Customize

Narconon Arrowhead has new license, criticism remains.

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by patriot75, Oct 22, 2015.

1. patriot75 Member

Narconon Arrowhead has new license, criticism remains.
    The controversial drug-rehab facility is reorganizing in southeastern Oklahoma

After years of bad publicity, a controversial drug-rehab facility in southeastern Oklahoma associated with Scientology has been reorganizing operations. Some Oklahomans still want the public warned about the organization.

“We’re trying to revitalize and reorganize here, and we want to move forward,” said Robert Newman, senior director for public relations at Narconon Arrowhead in Canadian, Okla.
    Arrowhead is the largest Narconon rehab center in the world, but it has been the subject of criticism, investigations and lawsuits stemming from the deaths of three separate people between October 2011 and July 2012.

Newman, a native of Elmore City who has worked with Narconon for 15 years, said he did not want to focus on past tragedies involving “students” at Arrowhead, but rather the thousands of other people who have attended the center and found recovery. After serving the organization in California and Hawaii, Newman returned to Oklahoma in November.

“That’s what I was brought in to do — to try to change the public perception,” Newman said. “To act like [the tragedies] didn’t happen would be like, ‘What the heck?’”

On Sept. 25, Narconon achieved a key part of its reorganization efforts in Oklahoma: certification of its educational program as a halfway house by the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.

“The laws were recently changed, and we felt like, under these new certifications with the Department of Mental Health, this would be the best fit for [us],” Newman said. “These things we do and want to do as far as our program goes, [halfway-house certification] actually aligns pretty well with that.”

Senate Bill 295 was passed by the Legislature and signed by Gov. Mary Fallin in 2013. It was crafted with specific intent to address Narconon’s then-unregulated “education” program.
    “Passage of SB 295 made it so that any provider already providing an ODMHSAS-certified treatment service is required to also certify any other substance abuse treatment service being provided at that facility,” said Jeffrey Dismukes, ODMHSAS spokesman. “In addition to maintaining certification of a non-medical detoxification program, Narconon Arrowhead was required to seek certification for all of their substance abuse programs offered on-site and subsequently elected to apply for and meet the minimum certification standards related to operation and delivery of substance abuse halfway-house services.”

Narconon has also sought halfway-house certification in Florida, but the Tulsa lawyer who is leading 11 lawsuits against Narconon Arrowhead in Oklahoma said the organization’s new halfway-house certification will only serve to expand their rhetoric.

“They’re pretty good at creating perception, I’ll put it that way,” said attorney Gary Richardson, who is representing the families of those who died at Arrowhead. He said one case has been settled.

‘We took it very seriously’

With its new state certification in hand, Arrowhead’s efforts to change public perception have involved other adjustments, including programmatic changes, protocol updates, website redesign and even architectural improvements.

“We’re going to be giving it a face lift, a redesign,” Newman said of the Arrowhead facility that overlooks part of Lake Eufaula and features a large portrait of Scientology-founder L. Ron Hubbard.

Arrowhead itself was originally a state lodge built in 1965 on a federal loan. Oklahoma defaulted on that loan, so the federal government took ownership and sold the lodge to the Choctaw Nation in 1985. In 2000, the Choctaws sold Arrowhead to Narconon, despite the group’s controversial ties to Scientology.

Narconon had established its first Oklahoma services in Newkirk around 1990 but needed to relocate owing to a dispute with Indian nations who had leased them an old school, according to an article in The Oklahoman.

Now, Newman said the space within the Arrowhead lodge is being adjusted to suit Narconon’s program capacity better.

“With our plans, we’ve scaled back quite a bit over the last few years. Now we’re going back up,” he said. “Part of our reorganization is to find out — with the facilities that we have — what’s [our capacity]? The truth is that we’ve had as many as 250. The demand for services, we (just had) people coming in in droves, and we unfortunately, you know, got big. We had 250 people at one time.”

Read more http://nondoc.com/2015/10/23/narconon-arrowhead-has-new-license-criticism-remains/
    • Like Like x 7
  2. patriot75 Member

snip from end of article:

Henderson said what he got out of it was a mission to help raise public awareness about the issues surrounding Narconon, even helping some people get out of the facility.

In his personal experience, Henderson claims his blood-pressure medicine was withheld from him until he threatened to call his lawyer.

“Then they went and found my prescriptions that they said they couldn’t find and started handing me one every morning,” Henderson said.

Newman said that sort of thing does not happen at Arrowhead. (ummmm BULLSHIT Bobby!)

“Probably the biggest misconnection is as far as the medication goes — that we don’t believe in medication,” Newman said. “Well, that’s not true. Our medical staff is licensed with the State of Oklahoma. They are going to follow that protocol. (…) If the person is not qualified to do our program for medical reasons, we’re going to recommend a higher level of care.”

Henderson said he wound up seeking individual counseling for his addiction issues and the experience at Arrowhead.

