Customize

Nancy Many’s Life in Scientology Dramatized on January 16 Investigation Discovery Series

Discussion in 'Media' started by YouSeeNothing, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

And that the ones they have are really really busy with Marty.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

Here's a press release that was published today:

Investigation Discovery's DANGEROUS PERSUASIONS Tells Terrifyingly True Tales Of People Who Fell Prey To Psychological Manipulation

All-New Series Premieres Wednesday, January 16 at 10 PM E/P

SILVER SPRING, Md., Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- People are often scared of what goes bump in the night. But what if the most dangerous monsters were the very same people your life depended on? Following extraordinary and terrifyingly true tales of psychological manipulation, Investigation Discovery's latest series DANGEROUS PERSUASIONS explores everyday people who were brainwashed into making remarkable sacrifices and committing unthinkable acts in the process. Told through intimate, first-person accounts, each hour-long episode details the captivating stories of people who were lured into a web of deceit and lost themselves along the way. False prophets, criminal masterminds, and sociopathic con-artists who prey on the innocent are just some of the Machiavellian architects at the center of these unbelievable and shocking true stories. DANGEROUS PERSUASIONS premieres Wednesday, January 16 at 10 PM E/P on Investigation Discovery.

"There is nothing more frightening than the thought of people preying on your most valuable asset: your mind," said Henry Schleiff, general manager, Investigation Discovery. "DANGEROUS PERSUASIONS profiles average men and women who were coerced into disturbing situations, proving that - horrifyingly enough - almost anyone can find themselves vulnerable to manipulation."

The premiere episode of DANGEROUS PERSUASIONS features the story of former Scientologist Nancy Many. As an impressionable college student in 1971, Nancy joined the Church of Scientology in the hopes of making the world a better place. Unbeknownst to her, she would soon become an undercover agent, immersed in espionage activities, waging a secret war against the Church's greatest critics. It was only after joining the organizations' elite inner circle that Nancy finally understood the corruption at the center of Scientology's enormous empire. Little did she know the intimidation and interrogation she would have to endure when her allegiance to the Church came into question. Upon suffering an emotional breakdown, Nancy finally left the Church after living nearly 30 years of her life as a devout Scientologist.

DANGEROUS PERSUASIONS delves into what happens when a predator warps an individual's very own sense of self. From those seeking answers to life's largest questions to those who fell victim to a powerful stranger, the men and women featured in this new six-part series were all torn from their path in life, becoming trapped in abuse and deception instead. Other episodes include Christine Marie, a single mother who thought she had met the man of her dreams, only to realize that the self-proclaimed Mormon Prophet was anything but, coercing her into giving up her children and sleeping with other men to finance what he claimed was "God's work"; Colleen Stan, a 20-year-old woman who was abducted while hitchhiking and forced into sexual slavery for over seven years; Kerry Noble, a young father who lived happily with his wife in a small Christian community until charismatic community leader Jim Ellison steered him into a world of racism and mass murder; and Susan Hamlin, a wife and mother of four, whose manically controlling and violently abusive husband terrorized and brainwashed her into believing she was at the center of a satanic cult.

DANGEROUS PERSUASIONS is co-produced for Investigation Discovery by RAW and Entertainment One Television. For RAW, Louise Norman is executive producer with Michael Kot as executive producer for Entertainment One. For Investigation Discovery, Ron Simon is executive producer, Sara Kozak is senior vice president of production, Kevin Bennett is general manager, and Henry Schleiff is president and general manager.

About Investigation Discovery

Investigation Discovery (ID) is America's leading mystery-and-suspense network. From harrowing crimes and salacious scandals to the in-depth investigations and heart-breaking mysteries that result, ID challenges our everyday understanding of culture, society and the human condition. ID delivers the highest-quality programming to nearly 80 million U.S. households with viewer favorites that include On the Case with Paula Zahn; Homicide Hunter: Lt. Joe Kenda; Who the (Bleep) Did I Marry?; Disappeared; Stalked: Someone's Watching; and Redrum. For more information, please visit InvestigationDiscovery.com, facebook.com/InvestigationDiscovery, or twitter.com/DiscoveryID. Investigation Discovery is part of Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA)(NASDAQ: DISCB)(NASDAQ: DISCK), the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 209 countries and territories.

