Customize

Narconon Arrowhead Takes In Stranded

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by Intelligence, Apr 18, 2012.

1. failboat Member

224-a.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  2. anon walker Moderator

Ready when you are!
    • Like Like x 3
  3. anon walker Moderator

"Naconon." Heh.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. anon walker Moderator

I suspect the ones already under pressure are the best targets.

Narconon Vista Bay and NN Georgia both have unnecessary deaths on their hands, directly related to the victim's association with Narconon. These are recent, active cases. Kick 'em while they're down!
    • Like Like x 4
  5. patriot75 Member

Narconon deaths under investigation by ME, sheriff
    By JEANNE LEFLORE STAFF WRITER

“They (Narconon) told us, ‘We can fix him.’” SHIRLEY GRAVES Mother of Gabriel Graves, who died at Narconon Arrowhead in October

Two people have died in the last six months at Narconon Arrowhead, also the subject of an earlier lawsuit and an ongoing investigation into recent deaths at the facility.

Narconon Arrowhead in Canadian is a non-profit drug and alcohol rehabilitation center.

Hillary Holten, 21, and Gabriel

report Graves, 32, were found dead at Narconon Arrowhead within the last six months, according a from Pittsburg County Sheriff’s Department.

On April 11, Holten, of Carrolton Texas, was found dead at about 4 a.m. in her room at Narconon, according to the report. She had been staying at the facility for less than two days when she was found face down on her bed.

Less than six months earlier, in October, the body of Graves, of Kingfisher, was also found in his bed at the facility, according to a police report. He had been at Narconon months.

His mother, Shirley Graves, said her son was very intelligent and loving.

“My son is beautiful and I miss him,” she said.

She said Narconon representatives told her they could help her son.

“They told us, ‘We can fix him,’” she said.

Police were called to his room at about 11 a.m. after Graves’ roommate found him in the same position in his bed at 8 a.m. as he had been at 1 that morning.

He was declared dead at 11:15 a.m., according to the report.

Graves’ case is still under investigation, according to Annette Riley of the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Oklahoma City.

No charges have been filed in either case, according to Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns.

“We don’t file charges until we are notified the by medical examiner’s office,” Kerns said.

Last year, Narconon Arrowhead settled a lawsuit filed by the parents of Kaysie Dianne Werninck, 28, of St. Augustine, Fla.

The lawsuit alleged she died as a result of gross negligence after she became seriously ill with an upper respiratory infection while at Narconon Arrowhead. The lawsuit, filed in Pittsburg County District Court, alleged she also died because of the lack of sufficient training of the staff at the facility and that she was
    Partly denied outside medical attention and prescription medication.

Narconon International recently closed a facility in Canada, according to CBCnews.ca.

On April 13, the Narconon facility in Quebec closed after Marc Latour, a regional health agency director in Quebec, said he had no choice but to shut down the Scientology-based rehabilitation center in Three Rivers, according to Canadian newspaper cbc.ca.

Narconon Arrowhead and Narconon Three Rivers in Quebec are among of dozens of similar centers around the world where detoxification treatment is inspired by the teachings of the Church of Scientology.

At Narconon International, no one was available for comment, according to Cheryl Crawford, secretary for Narconon International President Clark Carr.

Gary Smith, director of Narconon Arrowhead, said he could not comment on the recent deaths due to federal laws. But he did say the facility is in full operation.

“As far as Narconon Arrowhead and its operation in Oklahoma is concerned, the center is legally operating and will continue to do so far into the future,” said Smith said. “Narconon Arrowhead has met or exceeded all legal and program certification guidelines set forth by the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse and the State of Oklahoma. Additionally the Narconon Arrowhead program is accredited through the internationally recognized accreditation CARF and has been consecutively since 1992.”

The families of Holten and Werninck could not be reached for comment. Contact Jeanne Leflore at jleflore@mcalesternews.com.
    • Like Like x 8
  6. Anonymous Member

link please
  7. AnonNoxMetus Member

• Like Like x 3
  8. patriot75 Member

9. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  10. DeathHamster Member

I like that the story mentioned the closing of NN TR. A large part of Narconon's damage control has been to keep news of incidents isolated by time and geography.

i.e. If there's a death at one Narconon, the news reports won't mention a death a couple years ago in the same place, or a couple months ago at another Narconon.

Gentlefags, I think we have to help reporters connect those dots!
    • Like Like x 8
  11. moarxenu Member

• Like Like x 4
  12. BigBeard Member

The details of the problems with NNTR, resulting in it's immediate shutdown, need to be forwarded to the ME in Oklahoma looking into the NN Arrowhead deaths. This could give the ME's office probable cause for a full investigation into NN Arrowhead's operations, e.g., confiscating prescribed medications, lack of trained staff, etc., that are possible contributing factors to those deaths. And possibly get the detox license someone without a clue issued to them pulled.

