Customize

"Message to Scientology" Removed from youtube.

Discussion in 'Media' started by Aenema, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aenema Member

"Message to Scientology" Removed from youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbKv9yiLiQ

I see...

To be more clear, the other two remaining videos are still viewable:http://www.youtube.com/user/Church0fScientology

[mod edit: This post is now stickied.
    Also: http://www.keepvid.com will allow you to download the .flv file which you can then reupload. And reupload and reupload and reupload! :rage:
    Also, also: http://www.afrid.com/download.php?file= ... 0770deb332 to download the file without having to find a good one on YouTube first - mascaria ]
  2. r00tdenied Member

Re: "Message to Scientology" Removed from youtube.

Was that the one with 2.3 million views?
  3. zorflax Member

W...T...F... Unfortunately this was the 2 million view one. I am beyond pissed right now.
  4. Aenema Member

Was up to 2.4. But yeah :(
  5. UTANON Member

That is so......gawd I am so pissed off right now.

Adding to fuel to the fire there Scientology! :evil:
  6. r00tdenied Member

You know at first I believed this youtube censorship crap was tinfoil hattery conspiracy theory. Now. . .well not so much.
  7. Anon3434 Member

Aye.

This has really pissed me off. When they pulled the orginal cruise video at least they had some half assed excuse of apprant copyright.

I'm uploading it again, fucking you tube.
  8. Amomynous Member

"This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

:shock:
  9. Anon123456 Member

be uploading people.
  10. Someone needs to wake Youtube up and tell them they're not the Internet. This is going to hurt them more than it'll hurt us.

Has anyone uploaded it straight to Google Vid?
  11. LAnon Member

There was nothing in that video that should have gotten it removed. This is now a way bigger deal than it was when they were just "freezing view counts." This is censorship on a HUGE scale.
  12. Missing_No. Member

Should we spam youtube with copies of the video?
  13. UTANON Member

I support this idea. You can take the video down a million times but we will just keep posting it.
  14. We need to spam Youtube with loads of Ides of March videos as well. Been tempted to make one for a while, but all I have is Flash 8...
  15. anon2600 Member

YES!!

if you can recompress it as well to give it a different sizes/hash make it AS HARD AS POSSIBLE to automatically remove it
  16. Anonymuzs Member

Once it's back up I'll be taking a copy and uploading it myself also. I'll probably start to do the same with the other 'major' releases just in case.
  17. Daywatch Member

yes?

OK I am beginning to think this is not so tinfoil hat anymore...
  18. rapterj3sus Member

I believe that is the best course of action.

I hope a lot of people saved it / would make it available for others to upload
  19. Aut0mati0n Member

I would like to know why it was removed before we start spamming it back up on the site.
    If there's a legitimate reason it was taken down, putting it back up probably isn't the best idea. We should probably put together a response video to the event after we find out why it's not there anymore.
  20. Anon3434 Member

21. UTANON Member

Yay for re-upload.
  22. Iranonymous Member

was the background noise and music copyrighted.. thats the only way I can think it violated anything:confused:
  23. UTANON Member

The only thing I could find in there ToS is :
    "We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. But we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity)."

Maybe they considered it hate speech?
  24. Anon3434 Member

I've heard rumors it was pulled because of the account name. Though the other vids by churchofscientology are still up as far as I can see.
  25. Amomynous Member

Any tips on saving/uploading the vid?

I have no idea how this works...

I agree it would be good to get more information about this, though.
  26. This is rediculous.
  27. miltownkid Member

28. Anon3434 Member

Simple as..

Goto http://keepvid.com/

Enter in the Vids Url. Download as a .flv

then either use that to upload or download an encoder such as http://www.rivavx.com/?encoder to convert it to a differnt format.
  29. Unaware Member

I think this is Digg.com worthy. Is it on there yet?
  30. UTANON Member

31. miltownkid Member

I might as well add:

I'm going to mail them and ask for good measure. But there really isn't anything to complain about. It seems to be written in a way that allows Youtube to do what they want, when they want. I personally think it was because of gaming...
  32. Sommy Nona Member

We should try out other media hosting sights, like dailymotion.com
  33. Anon3434 Member

Would at least be nice to find out why.
  34. I and several others have also uploaded it to google video. Hopefully the parent company lives up to it's motto of "Do no evil."
  35. miltownkid Member

Indeed. I'll try to see if I can get an answer...

I'll also add that that video was titled "Message to Scientology" as opposed to "Message to The Church of Scientology." Small edit, big difference (if you know what I'm saying.)
  36. Spot Member

digg article buried by scions
  37. Unaware Member

38. Nekromantik Member

Nah. It was probably the disability thing. After all, the $cis *are* mentally disabled! ;-)
  39. miltownkid Member

Message sent:

40. sudopod Member

This only makes my rage larger and my cock harder.

They will soon learn that the internet never forgets. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.