Customize

Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Kha Khan, May 13, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

Scientology rapes the minds of children too!! I know a lady who says that a 2-year-old kid is a Scientologist, even though he cannot even say the word.
  2. themadhair Member

Do you know what the CMO is? Because if you do, and you ignored its relevance given that it involves getting recruits as young as possible (often children of SO), then there is no point talking to you.
  3. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

The poor child meets the delusion at birth with the silent crap. Then no emotions when crying or having accidents then pathetic touch assists (but at least they are getting human contact) and that's all before age 2.
  4. Anonymous Member

Still butthurt over being temporarily banned from ESMB? If so - so be it. But dont piss on the vast amount of evil done to children in the sea org for decades just because your too jaded to make any more positive contributions to ending the abuses.

Exkids have endured entirely too much cold hearted ignorance on top of the evil done them to also get it from the likes of a bitter OG critic who got his face bashed in while protesting and didnt have enough sense to walk away from the fight when he had nothing left to offer it.
  5. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

e9cglc.jpg
  6. Anonymous Member

First of all what are you some Valley Girl freakzoner with the "That's like just your opinion man." statement?

Second of all GOOGLE is your friend because if there wasn't FREEZONE abuse this following site would not exist:

Free Zone Survivors Association
  7. Anonymous Member

the_big_lebowski___jeff_bridges.jpg
  8. AnonKat Member

there are new freezoners now that never have been in the cult
  9. Anonymous Member

lol, that's an OSA site. It's about as reliable as religiousfreedomwatch. Nice try :)
  10. Random guy Member

I fundamentally agree with your analysis, and that is why I do not worry overly about the Freezoners. Freezoners is what you will invariably get when the mother cult is collapsing. A fair share of Xes are not able to throw the yoke right away, the brainfuck runs too deep. I think a number of them will remain slaves to Hubbards drivel until they die. However, with 99%+ of freezoners being X-CoS, the apparent attraction power of the Freezone to outsiders is very limited. Take out the mother cult itself, and the Freezone will slowly wither away as Xes wake up and leave or die of old age.

Luckily for us, scientology has mainly been practiced by a big, centralized, no-lulz self-important organization. That makes it a big, juicy target. Our main advantage is that bad press on the cult from one place is just as relevant on the opposite side of the globe. The Freezone on the other hand is any number of small, semi-organized groups. No central target or uniform principles there.

Fighting the Freezone would be impractical, but more importantly, it would be ethically dubious. Even though the insist on practicing a dangerous brainwashing, people are allowed to do as they please as long as they don't hurt others. That's my reason for staying on target and not get tangled in the freezone undergrowt.

To be pedantic, you can not claim that. It is impossible to prove a negative. What you can say is that you personally have never observed or heard about anyone being hurt by the tech in the Freezone. I have heard about some disconnection (=hurt in my book), but the damage in the Freezone certainly seem less rampant than in the CoS itself. I personally think this has to do with the loose organization having less ability to press home the mindfuck, rather than the Freezone tech somehow being more "benign" in itself.
  11. RolandRB Member

I know what the CMO is. I am an ex-member, for chrissakes. Yes, that is bad. Fucking with the minds of children is bad. But you put that down to Scientology but I put it down to being a child in a cult/religion. And I don't distinguish between cults and religions. To me, they are all the same. A "religion" is just a cult that got too big. They are both objectionable social diseases, as far as I am concerned. So back to your "point", there is no point in using a CMO ex-member as an example as the harm Scientology can do to a person because they are a special case of a child being brought up in a religion. They have had a lot more exposure. You would have a more convincing argument if you came up with examples of people who joined as adults and went barking mad. And as for children being fucked around with Christianity, then I grant they will not be as fucked up as a CMO member. However, there are a thousand times more fucked up Christians all damaged to some degree. Hence the greater evil.
  12. AnonKat Member

bahahahahaha it failed before it ever was anything
  13. themadhair Member

Good. Now why are you ignoring its relevancy?
    Maybe you should my posts more carefully. Scientology manages to combine the worst of the groups aspect with a doctrine that infests the very core of the human mind. Most cults just have the group aspect. See why one is worse than the other? And see why ignoring what I wrote doesn’t make it go away?
    Special case??? The CMO training is hard coded into policies so how the fuck can you try painting it as a special case? That is simply moronic.
  14. RolandRB Member