Is there anyway someone in OK might mention to the ME's office they should request the report on NNTR from Quebec??

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 9
  13. Intelligence Member

I agree with this ^^^^ for sure. AND I think it needs to go higher asap - - it has to be made
    quite clear to the certification people and health authorities, that THEY ARE placing themselves
    in a position of being sued fot NOT acting with DUE DILLIGENCE before approving this QUACK
    SCIENOLOGY REHAB.

There is a victim in Canada that discussed with me, that they wanted to sue the Quebec Minstry
    of Health for not acting when they had tons of evidence that NN TR nearly killed her son threw
    negligence. Her case had merit, but two weeks after our chat, NN TR was CLOSED for GOOD:)

• Like Like x 8
  14. patriot75 Member

MichaelslayingNNArrowhead.jpg

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Random guy Member

David, do you know it a report will be published by the Quebec Minstry of Health concerning this incident? Something public and with reasonable detail would be most welcome.
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Anonymous Member

Yes we do!!!! I have a feeling the Newspaper had to do some drastic editing in fear of lawsuit threats.

Don't worry OSA we got this....;)
    • Like Like x 4
  17. patriot75 Member

I'll be on it with a couple of friends....;)
    • Like Like x 7

18. Narconon Arrowhead is still advertising this Scientology front group's (FASE, 1281 Wilshire Blvd., L.A., Ca) 'scientific review' of their 70% permanent recovery success rate on their website today 04/22/12. The medical researcher for FASE (1281 wilshire Blvd, L.A. Ca) was Narconon's very own Dr. Megan G. Shieleds. (How convenient!)
    • Like Like x 3
  19. patriot75 Member

• Like Like x 4
  20. Intelligence Member

I am putting my book writing aside for four (4) hours to draft a VERY powerful letter to Government
    Investigators and high up officials (Senator etc), in our Federal Government. What happened with
    NN TR closing and what is going to happen in the USA, is NOT from local agencies. These decisions
    came from "on high" - - powerful government entities. Just trust me on this:) - - A lot of ass covering
    in back-rooms.

Will be forwarding to Media Monday morning, a press release statement and dox that are being
    submitted Monday morning to government.

I am demanding a "Forensic Audit" of NN TR, ABLE Canada, NN Canada, and the Montreal COS,
    by the Federal Government of Canada.

Extreme pressure will be placed on the QHRC tomorrow morning, insisting they move forward
    with the Human Rights Cases FORTHWITH! Failure to do so immediately, I will file a formal
    complaint with the Quebec Ombudsman, who oversees this entity.

If need be, I will file with the CANADA HUMAN RIGHS COMMISION; citing the QHRC refusal
    to abide by their mandate to protect our citizens. This will be followed by an update to Amnesty
    International (already received dox from me), and a Formal Submission to United Nations Human Rights Council.

I don't give a rat's ass if NN TR does go bankrupt and the QHRC is hesitant to proceed. ABLE Canada,
    NN Int, the Montreal COS, the COS in California, and DM is named in my formal complaint to QHRC.
    Plus all and every NN TR executive et al are named and legally liable!

If NN TR goes bankrupt and only has a Pup-Tent left - - I WANT THAT Tent,..., I will donate it:)

But most of all, we need this to be a Case Precedent, with all the evidence and decisions on record in
    a Court of Law for all to see and use.

That being said, "Am I going to keep pushing in North America?" Yes.

• Like Like x 18
  21. DeathHamster Member

I believe that Dr David Root is or was highly-placed in FASE as well. Yep, on their Advisors and Associates page. Also:
    He's still listed on the Narconon International Science Advisory Board.

narcononcenter.com/credentials/narconon-international-science-advisory-board.html

Kind of incestuous...
    • Like Like x 4
  22. ^^^^^^^That's my favorite quote on WWP ever^^^^^^^

.......................................Thx, David........................................

..............As a fellow North American, I salute you, Good Sir..........

If and when Narconon's brutally abusive scam goes down everywhere else like it has in Canada, David Miscavige and Hubbard's Scientology go down with it, imho.

