Customize

May 16-21 - WEST COAST RAID - Psych Convention SF

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by The Goddamn Pacman, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everanonymous Member

re: May 16-21 - WEST COAST RAID - Psych Convention SF

protip: bring something to hide your signs in when going to and from the raid. if they're poster board, plan to fold them up and stick in a bag. if they're foam core, might i suggest cutting the board in half on one side (leaving the other intact) and folding it and reinforcing the fold with some duct tape. i do this with all my foam core and it's a big help when carrying them around.
  2. LoyalOffizier Member

The scilons will only be doing exhibit setup on the first day in the rear of the venue. I'm not sure when they'll be tearing down.
  3. puck35 Member

Having just come off the CCHR@Concordia affair—which is what brought me to join your ranks, and which I consider a win in that it brought ridicule upon both the CCHR and the university, as well as got the October return of the CCHR exhibit canceled (we think)—I wish you all the best of luck. I wish I could be there, and will be obsessively following updates here.

I am bracing for epic win.
  4. moarxenu Member

Thanks, puck. Your enturbulation at Concordia was awesome. We will raid for great justice.
  5. puck35 Member

I can't wait for video. I'm totally raiding vicariously through you guys...
  6. re: May 16-21 - WEST COAST RAID - Psych Convention SF

Berry Berry interested to see how this shakes out.. should be some awesome footage and rAIDing....

PLUS should get good press from this.

Best of luck Westies...
  7. HellRazor Member

Bracing for epic win too! Wish I was there.
  8. Discrepant Member

To any anons who require lodging, I will take a very limited number of people in for Friday night at the Adante Hotel on Geary St. Reply with a method for me to contact you and we'll go from there. Thus far it looks like I'll have room for one or two more.
  9. Junta Member

GOOD LUCK I am waiting for video of epic win against the CCHR and the scifags.
  10. Ianon Member

I like this... will caek be had?
  11. re: May 16-21 - WEST COAST RAID - Psych Convention SF

Whoever wrote the article on 1888wordpress.com fucking well done.. Great read.. Kudos on calling out the Psych's to fucking stand up to the cult.. Seriously it's time the Psychiatrists and Psychologists and the Mental Health proffesion as a whole actually got some balls and defended itself.

Who wrote the article seriously... "did you evar know you're my "an Hero"?".. plz don't kill self.. great fucking job.
  12. NailsPDX Member

I don't remember if I've seen it or not,

Has this been posted on indybay?
  13. re: May 16-21 - WEST COAST RAID - Psych Convention SF

If refering to 1888etc. there's another thread specifically pertaining to this article I just found.. I am always a day behind sadly. BUT it does show up close to the top in a google search for Co$ , click news and then sort by date....

IF referening to something else plz disregard
  14. Anon1260 Member

You'll be locationfagged though.

anon1260
  15. Ogsonofgroo Member

Man me too!!!!

I'm liek a little kid knowings Santa is coming tomorrow (or somethin of that nature, am sure Mrs. Claus is happy too xp!)

Y'all stand tall! Stick together!

Be strong, smart, and safe!

And fer Dog's sake make sure ya have extra batteries fer the cams etc.!

Oh oh, small thot of probably no importance> If you folks know the route, then maybe consider some epic signage at the corners of approaching rabid mobs of scilons? Ie. some pre-thoughting out?
    ?
    Dunno.

Have a great time All!

Ogs
  16. Ramona Member

17. re: May 16-21 - WEST COAST RAID - Psych Convention SF

finally has internet again, will be there and will hopefully bring 3 more. so excited :D
  18. Anonymous Member

19. fotoanon Member

Would this still be necessary even if the anon was planning to throw the signs out afterwards?

I don't live in SF, and am not worried about the local scilons. Was there another reason to be careful?
  20. anonymous44 Member

Just a thought. For those arriving late, would it be possible to leave behind some chalk-tech to help them find wandering anons?

Oh and bracing for epic.
  21. Anonymous Member

perhaps a trail of caek crumbs for them to follow ;)

have fun everyone, and stay safe, wish I were there
  22. rawrz Member

If you arrive before 4pm, check the SF anon twitter to see where we are or what happend. If we are still there, then join us. SF scilons are pretty timid except for a few and are too scared of anons to talk to us. If you have a small group that arrives after the majority of us leave, then a small raid is probably best for you.
  23. Anon1720 Member

Holy crap am I excited about this one!!!!!!!

