Customize

Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by JohnSmith, Feb 17, 2008.

1. JohnSmith Member

Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

First up is EVERY SUNDAY! Here is the original post:
    12 it is. Powell St. BART.

Bring materials. Masks optional, hat/sunglasses STRONGLY recommended.
  2. Re: Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

Thank you. I will now inform fellow SF anon about this (god dammit, I hope to be up there next weekend from socal.).
  3. Re: Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

I’m in. Bringing supplies.
  4. MexAnon Member

Re: Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

I'm down for next sunday. I'm also scouting local malls for "STRESS TESTS". I saw one in Newpark Mall, but it's no longer there.
  5. JohnSmith Member

There's a Dianetics display at the Great Mall in Milpitas.
  6. MexAnon Member

Looks like I'll be going to the Great Mall this week :twisted:
  7. AnonKiwi Member

Results???? :guyfawkes:
  8. JohnSmith Member

None as of yet.
  9. Re: Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

Wait until next Sunday. Anonymous shall rise again.

10. MexAnon Member

How many people are down for this?

I know I am. Woop.
  11. Re: Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

+3 anons including myself here.

Shit, if the headcount turns out to be 20 anons total, we've outnumbered the fuckers twofold already. heeheehee... :twisted:

12. Freeologist Member

Anybody down to protest the Berkeley church sometime before the 15th?

Even if its just handing out fliers, I think we should be sure to make our presense known there.
  13. Re: Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

i live next to milpitas...which one needs more support..great mall or the bart station?
  14. MexAnon Member

BART station definately. It's not a bad idea to put up flyers in The Great Mall though
  15. MexAnon Member

So we'll just hand out the flyers at the BART station. Hopefully they'll be set up.
  16. Re: Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

Ooooo! Idea! We should flyer our umbrellas with big "Expect Us. 3/15" protest signs then just fold them up for a quick hide-away. LOL.

17. Re: Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

That's not a bad idea.
  18. Re: Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

Oh. I posted this on Off Topic but it's regarding fedora hats: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4302
  19. SanFranAnon Member

It's not just on Sundays. 2 other anons and I did this on a Saturday, and fliered the shit out of people. We were there for about an hour and a half, passed out 400 fliers. :anon:

You know.... looking at those pics... they have bolstered their numbers since last time I fliered them. When I was there on Feb 2nd, Only 3 or 4 Scions were there.... seems they have brough reinforcements since then.
  20. SanFranAnon Member

Also, keep in mind, this weekend is Wondercon at the Moscone Center. It's a comic book/pop culture convention. Do you know what that means? It means tons of people in masks and superhero costumes. Should any Scions try to mess with you and try to follow you, head to Wondercon, and use the others in costume to your advantage.
    :guyfawkes:
    :anon:
  21. MexAnon Member

I have to way of getting a suit, but I do have a snazzy black dress hirt and slacks!
  22. Re: Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

HAY GUISE! I just bought 25 of those $1.00 fedora hats! BWAHAHAHAHAHHA! If you want one from me at the SF March 15 rally, just pay me cost for this ($1.08 or if you're feeling generous $1.10). Sure it's the cheap foamy/felt shit but what do you expect for $1.00? At least the inside is lined and it's made of sturdy material.

23. number 6 Member

Now if you pass out fliers to people, do you need to get a permit from BART police to do so?

Also, I think this is a good idea: we should hand out this flyer like the weekend before March 15th at the BART stations which have Scientology set ups:

March-15-Poster.jpg.gif

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa286/kuffarjahideen/March-15-Poster.jpg
  24. Re: Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

OMG, hahahhahahaha that's the best flier ever.... any idea how it look printed on black and white? I'll bring a butt load of them.
  25. number 6 Member

It should come out okay in B and W. I don't have access to a color printer (at least one that is free anyway) so BW is all I can work with.
  26. Re: Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

I don't think the "March 15" part will come out well... anything you can do with that? I can edit it on my free time but I rather just have something that works.
  27. SanFranAnon Member

Not that I know of. The Scions tried to get the cops on us, but the cops told us we could hand out fliers as long as we didn't block the entrances.
  28. Re: Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

You don't need a permit as long as you don't block entry. If our numbers get too big we'll have to move people out onto the streets. I say we hit Bart.. if we block entry move some up next to each of the entryways. If I’m correct there are 3 of them. One in front of gap, next the 5th street and one near 4th and market.
  29. number 6 Member

No it came out pretty good.
  30. Re: Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

Oh hai, kthxbi!
  31. MexAnon Member

I'll bring a few of those flyers too.
  32. WonderCon Freebie/Flyer Table?

Does WonderCon have a freebie/flyer table? Most conventions have one. If they do, how's about we drop a couple of thousand?
  33. everanonymous Member

march15posterbwda9.jpg

grayscale in photoshop. :-D
  34. justsomeanon Member

Hey Anon,
    Here is the idea: We outclass the Scientology's "Free Stress Test" tabels with our OWN BOOTH!
    I work for a trade show/exhibit rental company, so I can get us some professional looking equipment. Imagine this, on one side of the bart station is the Scilons flimsy crappy table. But on our side, a 10x10 Drapped booth, with covered table, professional signs, the area could be carpeted, fuck I'll even bring a fake plant.
    Suddenly Anonymous looks like the professionals.
    I'm thinking of making up some signs: Knowledge is Free, The Truth about Scientology, or Free Truth and maybe a big sign of the Anon Seal.

What Needs to get done to make this happen:
    I need the exact location of a Sci table. What station, where in the terminal are they, is there a spot I could set up in?
    I'm going into the city tomorrow and if I get the location ahead of time I'll scoop out a good spot.

Permission. After I find out where we are gonna be I will most likely need to contact bart or the police to see if we can do this.

I'll also need at least 1 person to help me set up. If more people come they could pass out flyers.

Thoughts?
  35. JohnSmith Member

As cool as it would be to double up what megaphonebitch is doing Saturday, for that we would most likely need to have a permit.
  36. Re: Mini - SF Bay Area Protests

says on the site permit must be submitted at least 7 days prior
  37. AnonKiwi Member

Do it next time! And throw in a free sex test as well - or some parody of the Personality test. Especially if you can fake a mind reading device complete with beeps and whistles and whatnot. Awesome!
  38. Re: WonderCon Freebie/Flyer Table?

Fail lone gunman anon is fail. I went to WonderCon to discover that they don't have an outside flyer table (9:30 AM Sat) but there is one INSIDE the show itself (need a badge). I don't have a badge so if there is an anon out there who has a WC badge, have at it.

As of 10:00 AM Sat, no Scilons in the Powell St. BART station.

39. JohnSmith Member

Re: WonderCon Freebie/Flyer Table?

Seems like they gather on Sundays. I'll be at the Powell st station at noon tomorrow. If they're not there I may go hunting for them. :twisted: