Customize

Meanwhile, Ecuador prepares to extradite a blogger it offered asylum in 2008.

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Archer, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Archer Member

Full article here, edited version on this post due to copyrights: http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021160482
  2. Ann O'Nymous Member

3. Herro Member

Ecuador grants asylum, leader shows up to make trade deals, Ecuador revokes asylum. Intadesting.
  4. Archer Member

5. Ann O'Nymous Member

I mentioned the TOR mainly to show its a tool for US democratic party.
  6. grebe Member

Whoever the people are running Democratic Underground, they certainly do not like the current Republican agenda. However, I doubt the web site is run by the Democratic National Committee or "DNC."
  7. Ann O'Nymous Member

8. grebe Member

It is a subtle distinction: a group of people freaked by the Dominionists and NeoCons who presently dominate the Republican party verses the DNC. From your spot in a happy little European country, I'm not sure the distinction matters. But here, I think, there are many Republicans who can't stand the religious right and so are forced to "vote their conscience."

Notice that the argument being made is pragmatic rather than ideological --i.e., even if you hate the Democrat don't vote for the Independent as that will allow the insane Republican person to win.
  9. Archer Member

The facts remain though, regardless of source, you can double check it as I did.
  10. Ann O'Nymous Member

Sorry, I miss the connection between what you say and the present discussion.
    I did too. No problem with that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Barankov

Based on what is written there, I came to the hypothesis that Belarus applied again for extradition and, as part of the process, he was arrested again, like in 2010.
  11. grebe Member

I think I missed your point. "Tool of" implies "sockpuppet," and I think that's what you meant. But for whom? The DNC specifically? Perhaps you meant more generally the United States government. If so, that would be a mistake. The Democratic Underground sympathizes with Julian Assange while the US wants to lock him up.