Customize

**MEMPHIS, TN** protest planning

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by JackHandey, Jul 19, 2009.

1. JackHandey Member

**MEMPHIS, TN** protest planning

Hello,
    I would like to find some people to congregate here in Memphis at the Church's site in Collierville. I have a group of friends who would like to participate. I was thinking we could start days prior by distributing literature against the CoS at the mall in Collierville. Any ideas? Contributions?
    Peace and better living through chemistry,
    JackHandey
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: **MEMPHIS, TN** protest planning

Finally, some Tennessee protesters! Glad to hear that someone is finally doing something in TN. Good luck with your protesting. Try not to fail. I heard there were some Nashanons a while back, dunno what happened to them. Nobody cares though, so it's okay.
  3. JackHandey Member

Well, while I am not a Bible thumper and really don't allow my brain to be storage space for any God or government, I was thinking I could get the help of some friends at Bellevue Baptist, which is the largest church in the area. IF I could get their support in this, it could be HUGE.
  4. Anonymous Member

Do eet!
  5. Anonymous Member

cdurp.jpg
  6. lokimotion Member

Welcome aboard. Might I suggest that since Priscilla and Lisa Marie are members of Co$, Graceland is a viable target for a protest from time to time.

Wow, my sarcasm detector just went off.
  7. JackHandey Member

Um... yea... about protesting at Graceland... yea... I can tell you've never been to Memphis. It's okay, I don't blame you. It's the armpit of society and culture in this country. Well, maybe we're a few steps ahead of Detroit and DC... In any event, Elvis lives in the HOOD. I don't think a protest there would have much appeal or impact on the poor geriatric tourists that go to Graceland. Also another way to tell someone is from Memphis or not... There does not exist a Memphian who goes to Graceland and sees the inside of it. We have better things to do than to see where the 70s died a block away from where we could score some good heroin. It's so bad, and so few people have money to scam off of here, I don't know why even the Co$ is here.
    Go Memphis!
  8. lokimotion Member

Ah, I see. I've visited Memphis once, but that was when I was a kid. The folks never wanted to stop at Graceland. Scrap that idea then.
  9. Elbynonamous Member

There were some Memphanons WAYYYY back in the day, but when their org packed up and moved to... Collierville, I think?... anyway, they dropped off the face of the planet. Shame, too... I had a few conversations with them about joining us in Nashville, and they were pretty cool.

Anyway, good luck!
  10. ObamAnon Member

Dragons own the Internetz! ;-)
  11. JackHandey Member

Seriously though, I was hoping to meet some Memphians. I want to start up a chapter here in Memphis.
  12. TinyDancer Member

You ARE the Memphis chapter. ;)

Good luck.
  13. JackHandey Member

Well, if I'm the only one, I can handle that, but... does anyone have any templates they have used for flyers; something like that? Yes, I know I could make my own, but I'm not the most visually creative person around.
    Peace, Love, and all that jazz,
    JH
  14. ObamAnon Member

Look at it this way:

You are an army of ONE

Seriously, what about U of M? Can you recruit there?
  15. ObamAnon Member

16. grokitt2 Member

There was a Memphis guy who did a solo raid of LEAP/ABLE in October. No activity here since November, but you might try shooting him an email (if he used one he checks to register). I didn't see anyone else in the threads about memphis that's had any activity since December, and that dude was the only one with an email contact that I saw.

Why We Protest | Activism Forum - View Profile: Flack
  17. Flack Member

The old church on Central Ave. is still owned by the Slaughters (remember Lisa McPherson). The house is still listed "for religious purposes" on the county books. Also no mask are allowed in collierville.
  18. JackHandey Member

what do you mean no masks allowed in collierville? like... you can't wear a mask at the outdoor mall?
  19. twistedpuppet Member

I think it's a city ordinance thing.
  20. Flack Member

It's a city ordinance thing. The cops did say they would arrest violators.
  21. Flack Member

Do not mean to scare you off from protesting...
  22. Anonymous Member

When is next protest/raid and were will it be :D
  23. JackHandey Member

I was thinking next weekend or weekend after next. How can we though, if we can't wear masks?
  24. juche Member

Sunglasses.
  25. JackHandey Member

So I'm bipolar and I take meds and heavily promote the science of psychiatry. What if we wore scrubs, with the surgical caps and a medical mask. We could pass out flyers focusing on CoS's whack medical beliefs; you kow, really focus on the "medical" approach If the police harass us about masks we can say:

What if we say we're wearing them to protect ourselves from the swine flu? One of the few documented cases of swine flu was in Collierville, TN. Also malls are one of the places with the greatest density of people and a breeding ground for bacteria and virii.

