Customize

Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by tazor, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Diesel, I’m not defending anyone because I too have been put off by the holier-than-thou attitude sometimes exuded by exes out there. I think those folks should learn a lesson from Mr. Rathbun about the phony superior attitude that was infused in them during the programming. That shit doesn’t fly with the rest of the world where wogs outnumber Scientologists by a ratio of 1,380 to 1. We are the people who have stepped up to free their friends, their sons and daughters and spouses. NOTHING pisses me off more than knowing I put myself out there for the deluded souls still in, while some of their very own people continue to hide under their beds shivering in fear of big bad OSA.

But here’s the flip side of the coin for me.

Dorothy should not be excoriated because of one comment - not when she has posted dozens of others expressing heartfelt love and support for what the “Nony” movement has accomplished. You guys are too quick to flush that whole board over a few opinions that don’t wash with yours. I didn’t care for that comment either. It was shitty and it hurt. But you guys are stuck with us Old Geezers, and you should consider embracing that fact, 'cuz we’re gonna keep stealing your memes and crashing your protests and eating your cake forever and ever, whether you like it or not.
  2. cowboyanon2 Member

Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

exactly.. first people assume he knows about it.. and second they assume he approve of marty by allowing the picture...

I will be against beghe when i know he knows of pic and approves of it...
  3. francie Member

Beghe is known personally by many of the Anons and OG. Beghe was somewhat liberal with his phone number to those he chose as his friends/acquaintances during his "coming out" period. Don't tell me no one has called him to enquire about his new photo on Rathbun's site. Geez. Even I tried to call him and I know him less than many of the others who were with him in person.
  4. cowboyanon2 Member

if somebody called him.. and he approved of pic promoting marty.. then i would like to hear about that...
  5. TinyDancer Member

You have forgotten the content of his WBM interview. Don't you remember him expressing sadness that his films for the CoS might have encouraged people to join the Sea Org? Seriously. The guy does several hours worth of detailed and personal interviews and you still want him to "clarify his position"? I love you, Buttons, but STFU.

No. Others will struggle to get hold of the wiretap info because it will have much personal information about Rathbun and whoever else is on the phone with him. Privacy considerations would limit what you could get to nothing at this stage. He can get it, of course, because it's his private info.
  6. MrNiceNice Member

neh/heh
    Nasferatu scary maybe
    physically no.
  7. Buttons Member

Tinydancer-

Sorry-
    I won't STFU-
    Didn't expect that from you, since I don't post much.
    I do post when something doesn't feel right.

His regret over encouraging people to join the Sea Org shows no awareness what that really means. A lifetime of studying a tech that doesn't work?

An awareness of---
    What their experience or hardship may have been. Just that he may have contributed to encouraging people to sign up for a "tech" that didn't work. Again, no admission to the fact that he may have contribtuted to a harsh life of the Sea Org members. Little pay, little food, disconnection, hard life.

Again, please let me know if I have missed something.
    I hate feeling this cynical.

While I don't think that Jason Beghe is insincere about leaving scientology, I do think that his reasons for doing so may be very different from those exes that left that and did not have the finances to achieve the levels that he did. I worry about those that left thinking that they didn't have the finances to get them where they thought they should be.

He could have left COS quietly but did not.
    For those that celebrated, why not expect a bigger contribution?
    That is why the appearance of an alignment with Marty Rathburn is of concern.
    All I would like is dox that he is aware that his picture is being used as a potential endorsement.
    If that was his intention, I can adjust my perspective accordingly.
  8. Vir Member

You think JB would be in the dark about abuses in the Sea Org?
    2qan0ur.jpg

You best be joking.
  9. francie Member

Does anyone doubt that these three people have each tried to reach JB today or yesterday? They each have his personal phone number, you know.
  10. TheBitch Member

Ex Scientologist Message Board - View Single Post - movin on up II

The more I see shite like this, the less I find myself willing to entertain any of this FreeZone shit at all. These people are under the mistaken impression that what they're doing is "counseling" in a professional sense and they need to be HAMMERED til they disabuse themselves of this notion. What they're doing is dangerous and fucks people up.
  11. diesel1967 Member

QFT
  12. mrfyde Member

I don't want to imply that DM is a chior boy next to Marty Rathbun, but it seems to me that the cult was much darker when Rathbun and Rinder where in it. Nearly everyone had always heard Sceintology would sue at the drop of a hat back in the 80's and 90's. But since Rathbun left I don't think that the Co$ has filled a single civil lawsuit, and it seems that people are being "fair gamed" much less harshly.

I can't prove that Marty leaving was the reason for either of my examples but it does cause me to wonder if he is one of the reasons they seem to be a much softer target than they where a few years ago.

