Customize

May 3 Hug Raid - Melbourne, AUS

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by thebluemage, Apr 14, 2008.

1. slmanic Member

Re: May 3 Hug Raid - Melbourne, AUS

No worries! It's been fun. Learning about enamel paint is a bitch though, hahah.

:( meanies. They probably could use a hug or two too.
  2. thebluemage Member

Yeah, we're bypasssing our old buddies this time. Although if someone happens to get lost and accidentally find themselves there, what can be done?

Also, I'll be posting up the usual map on both the OP and the wiki when my computer stops chucking a shitfit at me
  3. slmanic Member

thebluemage can I pinch some flyers off you too? (or anyone for that matter). I'll give you a free hug! Or not, whichever you prefer.
  4. thebluemage Member

It's why I print off so much. I don't expect to be able to hand out >1000 fliers on my own. I'll take the free hug anyway though.

Oh, and you guys don't have to keep adding the 'the' prefix in my name. I'm sure I'll know you're referring to me when you type 'bluemage'
  5. slmanic Member

I copypasted, not my fault =P I can barely type coherently.
  6. Wrathlon Member

They wont hug us cause they might catch our thetans ;_;
  7. exanon Member

:p

My pile of thingys looks crap compared to you guys. :p
  8. thebluemage Member

Well, I've posted a map up on the OP [strike]and the wiki[/strike] (I would've if my computer wasn't so fail) for us to use. Have a look.

Here's a few protips:

* Melbourne Central can be used as a secondary escape point. for those who are at the far end of the walk and don't want to hit the pub (if we do hit one)
    * Take advantage of the full length of Swanston Street. As you can see, we have a pretty large area to use, and I'll be there early scouting out the best places to set up.
    * If anyone is bringing a microphone/megaphone, please see me. Although I have a wonderfully loud voice, I'm still only human.
    * Try to avoid Bourke Street Mall until about 3:30-4:00. There's something going on there apparently, so until that clears out, steer clear. Again, I'll be there to scout it out briefly at the start, so expect to see me heading back to the steps at about 1:40.

Lets make sure that epic raid will indeed be epic.

Don't worry exanon. Any fliers are better than none. Besides, yours are the tl;dr versions that are for detailed reading
  9. slmanic Member

Shirt, sign and masks completed!

erhowaboutno, I hope it's to your liking. I'm thinking that I should have written the lower part in a different colour but oh well. What's done is done.
  10. erhowboutno Member

Awww thanks so much for making me a sign ^.^ I really appreciate it. It looks great.

Lovely shirt! I'll know how to recognise you tomorrow.
  11. slmanic Member

Yep! It's a billion sizes too big it shouldn't be hard to miss. I'll probably be fighting with it
  12. erhowboutno Member

I'm actually really excited about tomorrow.

It's a warm and fuzzier protest and we're going to get a lot of public interaction. I think the attention whore inside of me is the most excited.
  13. thebluemage Member

Your masks have reminded me that I have to do mine up as well.

So I'll have a few Free Hugs dusts masks to hand out tomorrow as well.

Good job on the sign and shirt
  14. ROADKILL Member

Might be dropping in to say hi and get me some hugs tomorrow (if not end up ditching my entire day and joining you guys should there be enough time.) so keep an eye out for me. Look for the redhead with the black hat and white coat. ;)
  15. erhowboutno Member

ohfuckohfuckohfuck.

My friends 'tested' me to see if I was going to the raid tomorrow. They asked me to go do something with them, and I said I couldn't because I was hanging out with my friend (Half true, because she's coming with me) then one mentioned about the hug raid. I said I probably wouldn't be going and we're just going to hang out. One friend was trying to come off supportive but was subtly telling me I was being a bad person "Go! I mean...these things aren't everyday right? And we're just...always here yeah?" and one was like "just protest." and left the MSN convo.

