Customize

Narconon loses in Trout Run, Maryland

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by The Wrong Guy, Apr 3, 2015.

1. BigBeard Member

Those statements, made under oath in U.S. courts of law, completely contradict what narCONon's referal web pages and call centers tell people. That should be enough for the FTC to shut them down for false and deceptive advertising ASAP.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Intelligence Member

YES to THIS^^^!!! In fact, this is what I have insisted to the FBI in the 2 open Cases I filed with
    them, and I agree 100% that the FTC has teeth here is bite in. They just need to read, open mouth,
    and bite down HARD.:D:p
    • Like Like x 3
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

Battle against Narconon needs to go to the Legislature | The Frederick News-Post | Editorials

Quote:

Editor's Note
    Take an early look at Sunday's editorial in this exclusive first look for our online members!

The County Council voted down Narconon’s application for a treatment center at Trout Run last week, effectively ending the Scientology-affiliated program’s bid to start a live-in rehab program in Frederick County.

Opponents are right to celebrate their victory, but their work may have only just begun. A denial by the county is only the first step. Narconon is now exploring all options available for how it could open on the site, said Yvonne Rodgers, Narconon’s East U.S. executive director. It’s speculation, of course, but we wonder if a lawsuit isn’t far behind.

Trout Run aside, enough serious questions hover around the Scientology-affiliated Narconon’s quality of treatment that we believe the program has no place in Frederick County. While members of the church of Scientology make claims for the program’s effectiveness, they may be the only ones.

If opponents truly want to stop the program’s encroachment into Frederick County, they need to broaden their scope and start to petition members of the Maryland General Assembly. The state has serious problems with opioid and heroin addiction. Only the most effective, science-based treatments should be acceptable.

Google “Narconon.” The results are nearly all critical, except for the program itself and one from Scientology.org. You don’t have to dive too deep to discover the treatments delivered by Narconon centers sound suspiciously ineffective and none of which inspire much confidence that addicts who undergo the regime can expect much of any lasting change. Participants, whom Narconon refers to as “students,” undergo doses of vitamins, such as niacin, saunas, aerobic exercise and life-skills training, all for an exorbitant fee.

A 2005 California Department of Education report described some of Narconon’s claims as “theoretical information [that] does not reflect current evidence that is widely accepted and recognized as medically and scientifically accurate.” That report, while a decade old, accurately reflects prevailing views of the program.

Clinical neuropsychologist Jim Lamott, who is based in Frederick and is familiar with Narconon, summed up the program as “abuse masquerading as rehabilitation” at a meeting last week.

We could go on, but we’ll leave our readers to do their own research — numerous sources are available online, including lawsuits brought about by deaths of program participants. Let’s just say saunas, vitamins and wishful thinking sound about as effective as “praying away the gay.”

Local objections to Narconon came about after Social Betterment Properties International, Scientology’s real estate arm and the owners of Trout Run, petitioned county government to denote the 40-acre Trout Run a historic property. The designation would have allowed the organization to convert the property into a residential drug rehabilitation facility for up to 12 live-in clients and 16 staff, half of whom would live on-site. Objectors crowded public hearings on the historical designation, petitioning the County Council to overturn the application and block Narconon’s plans. All but Councilman Billy Shreve voted to do so Tuesday night.

While we can appreciate their fervor and support their efforts to stop Narconon, seeking to block the historic designation is only a temporary fix. Had the council, free of all the divisive furor surrounding Scientology and Narconon, held a vote on Trout Run’s historic nature, we’re betting this would have been quickly approved.

We made that argument in an earlier editorial and won’t revisit it here, other than to add that it’s a dangerous precedent when county government seeks to choose winners and losers. Will the decisions about Trout Run come back to haunt historic preservation efforts in other areas? We hope not.

Lobbying efforts against Narconon should now be elevated to the Legislature, which governs and sets the standards for substance abuse treatment and licensure. Several deaths at Narconon’s Arrowhead center in Oklahoma led to changes in that state’s regulations, according to the Tulsa World.

Maryland shouldn’t wait for deaths here before taking action.

Source, and open comments:
    http://www.fredericknewspost.com/op...cle_3c4b1d05-5e9f-502a-87ba-fcf3ef9114dd.html
    • Like Like x 9
  4. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 9
  5. That it is Narconon's position (by their own sworn declaration) that they are a faith healing is something that should say in the lede of the Wiki article. In order to do that, it need to be sourced to a reliable secondary source, a newsreport or similar publication is necessary.
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology’s David Miscavige, insulted by ‘No Narconon in Frederick’ vote | Wire Service Media

By David Love

Following the Frederick, Maryland council vote 6 to 1 turning down a Scientology entities attempt to 'back-door' a Narconon opening at Trout Run, opinions and comments are spanning the spectrum about what David Miscavige's next orders will be. Former senior executive of the Church of Scientology International, Mike Rinder, says on Tony Ortega's blog that, "Miscavige will treat it [being voted down as an insult], and he doesn't take kindly to being insulted."