You should lurk more because on more than one occasion I have pointed out that it would be an easy matter for ex-Sea Org kids to claim compensation for the hours they have worked in the Sea Org. They will have worked a huge number of hours for many years and at minimum wage they will be entitled to a quarter of a million dollars or more. That's enough to give them a chance to rebuild their lives. And if enough of them take legal action then the cult/religion of Scietology will be destroyed through drainage of funds.

As for ESMB, at the moment it has turned into a forum for the crowing congratulations of the fuck-up that is going on in Australia. There, there is a real risk of losing the good law that has been suggested (and already exists in the UK) through the momentum of anti-Scientology sentiment. And what is more surprising is the stupidity of these antipodeans in thinking that their inquiry will result in the end of abuses in their country. Lill' Nap' might send the lot of them over to the US and it won't be just ten days or ten weeks on the RPF for them, it will be more like ten years. And how anyone judges progress of the fight against Scientology with the holding of a government inquiry just makes me drop my jaw in disbelief. ESMB has gone collectively mad for the time being and I am glad I do not have to waste my intelligence and insight in that forum at the present time.

Oh, and BTW, well done for your dead-agenting effort. You must have been well trained. Keep it up!
  15. RolandRB Member

16. Sponge Member

Post source for this "mutual agreement" or gtfo (and I don't mean a link some other OG critic's assertion). Sick of hearing it being bandied around without proof of what such a thing contains and what official government document or court ruling shows it.
    Seriously. Everyone keeps on going on about it but nobody can seem to explain it.
    Are you talking about a standard tax treaty for double-taxation? Because that is not the same thing.

Question: Does COSRECI have charitable status in the uk?
    Answer: No. It applied in 1999 and lost. You know this already.
    Please tell me how this mysterious "mutual agreement" worked in that decision here in the UK, if it has charitable tax exempt status in Australia.
  17. RolandRB Member

I haven't got the proof but it is well known that COSRECI had charitable status in the UK, not that it was granted in the UK, but through a mutual arrangement with Australia such that if an organisation is granted charitable status in the UK then it is accepted in Australia and if an organisation is granted charitable status in Australia then it is accepted in the UK. I should think Chris Owen has all the documentation but I don't know who else has it.
  18. Sponge Member

No he doesn't. I've been down that route. Chris Owen merely asserts such a "reciprocal agreement" with no proof.
    Whatever agreement COSRECI might have had when it first came here to the UK, it clearly does not have now.
  19. Anonymous Member

20. DeathHamster Member

The Freezone is expanding! (Soon they'll be opening Ideal FreeOrgs everywhere...)

Meh, the few ones that were never in just skipped the heroin step and headed straight for their methadone dixie cup.
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

please stay on topic...
    this is about the Australian Inquiry.. not about Christianity... kthnxbai
  23. themadhair Member

No. It is about Marty and all the cuntishness he embodies. And stuff.
  24. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

COSRECI has never been granted charitable status over here. Nor has Scientology itself. But because the Shell Game has CoS UK being run as a subsidiary of COSRECI (a South Australian Not-For-Profit), it exploits a loophole to avoid the tax it should be paying.

All the CoS PR stuff in the UK has the small-print disclaimer, stating this tax-dodging fact.
  25. Anonymous Member

1274049566038.jpg
  26. Scintellanon Member

It's a shell game that could have a domino effect?