Please visit the Press Website at http://press.discovery.com/us/id/ for additional press materials, online screeners, and photography.

Contact: Jordyn Linsk, +1-240-662-2421, Jordyn_Linsk@discovery.com

Source: www.broadcastermagazine.com/press-releases/story.aspx?id=1001984865
    • Winner Winner x 6
  3. moarxenu Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

Investigation Discovery Premieres All-New Series DANGEROUS PERSUASIONS Tonight

People are often scared of what goes bump in the night. But what if the most dangerous monsters were the very same people your life depended on? Following extraordinary and terrifyingly true tales of psychological manipulation, Investigation Discovery's latest series Dangerous Persuasions explores everyday people who were brainwashed into making remarkable sacrifices and committing unthinkable acts in the process. Told through intimate, first-person accounts, each hour-long episode details the captivating stories of people who were lured into a web of deceit and lost themselves along the way. False prophets, criminal masterminds, and sociopathic con-artists who prey on the innocent are just some of the Machiavellian architects at the center of these unbelievable and shocking true stories. Dangerous Persuasions premieres tonight, January 16 at 10 PM E/P on Investigation Discovery.

"There is nothing more frightening than the thought of people preying on your most valuable asset: your mind," said Henry Schleiff , general manager, Investigation Discovery. "DANGEROUS PERSUASIONS profiles average men and women who were coerced into disturbing situations, proving that - horrifyingly enough - almost anyone can find themselves vulnerable to manipulation."

The premiere episode of Dangerous Persuasions features the story of former Scientologist Nancy Many. As an impressionable college student in 1971, Nancy joined the Church of Scientology in the hopes of making the world a better place. Unbeknownst to her, she would soon become an undercover agent, immersed in espionage activities, waging a secret war against the Church's greatest critics. It was only after joining the organizations' elite inner circle that Nancy finally understood the corruption at the center of Scientology's enormous empire. Little did she know the intimidation and interrogation she would have to endure when her allegiance to the Church came into question. Upon suffering an emotional breakdown, Nancy finally left the Church after living nearly 30 years of her life as a devout Scientologist.

From http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article...w-Series-DANGEROUS-PERSUASIONS-Today-20130115
    • Like Like x 3
  6. wolfbane Member

Oh hell, I missed it too. I forgot today was Wednesday.
  7. tigeratbay Member

I don't get the channel so have to wait and get it later somehow. :( bummer and Nancy is one of my favorites.
  8. RightOn Member

I think it re-airs this Saturday?

Looking forward to tonight
    popcorn -check
  9. YouSeeNothing Member

Too much cult pwnage going on! I can't keep up. What's tonight? WHAT'S TONIGHT?! :)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. DeathHamster Member

http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article...w-Series-DANGEROUS-PERSUASIONS-Today-20130115
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Unless you are in Australia today is Wednesday. It hasn't aired yet. Quit messing with my head.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. DeathHamster Member

The 17th is a Thursday this year.
  13. YouSeeNothing Member

Holy shit! I've lost my mind! I got home at 2:30a last night, looked at the time and calendar and assumed I missed it. D'oh! Three hours of sleep later and I'm all kinds of fuxored. Thanks, DH. :)

Edit: I've been dealing with a family health emergency and a lack of sleep. This is the first time I've lost track of dates. Sorry, all.

Edit2: Deleted old post so as not to confuse people.
  14. Anonymous Member

I am confuse
    [IMG]
  15. me to
  16. wolfbane Member

Oh you! I looked at the date (after midnight) and did the same thing after seeing your message.

But there is more promotion online, and a 2nd promo clip.

NEW SERIES

Scientology: My Eternal Contract

A devoted Scientologist becomes a spy to root out The Church's enemies. Little did she know she'd become immersed in the organization's secret war.

