Customize

Narconon of Oklahoma Inc 2010 IRS 990 Tax Returns

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by patriot75, Aug 11, 2012.

1. YouSeeNothing Member

Amazing how the program services expenses equals their revenue.
  2. Anonymous Member

The amount should be 472,000 not 420,000.

I think that commissions should be included as salaries. A commission is definitely NOT an employee benefit. I checked a few 990's from other organizations and surprisingly the employee benefit as a percentage of salaries is not particularly high. (Also, surpisingly, a lot of them have a lot of cash in non-interest bearing accounts.)

Most often, employee benefits is used for something like health, dental, disability insurance, etc.

If you compute the hourly pay rate among non-officers (based on 190 staff working 2080 hours a year) it comes to less than $8 dollars an hour--not much for qualified drug counselors.

I would be surpised if a Scientology-related entity was paying for health insurance for barely-above-minimum wage employees. One possibility that occurred to me is that it may include employee meals or lodging.

This line should NOT be used for benefits to officers, etc. It would be damaging if it could be proved.
  3. Ωmega Member

4. Anonymous Member

I read it 1 DO (Doctor of Osteopathic medicine) for all of those patients along with the diploma mill CARf. I would never even send my dog to that place after seeing their staffing alone. Put that together with reading about them it make me want to puke up my dinner.
  5. Anonymous Member

Somebody know who that doctor is I would like to research him a little.
  6. YouSeeNothing Member

7. YouSeeNothing Member

$1,234,77 to print copies of TWTH. For a 48-page booklet, that's already been designed, plates made, for that amount of money they must have printed at least 4 million of copies at roughly .25 per copy. According to Marty's site, they sell them to members for $1.67 a piece revenue of $6,680,000 or a profit of ~$5,000,000. In part VII, line 2A they only claim a profit of $46,913.

Does anyone know if they gave away millions of the booklets or do they make members pay for them so they can give them away as Marty claims? See Marty's claim here:
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/07/21/the-way-to-happy-profits/
  8. anonysamvines Member

employee benefits probably includes billing for auditing, sec checks etc
    at the same rates they charge on freeloader bills = more money directly for co$ but not itemised for casual scrutiny

when recruiting for sea org etc free services are part of the employee benefits - and yet as soon as someone leaves - either by blowing or routing out they suddenly aren't - even tho co$ has had the benefit of the sucker's work which should have already covered those costs
  9. anonysamvines Member

for uk prices see here
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/...ntologists-to-leaflet-london-olympics.102968/
    message 13
    1 bundle of 12 brochure £9
    96 bundles £518
    nice little profit huh?
  10. YouSeeNothing Member

11. Anonymous Member

12. DeathHamster Member

According to CoS docs, the booklets cost 14 cents to print offshore in bulk, and 7 cents royalties to CST.
  13. blownforgood Member

Those books are NEVER given away to Scilons. They have to buy them so they can give them away.
    When I was there, the price had gotten down to 10-20 cents per copy depending on where and how you printed it.

Until next time...
    BFG
    • Like Like x 1
  14. YouSeeNothing Member

At .20/per we're looking at over 6000000 books printed, say they sold 5M at $1.67, that's $8.35M in sales with $7M in profit in 2010. Total revenue claimed was $1.69M, wehere's the other $5M+?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Marc, you drop in and out so infrequently.....we MISS you around here so please stop being such a stranger. And please try to drop more cryptic zomg-where's-tommydavistommydavis clues, k?
  16. anonysamvines Member

good question (surely slappy can't have squirrelled it all away offshore and on finest malt)

yeah some good forensic tax auditing predone may get them the capone treatment :cool:
    and build in some leeway on those fiigures cos the numbers i linked to are current - i have no idea what the prices were on the years you are looking at
    but if i come across any more on the threads i will link you

and don't forget all the books other pamphlets etc

all those library donations and no real tracking of how many printed and donated against how many were donated for

bastards they are bastards
    all those suckers with good intent, misguided but good,
    used abused robbed brainwashed and twisted

and then they steal our tax money on top
  17. YouSeeNothing Member

How many do they donate to a library, 1 or 2? Say 2 for argument's sake. There 122,105 libraries in the US--including public and school libraries--that would be 244,210 books. Need to figure out the remaining 5.75M.