“You go through something like this, it’s pretty hard to trust another rehab.”

http://nondoc.com/2015/10/23/narconon-arrowhead-has-new-license-criticism-remains/
    • Like Like x 9
  3. patriot75 Member

• Like Like x 3
  4. BigBeard Member

A silk sack full of shit is still a sack of shit.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Random guy Member

They intend to move forward by sweeping tree deaths under the rug?

At least they are honest about "forgetting" what happens when they run their quack program.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. patriot75 Member

Narconon Arrowhead Deaths Scientology Speciality.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  7. DeathHamster Member

Is there an active Narconon in Hawaii?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. patriot75 Member

Not sure. NN Hawaii might have been just an Educational Center, but I could be mistaken. I'm not sure of their current status. I found this from last year on FB Narconon Exposed.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.513999638621814.111645.169941693027612&type=3

Narconon Hawaii Robert Bobby Newman 20.jpg

Narconon Hawaii Robert Bobby Newman 9.jpg
    Robert "Bobby" Newman

Robert Bobby Newman 30.jpg

Narconon Hawaii Robert Bobby Newman.jpg

kelly-2-large.jpg

Narconon Hawaii Robert Bobby Newman 16.jpg

Narconon Hawaii John Travolta2.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  9. patriot75 Member

887385_991779320843841_2575090656429366953_o.jpg

source http://health.hawaii.gov/shpda/files/2014/09/sh1402a.pdf
    • Like Like x 1
  10. patriot75 Member

Current as of Jan 27 2015.
    Honolulu County
    Mental /Behavioral Health

http://honolulucounty.hi.networkofcare.org/mh/services/agency.aspx?pid=NarcononHawaii_899_2_0

• Like Like x 1
  11. FYI

Reaching For The Tipping Point forum has an ongoing thread about Hawaii, which I posted to this morning after spending some time research Hawaii t Colin's request. I have updated the thread with info and dox links

Re: Did Narconon Hawaii rehab center ever open?

Narconon is not on either list of the accredited certified programs below, however, further down you will see they got in through a "Special Treatment Facility" loophole, approved for an 8 bed by filing a certificate of need, whatever the hell that is. [..]
    http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,12917.msg36254.html#msg36254

Read^^^ for all that I found in dox and information
  12. RightOn Member

Travolta and wifey pooh spear headed the opening of Narconon Hawaii , 8 years ago (where the beard is from)

Travolta at the end " Compared to other rehabs, we're the best"
    Well if he means the best as in killing people, people not cured and people going psychotic then I would have to agree.

And what is the "we're" ?
    As in Scientology "we're"?
  13. RightOn Member

"he did not want to focus on past tragedies involving “students”
    okay because focusing on the fact of NINE people dying wouldn't make DM too happy., now would it? hmmm?

This is such bullshit!
    I can't believe what I'm reading.
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?
    Again, as I stated several times. They close down restaurants for not properly storing chicken after a health inspection, but nine deaths at one place in small span of time? meh!!!!! who cares?
    I am so angry I can spit.
    Time to start exposing the idiots who granted a license to outright murderers who have killed people with their quack science methods administered by untrained, non medical employees.

So maybe if you file a HEALTH violation then THAT could shut them down? Surely they must have several violations
    Oklahoma State Department of Health
    Consumer Protection Division
    1000 N.E. 10th St.
    Oklahoma City, OK 73117-1299
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Excellent. It may not close them down until multiple severe violations but it can't hurt. Didn't David Love report faulty wiring? That was from external wiring. Maybe a drive by?
    Their food service will NOT be safe.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. RightOn Member

TODAY IS OCT. 26TH 2015.
    THEIR LICENSE WAS RENEWED, THIS IS WHY THEY ARE STILL OPEN!
    I BLAME THE US GOVERNMENT FOR NOT INTERVENING WITH THIS UTTER DISREGARD FOR HUMAN LIVES, STUPIDITY AND THE OBVIOUS GREASING OF PALMS.

ANY OTHER REASONS THAN WHAT IS LISTED ABOVE, WOULD MAKE NO SENSE WHAT SO EVER.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. patriot75 Member

Today October 26th 2015 marks the 4 year anniversary of Gabriel Graves death at the hands of Scientology's Narconon #Arrowhead.

Rest In Peace
    Gabriel “Gabe” Graves
    November 4, 1978 – October 26, 2011

gabriel-graves.jpg

http://narcononreviews.net/narconon...on-victim-a-mothers-loving-memory-of-her-son/
    • Like Like x 3
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

Here's a press release from the cult dated January 21, 2016, which a site in Maple Valley, Washington published as if it was a news article.

Narconon Arrowhead Receives ODMHSAS Certification

Quote:

Narconon Arrowhead, a drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility in Canadian, Oklahoma, is very pleased to announce its recent halfway house or equivalent certification by the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS). This certification process includes inspections into organizational, operational and clinical standards in place at the facility. The ODMHSAS inspects and certifies more than 140 substance abuse recovery facilities in the State of Oklahoma.