IIRC, you are talking about the VAT tax in the U.K. Based on this fact, what do they need to do in Australia to start the domino effect to take care of that dodging subsidiary of COSRECI loophole in the U.K. once and for all? Would imagine they would try to protect this entity in an Australian inquiry, knowing the threat to the advantage in the U.K.
  27. Gottabrain Member

Clams can always be depended on to bring up Christianity in any good thread.

It is so incredibly boring to see the same diversions over and over again.

The Inquiry only affects cults that aren't contributing to society, the Catholic church here gets 5 gold stars out of 5 for their contributions.

The Church of Scientology of Australia does nothing of benefit here.
  28. Anonymous Member

off topic but..

talking in tongues
    singing as a thought stopping exercise
    wiggling on the ground after someone tells you they pulled a demon out of you
    praying instead of actually doing something
  29. OTBT Member

Roland, you are derailing your own arguments by bring religion *and* specifically Christianity into the equation. The topic of Marty is usually enough to derail any thread here on WWP, there is no point in derailing this thread further by bringing in the derailing topic of religion as well.

The Aussie inquiry appears to be about examining abuse of tax exemption for supposedly charitable organizations. So far, it does *not* appear to be about religion.

Roland, your atheism is well known, and I don't have any problem with that. However, trying to push one's own religious beliefs or one's own atheism onto others usually results in a backlash.

Your posts are usually full of dry wit, especially when you are trolling. Right now, you seem very serious and pissed off. Chill out, have a few beers, get your humor back.

May I humbly suggest that you resubmit your arguments with both religion and atheism excluded. Senator Xenophon made it very clear that this investigation should *not* be about beliefs, but about actions.
  30. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

OP. I fify'd your thread title to better represent the reality we face.
  31. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

pic relevant
    2vkeviq.jpg
  32. Anonymous Member

they can save u from teh ghey
    and restore ur
    spiritual virginity
  33. Anonymous Member

Thread-Gay-Mentos.jpg
  34. Sponge Member

I didn't think it had ever been granted. That was Roland's assertion.

What loophole? Explain the flow of money and taxes, UK-Australia to show a typical of example of this.

I've wondered if there *might* be something in the double-taxation treaty which gives rise to avoidance exploits but I can't pretend to know what I'm talking about (and such avoidance would also apply to anyone, with any country that we have a similar treaty with).

I know what COSRECI is. The "disclaimer" doesn't explain the "tax dodging" part of that fact.
  35. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

I saw Marty rathburn talk about tom cruise in this video:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-ileocErrs[/ame]
  36. DeathHamster Member

While it doesn't say that there's a reciprocal agreement, it certainly implies that there's a financial benefit from operating in the UK as a South Australian charity.

Is COSRECI required to file anything publicly accessible with Company House (similar to a US Form 990) that would show what benefit they receive from that dodge?
  37. Sponge Member

I've also seen other newsmedia reporting from that period.
    e.g. Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: MPs call for tax probe into cult
    The CoS was saying that it wasn't liable for Corporation (when asked by a newspaper) which is kinda moot because, as a non profit, they naturally tend to post a loss or as near to a loss as possible anyway. Historically it appears that is what they've done in most years (or a very small profit).
    So, there is an assumption, if they did ever make any profit, that they aren't liable for corporation tax but I've not found any documentation on that (this presumably is where the so called "reciprocal agreement" is supposed to be).
    If such a financial benefit is not specific to it being an Australian entity, but merely that it is in another country with tax-exmption and/or a double-taxation treaty, then it doesn't matter if the COSRECI changes hands to a USA owned company.

IMO Posting a loss will be very easy for the cult in the uk. They have lots of property to run and maintain and too few members to financially support that. If it remotely looked like they were going to have a good year then they'd just purchase some non-tangible "technology" from cult-central in the USA as a business expense.
  38. DeathHamster Member

Naturally, since the Scientology Inc corporate structure is designed so that the money flows to the central organization, bleeding the branches dry and "non-profit" by default.

Scientology's elephant is soft and mushy.
  39. JohnnyRUClear Member

This thread was pretty good for the first 1 posts or so.
  40. Anonymous Member