"Tony, it's all a PR move by David Miscavige," Rinder told us. "When the flaps really started happening with Narconon in Oklahoma, Miscavige went out and said, we're going to out-create this, and he purchased these properties for the equivalent of Ideal Orgs for Narconon. Really they're for show. And so he can tell Tom Cruise and Kirstie Alley and whoever else is left that we have the perfect place for you to bring your friends who have drug problems."

Continued here:
    http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=16052
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 4
  8. Not sure why people are making a big deal about the number of clients at Trout Run
    Ojai CA Narconon is only for 6 clients and it is a residential care facility and they paid 5 Mil.

https://www.ventura.org/rma/build_safe/pdf/permits_issued_14/11-28-14.pdf

03500804 9950 SULPHUR MOUNTAIN RD, OJAI, CA 93023 C14-000743 Residential $26,371.20 Conversion of Single-Family Residence to a Residential Care Facility for six (6) or less ambulatory Clients, Interior Remodel to change gymnasium to two (2) saunas, Modifications to Electrical, Certificate of Occupancy
  9. DeathHamster Member

Who said it was only for six clients? Are they on the list yet, showing exactly what they're certified for?

http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/Documents/Status_Report_February_2015_ada.pdf
  10. BigBeard Member

Going to the Mayland legislature sounds fine in theory, but what's really needed is Federal regulation of substance abuse rehabs. There are too many loopholes in the state level regulations, if there are any regulations to begin with.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 3
  11. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 4
  12. jensting Member

This is very important. The criminal organisation known as the "church" of $cientology goes to great lengths to describe the "Sea Org" as not existing (see Jeff Augustine's article on the Underground Bunker yesterday). They have a lot to hide, but they can't be successful in every court all the time.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Random guy Member

Nice and useful summary, Dave!
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Intelligence Member

You got that right, BigBeard. The same as they have in Oklahoma even AFTER the Senator
    pushe through new Regs. Too many loopholes. Quebec, on the other hand, had only one loophole
    that I pointed out to the Ministry in a meeting with them, but they didn't need to close it because
    their legislation was so tight, the one loophole would have only given the cult a temporary "Stay"
    *IF* the cult foud it, which they didn't. It was an easy one to close.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Intelligence Member

Yesterday's story by Tony on the Bunker was a very interesting read indeed.

I think it was attorney, Ryan Hamilton who has the gazillion lawsuits filed agaist NN that said
    a few have been settled out of court, same as the Georgia one, I believe, and the reason being that
    this cult is scared to death of a NN Case proceeding to a full-blown trial. AND the same as the 3
    cases in Quebec with the Human Rights Commision. NN TR and Scientology would have been
    crucified upside down if these cases proceeded into a Montreal Courtroom, and this matter is
    not over yet by a long ways until I and the courts are finished with them.

http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=11907
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Intelligence Member

Narconon Alberta was only a 4-5 bed NN and they are gone. They could turn a profit because
    it was in a house in a residential area and only a couple of staff ..... $35,000.00 a pop, and she
    pushed the victims out faster than many NN's do ... in 2.5 - 3.5 months. The ED of NN Alberta
    did the program at NN TR and is/was a Scientologist, as well as her son.

I visited the NN Alberta NN and took photos and video and informed neighbours they had a cult rehab
    next door to them. They had no idea ... until then.
    • Like Like x 8
  17. Disambiguation Global Moderator

There should be a cult offender registry.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 7
  19. loriisfree Member

LOVE IT!! NarcaCON :) For once a news Reporter got it exactly right ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Intelligence Member

http://narcononcanada.com/2015/06/06/david-miscaviges-worst-nightmare-narconon-fleet-is-sinking/

Published June 6, 2015 - by David Love

David Miscavige’s worst nightmare, Narconon fleet is sinking

Posted on June 6, 2015by intelligenceplus
    “We the People” versus “We the Government”
    Scientologists Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and Kirstie Alley won’t be touring a new “Ideal Narconon” anytime soon if citizens of Frederick, Maryland, Ontario, Canada, and Australians have their way. The “NarcaCON” – as one reporter pronounced the Narconon name, is rather fitting when one considers all the lawsuits and human rights abuses and violations. Unfortunately, in some matters concerning the expansion of Scientology and Narconon, many concerned citizens have gotten used to being dictated to by government agents, bureaucrats and alike that we’ve forgotten that WE are supposed to be the ones calling the shots and determining what is just, reasonable and necessary.