Hubbard's purification rundown is medically extremely dangerous and should not be used on any human subjects (including Scientologists), perhaps it will be this Hubbard quack-science program that finally detoxifies Scientology and all of its toxic front groups as governments finally awaken to the big scam of Scientology.
    • Like Like x 7
  23. Anonymous Member

http://ok.gov/odmhsas/documents/Jan._27_final_agenda.pdf

DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE SERVICES
    BOARD MEETING OF JANUARY 27, 2012
    PROGRAM CERTIFICATION RECOMMENDATIONS
    AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING RECOMMENDATION
    BASED ON OAC 450:1,

EFFECTIVE JULY 10, 2010

EFFECTIVE DATE - EXPIRATION DATE
    I. Alcohol and Drug Treatment Programs
    A. Permit for Temporary Operation
    1. Narconon of Oklahoma, Inc. dba January 27, 2012-July 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  24. Anonymous Member

So time to get on it, eh?
    • Like Like x 4
  25. Anonymous Member

I love when Love talks sxxy.

oh-yes--large-msg-13020538949.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  26. Anonymous Member

OMG OMG OMG.

All that needs to happen to shut down Scientology's Narconon in OK is to convince the Oklahoma DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE SERVICES not to renew their permit. And they can be shut down as early as July 28.
    • Like Like x 5
  27. Anonymous Member

http://ok.gov/odmhsas/Substance_Abuse/index.html

Board Members

Residence
    Ronna Vanderslice, Ed.D. (Chairperson)
    Weatherford
    Gail Wood (Vice-Chair)
    Stonewall
    Brent Bell, DO
    Oklahoma City
    Bruce T. Fisher
    Oklahoma City
    Henry Haynes, Ed.D.
    Vinita
    J. Andy Sullivan, MD
    Oklahoma City
    Joel Carson
    Oklahoma City
    Larry McCauley, Ed.D.
    Oklahoma City
    Mary Anne McCaffree, MD
    Oklahoma City
    Paul Pierce, M.D.
    Oklahoma City
    Robert McDonald
    Norman

Next meeting is

May 25, 2012
    June 22, 2012
    July 27, 2012

There are only 2 meetings left before the July 27 deadline. Let's see if we can get Scientology's Narconon on their agenda ASAP for May 25 in just two days from now.
    • Like Like x 3
  28. Zak McKracken Member

It's not always about vengeance.

Former Narconon facility in Montreal:

angels walk where scientologists fear to tread
    they work, and they bless people

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

Oh, hai there . . . Narconon International President Clark Carr:

No man is an island,
    Entire of itself.
    Each is a piece of the continent,
    A part of the main.
    If a clod be washed away by the sea,
    Europe is the less.
    As well as if a promontory were.
    As well as if a manner of thine own
    Or of thine friend's were.
    Each man's death diminishes me,
    For I am involved in mankind.
    Therefore, send not to know
    For whom the bell tolls,
    It tolls for thee.
    • Like Like x 4
  30. Anonymous Member

Mary seems to be holding her hands out and saying "Narconon in my convent? WTF! Srsly WTF?!!"
    • Like Like x 2
  31. AnonNoxMetus Member

I thought it more of a shrug. "It's not religion, it's not science. It doesn't even work. I don't know what's going on in there."
    • Like Like x 3
  32. Anonymous Member

OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH
    AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE SERVICES
    1200 NE 13
    eet • PO Box 53277 • Oklahoma City, OK 73152-3277
    www.odmhsas.org • 405/522-3908 • 405/522-3851 TDD • 405/522-3650 Fax
    Position/Title Name Telephone
    Commissioner Terri White 405/522-3908
    Chief Operating Officer Durand Crosby 405/522-3908
    Deputy Commissioner, Mental Health Services Carrie Slatton-Hodges 405/522-3908
    Deputy Commissioner, Substance Abuse Services Caletta McPherson 405/522-3908
    Deputy Commissioner, Communications and
    Prevention Services Steve Buck 405/522-3908
    Medical Director Stan Ardoin, MD 405/522-3908
    Consumer Advocate General Tonya Salazar 405/573-6605 or 866/699-6605
    Director, Civil Rights Joyce Ihde 405/522-3908
    Director, Community Based Services Randy May 405/522-3908
    Director, Consumer Affairs Nancy Donaldson 405/522-3908
    Chief Information Officer Steve Davis 405/522-3908
    Director, Financial Services Ron Garner 405/522-3908
    Director, Human Resources Management and
    Human Resources Development Donnita Heck 405/522-3908
    Director, Information Services Leo Fortelney 405/522-3908
    Management Analyst Michaelle Statham 405/522-3908
    Director, Mental Health and Substance Abuse
    Services for Children, Youth and Families Jackie Shipp 405/522-3908
    General Counsel Dewayne Moore 405/522-3908
    Director, Prevention Services Jessica Hawkins 405/522-3908
    Director, Public Information Jeffrey Dismukes 405/522-3908
    • Like Like x 3
  33. Anonymous Member