I didn't directly tell them about the protest because 1. I wanna stay 'anonymous' and 2. they told me to stop talking about them.

FFS they have no right to be angry at me. Just because they don't agree with Anonymous doesn't mean I have to stop protesting. I've been on walking on eggshells to please them and attempt to save the friendship, and if they can't accept the fact I'm protesting as Anonymous, then they aren't accepting a piece of me. I'm ready to give up.
  16. thebluemage Member

I hate to sound harsh, but i always do when I say this.

Fuck'em

If they can't handle the fact that you strongly believe in a cause, and they're the ones being incapable of understanding, it's their loss. A true friend is going to turn around and support you regardless.

Holy shit, I sounded so Scifag as I read it back in my own voice. I almost deleted this because of that fact too. But they're putting themselves above you (still sounding Scifaggy.)

See, this is what happens when i get cranky and revert to my 'misanthropic elitist asshole' form. I sound like a scifag if I'm not careful.

I hope that Anon doesn't cost you friends, and honestly, I'd understand you not coming to future raids because of it. But they're pulling a guilt trip on you, and I hate it when people do that. We're fighting something serious here, bigger than you, or me, or them, or anyone. This isn't some fad, some passing trend that we've jumped on because it's cool. If I had friends who couldn't spot that fact already, I'd wonder why we were still friends
  17. erhowboutno Member

You're absolutely right.

The reason why I'm coming crying on here and being on emo on here instead of to them, is because if their friendship is going to be me cowarding to them, and agreeing with what they believe in, why's it worth it?

It's like an athiest disagreeing with Christianity. They may not follow it, but it doesn't mean they don't respect other people's beliefs. Hell, I'll even say it's like Anonymous and Scientology. My friends may not follow Anonymous, but hey we'll have our opinions and leave it at that.

I hate to sound like someone who puts this before their friends, but I'd rather be out at a raid, eating caek and fighting something that shapes up the world and having fun, than being with them and know what I'm missing out on.

I'm sorry to everyone to come here and be emo on here, this just makes me feel better and makes me think of a balanced descision.
  18. ROADKILL Member

Oh dear god. I am definitely giving YOU a hug. I know exactly what this is like. Even just inviting some of my friends get's a "OH FUCKING HELL IS THAT ALL YOU TALK ABOUT HURR HURR OMG I WON THE GAME HURR HURR I'M GOING AGAINST THE GRAIN HURRR"

Really, if they're actually cracking the shits like that when you even tried to not mention it, fuck them, then. I hope they having fun paying for Scientology through taxes.

I'll be your friend. :3
  19. thebluemage Member

Shit, someone's been reading my mind. Stop it, ok? Those are my thoughts.

tl;dr version of this whole thing:

Friends come and go, but Anonymous has cake and win. You can't beat cake and win.
  20. erhowboutno Member

*blinks* This isn't what I was expecting. I was expecting "STFU AND HARDEN THE FUCK UP"

So when I see y'all tomorrow shall I come up and give you free hugs? Because you guys, fully derserve some =P
  21. thebluemage Member

Actually, I'd like to give your 'friends' a nice big 'Harden the fuck up'. They're the ones who need to get over themselves.
  22. slmanic Member

I agree with all of this!
    Erhowaboutno, count me in as an anonymous friend! Hugs for you! These protests are once a month (excluding this time). If they can't deal with making plans with you for the other days of the month then they're obviously not worth your time.

You're free to believe in whatever you want to believe in.
  23. erhowboutno Member

Yes, I owed you a hug already, so make that over 9000 now :D

...or perhaps however many I can fit in throughout the day.
  24. Re: May 3 Hug Raid - Melbourne, AUS

seeya tomorrow kids!
  25. erhowboutno Member

Kk update on this whole 'teenage drama bullshit' friends thing.

They confronted me about it. They won't just take 'Anonymous has nothing against Scientologists, just the way things are run' then gave me a 'other religions do it too so why won't you go after them as well?' speech.