Unfortunately, in some matters concerning the expansion of Scientology and Narconon, many concerned citizens have gotten used to being dictated to by government agents, bureaucrats and alike that we’ve forgotten that WE are supposed to be the ones calling the shots and determining what is just, reasonable and necessary. Sometimes we’re guilty of forgetting that the government was established to serve us as well as obey us.

However, this was not the case with a group of citizens in Frederick, Maryland, who insisted that their city Council Members and government agencies listen to them as “We the People” do NOT want the Scientology Cult of Narconon in our back yard. They formed a Facebook group page, “No Narconon at Trout Run” with 345 members and growing.
    When citizens take a stand, based on research, county regulations, drug rehab health policies, and basic principles of protecting the public from harm, mountains can be moved as seen recently in Frederick and elsewhere.

Democracy demands that the majority rules and governs when important decisions must be made for the safety of the general public across the United States, and for smaller communities directly affected by proposed changes that could, if implemented, produce unhealthy risk factors that are unacceptable and dangerous.

MUCH MORE HERE WITH PHOTOS:

http://narcononcanada.com/2015/06/06/david-miscaviges-worst-nightmare-narconon-fleet-is-sinking/
    • Like Like x 8
  21. Intelligence Member

Should have this book chapter wrapped up by tomorrow ... a few more details I didn't know until today.

Why OSA was so hell-bent on finding out where I/We were staying in Frederick is beyond me. But I
    suppose when you have a sociopath, psychotic DM micro-managing his 'Pet-NarcaCON' - they throw
    money around wherever and whenever they want.

Ya' had to be there to see and know how crazy this chase was up and down and around country roads -
    sometimes stopping and doing a 180 degree turn, heading back towards the PIs - LOL.:rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 6
  22. DeathHamster Member

Aww, they never play with me. My Fiesta is meek town car until I ignore the gear nag-light and take it higher up the power-band. Then it turns into a Euro-style rally car. 500km+ range on a full tank, so I could outlast them if nothing else.

Using the scooter would be cheating.
    • Like Like x 5
  23. Intelligence Member

Funny now - LOL - but not funny then. I was on my cell browser, not paying much attention, just
    wondering WTF was going on?

wkgr9y.jpg

4q0hzp.jpg

rvzgbd.jpg

vi1v7q.jpg

STEVE McQUEEN - Bullet:>:cool:

105ds9u.jpg

Sorting photos for book inserts over next few days. Book can NOT be published in the USA so must be in the UK by Xlibris or one in Vancouvwer, B.C. -- Even though I'm in the USA right now, must abide by Per US Consulate and Professions Covered by NAFTA. - covered under (Technical Publications Writer) so as not to have earnings from a USA company ... that creates a can of worms related to working. Doing it this way is legit, legal, without creating any problems with the IRS or Customs etc.
    • Like Like x 5
  24. BigBeard Member

The whole point of the obvious PI is intimidation, or at least it's supposed to be. These days having one of the bozos following you around is more of a status symbol. It means whatever you're doing is having an effect Der Dwarfen Fürher doesn't like.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 4
  25. loriisfree Member

It is comical when I reflect on it. They were sooooo obvious! Kudos to our lead car recognizing them and for knowing the layout of roads well enough to come back around and photograph their license plate! :)
    • Like Like x 2
  26. JohnnyRUClear Member

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Like Like x 1
  27. The Wrong Guy Member

Here's something I missed when it was uploaded more than two weeks ago.

Historic Trout Run? Historic Clam Ruin

Published by Panopea Abrupta on June 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
  28. Intelligence Member

YUP, ^^^ THIS ^^^ is why I love coming here on WWP from time to time.

34j6ekx.jpg

Now back to MORE book edits and try to have book on market before August 2015 deadline.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  29. sallysock Member

And why do I have little doubt you will make that deadline?
    That said, looking forward to it. Much.
    • Like Like x 3
  30. Intelligence Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence ... I'm quite sure it will be published by or before August 2015. I think mid-month or before.

DM has put me back a couple days while I edit the Dictator into a chapter or two after the Frederick ordeal.

I hope he appreciates the time I'm taking to help 'push his Name into history' ... exposing him as the criminal, human rights abuser he really is. DM = 'Demented Manic' with sociopath episodes of psychotic behaviour .... some have alleged, and I agree.
    • Like Like x 6
  31. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 4
  32. DeathHamster Member

By the way, they used the wrong address for Social Betterment Properties International.