I really hope Rathbun does speak out about CoS. I also hope that all the ex's who have done the cult's bidding speak out as well. If the ex's that have left the cult admitted the lies they told to recruit new members, and fessed up to the things they did for the cult while they where in, we would be a lot closer to an end game. There are to many people involved for everyone to be a victim.

As for Jason Beghe, I don't care what he does. He has done a good job speaking out against the CoS and with the exception of comments made about B.A.P. (that was none of his business).

Rathbun claiming to heal chronic illness and in a matter of weeks help people that have had years of therapy just goes to show that the Freezone in many forms does not have same goals we do.
    "I'll give you three examples why not. First person I dealt with since leaving the Church never had any contact with Scn, was chronically ill, at least four major episodes per year – for decades. With a little education on the mechanics of suppression (no evaluations of who the SP is, no demands to disconnect) the person has not been ill once in the three years since. Second fellow (also no Scn contact) grew up being subjected to frighteningly inhumane treatment throughout his childhood. Had thirty years of psychotherapy at untold cost – the result was he was fixated on the dark era daily, constantly figuring on how he was inheritly responsible and permanently degraded since. Two months of weekend auditing, and the guy says he has no fixation on the era, has no self-invalidation going on, and we totally handled what thirty years of psychotherapy made worse. Neither of them paid for my services, though exchanged in life how they saw fit. ." - M. Rathban
  13. Mutante Member

THIS ^
    THIS ^
    THIS ^

We have all met such people but it seems some remain blinded by a misplaced faith in the best of human nature. Some people do not understand how differences in brain biology mean that a percentage of people in the world DO NOT CARE WHAT THEY DO because they do not have the wiring for a conscience.

Some of us can apparently detect the patterns and behaviours of a sociopath/sub-criminal psychopath a MILE off. We sniff the danger without running a Hare test. Alarm bells sound. Warning lights flash. It's a lot like the control centre at Three Mile Island on that fateful day.

People, wake up. Destructive sociopaths do not change, in the same way we cannot grow spare arms. It's in the DNA. Comprehend this for your own welfare.

Rathbun in my opinion is exceptionally bad news in the shape of a person. If you are prepared to entertain the notion that his history of behaviours indicates sociopathic tendencies then your pity and outreach will not, cannot, change this.

Save your energy and steer well away.
  14. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

JB is no Rathburn. The things that Rathburn has done over the years makes any fucking ad JB did pale in comparison.

If anything, he's a mark. And though I don't honestly think he'd buy an ounce of Hubbard's bullshit ever again... Rathburns own special brand? Maybe, and that could be a reason for the picture.

As far as not knowing about the abuses in the SO, he's a fucking celebrity. He knew that these people live ascetic lifestyles for their "religion"...but he was never one of them, nor someone in a position of authority over them. He didn't hand-destroy lives like Rathburn. He has probably learned the worst only after leaving the cult.

Marty's a smug SOB and I'd like to see him prosecuted.
  15. Vir Member

Well put, mortified12345
  16. NotMike Member

Jason Beghe walked out of a cult. He didn't walk into a new one. He (JB) doesn't owe anyone an accounting for what he does or why he does it expect to maybe his wife & kids.

Am I curious what he thinks about that photo being up on a Rathbun's solicitation website? Sure. Would I be disppointed if he went coo-coo for cocoa puffs and went freezone? Sure. But it's his own choice. So long as he isn't hurting anyone or funding groups that cause significant harm to others, [strike]I don't care[/strike] I'm not going to do anything about it.
  17. LarryBren Member

Hey Mary

I am really so very glad that you got so much relief after seeing Don Larson’s video!

Sadly there are countless horror stories like your own and IMHO many people have been damaged by same and still have not been able to get over it.

There are reasons that there were so many such widespread abuses as atrocities were reigned down on thousands of people be they mission holders, scientologists in business, SO staff, people in associated groups, other staff, public, etc. I feel that it is important to get some grasp on exactly what those reasons were in order to put an end to the abuses and help people come to terms with them.

What was the root cause of all of that? Why did it start? How could it get so out of hand? Was it Rinder that really made all this happen, Rathbun, Miss Cabbage or who?

I have worked a lot with all three of the above candidates and as well gotten many orders from Hubbard through my years on GO and SO staff. Enough to form an opinion of them and their motivations which, while it may not be correct, it is nonetheless my honest opinion which I believe to be correct.

Also what is it that, if changed or gotten rid of, will really stop the abuses found throughout organized scientology? Is it Rinder leaving, Rathbun leaving? What?