“Narconon Arrowhead is committed to quality care for every person who trusts us with their progression to sobriety,” said Bobby Newman, Director for Public Relations at Narconon Arrowhead. “We have maintained our Certification for Non-Medical Detox with ODMHSAS since 2005 and this new halfway house or equivalent certification adds vocational services and community re-integration activities to the Narconon drug and alcohol rehabilitation program.”

Treatment plans, progress reports, staff certifications, fire and safety, zoning compliance and facility policies and procedures were inspected by ODMHSAS. The ODMHSAS certification issued this week is defined as halfway house and equivalent to the American Society of Addiction Medicine level 3.1 type of treatment and is otherwise known as “Clinically Managed Low- Intensity Residential Treatment”.

Narconon of Oklahoma Inc. (DBA) Narconon Arrowhead has serviced over 11,000 people over the last 25 years and is the largest of some fifty Narconon drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities operating on six continents. The Narconon network has a fifty-year history of helping the addicted recover lasting sobriety. For more information, call 1-800-468-6933.

Source:
    http://www.voiceofthevalley.com/com...cle_b84c81ac-c089-11e5-823a-a3526cb8b2a7.html
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Random guy Member

Wasn't ODMHSAS suing Narconon for fraudulent use of their certification?
  19. DeathHamster Member

Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.

The lawsuit is by National Association of Forensic Counselors.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Not being a dick, but ... Mod edit out Dox. ..was never denied his medication while at Narconon. I've read his file more than once and I can count three times when his C/S ordered MLO and him to be given the medication. Yet I still read these posts. The next time I read this shit I am doxing him. Fuck HIPAA. ...Mod edit XXXXX .....call me. You know who this is. Time we talked.
    Pwnsauce13
    This message by Pwnsauce13 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  21. PS I didn't chain my IP so if your admin is worth her salt Xxx mod edit yawn xxxx, she can probably tell roughly who I might be.
    Pwnsauce13
    This message by Pwnsauce13 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  22. Oops, apparently I forgot the best part. You are supposed to understand this. Not your army.

mod edit mystery link gone
    Pwnsauce13
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  23. Disambiguation Global Moderator

This is funny. You think Sue is a girl.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. @disambiguation I have no qualms with admin, whether boy or girl. I will not turn any ability on whoever to determine whatever. Kind of ambiguous, don't you think? Not the point here. Admin is active among you and can point
    Xxx mod edit. Knock off the doxxing xxx
    in the right direction if need be. If you'd like, you can also get my IP from whomever. TOR exit nodes have a way of bleeding. I don't have issues with you but come knocking if you'd like as well. I always like a good game of chess. Pawns are always well played. Are you a Ruy Lopez kind of person?
    pawnsauce13
    This message by pawnsauce13 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  25. Maybe through all the edits the mods should contact me. I apparently have a muted voice here. But I play a mean game and again have no qualms with anonymous obviously. Hope
    xxxxx mod edit, is this dox or are you asking for a country?xxxx
    is watching,
    xxxx mod edit more dox xxxxx
    this means you, but I have issues with outsiders using certain powers as theirs, especially on a lie that can be doxed. It's unwarranted and outside what was decided when the forced_anon script was written.
    pawnsauce13
    This message by pawnsauce13 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  26. Random guy Member

1) Doxing is not allowed on this board, and self-doxing highly discouraged.

2) We're not anyone's personal army nor a general postal service. If you need to get in contact with anyone you know the name of, look him or her up on-line like everybody else, or go old-school and use a phone book.

3) Doing a tough-guy pose on-line is so last decade. Try to keep up.
    • Like Like x 6
  27. Disambiguation Global Moderator

All I know about TOR is that it is some new kind of onion. There's no way I'm grabbing your ip or fried onions. This isn't censorship. You cannot post dox here, period.
    Since you seem to know who you are talking about I agree with Random Guy's suggestion. Pick up the phone and ding a ling a ling.
    • Like Like x 4
  28. patriot75 Member

Hi there Pwnsauce13, first and foremost go DIAF! I haven't been called out in a while. Congratulations you have received my interest.

Just to be clear I had to fight for my medications just like everyone else. I remember a young lady that attended NN AH and she didn't receive her medications as well. I wish we could ask her about it, but her name is Hillary Holten and she died 2 days after entering NN AH. RIP Hillary. Do you have any dox on that?

Oh, I wanted to ask you how are the 8 students at NN AH doing.

I am here troll. Come and get me, truth knows no fear. You and I shall dance in the coming months.
    I know more information than you can imagine.
  29. patriot75 Member

Oh really, why don't you send me my dox? If you believe what's in my folder your more foolish than I ever imagined.
  30. DeathHamster Member

And I'm totally sure that those couldn't have been added to his file after the fact.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Sekee Member

Not being a dick or anything but prescribed medication should be given as a matter of course not as a matter of orders. If the order was given three times it would suggest that on at least three occasions medication was withheld.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. patriot75 Member

Why did you change your number?
    • Like Like x 2