Watch A Crime for Scientology
    http://investigation.discovery.com/...persuasions-video/a-crime-for-scientology.htm

Watch Going Undercover
    http://investigation.discovery.com/...persuasions-video/a-crime-for-scientology.htm
    • Like Like x 1
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

Tony Ortega has posted this on Facebook:

WATCH NANCY MANY'S DOCUDRAMA WITH US TONIGHT! We've provided some more sneak peeks of images from the show, which broadcasts on the ID network at 10 pm tonight. Please join us at the blog as we take it in.

TONIGHT: Nancy Many’s Story of Scientology Spying and Interrogation on ID at 10 PM

Tonight is the night we move into a new era: for the first time, a television network is putting on not just a story about some of Scientology’s worst abuses — spying on perceived enemies, degrading treatment of workers, splitting up families — but it’s being dramatized in a 1-hour show that pulls no punches.

We’ve seen the whole thing and can attest to the high production values and the respect with which the Investigation Discovery network and its new series “Dangerous Persuasions” is treating Nancy Many, who had one of the most remarkable careers in Scientology.

We have more images from the show you won’t see anywhere else. And tonight, we’ll watch and comment here live — and we hope you join us!

There's more, and open comments, at
    http://tonyortega.org/2013/01/16/to...logy-spying-and-interrogation-on-id-at-10-pm/
    • Like Like x 3
  18. RightOn Member

^^^ YES YES oh YES!!!
    looks really good!
    Hope the FBI is watching tee hee
  19. Anonymous Member

twatted 'n' sheered.
  20. Sonichu Moderator

Any words on how to see this if you aren't a cable fag?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. AnyOldName Member

So hope the episode is posted online at some point. I really really want to see it. No cable here either.
  22. Born2Shop Member

Nancy honey I am SO COMPLETELY proud of you for the above. And I am so very proud to be your friend.

I can't wait to see it tonight. Wish I was with you watching it tonight. I will be in spirit:)
    • Like Like x 3
  23. YouSeeNothing Member

Nancy, are you live-chatting during the premier anywhere tonight?
  24. Anonymous Member

We could do a thread here for live blogging the show.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. YouSeeNothing Member

Quick show if hands. Should I start a new thread or just do it in here?
  26. Anonymous Member

Hand up for new thread.
  27. Anonymous Member

28. Anonymous Member

Me too.
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

30. YouSeeNothing Member

31. Xenu Is Lord Member

A week ago I would have not been so sure but the last few days have set us up for some major wins right out of the gate.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  32. Anonymous Member

January has not only been full of wins for us but full of footbullets for the scis as well. The last week has been breathtaking to see unfold.

The events of the past week have propelled this January well into 'epic'.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. amaX Member

Nancy and Chris Many have risen to the occasion. The show was done well. Paulette is always brilliant. Bravo to all.
    And let us not forget that we are surrounded by wins everyday because we are all still here and we are trying to make a difference.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  34. moarxenu Member

According to the Investigation Discovery schedule for Dangerous Persuasions, Nancy Many's story is being re-broadcast at 3:00 PM Eastern and Pacific time this Saturday, January 19:

ALL TIMES ET/PT
    SATURDAY JANUARY 19

3:00 PM
    60 MIN.
    Scientology: My Eternal Contract

TV-14 CC
    Devoted Scientologist Nancy becomes an undercover spy to root out The Church's enemies. Little did she know she'd become immersed in the organization's secret war against its critics. Will her mission lead to her mental breakdown?

WEDNESDAY JANUARY 23
    • Like Like x 2
  35. BlackRob Member

Did anyone rip this?
  36. YouSeeNothing Member

Not available on Xfinity OnDemand yet. Someone I met told me about this thing called "BitTorrents". No torrents that I can see--not that I condone bittorrents. Bittorrents are bad. :)
    • Funny Funny x 2
  37. Sam Urai Member

Here is the first of four parts, will update here as I add more segments:

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  38. Anonymous Member

Thank you Sam Urai for the rip! Jolly good of ya mate.
  39. BlackRob Member

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  40. AnyOldName Member