Customize

"Misleading Advertisement" and the Stress Test

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by RolandRB, Jun 7, 2011.

1. RolandRB Member

One of the angles we can use against the Stress Test is to report them to whatever Trade Office for misleading advertising. In the UK it is called The Office of Fair Trading and you can cite where and when the clams had set up their Stress Test tables and say you sat down for a stress test and before long they were trying to sell you a book that had something to do with their religion. Say that the only reason you sat down with them was because you are stressed in life and that you were deceived by their advertising and that you would not have wasted so much of your time if they said who they were. Report them for misleading advertising everywhere you spot them and this should result in their being stopped from trying this particular ploy to get the raw meat in.
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Interrobanger Member

Does the UK have any laws against reporting fraudulent complaints to the government?
  3. RolandRB Member

Dunno - Google it
  4. wolfyrik Member

This is a valid complaint, firstly they're deliberately misleading you as to the nature of their business and secondly, what they're trying to sell you is something else entirely, both of which are trading offences.

If you take their test and they tel you there is something wrong with you and/or you sit through their video which implies that you'll die miserably if you don't take their courses, that's another direct offence of trading law as it's illegal to suggest that bad things will happen to someone if they don't purchase your service or product.

It's another offence to say that they can correct your illness or improve your health eg stress, depression, sickness
    It's a further offence under the same Act to say that they can improve your IQ etc
    • Like Like x 2
  5. RolandRB Member

^^^^
    And it has got to be done this way because we have run out of all other options for "stress test" getting stopped.
  6. Anonymous Member

Report a scam

Tell the police about a scam by reporting it to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040

enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk.

Enquiries and Reporting Centre
    Office of Fair Trading
    Fleetbank House
    2-6 Salisbury Square
    London
    EC4Y 8JX.
  7. Interrobanger Member

If you read Roland's post and follow his advice you are in all likelihood committing fraud. You are probably lying when you report to authorities that the "only reason you sat down with them was because you are stressed." You are probably lying when you say you were "deceived by their advertising." You are probably lying when you claim "you would not have wasted so much of your time if they said who they were."

This is especially true if you repeatedly "report them for misleading advertising everywhere you spot them." How many times can you continue to be truthfully deceived and unaware?

For a valid complaint of the type Roland suggests one would need to be honestly deceived. If you just read this thread that's highly unlikely.

Can you really not distinguish between making truthful reports of crimes and lying to your government?
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Anonymous Member

Herro? Izzat U?
  9. Interrobanger Member

Of course. Everyone here who doesn't agree with you is an admin sock being deployed to undermine Chanology and re-focus attention on Freedom of Information.
  10. xenubarb Member

You aren't familiar with stress test tables, I take it? Why would you say "you are probably lying" about being stressed out? Huh? How the fuck do you know? Why do you think people sit down at their table? Tea and sympathy? And it's true, you sit down for whatever reason, they do the patter and then try to sell you a book that is seriously connected with their "religion."

As for the misleading advertising, you don't have to be "truthfully deceived," you just need to know when your bullshit meter is going off. Promised cures for arthritis, diabetes, cancers, you don't have to believe they can cure this shit. You just have to know these claims are fraudulent to report them.

I see you're trying for the position of Herro Junior. One of him is enough, and you're not good enough to keep around.
  11. Interrobanger Member

Barb, I am disappoint. Who is Roland's audience and what did he advocate they do?

Can you differentiate among?
    1. Anon sees gullible public getting a stress test and hands them an informative flyer including the name and contact details to report deceptive marketing practices.
    2. Anon reports to a government agency that, given their knowledge of Scientology, they consider stress test tables to be deceptive advertising.
    3. Anon, as a critic of Scientology, embraces Roland's advice to pretend to be deceived and uninformed about the stress test and then files a fraudulent report in which he lies about his understanding of Scientology and stress tests.

Is it wrong to oppose fraud whether it's from Scientologists or misguided critics?
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Herro Member

Yeah, fight fraud by engaging in even worse fraud. CHANOLOGY 4 EVA!
  13. Anonymous Member

Bull Shit.

These stress tables block up the sidewalk, they are one of many areas in which a criminal cult operates in order to ensnare vulnerable folk off the street, and they WILL be shut down either by being confronted by Anons or by being scrutinized by government authorities.

You can baaaw all you like, but nobody wants scilons operating with impunity, this is a war, we are suppressing the tax dodging fraud cult and we will use any means available to us.

If we become as big a pain in the ass as the cult is, they will act.

