Customize

Movie movie movie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elefthería, Feb 27, 2012.

1. grebe Member

No, not until the day arrives when what has been seen can be unseen.

I liked the very low budget Primer ($7,000). It's a geek movie with time travel in it. People either think its awesome or meh.

The first time you watch it you will be all, wtf? when it finishes. We watched it again even though it was late and we had to go to work the next day.

Don't Google up the plot synopsis before you see it.

Hey this might be the entire movie here:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

Good stuff the movie or your daughter?

[IMG]
    /kidding
  3. Anonymous Member

1. Mr. Nobody
    2. The Lovely Bones
    3. This Must Be The Place

Totally awesome movies.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. the hunger games was interesting.
    although, i had to take an extended "popcorn break", and walked around a bit because i can't tolerate watching violence. it was kinda cool to see a glass case the theater had where you could see the film projector, up stairs by the ladies room. it glows really bright and it's one of those weird things, because one is so into the "reality" of the movie, and to see that all of that was a creative projection....
    but, i thought there were some very intriguing themes and the character development was good. i also appreciated that there was no commercial product placement in the film, and the characters appeared relatively natural. i also like seeing new talent.

it was pretty trippy. i saw it a few months back.
  5. I disconnected Direct TV when they removed Sundance. I refuse to upgrade as if being held hostage to these corporations. In my day we had a few channels of quality for free. Now I listen to the radio. Jobs are scarce and yet there is a high price to pay for everything. I see both extreme worlds. On the one side the wealthy whom are arrogant. Food is plentiful as everything else. On the other are people sitting outside with children who have nothing. They are crowded together in a 1 bedroom apt. sharing in order to survive. This is here in USA. When hope and indifference towards humanity is lost these children have no chance. They have no voice hidden in secret and fear. I hope a film will be introduced as to what is really happening on the dark side of town.
  6. Anonymous Member

Prometheus, good one.
    Safe House, not as bad as somene else wrote. Think "Bourne", but in reverse.
    In Time
  7. Lulzanne Member

8. Anonymous Member

Didn't think I'd find any mentions of Pixar on here. Those are all pretty good.
  9. Ken Russell's 'The Devils'.

Cronenburg's 'Videodrome'.

Crazy 70's eurofilms like 'The Damned', 'Night Porter' and 'Salon Kitty'.

British Road movies like 'O Lucky Man' or 'Magic Christian'.

There are more, but for sure I am too stoned to recall. ;)
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. A.O.T.F Member

[IMG]

[IMG]

This is a "MUST SEE" ... I was sickened & appalled at the lengths the "Combined" US Military will go to.. To cover up Rape and serious Assaults against Women. If All goes well and we can get TYLER up and running .. I implore people from the Armed Services to use TYLER to OUT these Scumbag Rapists to us .. Anonymously. I give this Documentary a more than worthy ********** 10 Stars out of 10
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mr. Schiff Member

I just watched Argo yesterday and i must say it's a very compelling movie i recommend it to everyone. Heres a little back story of it: It takes place in 1975 when the ruler of Iran (sorry, I don't know what type of leadership Iran has so im going with ruler) was chosen by America for some reason. The ruler was very cruel and practically starved the whole country until Iran's people overthrew him he then fled to America where he was taken in as a guest. Iran was obviously pissed off by this so they began to protest that he be returned to Iran to be mutilated and hung. So the Irinien people attack the American Embassy which basically embarks of the whole taking hostages ect ect.
  12. moarxenu Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. A.O.T.F Member

14. Anonymous Member

won't support Danny Masterson just like tom dick-sucker cruise he is banned for life
  15. A.O.T.F Member

Yes you are right Anon concerning him as a citizen,having those beliefs ..which as we all know are way beyond fucked up! .. The above movie though is not about him,he's just an actor playing a part. I recommend this movie purely for the reason that the Anti War Movement of the 60's and the peoples values and hopes of that time haven't waned,diminished or changed,they've just gotten stronger. There will always be Activism for positive change .. and it is a sad indictment that things have not changed with 21st century world Governments.. So one could say that the torch has been handed to Anonymous to carry.May it burn long and bright.
  16. I love to watch movie and classic movies are my favorite.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Saw LINCOLN the other day. It wasn't bad. It wasn't quite what I expected but Daniel Day Lewis turns in a very natural performance as Abe Lincoln.
  18. Anonymous Member

he is good.
  19. anonymouspunk Member

Lord of the Rings: Returns of the King extended edition, much better than the original cut.
  20. A.O.T.F Member

ledzepcday_zps1a0bb022.jpg

Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day ... If You thought the Album was great .. Check out the concert on Blu-Ray .. It's FARRRRKIN PHENOMENAL! .. Worth every Penny. 10 out of 10
  21. A.O.T.F Member

Life-of-Pi-500x710.jpg

If This Film doesn't win the Oscars for - Movie - Director - Actor ... it will be a travesty. The Movie is a simple game of Genius.