Best of luck everyone and stay safe.
  24. i'mglib Member

Posting in epic thread.
    Looking forward to epic videos.
  25. squid Member

i heard gossip other non-cult political groups might be there protesting against the psychfags along with CCHR. Anyone thought about what we do about them? Considering we may be caged in with them in the anti-Freezone-freezone? I say party.
  26. LoyalOffizier Member

The only other group I've heard of that will be protesting the APA gets there starting on the 17th.

Personally I totally support their freedom of speech to protest the APA and encourage them if they're intelligent about it. Criticism is part of the scientific method. Scientology's protests are about capitalistic greed, not science. They claim psychiatry is a pseudo-science WHILE they (1) automatically reject all criticism of what they do and (2) believe completely unsubstantiated claims that brainwashed alien souls infest our bodies and that, without them, we would never make mistakes, etc, etc. It's our job to make sure people see through Scientology's bullshit.
  27. LoyalOffizier Member

This is what they will be exhibiting.

28. tofuman Member

Good luck and Xenuspeed Anons.
  29. NailsPDX Member

T - 4 hours until a mass of entheta starts heading towards SF.

YEEHAW THEY SELL LIQUOR IN SUPERMARKETS IN CAL-EE-FORNYA
  30. re: May 16-21 - WEST COAST RAID - Psych Convention SF

Sorry for being quiet the last few days, I've been taking some well-needed time off to relax and prep myself for the busy day ahead.

I'm very thankful for all the help you guys have been doing to make this raid as epic as it's turning out to be (not to mention handle organizing while I was out), and I can't wait to get up there myself. I'm flying back into San Jose early tomorrow morning (but after the march starts, I'm afraid), stopping by home to pick up some things, and head back up into the city to help raid the exhibit and main protest. I've got about 100 fliers in a bundle with me, and some signs and musicboxx. Not much, but it'll help with one small contingent of Anons.

I can't wait to meet all you weird-ass foreigners, and to raid alongside. Stay frosty.

"Mike" and any other NW anons that have my anonny#: call me plz kthxbai?
  31. Zulas Member

im not sure if i can go.. my mom doesnt want to drive me up there and doesnt trust anyone to carpool, any suggestions to convice her otherwise? i really want to go
  32. Fagatron Member

What kind of horrible state do you live in?
  33. zebrafaced Member

BRAECING 4 EPIC

Wish I could be there. ):
  34. Anonymous Member

Tam excitatus sum ut omnes sex papillae mae pruriunt.

35. LilDebbie Member

hey guys, can i request daily headcounts of $cilon protesters which will then be put on xbox hueg signs informing the handful present how incredibly fucking downstat they are? cuz that would be awesome!
  36. Anonymous Member

Does Cal Train go from San Jose? If so, ride to the end of the line in SF. Right there, you will see the stop for the SF Muni street car; ride the "N" train to Powell Street (about 10 minutes). 50 cents for students.

37. Athene Member

Will be there to assist a Ph.D student with his research on cults and countergroups. :) I am happy to help your cause by posting whatever photos I take.

I'm an SF native, so am glad to help with directioning, etc. Yes, Caltrain runs from San Jose right to the intersection of 4th and King St. in the SOMA district. Cross to the east to catch the outbound N train.

And yes, there is a Safeway supermarket that sells liquor on that corner. ;)

The weather's expected to be sunny/low 80s, so wear sunscreen on any exposed parts.

If the $cis intend on marching to Justin Herman Plaza, this would be epic hilarity - there is a massive farmer's market at the Ferry Building on Saturdays that is always mobbed when it's nice out. They'll be making fools out of themselves in front of a lot of yuppies on psych meds. ;)
  38. Zulas Member

wow, 5 min. later on google map and that works perfectly! the station is a mile walk from the moscone center. btw how long will we be at the center? i dont want to go there and no one is there
  39. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

I hope you have the OT3-cannons loaded.
  40. rawrz Member

From 9am to about 4 or 6 pm ish. When the scilons move, we'll move too. Check the ferry building if no anons are at the moscone center when you arrive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.