Customize

'My Name is Earl' Got Cancelled

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by RightOn, May 19, 2009.

1. Mutante Member

Re: My Name is Earl CANCELLED!! YAY!

And nothing of value was lost.
  2. Anon Char Member

A show in which seeing the main character die would be a great change of pace to give the spotlight to someone else in which to build a new cliche "WHISPERSHOUTRAEGTOUGHGUY" method acting?

^^^Ditto

Of course, Terminator Sarah Conner Chronicles is getting canceled too.
  3. RavenEyes Member

I didn't say the acting was good now, did I? :)
  4. Optimisticate Member

Um, when I was about elementary school age, I remember asking my mom why "nucular" was spelled "nuclear". Growing up in the south does that to you and you don't even realize it.
  5. anmoyunos Member

Fact. Growing up in the south makes you stupid.
  6. The Shadow Member

Shame about 'Earl', it was quite funny and I enjoyed it, despite the Scilon links.

SHITE RIDER on the other hands, I want that show cancelled so bad you wouldn't believe. Only NBC are holding off on announcing whether or not it is officially cancelled until they see how well it does in Europe, and particularly in the UK. And what made me RAGE was that half a million people watched the Pilot epsiode on Sci-Fi, apparently that was BIG numbers for them. If my own fucking country is responsible for keeping that glorified Ford commercial on the air, I will NOT be happy.

That said, The Pilot did well in the States, but then after about three episodes of the series proper, the ratings nosedived as the majority of viewers woke up to what a POS it is., so I'm hoping that happens here too.

EDIT: As for Sarah Connor Chronicles, good riddance. Show should have been strangled at birth. Hmm, it's set AFTER T2 but their Sarah is YOUNGER than Linda Hamilton was in T2, and John Connor sent a hot chick Terminator back so that his past self could then ignore the opportunity and NOT fuck her on a regular basis....plus the fact that executives actually said yes to 'Let's film a Terminator series in Canada on a low budget without Arnie, Linda Hamilton, or in fact ANYONE from the movies'....FUCK OFF.
  7. charlie Member

never seen the program but did see the american chopper show about them building a piece of shit bike for a charity auction
  8. A.Non Hubbard Member

That's extremely wrong and you know it.

Growing up in the south prevents you from being smart. Big difference.
  9. anmoyunos Member

A glaring mistake on my part. The reality which you've pointed out is far, far worse.
  10. Anonymous Member

Peacock's Axe falls on TV's My Name is Earl
    ....Or, Does Hollywood Have Xenuphobia?
    xearl3.jpg
    couldn't resist.....
  11. Optimisticate Member

Et tu, Brute?

:D

nucular
    nucular
    nucular
    nucular
    sweet tea
    nucular
  12. Da Sandmastah Member

'My Name is Earl' Got Cancelled

Looks like Jason Lee needs a new job again. :T

Farewell to Our Favorite (and Not-So-Favorite) TV Series - Yahoo! TV Blog

edit:
    And nothing of value was lost.
  13. Re: 'My Name is Earl' Got Cancelled

That show fucking sucked anyway.
  14. Re: 'My Name is Earl' Got Cancelled

the asspain Jenna Elfman has another show
  15. Anonymous Member

Re: 'My Name is Earl' Got Cancelled

It's about time. There were many more scifags than than Jason Lee involved with My Name is Earl. It was largely scifag produced and written. The UK Guardian did an article on it some time ago. So that's a good number of scifags out of work with less money to give the cult.
  16. RaddaRadda Member

Her show won't last. Saw a clip on TV.
    Writing is horrible.

LRH wrote better.
  17. rawrz Member

"I'm worth millions!"
  18. Anonymous Member

Grabbed this clip from Thursday.

Everyone there looks like they hate being there. Even the audience.
    This show looks lame, and they all know it.

If the video gives an error, try clicking on the title.

Jenna Clip
  19. Herro Member

You know, most of these people that are now out of work already have a lot of money so this doesn't apply to this situation but, having said that- don't you think it's a bit odd to take joy in seeing people loose their jobs because they're scientologists? Would you take similar joy in a scientologist no longer able to support his or her family anymore because they won't be able to give more money to the CoS? Just saying.
  20. Anonynamefag Member

False analogy. If you lose your job, that's something you can't help (unless you were fired and it's your fault). You CAN, however, get your priorities straight and support your family rather than paying a cult.
  21. NotMike Member

The cult targets celebrities as a method of attracting & promoting their scam. You have to admit that it is probably tempting for a budding young star hopeful joining up with Scientology just because some other semi-famous b-listers are in it. But they have no clue what they are getting into. Jason Lee has already stated that he is worth millions so it really doesn't matter what is going on with scientology to him.

So working joes earning an honest day's living, we leave them alone for a reason. Promotional icons are a different matter.
  22. Herro Member

Oh I've got no problem with that.
  23. Anonymous Member

How loose?

But to answer your question, no.
  24. AnonOfStout Member

Wat? Herro has problems with everything? You've shaken my faith in the way the universe works! :eek:

Back on topic though, the more we see scilon shows tank, the more lulz there are to be had. I like seeing their projects fail. More scilon fail is good. Maybe it'll keep spreading as it has been. Exponential fail must grow.

Pardon me, I need another beer.
  25. FUCK Member

agreed. i find it quite funny actually.
  26. whoever Member

Actually...I don't think most of the people who lost their jobs have a whole lot of money. You know, the crew, extras, people like that. I feel bad for those people. I wouldn't wish for them to lose their jobs just to put the show's Scilon stars out of work. (That said...it's life in Hollywood--shows get canceled. So I don't feel too bad for them.)
  27. NotMike Member

Unless the crew was staffed via the scientology buddy system, I would fully expect the crew to pick up work on the replacement shows.

It's not like the lighting guy is so type cast he or she can't do another show.
  28. Smurf Member

29. Herro Member

So how long will it take before people whip themselves into a frenzy thinking all the people on the twitter campaign are scientologists?
  30. whoever Member

Well, you have a point there. Many of them probably will. Still, just stating my own personal opinion: I wouldn't wish for a bunch of people to lose their jobs simply because the show stars two Scilons.
  31. MenoBitch Member

No I don't feel bad at all. When the woggy mest world has dealt them a rough hand, they can join the Sea Org and really show their dedication to the cause. Just picture Herro, the life they can lead. Room and board taken care of in the form of crowded dorms and plenty of beans and rice. Opportunities to push your limits to the max in the RPF. Fitness time by running around poles in the middle of the desert under a blazing sun. $30-$40 a week until Blownforgood wins his lawsuit. And..........drumroll please, they will never be out of a job again with that famous billion year contract.