Customize

Narconon Arrowhead Under Fire

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by Intelligence, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Radio Paul

The Inspector General’s Office of the Department of Mental Health (Oklahoma) wants to hear from victims of Narconon Arrowhead.

They want firsthand accounts, in fact they need them. They will investigate any concerns you have and want to talk to you ASAP!

Local (405) 522-4058. Toll Free Number (877) 426-4058.

Please pass this along to other victims.

- Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:50 PM EDT
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Anonymous Member

A Scientologist's plea on Facebook regarding Narconon:

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Anonymous Member

Just a run of the mill Scientologist. Sorry, I don't feel it is appropriate to post their name.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tigeratbay Member

"Four people died in three and half years at Narconon Arrowhead"
    This was in the email Marty posted for scio's to call NBC.
    Little different than the truth of 3 people died in last 9 months.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. Anonymous Member

Marty has a very difficult time getting anything straight. His whole life has been about cultivating a liar's personality. I just finished reading his so-called 'book.' It barely qualifies as a high-school essay.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Green Anroid dude I wanna talk privately where do we get in here? Did not even onion
  7. Sorry can't type with this new split key, still wanna talk. Maybe worth your while
  8. Anonymous Member

PM (private messaging) is only available to registered members, not guests and you're a guest.

If you register with WWP, you'll get full access to PMs.

And don't post e-mail addresses into any of your public posts here.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

Lawmaker: Legislation will address rehab deaths - FOX23 News

The Associated Press

An Oklahoma lawmaker says he'll propose legislation to regulate drug treatment practices following the deaths of three people at a drug rehabilitation center in Canadian.

Democratic state Sen. Tom Ivester said Friday that he believes the state should enact strict regulations on the type of treatments offered by Narconon Arrowhead.

Three patients of the center have died since October — the most recent in July. Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns has said his office is investigating the deaths.

Center director Gary Smith said in an earlier statement that Narconon Arrowhead is fully cooperating with investigators "and will comply with any recommendations that may be made by these agencies."

Ivester offered no specifics of his proposal — but said he believes the state can impose "strict regulations" on drug treatment programs.

Source: www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Lawmaker-Legislation-will-address-rehab-deaths/fXG6KmuJ60KJjyYT6XI7XA.cspx
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

New item in Narconon death investigation - "Pillow with substance on it" » Breaking News » McAlester News-Capital, McAlester, OK

By Jeanne LeFlore

An attorney for the families of two people found dead at Narconon Arrowhead says he’s found items listed on an autopsy report that should be part of the investigation including a ‘pillow with a substance on it.’ “It would be my thought that the investigators would be chasing down these items,” said Tulsa Attorney Gary Richardson.

Richardson, a former United States Attorney and a former Tulsa District Attorney, said he’s representing the families of Stacy Dawn Murphy and Gabriel Graves.

Narconon Arrowhead is a nonprofit drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in Canadian with affiliated with the Church of Scientology that has been under investigation since the July 19th death of Murphy, 20, of Owasso.

Since her death, the investigation has expanded to include three other deaths; Hillary Holten, 21 of Carr who was found dead at Narconon Arrowhead in April, and Graves, 32, who died at the facility in October along with the 2009 death of Kaysie Dianne Werninck, 28, according to Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns.

Richardson said while looking into the Narconon death cases he’s found disturbing information including some possible evidence listed on the state medical examiner’s report.

He said the two items listed on the ME report were handed to Grave’s mother by the funeral home director. “She still has them in storage,” Richardson said.

“This needs to be part of the investigation.”

Friday afternoon Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns, said he was sending his investigator to collect the pillow and another item.

“We are working closely with DA’s office and they asked us today to get the items.” He said the items weren’t collected at the time because they weren’t pertinent to the investigation.

Richardson said he’s also interviewed several former students of Narconon Arrowhead.

“I’m finding the stories they tell to be extremely disturbing and very similar,” Richardson said.

Also on Friday, District 18 District Attorney Richard Hull said Friday that before deciding on criminal charges, the DA’s office is waiting on a final report from the Pittsburg County Sheriffs Department, the toxicological and autopsy reports and reports from other state agencies also looking into the case.

“It could still be several weeks before we get all of the results of the investigation,” he said.

Richardson said he will be filing the wrongful death lawsuits within the next few weeks in Pittsburg County Court.

