Customize

May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Ebeneezer_Goode, Apr 19, 2009.

?

What date would you like the main May raid to take place on?

2nd May 5 vote(s) 9.1%
9th May 5 vote(s) 9.1%
16th May 33 vote(s) 60.0%
23rd May 12 vote(s) 21.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

Date is 16 May 2009. Anonymous has spoken.

As it stands:

11am - Scientology H.Q
    Queen Victoria Street

Nearest Tube station is Blackfriars HOWEVER BLACKFRIARS IS CLOSED UNTIL 2011. Anons should go to St Paul's which is on the Central Line and walk down.

12pm - Dianetics Centre -- NOTE CHANGE OF TIME PLEASE!
    Tottenham Court Road

Anons will be walking en mass to this location, getting off at TCR Tube station.
    Police prefer people to use TCR to get to this location, but if you don't know how then Goodge Street Station, on the Northern Line, is right opposite the protest pen.

Theme for those of you who are uberfaggoty and demand a costume theme: Wild Wild West (End) - Steampunk/cowboys.

After 20:30 DEFINITELY MORE GLOWSTICK SHENANIGANS only BIGGER HARDER LONGER FASTER
  2. London - 2009

DATE: 16TH MAY (as voted for by you!)

As it stands, unless we decide otherwise:

11am - Scientology H.Q
    Queen Victoria Street

Nearest Tube station is Blackfriars HOWEVER BLACKFRIARS IS CLOSED UNTIL 2011. Anons should go to St Paul's which is on the Central Line and walk down.

12pm - Dianetics Centre
    Tottenham Court Road

Anons will be walking en mass to this location, getting off at TCR Tube station.
    Police prefer people to use TCR to get to this location, but if you don't know how then Goodge Street Station, on the Northern Line, is right opposite the protest pen.

Theme: Wild Wild West (End) - Steampunk/cowboys.
  3. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

Thanks mods.

Also I agree with maybe mixing things up regarding QVS, numbers there have dwindled considerably and I believe there is less of an impact as there was back in the ol' 300+ protester days, especially as public numbers are nowhere near as high as at TCR.

QVS might be good for another glowraid maybe, as having fuck off huge glowing banners off the top rails could be potential win.
  4. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

Our mods are a model of ruthless efficiency!

Seriously, I think we are allotting TOO MUCH of the day at QVS. I suggest altering the timetable for the day.

I don't think we should leave out QVS by any means, but the morning there is a lackluster way to begin the day. Surely they would be better served by intermittent party raids throughout the day?

Edit: YES WE SHOULD TRY GLOWING AT QVS, carpark rave for the win!
  5. Jables Member

re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

I agree with Ebeneezer. Sure, QVS shouldn't be cut out entirely, but it does tend to be the low point of the day. Maybe leave at 12ish?
  6. XanonX Member

I like what he said about having it throughout the day, maybe some can stay at TCR while others go back to QVS at a set time?

EDIT: 23rd is win. My last exam is on the 20th, so would be a cool way to celebrate.
  7. basil Member

In all honesty, numbers don't matter... it's been proven time and time again that a single anon can shut down an Org for hours at a time.
  8. XanonX Member

well ok fair enough, then how about having some organized set times during the day when an anon/s can go down to QVS?
  9. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

i say leave at 12, then go back after TCR raid for a hour or so, start and finish of the day in the same way
  10. XanonX Member

i like that idea
  11. Namenlos Member

Delicious Trap and I thought Steam Punk would be an awesome theme.

Perhaps go to QVS when we get moved on from TCR, then rave it up either there or back at TCR.
  12. XanonX Member

steampunk ftw.

i'm gonna buy a steam boy outfit:cool:
  13. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

Learn 2 theme

At least think of a fucking name for the theme that has something to do with something, not 'steampunk lol'
  14. Namenlos Member

I've just imagined a steam punk rave in my mind.
    I think I came a little >>
  15. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

steampunk.jpg
  16. XanonX Member

LOL'd
  17. Namenlos Member

Lol, where is that from? :D
  18. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

"Wild Wild West" (?)
    Its both Steam Punk and stars a Scilon(supporter?)
  19. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

While I'm thinking along these lines...
    "The Fresh Prince of OSA (High)" Could have potential for a theme worth saving for the July MegaRaid
  20. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

Is Tottenham Court Rd within the 'West End'?

Because I could go for WELCOME TO THE WILD WILD WEST END. :>
  21. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

I believe it is. (But only just)
  22. Panoptes Member

is the theme decided yet?