Numbers of Libraries in the United States
    Public Libraries (administrative units)
    Academic Libraries
    School Libraries
    Special Libraries** 8,476
    Armed Forces Libraries 284
    Government Libraries 1,113
    Total
    https://www.ala.org/ala/professionalresources/libfactsheets/alalibraryfactsheet01.cfm
  18. BigBeard Member

I'm thinking maybe we need a seperate "IRS 990 Tax Form" Situation Room, with sub-threads for narCONon, TWTH, CCHR, Cof$, "Cross Feeding", etc.

BigBeard
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. BigBeard Member

This is what I've dug out of the IRS Exempt Organization Area (EOA) for narCONon so far. I've cut it down to the basics, and 'comman delimited' the data to make it easier to add to a spreadsheet. I stripped out what's essentially a huge block of numbers that is position delimited, as the same info is available in plain english on the Form 990:

"AREA","EIN","PRIMARY NAME OF ORGANIZATION","STREET ADDRESS","STATE","ZIP+4","SECONDARY NAME/DBA"
    "EOA04","753152868","NARCONON SOUTH TEXAS INC","PO BOX 530597 HARLINGEN","TX","78553-0597",
    "EOA03","431978329","NARCONON RACINE","1621 VILLA ST RACINE","WI","53403-2727",
    "EOA05","237339602","NARCONON NEW YORK INC","US 519 S WESTMORELAND AVE LOS ANGELES","CA","90020-1533",
    "EOA04","204122923","NARCONON LOUISIANA NEW LIFE RETREAT","35059 BEND RD DENHAM SPGS","LA","70706-0655","NARCONON LOUISIANA"
    "EOA05","743193939","NARCONON JOSHUA HILLS","PO BOX 13075 PALM DESERT","CA","92255-3075",
    "EOA01","042606410","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","76 WINN ST STE 2C WOBURN","MA","01801-2868","NARCONON BOSTON"
    "EOA04","421534941","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","5688 PEACHTREE PKWY NORCROSS","GA","30092-2848","NARCONON OF GEORGIA"
    "EOA04","731690918","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","611 S FORT HARRISON AVE CLEARWATER","FL","33756-5301","NARCONON EASTERN UNITED STATES"
    "EOA04","593035096","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","22073 US HIGHWAY 19 N CLEARWATER","FL","33765-2364","NARCONON FLORIDA"
    "EOA04","731589280","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","69 ARROWHEAD LOOP CANADIAN","OK","74425-5012","NARCONON OF OKLAHOMA"
    "EOA05","550828683","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","4652 HOLLYWOOD BLVD LOS ANGELES","CA","90027-5408","NARCONON OF WEST HOLLYWOOD"
    "EOA05","952769582","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","4652 HOLLYWD BLVD LOS ANGELES","CA","90027-5408",
    "EOA05","954536141","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","622 E VILLA ST PASADENA","CA","91101-1120","FRIENDS OF NARCONON"
    "EOA05","330911677","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","225 W BROADWAY STE 420 GLENDALE","CA","91204-1331","NARCONON FRESH START"
    "EOA05","651238009","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","225 W BROADWAY STE 420 GLENDALE","CA","91204-1331","NARCONON WESTERN UNITED STATES"
    "EOA05","954853440","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","13850 GRABER AVE SYLMAR","CA","91342-2622","NARCONON DRUG PREVENTION & EDUCATI"
    "EOA05","770275827","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","262 GAFFEY RD WATSONVILLE","CA","95076-9731","NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA"
    "EOA04","432031325","NARCONON GULF COAST INC","3391 SCENIC HIGHWAY 98 DESTIN","FL","32541-4748",
    "EOA03","364480811","NARCONON GREAT LAKES ILLINOIS NFP","728 W JACKSTON BLVD CHICAGO","IL","60661-5490",

Northeast Area
    EOA01:
    Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey

Mid-Atlantic & Great Lakes Areas
    EOA02:
    Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, West Virginia

EAO03
    Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, Nebraska

Pacific, West, and Gulf Coast
    EAO04
    Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas

EAO05
    Montana, California ,Hawaii ,Oregon ,Idaho ,Washington ,Alaska ,Colorado ,Wyoming ,Utah ,Arizona ,New Mexico ,Nevada

All Other Areas
    EAO06
    All Others

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  20. YouSeeNothing Member

21. BigBeard Member

Even in the IRS on-line search, that EIN doesn't show up. If I get some time I'll check the 'revoked' list. But that Ripoff Report is from 2010, and I believe since then narCONon Freedeom Center became one of Wickstrom's 'for profit' non-narCONon narCONons.