http://www.ok.gov/odmhsas/documents/Chapter_15_Final_eff_07-01-11[1].pdf
    TITLE 450
    CHAPTER 15. CONSUMER RIGHTS
    SUBCHAPTER 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
    450:15-1-1. Purpose
    This Chapter implements 43A O.S. §§ 2-108, 2-109 and addresses the rights of
    individuals receiving services, either voluntarily or involuntarily from facilities operated
    by, certified by or under contract with, the Department of Mental Health and Substance
    Abuse Services, outlines the rules governing the operation of the ODMHSAS Office of
    Consumer Advocacy, and addresses investigations of alleged consumer rights
    violations conducted by the Department.
    450:15-1-2. Definitions
    The following words or terms, when used in this Chapter shall have the following
    meaning, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
    "Abuse"
    means the causing or permitting of harm or threatened harm to the health,
    safety, or welfare of a consumer by staff responsible for the consumer's health, safety,
    or welfare, including but not limited to:
    (A) non-accidental physical injury or mental anguish;
    (B) sexual abuse;
    (C) sexual exploitation;
    (D) use of mechanical restraints without proper authority;
    (E) the intentional use of excessive or unauthorized force aimed at hurting or
    injuring the consumer; or
    (F) deprivation of food, clothing, shelter, or healthcare by staff responsible for
    providing these services to a consumer.
    • Like Like x 4
  34. patriot75 Member

ODMHSAS didnt' just renew the permit they issued a Temp Permit for Medical Detox.
    http://ok.gov/odmhsas/documents/Jan._27_final_agenda.pdf
    Alcohol and Drug Treatment Programs

A. Permit for Temporary Operation
    1. Narconon of Oklahoma, Inc. dba January 27, 2012-July 27, 2012
    Arrowhead Medical Detox

Here is some info on Arrowhead Medical Detox:
    http://npidb.org/organizations/resi...ilitation_facility_324500000x/1790057057.aspx

Information on NARCONON OF OKLAHOMA, INC.

NPI Number 1790057057

State Identifier(s)
    Group Name NARCONON OF OKLAHOMA, INC.
    Doing business as ARROWHEAD MEDICAL DETOX
    Credentials - Lic #: ()
    Mailing Address Confidential
    Business Address 1500 S GEORGE NIGH EXPY
    MCALESTER, OK 74501-7409

Phone (918) 339-5800
    Name GARY SMITH - (CEO)
    Primary Specialty Residential Treatment Facilities / Substance Abuse Disorder Rehabilitation Facility
    Additional Specialties
    Last Modified 02/02/2012
    • Like Like x 3
  35. Anonymous Member

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...shut-them-all-down.101915/page-4#post-2101395

http://www.carf.org/providerProfile.aspx?cid=18129
    CARF Provider Profile
    Narconon of Oklahoma, Inc. dba Narconon Arrowhead
    HC 67 Box 5
    Canadian, OK 74425
    US
    Phone: 918-339-5761
    View Map
    Accredited Programs

ProgramProgram FocusAge Group/Special PopulationAccreditation Decision
    Detoxification (BH) Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions Adults Three-Year Accreditation
    Residential Treatment (BH) Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions Adults Three-Year Accreditation

Note: Some information may not display at the request of the provider. If you would like contact or other public information about a provider, please contact CARF.
    Note to providers: Please promptly contact CARF to update any missing or outdated information, or to request that CARF not display a company’s address and telephone number.
  36. Anonymous Member

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    Inpatient detoxification: The inpatient setting offers the advantages of 24-hour medical care and supervision provided by a professional staff and the easy availability of treatment for serious complications. In addition, such a setting prevents persons served access to alcohol and/or other drugs and offers separation from the substance-using environment. Inpatient detoxification is often provided to individuals with co-occurring health conditions that would be impacted by the detoxification process. It is also appropriate for individuals who need extensive medical monitoring during detoxification.

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...shut-them-all-down.101915/page-4#post-2101397
    • Like Like x 2
  37. BigBeard Member

This may be of interest to those involved with the Oklahoma NarCONons. I've flagged those items of particular interest:

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 7
  38. patriot75 Member

• Like Like x 9
  39. Intelligence Member

Holy <*****F_ _ K*****> - things are now happening past warp speed for this Ol' Irishman
    to keep up with,..., LOL :) - - AWESOME job on this Colin! (((HUGS)))

Try not to go into "Zombie" land again from working threw the night,..., LOL.

I must lay ma' weary body and mind down for a wee bit - - need to charge ma' "EverReady Bunny Batteries"{.

When my ears start ringing, I know I'm running on empty:)

• Like Like x 5
  40. patriot75 Member

• Like Like x 1