They filed with the 1710 Ivar address. That's the side-door address for 6331 Hollywood Blvd aka the Hollywood Guaranty Building. They use that for Religious Technology Center when they want to pretend that it's a different address from Church of Scientology International.

They forgot that Social Betterment Properties International's official address is 6331 Hollywood Blvd.
    • Like Like x 5
  33. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 6
  34. RightOn Member

^ lol!!!
    No means no people!
    When someone says no, they mean no, not yes.
    Geez! They operate like rapists.
    I guess they ARE rapists…. mind rapists.
    And for those like Jeff Quiros (oh however you spell his name) and James Barbour they are more than just mind rapists. Right boys?

Nothing like trying to force your way into an area.
    Hey COS, take your quack science, death inducing program and GTFO and don't let the sauna door hit you in the ass on the way out.
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Intelligence Member

2gwx0ub.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  36. Washington Post: Scientology-backed drug rehab program fights Frederick decision on property near Camp David

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...ff102a-2408-11e5-b72c-2b7d516e1e0e_story.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Lawyers for a Scientology-affiliated drug rehab facility are appealing a Frederick County Council vote last month that blocked a new facility from opening at an old fishing retreat.

Narconon, which relies on saunas and the writings of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard to treat drug addicts, had sought a historical designation for Trout Run, a 40-acre camp of stone lodges, so it could use the property for a rehab facility.

The council voted no, 6 to 1.

A request for judicial review was filed in Frederick County Circuit court late last week, though the short filing did not specify reasons for the appeal. Bruce Dean, an attorney for the project, said it was premature to describe the grounds for the appeal.

Bud Otis, the council president, declined to comment.

John Mathias, the county attorney, said the council was “well within” its authority to deny the historical designation. The county will fight the appeal, he said.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 6
  37. The Frederick News-Post: Frederick County Council's decision on Trout Run questioned in court

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/ne...cle_3674d3e2-992a-533a-861f-74600cb64b93.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

By Jen Fifield jfifield@newspost.com | 0 comments

Posted on July 6, 2015

The Frederick County Council's decision not to add Trout Run to the Frederick County Register of Historic Places is now being questioned in court.

The council voted 6-1 on June 2 against adding the property to the historic register after listening to hours of comment in two public hearings and reading dozens of emails on the topic.

The property owner is now asking the court to review that decision. Social Betterment Properties International, a company acting as a real estate arm of the Church of Scientology, filed a petition for judicial review in Frederick County Circuit Court on Wednesday.

Narconon, a substance abuse rehabilitation center associated with the Church of Scientology, wants to open at Trout Run. The county's zoning laws don't allow for this use, but Narconon would have been given an exception for a group home if the property was placed on the historic register.

The majority of the council members said when voting last month that they were not convinced that the property, a 40-acre camp in the Catoctin Mountains, met the criteria for a historic property.

Narconon believes the property met the requirements needed to be placed on the register, said Bruce Dean, an attorney representing the property owner.
    "There is no evidence that it did not," Dean said.

It was well within the discretion of the council to decide not to place the property on the register, said county attorney John Mathias. Under county law, the property owner has the burden of convincing the council that the property should be on the register, he said.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 5
  38. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology-backed drug rehab program fights Frederick decision on property near Camp David

By Michael S. Rosenwald, The Washington Post, July 6, 2015

A request for judicial review was filed in Frederick County Circuit court late last week, though the short filing did not specify reasons for the appeal. Bruce Dean, an attorney for the project, said it was premature to describe the grounds for the appeal.

Bud Otis, the council president, declined to comment.

John Mathias, the county attorney, said the council was “well within” its authority to deny the historical designation. The county will fight the appeal, he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...ff102a-2408-11e5-b72c-2b7d516e1e0e_story.html
    • Like Like x 5
  39. The Wrong Guy Member

The Associated Press is covering this, with a report that's shown up in several places, including these:

Scientologists Appealing Rejection Of Drug Rehab Center Plan | CBS Baltimore

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...ppealing-rejection-of-drug-rehab-center-plan/

Scientology Lawyers Appealing Frederick County Council Vote | WFMD

http://www.wfmd.com/articles/wfmd-l...s-appealing-frederick-county-council-13740348

"A request for judicial review was filed in Frederick County Circuit court on Wednesday, though the short filing did not specify reasons for the appeal."
    • Like Like x 4
  40. JohnnyRUClear Member

Scientology: only the lawyers are appealing.
    • Like Like x 3