Then they scowled at me for going to reconnect when I told them I wouldn't and then days before announced I was going.

Then one got angry at me for saying 'too common' about something, and now they won't talk to me?

Also one is accusing Anonymous of brainwashing me, Co$ style...lolwut.
  26. thebluemage Member

Simple: how many groups already go after the others? Everyone already knows about the crap other religions pull, who knew about Scientology before us? (widescale knowledge anyway)
  27. slmanic Member

Christ...
    I hate it when people pull the other religions thing. There's so many differences between what we're trying to do with Scientology.
    Oh well, some people just refuse to get it. What can ya do?

Stick with what you feel is right for you. Whether that be the protests or your friends.
  28. erhowboutno Member

Meh, if it wasn't Scientology it would be something else we'd end up fighting about :p

The only thing I'm really 'yikes'ing about is they were under the impression just because they told me not to go, I wasn't supposed to go and like, broke a rule and 'cheated' them.
  29. exanon Member

What religion sues for copyright and trademark infringement?
    What religion makes people pay to know their creation story?
    What religion harrasses their critics through frivolous law suits?
    What religion refers to their parishoners as 'customers'?
    What religion has an intelligence agency at all? Not to mention one that rivals the likes of the CIA (this from a former director of the FBI/CIA [one of the two])?

If you know enough about Scientology, you can easily refute those arguments. There is so much that is so much unlike a religion in Scientology. Bold for emphasis.
  30. Re: May 3 Hug Raid - Melbourne, AUS

this is probably truer than you realise. :( it sounds like it probably doesn't matter what you say or what you're doing; they're just being demanding assholes.

if they are true friends they will get the fuck over it.

tomorrow's weather is 'becoming fine' = i'd pack something umbrellalike anyway just in case. i'm sure i heard the weather man say today was going to be 'some showers' and nearly lost an eye in that fucking hail.
  31. thebluemage Member

Morning all. It's a beautiful day, and my bitch ass has been up for the past hour getting my shit ready.

Anyway, I'll be in early, wandering around the city, seemingly at random, but I'll be judging good places to set up our free hugs signs and flier people. If you think you see me (good luck with that seeing as I'll be acting like Joe Public and not Anon) come say hi.

Well, I'll see you all today at 2:00.
  32. erhowboutno Member

Hey all, today is a nice day!

Just apologising for my emo burst last night, and today I feel like a new person!

Can't wait to hug you all. I'll be leaving in about an hour to get ready, I love how slow paced I can be.
  33. Re: May 3 Hug Raid - Melbourne, AUS

ha, my 'plan for shitty weather' plan worked.

hugs are coming! see you guys soon (i am a chick with a camera)
  34. erhowboutno Member

Today was awesome.

I seriously love all you guys. We spread teh luv, and I loved seeing the bright happy kids hug us.

Gosh I feel like a loser, first home =P
  35. rastanon Member

Don't worry, I got home early as well, only due to my mother being a fucking nazi.
  36. erhowboutno Member

Yeah, same reason. Ahh the joys of still living at home.

I reckon the best parts of today were when people came up and would be like "Is this an Anonymous protest?" or when people would be like smugly to their friends "They call themselves Anonymous." lulz.
  37. rastanon Member

True, lulz!
  38. BowlerAnon Member

Rastanon, I love your sound system, and choice of tracks. <3
  39. Re: May 3 Hug Raid - Melbourne, AUS

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CAMERA

i suspect it it in the hands of some bogan but if y've seen:

- BLACK LOWEPRO BACKPACK
    - INSIDE IS A NIKON D50, TWO LENSES, AND SOME OTHER SHIT

Help a wigga out and send me a PM if it was luying about at the pub. Please, I'm fucking heartbroken here. Please.
  40. Wild_Tiger Member

Oh shit, poor mouse in the house. :(:( I am anon that walked with you to Flinders btw. :eek: