists? For all we know, they could already
    be looking at opening in another area if this one fails.

They have the staff, equipment, phones, saunas .... all readily available from NN TR to set
    up shop fast.

As BigBeard said, the governments, at all levels, need to be contacted, and for sure the
    Ontario College of Physicians. There are 2 Scientology doctors in the Toronto area. I did
    file a formal complaint with the College some time ago, but that was before NN TR was closed.

Cheers! :)

• Like Like x 3
  21. Anonymous Member

From the local reactions we have seen you are likely right they are screwed in Orangeville. This leads my to believe we have one of two scenarios:

The cult has mooched over the major and administration with plans to let this be a purely "administrative decision, perhaps with some money involved, and wasn't really expecting this to come under public scruteny.

or

this is a diversion, and we should have our eyes and ears peeled for any attempts to sneak in under cover some other place in Canada or the US.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. DeathHamster Member

No local politicians seem to have stepped forward in support of this. I guess they didn't line up a patsy, sleezeball or custard-head beforehand.

Obviously they have no understanding that zoning-fights in that area make gang turf-wars look tame. Every NIMBY and group that couldn't get their changes will be out for blood. I can't wait until they get caught making changes to the advanced retreat property without a permit. The Escarpment zoning-fights are the Big Leagues, with all the environmental and developer groups.
    • Like Like x 4
  23. Anonymous Member

Small community, it might be that whomever was set up to support this was shrewd enough to see it would be political suicide and wisely kept mum. It is of little consequence now though, we should keep an eye up for alternative 2.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. DeathHamster Member

Don't count them out on this one yet. I'm sure there's a damage control team already on the scene, trying to salvage something. They're not good on knowing when to fold and walk away.

As for alternative 2, you can bet that if this fails, they'll try again in Ontario, especially in that area. The money for the advanced retreat and the Cambridge Idle org didn't come from local members. I'm betting that David Miscavige has some master plan for Ontario, and he'll be pissed off if his minions don't deliver.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. HellRazor Member

26. blownforgood Member

This facility was originally announced by David Miscavige to become the new AO (Advanced Org) for Canada in 2009. YOu can proxy up and go to the Scilon website where this is clearly documented as a new AO for Canada.

They have been doing renovations there for years to prepare for the designed AO. My sister Stephanie or Steph Lanteigne has been there pretty much full time since she was offloaded from the Int Base.
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Random guy Member

Which one of them, Arrowhead or Orangeville?
  28. DeathHamster Member

This isn't the AO, but a proposed Narconon in the same area.

Interesting that they are working on the AO. It still doesn't make sense, since all it will do is take income away from Flag and yet not pay for itself, but Miscavige isn't big on the whole making sense thing.

CSHO2.png
    • Like Like x 4
  29. Anonymous Member

Yupp. we need to keep an eye out for any movement on this one.
  30. RightOn Member

sorry once again Mark
  31. Anonymous Member

Maybe it's just a backup in case they have to flee somewhere else.
  32. peterstorm Member

Narconon also needs to lose its charity status in Canada.
    • Like Like x 5
  33. DeathHamster Member

Hmm. Two active Narconon Canadian incorporations.

https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/CorporationsCanada/fdrlCrpSrch.html?locale=en_CA
    1. Narconon Ottawa Valley Inc.
      Corporation Number: 443453-6
      Business Number: 834373011RC0001
    2. NARCONON, INCORPORATED
      Corporation Number: 053629-6
      Business Number: 107760142RC0001
    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/haip/...registered&=Search&p=1&b=true&amp

Charity Name: NARCONON INCORPORATED / 107760142RR0001
    Charity Status: Registered
    Effective Date of Status: 1973-01-01
    Sanction: N/A
    Address: 19646 KENNEDY RD
    City: CALEDON Province/Territory/Other: ONTARIO Country: CA
    Postal Code/Zip Code: L7K1Y2
    Charity Type: Benefits to the Community & Other
    Category: Temperance Associations
    Information Return: T3010 Return

Charity Name: NARCONON MONTREAL / 890187792RR0001
    Charity Status: Revoked - Failure To File
    Effective Date of Status: 2007-09-15
    Address: 7535 BOUL PARENT
    City: TROIS-RIVIERES Province/Territory/Other: QUEBEC Country: CA
    Postal Code/Zip Code: G9A5E1

Charity Name: NARCONON TROIS-RIVIERES / 861372548RR0001
    Charity Status: Revoked - Voluntary
    Effective Date of Status: 2013-02-02
    Address: 1581 ST-ALEXIS
    City: TROIS-RIVIERES Province/Territory/Other: QUEBEC Country: CA
    Postal Code/Zip Code: G8W2C9

"Benefits to the Community & Other", bah!

Hey, that Caledon address is the place they possibly sold, isn't it?
    • Like Like x 3
  34. Anonymous Member

That Caledon address is WISE Canada and possibly also Brad Melnychuk's home address.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

I looked at the Narconon Inc's tax return for 2012:

New programs:
    ORGANIZED AND ESTABLISHED A RESIDENCE FOR DRUG REHAB RECOVERY IN EASTERN ONTARIO, SMALL SCALE.

Total expenditures $ 5,209
    a) How much did the charity spend on charitable programs? $ 2,115
    b) How much did the charity spend on management and administration? $ 3,094

Clearly this entity

It's expenditure breakdown is ostensibly this:
    1 Public education, other study programs C10 80%
    2 Crime prevention, public safety, preservation of law & order H10 10%
    3 Addiction services and support groups F6 10%
    • Like Like x 2
  36. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  37. Quentinanon Member

I think "& Other" would apply here.
  38. Quentinanon Member

Clarified as amended.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. BJD

Question - is this on the old site of the Hockley Highlands Inn & Conference Centre?
  40. DeathHamster Member

No. The Kennedy Rd location (which maybe have been sold) and the proposed new Mono-Adjala Townline Narconon location are different.