If we play 100 percent by the rules then we can never compete with the clams, who will call the cops at the drop of a GF mask.

You don't like it? Good. Baaaw some more.

RolandRB - you go for it dude. Shut 'em down and don't look back.
  14. Anonymous Member

This wording is what I'd expect from a Scientologist posing as anon.
  15. Robocat Member

If you'd read the 2 page training steps to man a stress test table, you'd know that book selling is a requirement. One finds the "ruin", and gets them started in the cult courses. Also, sell them a book. There is no wiggle room. It's a con and a bait and switch all in one.
  16. Anonymous Member

Go take your mask off outside the ORG and see how many fake cases of stalking they can get against you.

Besides. It's only fraud if the claims that the stress test are false advertising is true or not. Whether you yourself were actually duped and knowing it's a scam is not the same as reporting a scam.

Your whole hang up on fraud is because the Anon reporting already knows it's a scam.
  17. Anonymous Member

Am I the only person that thinks that Herro should GTFO of WWP :|

gtfo3cr.jpg
  18. Herro Member

Yes, you are the first person to suggest this since I started posting.
  19. Anonymous Member

Trufax. Everyone else suggested you DIAF.
  20. Herro Member

Some also threatened physical violence. Those were my favorites.
  21. Anonymous Member

Herro=Perpetual Victim.

Poor baby.
  22. Anonymous Member

At least his recent avatar is eye candy.
  23. Anonymous Member

The herro love thread is the proper location to fap about herro. This thread is about the emeter.
  24. Herro Member

Excuse me sir and or madam. Every thread is the proper location to fap about Herro.
  25. wolfyrik Member

Nonsense. Knowing that a fraud
    Nonsense. You're trying to suggest that reporting the cult is a bad thing. You shouldn't pretend to be duped, nor do you have to. Showing that this is how the cult operates is enough for it to be a valid complaint. The fact that scientology use such trickery is the point at which the law is broken. The cult of scientology uses the stress cart in order to trick people. They are breaking trade law. End of story.
  26. Interrobanger Member

Nonsense. I never suggested any such thing.

That is my point, because pretending to be duped is a lie and would be filing a fraudulent report and may be criminal.

I have no idea what options are available to critics under UK law. I simply observe that lying when one makes his report is fraud in and of itself.
  27. RolandRB Member

It's simple, just genuinely believe it happened when you make the report.
  28. Interrobanger Member

In what fantasy land do you live? Critics do not suddenly blank their minds when approaching stress test tables. Are you unable to oppose Scientology honestly?
    • Like Like x 3
  29. xenubarb Member

I like the way you're overlooking EVERYTHING to natter on about whether or not a stress test table visitor is, in fact, stressed. Way to focus on the unessential peripherals of an issue there, bub!
  30. Interrobanger Member

Who is Roland's audience and what did he advocate they do? I am speaking directly to the main point of OP and this thread. I see fraud, I call it out.

You should ask yourself if your hatred for Scientology is blinding you to thinking clearly about how to oppose it. There are legal, ethical, non-fraudulent means to fight Scientology. Roland's approach is not one of them. It would be trivial to re-formulate Roland's suggestion to be ethical - I gave two examples in my reply to you.

If one's intent is to be an edgy chanologist using black or grey-tactics to troll Scientology then he can just say so.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Anonymous Member

Yeah, get your ethics in Roland!!

LOL
  32. Anonymous Member

Okay, posts quoted seem to frame a legit question: is there a way to deal with the problem of stress tests without misrepresentation on the part of activists, or is it true that OP's way is the only option? Why?

Or is it just more interesting to slap each other around?
  33. RolandRB Member

I could report advertising deception perpetrated on my own person with a clear conscience. I could also swear on the Holy Bible that I have received an electric shock from an e-meter.
  34. Anonymous Member

Let's see your legal credentials.
  35. xenubarb Member

Are you still rambling about sitting at a stress test without stress? EVERYONE HAS STRESS! So FOAD with your nonsense. It's not even marginally relevant.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

You're a troll.
  37. Anonymous Member

Nope.
  38. Anonymous Member

One does not need to be defrauded for the first time to report fraud.
    Obviously you are a "fraud virgin" and an uninformed one, to boot.

also: cocks
  39. Anonymous Member

YOU"RE ON DRUGS, AREN'T YOU?!?
  40. Kanonimus Member

I think this is similar/equal to the scientological concept of telling an "acceptable truth".

Which begs the question: acceptable to whom?