Contact Jeanne LeFlore at jleflore@mcalesternews.com

Source: http://mcalesternews.com/breakingne...ath-investigation-Pillow-with-substance-on-it
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. grebe Member

Hmm. I think all healthcare programs should use the same standard: recommendations should be based upon evidence, all the evidence, as published in the medical literature and reviewed by all the relevant scientists working in the field.
  12. BigBeard Member

Too bad people had to die before the legislature got off it's duff about regulating drug rehabs.
    BigBeard
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Xenu Is Lord Member

It is the American way.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

They should use the same legislature that was used in Canada to shut down NN Trois-Rivières. David Love has it translated into english...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

So when NarCONon is dead, it's time for Target II '

I love it, so much cheaper than scientology and 27x times as many wins!!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  17. Anonymous Member

Watch & listen carefully to what happens at 4:15 onwards...

"... for getting, um, students, uh, drug abusers off..."
    • Like Like x 1
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

Officials got complaint on Narconon in late 2011

BY JARREL WADE - Tulsa World

State Department of Mental Health officials received a five-page complaint in early December detailing illegal drug use involving staff and “students” at a controversial rehabilitation facility near McAlester and the October death of a 32-year-old Claremore man at the facility.

The letter’s author, whose name was redacted from a copy supplied through an open records request, said he was terrified by his month at Narconon Arrowhead at Lake Eufaula, a rehab facility rooted in the teachings of Scientology.

In his month there, he describes his observations about the death of fellow Narconon student Gabriel Graves.

“I saw the ‘nurse’ of the facility crying, walking out of (redacted) room with another staffer,” the complainant said about his experience on Oct. 26, the day records show Graves died. “I stood there, shocked and scared. … It was, however, hinted to us that he may have died of a drug overdose because we were told by one of the staff that came to brief us that we might ‘end up like him.’”

Graves’ autopsy report lists his cause and manner of death as undetermined and unknown, records show.

“It should be noted that while I was there the use and distribution of drugs by ‘students’ … and staff was rampant,” the complainant wrote to Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services officials.

“I was asked on numerous occasions if I wanted any drugs, but since I do not do drugs, I declined. I was offered many different types of drugs, ones I had never even heard of. By observation, no one was concerned about the drug use at this time.”

Department of Mental Health spokesman Jeffrey Dismukes said he could not confirm any action the department took as a result of the complaint because he could not discuss an ongoing investigation.

The complaint is one of several the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services receives each year about Narconon Arrowhead.

Legislation planned

Oklahoma law allows for certain officials to ask a judge for an injunction that would halt all business at the facility.

Dewayne Moore, general counsel for the Department of Mental Health, said the department typically doesn’t request injunctions, opting instead to suspend or revoke certification of facilities that violate the agency’s rules.

Sen. Tom Ivester, D-Sayre, said Friday that he plans to propose legislation aimed at regulating Narconon’s drug-treatment program.

“There are proven treatment regimens to help people deal with the illness of addiction, and we have a duty to ensure that programs being offered within the borders of Oklahoma are strongly regulated to ensure the utmost safety for these vulnerable patients and their families,” Ivester said.

Semiannual departmental evaluations of the facility dating to 2005 show repeated problems in the area of staff training.

The reports were provided as part of the Tulsa World’s open records request to the Department of Mental Health.

A November evaluation report, made soon after Graves’ death at the facility, recommended that the Narconon administration better document training for nurses in withdrawal techniques “and training in facility emergency medical procedure.”

A November 2010 evaluation report, made almost a year before Graves’ death, listed several “deficiencies,” including lack of documentation about continuing care plans, the initial condition of the patient, ongoing clinical supervision and a lack of training regarding the physical signs of withdrawal.

Multiple evaluations reviewed by the World showed repeated deficiencies, including lack of documentation of staff training.

More at http://newsok.com/officials-got-complaint-on-narconon-in-late-2011/article/3701947
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Anonymous Member

Shut those lying murdering bastards down!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. Anonymous Member

<dink> <dink> <dink> Helloooo, useless faggots Dept of Mental Health and state authorities charged with regulating these joints -

before someone decides you are complicit in these unexplained deaths.
  21. Anonymous Member

• Winner Winner x 2
  22. Anonymous Member

23. Anonymous Member