Customize

Narconon of Georgia and allegations of insurance fraud

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by failboat, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

Bumping this, it has been Edited with better contact links for poonage.
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

Rats leaving a sinking ship?

Rats_leaving.jpg

logo.png
    Posted: 1:46 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013

Statement from Doug Chalmers, attorney for Dr. Casey Locarnini

Casey_Locarnini.jpg
    Dr. Casey Locarnini

A number of weeks ago, Dr. Locarnini provided notice that he was terminating his contract with Narconon. This past week, he retained our law firm to fully investigate the billing issues that have been brought to his attention by Jodie Fleischer of WSB-TV. For a variety of reasons, including protecting the privacy and confidentiality of his patients, he is not able to comment further at this time
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Anonymous Member

Yeah, I saw the mother quoted in the article but not the patient. Apparently the dox were provided by the family.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

Is this Mary Reiser (Narconon's Director) or Dr. Casey Locarnini (Narconon's MD) ?

rat-1s.jpg

Rats.....they all look alike to me!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

Oh my.....another Narconon MD jumping ship.....

1000026687318.gif

Posted: 1:18 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013

Statement from Dawn Warner, Dr. Lisa Robbins’ practice manager

Lisa_Robbins.jpg
    Lisa Robbins

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have NEVER authorized Narconon or anyone associated with Narconon to bill ANY insurance under Dr. Robbins. We have NOT seen any of Narconon's students in several years.

Since this does not affect the privacy of our patients, I can tell you we never seen a patient named Emily Morton. Please fax the information you have so we can take the necessary action immediately. If they indeed did bill under Dr. Robbins, this is insurance fraud.

I would like to find out how many times they have done this sort of thing. I simply cannot believe that Narconon would have the gall to try something like this again. Thank you for your assistance.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. OK, thanks for the clarification. I realize the value in having these documents but HIPAA protections are taken very seriously by those that have access to those documents.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

I have a background in insurance claims for medical providers. No question they are attempting fraud here. However, a couple of points:

1) The dox posted are the claims filed.

2) No healthcare provider or facility ever receives full reimbursement for the claim. Each insurer has a Fee Schedule (UCR) and pay out based on that. Diagnostic (ICD) & treatment (CPT) codes are used. So the amount listed on the claim is what the facility billed not what they expect to receive.

3) Have we seen the EOB (Explanation of Benefits) from United Health Care? That's how much UHC paid out. I have only seen the claim form (see #1 above). The insured and/or patient should have received a copy of the EOB - their insurer mails to them and is available online.

4) Filing a claim on behalf of a patient if the provider is out of network with the insurer is not unusual. Most patients can't navigate the system and appreciate the doctor filing the out of network claim for them. I'm not familiar with the facility claim forms & whether facilities can do that, so not sure exactly how they are making the claim.

5) Filing a claim on behalf of a doctor at a separate facility who is not an employee of the facility is highly suspect especially since one doctor claims no current affiliation and the other speaks of a "contract". Usually the provider files their own claims in this case. Unless they are on some kind of capitation/retainer agreement (which it does not sound like they are).

6) Reading between the lines of the responses from the doctors I would suspect they have had payment issues or some kind of problems with Narconon and would be MOST LIKELY to NOT allow them to handle the claims.

7) The medical providers will distance themselves real fast from this! In filing claims with insurers the providers are basically swearing they provided the services. Unless their records and notes can verify they are in big trouble. So unless the doctors are fully dependent on Narconon patients, they will be throwing NN GA under the bus.

8) Contacting the insurance companies WILL HELP!!!! They don't like to pay out on claims (even legit ones) so they WILL be happy to investigate potential fraud.

The FBI may be afraid of Co$ but they if fuck with the Health Ins. companies, they will go down! :D

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Anonymous Member

9. Anonymous Member

"again"? Hmmmmm......

[IMG]
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. another123 Member

AJC: State investigating possible insurance fraud by Narconon
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Anonymous Member

HIPAA only applies to covered entities (care providers, vendors who provide services to care providers, etc.) If Ms. Morton gives these out to a random person that person does not have to follow HIPAA rules regarding what else they do with the data.

If a covered entity gave this out without proper authorization from Ms. Morton then they have committed a breach.
  12. RightOn Member

Seems like Blue Cross/Blue Shield should be contacted too
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. patriot75 Member

read moar http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/state-investigating-possible-insurance-fraud-by-na/nWCjL/
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  14. anoninoob Member

Me thinks they might take that over RPF
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. RightOn Member

"The state Department of Community Health has been looking into Narconon for a decade regarding complaints that the clinic – licensed only for outpatient care — was illegally operating a residential facility. In December, the DCH announced the facility’s license revocation based partly on findings by the AJC. Narconon of Georgia has appealed."

wow, over 10 years and they did NOTHING?
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

Tony Ortega wrote this on Facebook today:

Scientology's drug rehab facility in Atlanta, Narconon Georgia, is now facing a new state criminal probe just days before a civil wrongful death trial is about to begin.

