Customize

Mohammad Seddigh Kaboudvand: Prisoner of the Day

Discussion in 'Videos' started by iraniam, Dec 8, 2011.

1. iraniam Member

Mohammad Seddigh Kaboudvand: Prisoner of the Day

Kurdish Journalist and Human Rights Activist

Committee to Protect Journalists: Plainclothes security officials arrested journalist and human rights activist Kaboudvand at his Tehran office, according to Amnesty International and CPJ sources. He was being held at Evin Prison in Tehran. Authorities accused Kaboudvand, head of the Human Rights Organization of Kurdistan and managing editor of the weekly Payam-e-Mardom, of acting against national security and engaging in propaganda against the state, according to his organization’s website. A Revolutionary Court in Tehran sentenced him to 11 years in prison.

http://www.iranian.com/main/2011/dec/mohammad-seddigh-kaboudvand-prisoner-day

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

3. I am moved to use a term to describe today's Iran that Christopher Hitchens has used to describe North Korea - "Orwellian."
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

I hate to say that I take any enjoyment out of other's tragedy but the benefit I receive from my activism on behalf of victims of the Iran regime is an enhanced appreciation of my own country. A reminder that doesn't hurt to have once in a while.
    • Like Like x 2