BigBeard
  22. YouSeeNothing Member

Yeah, pretty recent replies too. I'll see if I can dig up the 990 and anything else.
  23. YouSeeNothing Member

24. Anonymous Member

25. pooks Member

The money flows

Local Narconon to Narconon Int.

Narconon Int to ABLE

ABLE to C of S.

I don't believe NN Int gets a flat 10% of the Gross Income.

The weekly income is put through a form called FP # 1 ( Financial Planning) and
    after talking out money for room and board, vitamins, books etc, there is an adjusted
    gross income. I'm pretty sure NN Int gets 10 % of that, but I could be wrong. They may
    have changed it since I was there.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. BigBeard Member

I'm beginning to think looking into the whole MI double-shuffle mess involving the Wickstrom's will be a project in itself. I wonder if these places are covered by the "narCONon International" group listing with the IRS for Federal purposes? Have to look into that.

BigBeard
  27. YouSeeNothing Member

Narconon Stone Hawk Now "A Forever Recovery"

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Stop-Narconon/StoneHawk/

They have a National Provide Code (NPI) http://npidb.org/organizations/resi...ilitation_facility_324500000x/1992957542.aspx

This has been covered before, but no one, including myself, can find a valid EIN number for A Forever Recovery.

Michigan Dox for A Forever Recovery http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/results.asp?ID=02058Q&page_name=corp

Incorporated now, resident agent is Pamela Anderson http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/p/pamela-anderson.html

Strangely, the only 1 of 8 incorporation dox are available, the others are "missing"

2012 Annual Report: http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/image.asp?FILE_TYPE=WEB&FILE_NAME=D201202\2012058\E0954814.tif
    • Like Like x 1
  28. YouSeeNothing Member

I don't think they are grouped in. They are incorporated as a for-profit. Can they be put under the tax-exempt umbrella?
  29. YouSeeNothing Member

Honestly, if they can be tied to Scn through dox, this place seems to be such a mess it would be one of the easier ones to have investigated. Aside from the strange EIN number for the Arrowhead grant the returns seem pretty tight at face-value. Strangeness abounds at this place :)
  30. YouSeeNothing Member

"Former Narconon Stone Hawk President Per Wickstrom once owned the buildings with his wife, Kate, before the buildings were transferred to the TIA Corp. The corporation also currently owns Narconon Stone Hawk East in the former Trillium Hospital in Albion, according to online city records. A Forever Recovery is leasing the building from TIA Corp., Lee said.
    Per Wickstrom is its marketing director and the center is operating under the same state licensing numbers as Narconon Stonehawk's."
    • Funny Funny x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

Everything you do is appreciated NN is one of cos's cash cows:)
    • Like Like x 1
  32. YouSeeNothing Member

33. YouSeeNothing Member

34. YouSeeNothing Member

OK. Found a little more. A Forever Recovery (AFR) seemed to have been operating under an assumed name, Wickstrom Chevrolet, Inc. but was terminated in 2008 when AFR was incorporated. I'm guessing they played the shell game when Stone Hawk went under, he opened it under a new, assumed name under his Chevrolet dealership. Now to find that EIN number for AFR.
    http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/results.asp?ID=25440C&page_name=corp
  35. BigBeard Member

Sneaky! I think I found why so few narCONons show up in the IRS list.

NarCONon International has a "Group Exemption Letter", number 2595. So, rather than file for their own exemption, any narCONon covered by the letter references it when filing their own Form 990.

So now the trick will be tracking down the complete list of entities associated with:

EIN 95-2769582 Narconon International, Inc., Group Exemption Number 2595.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  36. YouSeeNothing Member

Recent ripoff reports on AFR:
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/a forever recovery.aspx
    A report on one of the staff:
    "My wife inquired about "David" whom was our 1st contact with the center. Remember David? We'll he blunted out oh David he Killed himself. Shot himself with a gun. Don't know why. Just did. 4th red flag. I am not judging David, he was personable, young and I liked him, I do not know why he killed himself."
  37. DeathHamster Member

38. BigBeard Member

39. YouSeeNothing Member

Stone Hawk > Freedom Drug Rehab > A Forever Recovery

1. Stone Hawk EIN 26-2990691
    2. Freedom Drug Rehab/Freedom Center EIN 26-2990691
    3. A Forever Rehab no EIN found, just the NPI number 1992957542

Need to find the new EIN, or tie-in to group exemption.
  40. YouSeeNothing Member

• Like Like x 1