NARCONON GEORGIA NOW FACING A CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION

No word yet on which individual may face criminal charges, if any, but with only days before a wrongful death and civil racketeering trial begins on February 11, Scientology’s problems seem to be metastasizing.

More, and open comments, at
    http://tonyortega.org/2013/02/01/blogging-dianetics-part-5-your-mind-is-a-1950s-computer/
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. grebe Member

Quoted for awesome.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. failboat Member

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. failboat Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. RightOn Member

ok, can anyone come up with a good draft to write to an insurance company?
    I guess it doesn't have to get into too much since this Georgia story was handed to us on a silver platter.
    Just mention the fact that they are being investigated by the state of Georgia( is that the right term to use?) for fraud and ask them if they have been billed by any NN centers for any services and to look into it?
    my grammar skills suck
  21. failboat Member

slowpoke.jpg
    I already wrote something earlier, it's on the first page:

Post #34 on the 1st page
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. RightOn Member

oh sorry, I missed that post thanks
  23. anon walker Moderator

Oh come on! You can fake it, they look like anybody else. Squint and sniffle a lot. Act like you itch. They'll buy it. It's not like they're experts in the field of drug rehab...
    • Funny Funny x 7
  24. anon walker Moderator

LOL like those asbestos lawyers...I wrote one once and said, If you have clients who can't explain any exposure to asbestos, ask them two questions:
    1. Are you a Scientologist?
    2. Ever been on the Freewinds?

Never heard back, lol.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  25. That's why I asked who initially released these claims. The patient can release them to whomever they want to, but if they were obtained illegally by someone from within a covered entity, then it is a problem.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Intelligence Member

IMO, I think this "team" of Insurance investigators no doubt have their work cut out for them
    but nevertheless, will prevail with charges and convictions; especially with "dumb as a stick Reiser" invloved.

Obviously, her "resigning", was a "FIRING" from uplines and OSA and she's most likely heading
    for some bus tire-tread marks soon?

Once the investigators can prove "WHO" pushed the "SEND" button on the fraudulent Insurance
    submissions, it's all over. AND if someone gives States evidence that can PROVE Mary and others
    knew and were part of it, a "Conspiracy" charge may appear.

Investigators LOVE to dig, dig, and dig some more - they're very good at it.

I hope they can drag the COS into their investigation as we are trying to do here in Canada. Here
    is captured image EXCERPT from a recent report I received: (eventually, I'll post all the Sauce) :)

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 8
  27. Intelligence Member

This ^^^ was an interesting foot-bullet once again, because the "Media attack" was on NN TR,
    not the "Church", but Mr. "Redacted" inferred NN was "the Church".

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. One BIG LIKE for all the above posts
    • Agree Agree x 6
  29. BigBeard Member

If DM comes to Canada for the 'Idle Morgue' grand opening on the 9th, hopefully there'll be some 'Subponea to Appear', or whatever Canada calls them, waiting on him.

BigBeard
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  30. Anonymous Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  31. patriot75 Member

Those reports came from WSB.
    Sorry about not replying to you earlier...:)
  32. Anonymous Member

I may have missed this, but the insurance claims have UBH (United Behavioral Health) as the payor not UHC (United Health Care). Is there something else indicating UHC was the insurance company?
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  33. RightOn Member

A dedication to all Narconons

• Winner Winner x 1
  34. HellRazor Member

35. Intelligence Member

Ya', strange, eh', but I still think that if 2 or more were doing this - - one giving commands to
    another underling, then a Conspiracy charge is quite possible. AND this is such a Media Hot
    and insideous type of FRAUD, the Investigators might Go-For-It? :)

• Like Like x 1
  36. snippy Member

Does this mean NN GA is operating today without a Medical Director or a license even?
  37. Xenu Is Lord Member

Someone submitted 160,000.00 in claims and they had to attach their name to the submission forms. I would not want to be that person.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  38. Intelligence Member

They had their Licence revoked by the State, but are appealing the decision which will
    take a few months. (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this?)

They would most probably have another Director or ESTO Officer sent in from NN Int/OSA - -
    that's what they did when they pulled the Director at NN TR.

DM/OSA must be LIVID to the point of buying truck-loads of Scotch and Vistiril/Valium.

Seriously, all of the Cases in Georgia and Oklahoma are an enormous HUGE deal for them
    right now; especially with it being VERY unlikely of an out of court settlement.

• Like Like x 2
  39. Intelligence Member

I agree - someone, or more than one, are GOING DOWN HARD on this one!

• Like Like x 1
  40. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 2