Now watching ....

zero-dark-thirty-poster-2.jpg
  22. Anonymous Member

Zero Dark Thirty is a bunch of bullshit.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

Seriously, if you see no other movie this year...

DJANGO!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. A.O.T.F Member

You're right! I'm having a major fucking problem with this movie,in that it is not in the sense a "Movie" but being more about "Propaganda" WTF! Kathryn Ann Bigelow? - When did you pass over to the Dark Side?

Mass Hypnosis

If You're looking for Droids you won't find them here!
  26. anonymouspunk Member

I agree, it was a pretty good film. And while I don't mind violence in films, it's just.... I dunno, odd seeing a bunch of teens kill each other in the woods.
  27. Anonymous Member

I prefer a good comedy.
  28. Dolan's Cadillac

Straight up telling of the Stephen King tale. I still think Christian Slater would make a great L. Ron Hubbard.

29. anonymouspunk Member

As do I. Have any suggestions? I feel like having a laugh today.
  30. Anonymous Member

I dunno. I like Mike Myers, I like classic Mel Brooks, too.
    51j0F2vEpCL._SX500_.jpg
    this was on tv as a re-run a few weeks ago. only watched a portion of it, but it was funny...
  31. anonymouspunk Member

Awesome, thanks.
  32. YouSeeNothing Member

Just finished watching 4 5-star movies, listed in personal preference order:
    1. Django Unchained
    2. Lincoln
    3. Life of Pi
    4. Zero Dark Thirty
    And going to see Argo tonight.
  33. YouSeeNothing Member

Figured you'd dig this:
    http://io9.com/5977864/shane-carrut...dium=recirculation&utm_campaign=recirculation
    • Like Like x 1
  34. supergal Member

zero dark thirty yucks :mad:
  35. System Member

I saw these two few nights ago friend loned the DVD's

51CsklnODnL__SL500_AA300_.jpg !!!!!!!!-the-possession1.jpg
  36. YouSeeNothing Member

Just watched Primer again. Great movie, lots of supporting material online to help wade through the plot/timeline.
  37. genoramix Member

Anything by Cameron Crowe(VAnilla sky, ok there's tom in it but he has a mask so you don't have to see his i-want-to-slap-him face, Almost famous(ahhh KAte Hudson) are pretty cool) Any James Cameron(this guy is my god).
    I like PTA's movies a great deal too, from Boogie Nights to The Master. There Will Be Blood bored me though.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. A.O.T.F Member

sc.jpg

Dave Grohl should get an Oscar for this. And for his Humanity towards others. He treats everyone with the greatest respect - The guy is Way Cool!

dg5.jpg

Desk.jpg

neve.jpg

jeez.jpg

http://buy.soundcitymovie.com/

[IMG]

Sound City - Real To Reel - Track Listing - Album release - 14 March 2013

1. Heaven And All – Robert Levon Been, Dave Grohl, Peter Hayes

2. Time Slowing Down – Chris Goss, Tim Commerford, Dave Grohl, Brad Wilk

3. You Can’t Fix This – Stevie Nicks, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Rami Jaffee

4. The Man That Never Was – Rick Springfield, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear

5. Your Wife Is Calling – Lee Ving, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Alain Johannes, Pat Smear

6. From Can To Can’t – Corey Taylor, Dave Grohl, Rick Nielsen, Scott Reeder

7. Centipede – Joshua Homme, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, , Alain Johannes

8. A Trick With No Sleeve – Alain Johannes, Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme

9. Cut Me Some Slack – Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, Pat Smear

10. Once Upon A Time… The End – Dave Grohl, Jessy Greene, Rami Jaffee, Jim Keltner

11. Mantra – Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme, Trent Reznor

Attached Files:

• dg.jpg
      dg.jpg
      File size:
      102.8 KB
      Views:
    • dg3.jpg
      dg3.jpg
      File size:
      142.2 KB
      Views:
    • fm.jpg
      fm.jpg
      File size:
      120 KB
      Views:
    • fm.jpg
      fm.jpg
      File size:
      120 KB
      Views:
    • dg4.jpg
      dg4.jpg
      File size:
      150.7 KB
      Views:
  39. Horseradish Member

40. Anonymous Member

I saw OZ in 3d yesterday. They had the sensibility to make it entertaining for the adults, yet make it clear that it's a kid's movie at heart. This one's worth the cough syrup.
    • Like Like x 1