Thoughts?
  26. ethercat Member

A wig, makeup, clothes you'd never wear in your day-to-day life, or do like we do in Atlanta, Greensboro, New York (and other places) and just don't worry about it (which depends on your personal situation, of course).

Check your local laws, maybe go have a talk with the local police about it.
  27. JackHandey Member

I'm 6'4", have been on national television, walk with a limp, and am currently employed by the federal government, a division of which Co$ infiltrated some years back. Keeping my anonymity is a *MUST*.
  28. Re: **MEMPHIS, TN** protest planning

I do want to be a part of this...

send me a private message on the forums.
  29. BishopFawkes Member

Jack Handey,

I and maybe a few of my friends would be interested in a bit of protesting. Shoot me an e-mail.

Oh and, yeah Graceland, BAD IDEA !!!
  30. Anonymous Member

Then ur doinitwrong.
  31. BishopFawkes Member

Does the law say anything about makeup? I'm thinkin, go to MR Lincolns costume shop on Overton Square and get some fake mustaches and little beards, like the ones on the Fawkes mask. And a fidora from, ida know, somewhere.
  32. Flack Member

At one of our protest one Anon said that the Co$ had a table set up at "the Big One" flea market. I have not been, but it might be worth checking out. We also had geat success walking through the Beale st./Fed-Ex forum area handing out flyers. All kinds of tour buses and people wanting their photo with Anons.
  33. AnonFWT Member

That sounds awesome.

Hi, another Memphisfag, and newfag, here. I've kinda sorta been involved with Project Greenwave, but have recently learned (and still researching) about Anonymous, Scientology, and Chanology; I like what this is about.

I recently learned about the Memphis locations and heard about a past raid at the Collierville location in which some Anons did donuts on the lawn of the Scilon church. Let's not have fail like that occur.
  34. AnonMem Member

I'm in Memphis and am interested in seeing how I can help.
  35. AnonFWT Member

I haven't heard of that Mr Lincolns shop, but I know that there is a hat shop in one of the strip malls at Highland and Poplar. They sell a variety of fedoras. Does anyone know where in Memphis we could find some (cheap) suits like what many Anons wear?
    Also, I think that recruiting Bellvue would be a great idea. It's a mega-church, and if we have them on our side we could have an army. Getting them to raeg over Scientology probably wouldn't be to difficult. The question is, would we want to form our group first, do some protest and form a good repuation, then recruit them; or amass an army of Bellvue anons then have a raid?
  36. ravenanon Member

Along time ago this was used:Midsouth Anon - This forum is for planning protests and sharing ideas.

Anon Angle is very cool. not sure if she is still around.

Talk to the local police about what you can and can not wear. Even though ATL does not wear masks many of us are pretty creative. I still don't recognize some month to month. You would be amazed at what a wig, face paint and sunglasses can do.
  37. Flack Member

This was at the the mission on Central before they closed it down and it was NOT an Anon that did the donuts although it was funny as shit. It was while the protest was going on and some random guy did it. We have never gone to the collierville dianetic center I say that because I don't even know if its even a mission. It is above a Quackopractors office in an industrial park.
  38. AnonFWT Member

I see. So are you saying that it isn't possible to protest it? I looked at it on Googlemaps, and it seems to be in some kind of plaza. Either way, we want to completely drive them out of M-town, no?
    I guess some good ideas for raids would be to protest at the Collierville location, and do it old-school and walk around Beale handing out info.
    I noticed that some gas stations sell hats for cheap, less than the place I suggested. We could get other costume accessories at Party City and whatnot.
    Also, are my fellow MemphAnons still here?
  39. Thugnificen Member

I have never before been involved with Anon but I have been protesting Scientology in Memphis for years, since the days of usenet and operation clambake.. been out of it lately due to severe health problems.

Anyone remember the anti-Scientology ads in the Daily Helmsman (U of M newspaper) a few years ago? That was me. :)
  40. KidIcarus Member

I just joined Anon. I'm really excited about this and I want to help. Thanks for getting this started, Jack.

Let me know how I can help. I'm a Master's educated slacker with no job and too much free time. I'm creative and I've got a few ideas on how we can make this fun.

Before I heard about Anon, I had this crazy idea consisting of:

1) Going to Beale dressed up as a Thetan (whatever the hell they look like)

2) "Preaching the Gospel" i.e. sarcasticacally proclaiming the virtues of scientology while fervently warning all "non-believers" of the consequences if they don't hand over their credit cards and submit to an audit immediately.

Thugnificen, I am very impressed with your work on the Helmsman ads.

I suggest we at least get a Memephis Flyer reporter on the scene for the event. We're gonna have to get creative to make it funny enough to be newsworthy. And we’ll need a critical mass of people. I’m thinking at least 50.

Mid-Town and/or the UofM and other colleges might be our best bets for recruiting.

Let me know what I can do to make this happen.