EDIT: 2nd FTW
  23. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

Personally I think the 2nd is too early, I'd say either the 16th or 23rd.
  24. An0nand0n Member

BTW, if anyone with more free time than me (read: any free time) wants to do the police liason stuff, send me a PM.
  25. Panoptes Member

I spose, the 2nd is in less than 2 weeks. Does anyone know when school half term is?
  26. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

"WILD WILD WEST end" sounds liek it could be cool for a theme.... steampunk/cowboys....

date... personally i am happy with the 16th,
    and the QVS question.... mini raid's could be good... moving it to after the TCR raid, also good... but srsly how much impact do we have there? (in comparison to TCR that is).
    a thought, rather than QVS/TCR how about CC/TCR.... the Celebrity Centre hasn't felt the force of Anon for some time...
  27. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

Yes exactly, and we'll never manage a 2000GET in two weeks.
    Regarding QVS I'll just say again, we may want to start the morning there but only spend an hour or so, go to TCR (with regular flashraids back to QVS?) and then do an afterdark raid there again.

Alternatively the celebrity centre is a good idea, I've never raided that before.

As for theming...so..... we dress up as cowboys? =D!
  28. basil Member

I seem to recall that, with the celebrity centre being in a residential area, there were problems the last time it was raided, due to over enthusiastic plod?
  29. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

They wouldn't let us raid masked at celebrity centre. ON HALLOWEEN.
  30. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

lets see how 'over-enthusiastic' they are after the inquiry over the 'internal bleeding' death from the 'over-enthusiastic' plod at G20...

Steampunk cowboys..... FTW
  31. Namenlos Member

Ok that is some MAJOR douchebaggery.

Steampunk cowboys...? Well it's definitely new!
    (Steampunk Indians, too...?)
  32. The Shadow Member

Steampunk boils my piss. My mate's steampunk, and he dresses in that style all the time. He's a fucking embarrassment. Also what annoys me is that the art of 'olden times having technology that shouldn't have existed in olden times' has been around for soooo fucking long, but only recently does someone come up with a douchebag term to describe it, in the process creating yet another movement for sad bastards with no lives. Everything before the term 'steampunk' was created suddenly gets labelled with it. Sorry, but I'm not having that. The concept was great, until douchebags spoiled it. You want to call everything AFTER the term was invented 'Steampunk', that's fine. Leave the old stuff untouched by your faggotry.

I still don't know if I'm coming in May, but you can fuck off if you think The Shadow is going 'steampunk'. (The Shadow stories were set in the 30s, 40s, and sometimes featured technology that was technically impossible for the time. Does that make it 'steampunk'? No)
  33. Namenlos Member

Lighten up Shads :)
    It's just a name for a new style that has recently come to prominence. If it hadn't been given a fresh name and look, many people still wouldn't know about it, and it's one of my favorite concepts now.
    Pity about your friend.
  34. The Shadow Member

I've seen some good examples of Steampunk Cylons etc, and also Daleks. I actually had an idea for a Doctor Who ep (this was before Davros came back in the new series) which would have explained what happened to Davros at the the end of 'Remembrance of the Daleks'. He was last seen ejecting from an Earth-orbiting mothership in an escape pod, in the 1960's. So I reasoned he would have presumably fallen to Earth, been found by some power mad bastard who would willingly help him (and obviously get betrayed down the line) and start churning out Daleks using 1960's components. Well, I thought it was a good idea.....

Of course, old RTD decided it was better to just bring Davros back with no mention of 'Remembrance', also no explanation of how he still had his original body (which he didn't have in 'Remembrance')
  35. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

/r/ and end to Shadow's scifi rants, PLEASE.
  36. Anon-007 Member

Ah, I finally get the delicious irony.

So "the Shadow" was a character in one of LRH's pulp fiction "worthless shit" collection of novels.

Makes a lot more sense now. Especially that 'gayish' Shadow look - totally in line with LRon's dress style ;)
  37. The Shadow Member

I'm going to pretend that I never read that, and direct you to: The Shadow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  38. re: May 16 - London England - main protest not Lolicon

hey, despite L R being an alcoholic and such, he did actually write amazing sci-fi books, my favourite sci-fi series (next to star wars and star trek) are his creation. and i really like that weird book about a 'religion' he decided to write...

as for shadows whineing, how about horror (even though that should be halloween, its like 5 months after and should be fine)
  39. Gentlemen Member

Shut the fuck up. I'm sorry a guy who once used the words steam punk fucked your mum but that's no reason to hate people for using the label, all it is, is a name. besides what does it matter I thought you were not turning up anyway.

also Walter B. Gibson said in 1981 that he saw the shadow as "an art deco punk odyssey". something has to be Victorian to be steam punk. dick.
  40. The Shadow Member

That was what I thought, and that's why I get pissed off. Non-Victorian stuff, getting classed as steampunk. Rage
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.