Customize

Megathread for posting pictures of plants, spies, and PI's?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Hieronymous, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Hieronymous Member

Megathread for posting pictures of plants, spies, and PI's?

There was talk at other boards about having a dumping ground for pictures of spies, taken at events like 2/10. I have yet to see one like that on enturb and was wondering if it would be appropriate. I know there was a website link that had a list of known offenders as well as their location and dates of appearance etc.

It would seem Wall of Shame is most appropriate right now, but I was thinking we should maybe have a sticky thread somewhere prominent, perhaps announcements or whatnot. Then of course there is the question of how we keep it localized...
  2. rasputin Member

Re: Megathread for posting pictures of plants, spies, and PI's?

I have serious reservations about this tbh. I remember after the 10th checking out the photos and videos of the picket and saw at least four people, known to me personally, wrongly tagged as Scientologist plants without any evidence given. this is seriously damaging, particularly given the levels of paranoia around here.

if there could be some strict monitoring with the requirement to provide proof, if not immediately then within a set period, it could be a good idea. another possibility would be to, if possible, link names to the photos.

that being said, this does have the potential to be spun by the CoS as a RedWatch-style "hit list." not necessarily a reason to go against it as few take them seriously, but something to consider.
  3. Enux Member

4. Aik Member

5. Hieronymous Member

Understood, I think we should have strict rules of engagement to avoid false positives and discourage harassment against individuals, if you are unsure of their status, maybe black bar their faces a bit. By absolutely sure I mean, the guy has a scientology tattoo (literally I spotted a guy at the LA 2/10) or is clearly hostile/confrontational.

The link Enux provided was the one I was talking about, but the problem of course is it's pretty broad, spans a pretty lengthy time period, and is not exactly "open source"

I just figure, if people have their suspicions they are going to post pics anyway, at least this way we will have a centralized place for it where hopefully we can differentiate between "knowns" and "unknowns"
  6. ZOOMzoom Member

Re: say hi to Kirsten Caetano

HAI KIRSTEN, WE LUB YOU :D
  7. AnonSoul Member

lots of broken image links or were they taken down from their source?
  8. Hieronymous Member

Well, I wasn't suggesting this be the actual thread, considering it's tucked away in the Think Tank, less people are likely to see it...
  9. TakeAnonMe Member

If someone is interested in helping maintain a wiki, I think this would be a great use for seaorg.info !
  10. thomas Member

11. rasputin Member

cheers for clarifying, particularly the last bit - it would be good to have somewhere you can go if you're suspicious about someone and have your suspicions confirmed or denied as appropriate. so yeah - done right, this could def. be useful.