Customize

Nancy Many’s Life in Scientology Dramatized on January 16 Investigation Discovery Series

Discussion in 'Media' started by YouSeeNothing, Jan 7, 2013.

1. YouSeeNothing Member

From Tony's blog:

IDNancyMany.jpg

Story continues at the link.
    http://tonyortega.org/2013/01/08/na...on-january-16-investigation-discovery-series/
    • Winner Winner x 14
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Incredulicide Member

All the best for Tony dealing with a loss in the family.
    • Agree Agree x 7
  3. YouSeeNothing Member

For more background on Nancy:

• Like Like x 5
  4. This is going to be the BEST WORST year for Scientology, yet.

Time to come out and handle this yourself David Miscavige. The old man would have wanted you to do it.
  5. Thanks to YouSeeNothing for posting those vids about Nancy.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. wolfbane Member

Original press release announcement and some of the related coverage from last summer:

Dangerous Persuasions :: All-New Series Premieres Wednesday, January 16 at 10 PM ET
    http://press.discovery.com/us/id/programs/dangerous-persuasions/#

Canada's Entertainment One to Co-Produce Raw TV's 'Dangerous Persuasions' :: The true-life six-part docudrama will air on Investigation Discovery in the U.S. and History Television in Canada.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/canadas-entertainment-one-dangerous-persuasions-348000

eOne teams with U.K.’s Raw TV for “Dangerous Persuasions”

Discovery channel is seeking ex cult members for a new documentary
    http://simpleselfpub.blogspot.com/2011/08/discovery-channel-is-seeking-ex-cult.html
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

Thanks for bringing the thread down.
    /derail
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

Miscavige has been "handling this" for years. Result: FAIL

You mean the old man he had killed?
    No way Miscavige would have soiled his dainty little hands with that.
    And people wonder why Pat Broeker has kept his big mouth shut all these years... it's not just the money.
  9. RightOn Member

yes yes oh yes!
    ok rest of the ex's, please follow suit!
  10. Anonymous Member

I see the perpetual non-contributor has arrived ITT.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DodoTheLaser Member

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Random guy Member

Very good to see Nancy Many getting her story out like this!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. wolfbane Member

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  15. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

I had the honor of meeting Nancy at the SP party. She is such a warm, wonderful person it is difficult for me
    to fathom how she was treated. I have to admit this will be tough for me to watch, but watch I will. Thank you
    Nancy for sharing your story.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 6
  18. Anonymous Member

New episode.

Scientology My Eternal Contract
    Airing on Wednesday 1/16/2013.

DANGEROUS PERSUASIONS tells extraordinary and terrifyingly true tales of everyday people who were manipulated into horrific situations that changed their lives forever. These innocent men and women became the unsuspecting prey of dark forces, from sociopathic con men to criminal masterminds, and were coerced into activities that horrified them and left them traumatized. Through intimate, first-person accounts, each episode details the captivating stories of survivors lured into a web of deceit by a malicious manipulator. (Source: Discovery)
    • Like Like x 2
  19. moarxenu Member

LIKE MANY ANONS I STOPPED WATCHING CABLE YEARS AGO.

CAN SOMEONE WITH COMPUTER SKILLS PLEASE RIP TO YOUTUBE OR RUTUBE IF NECESSARY.

kthx. Also, dongs
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Anonymous Member

I thought I was the only one here who didn't watch TV. Nice to know there are similarly enlightened people @WWP.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. What a Kick Ass month this January 2013!!!! I am so happy to be but one of the January crowd!!
    • Winner Winner x 5
  22. Thanks from me too!!
    Nancy
  23. Thank you. It is kept in the forefront of my mind that my story is one that represents thousands of invididuals stories. Most of these people are unable to speak out. That's why I do this.
    nancy
    • Winner Winner x 13
  24. tigeratbay Member

As commented on Tony's blog...
    Nancy Many's book was the first book by an ex that I read. I didn't start my real search till 2012.
    I found that Nancy and I shared a time period from '80-'84 where we both were in the field undercover and never told or knew about any changes from GO to OSA nor about many other changes happening and it was always business as usual. As a public person, I didn't experience any SO or staff activities, however it was an impressive time in my life which I buried. It feels so good to be able to at least talk about my past now, not yet in fine detail, but that's been my greatest healing. What Nancy went through was horrific. She helped educate me and now the world. Kudos Nancy! :D

I'd add that the pigs said everything changed and no it didn't, as I found out later.
    • Like Like x 5
  25. YouSeeNothing Member

*blush*
  26. PTS Member

As I read this I am watching a rerun of a 36 year old Norman Lear sitcom and holding my remote. Don't tell me there is no god.
  27. Anonymous Member

There is no god.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. MOOG Member

teaser is win. i can't wait to see this, and i'm telling everyone. thank you Nancy! LOVE <3<3<3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. Very happy for you Nancy.
    I look forward to seeing the vid.
  30. PTS Member

• Like Like x 1
  31. That's for Canadians. It will be aired on January 16th in the US.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

Do you think at the very last moment Scientology lawyers will try to make the network to get it off the air?
  33. Thanks.
  34. It would cause a shit storm of biblical proportions.
  35. Anonymous Member

Of course they'll try. Wouldn't be scientology if they didn't.
    The question is "will they be successful?"
    NOPE! Not any more.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. PTS Member

Another foot bullet would not surprise me in the least, it's what they do after all.
    TV seems unafraid of them now, unlike some chicken shit publishing houses.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Random guy Member

Actually, OSA has been strangely silent the last year or so. After the massive footbullets that was the "Squirrelbusters", I think they finally may have understood what the Straisand effect is. I'm sure they're on it, but they seem to be rather more careful than usual.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. RolandRB Member

I think there is just less of them.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  39. RolandRB Member

I have a feeling that 2013 is going to be 10x worse for the cult than 2012.
    • Agree Agree x 4