As far as I am concerned the root of the problem goes to where the real power is and has been in organized scientology. I posted on that quite some time ago and won’t bore the heck out of everyone by trying to repost it now. That posting can be found at the following link:

The Real Power in Scientology - DM's Lies - alt.religion.scientology | Google Groups

The fact is that Hubbard and his writings were the real power behind organized scientology. It was never truly the GO, the SO or anything else you can name. For example, when many of the “controls” switched from the GO to CMO/SO the real power never changed at all because the real power was Hubbard and he controlled and was behind both the GO and the CMO/SO.

Even through the guy died in 1986 his “power’ lives on through his writings which open the door to justifying and carrying out such abusive actions. These of course are those “church scriptures” of “us vs. them”, all the “enemies”, fair game, taking over control of the world, “the greatest good”, etc.

Heck even “out ethics” was defined as being “other intentioned” or “counter intentioned”. “Other” or “counter” to whom or to what? To Rinder? To Rathbun? To Larson? No. It’s to Hubbard and his mandates. An entire “religion” was founded in part based on the rantings and madness of a man who lived in constant fear of others and had a need to destroy anyone or anything he fancied threatened his worldviews. And in his own words Hubbard said that “ethics” formed the channel through which all of scientology tech could be carried (or words to that effect). His version of “ethics” is what was used to justify the abuse of so many.

It’s the Hubbard tech itself that preaches, no demands, blind loyalty and compliances to his insane beliefs and demands. And it is in that context that so many abuses could be carried out globally.

With all that in place all that is needed is a like minded, ruthless, uncaring and abusive person who can seize enough power to actually carry out such policies. And that person was and is David Miscavige.

I saw Rathbun, Rinder, Larson and many others run around at Miscavige’s demands, following Miscavige’s orders, doing Miscavige’s bidding and not the other way around. Miscavige got his “authority” and thus “power” through his connection to Hubbard and positioning all the many abusive things he did and ordered to be done as coming from Hubbard. Hell he even got the GO to stand down and the then head of CMO to stand down as he made it appear that that was Hubbard’s wish.

I saw countless times Miscavige lie or do/order ruthless things as being in compliance with Hubbard’s policy and/or orders at the time.

So all organized scientology needs to continue to be abusive is someone inclined to carry out the Hubbard “scriptures” that promote lying, abuses and the like. They have that in Miscavige now but will they if Miscavige is gotten out of there?

In my opinion, they will have the same problem, although it may seem better for awhile. The GO went wacko based on trying to follow Hubbard policies. The same happened to the CMO/SO. And I believe the same will happen to whatever else may take over for the reasons of what is really behind the abuses covered above.

Any future “organized scientology” would have to change so much “scripture” that it would not likely be very recognizable as “scientology”. For starters all policies that lead to the following would pretty much have to be scrapped: fair game, disconnection, lying, practicing medicine/psychology without a license, hard selling, staff conditions and lack of labor law compliance,. etc., etc. etc.

I cannot and will not give my sources here but last year I was asked if I would be willing to be a part of a major coup to overthrow Miscavige and get organized scientology into better hands. The people listed as being in that “coup” were well known names connected to Hubbard or well up in organized scientology in the past.

I declined as I had zero personal interest in going through a lot of effort in an attempt to put someone else at the top who is just going to end up following the same insane policies that led to current state of affairs within organized scientology. Also I considered what they were looking at doing to remove Miscavige as naïve and doomed to failure with all of them at the losing end of legal battles if not defensive criminal battles. I warned them not to do it and why I felt that way. Plus I have zero interest in any part of any Hubbard writings as being part of my own "spiritual salvation".

Rathbun, Rinder, Larson and any of us “Exes” have to deal with what we did in the past. While some of us were not abusive like others were, to one degree or another all of us at or near the top of organized scientology helped put into place the abusive, criminal organization that is there now if only unwittingly or stupidly. Some of us are working on making up for that that and are trying to set things right now.

What each of us needs to do is an individual thing depending on what we did and what we know. IMHO Rathbun and Rinder and surely others have some serious “making up” to do. I recognize how hard that can be to do when one is in the “mind f _ _ k” that is scientology but that doesn’t change the fact that it needs to be done. So I for one am still hoping they will come forward, expose the lies, abuses and crimes in which they may have been involved and help to end it. And I for one would be glad to help them do so if I could.

Anyway, the above is my take on it and my opinion.
  18. LRonAnon Member

You're a stand-up guy Larry.

Your "owning" your past and working towards betterment, thanks.
  19. Optimisticate Member

Screw these people, both Beghe and Rathbun. Beghe has taken steps to ensure he is not affiliated with Anons, that's his choice, it's his life to repair. Let the man move on he is not the target.

If they have done anything illegal, they'll pay for it one way or another. Screw statutes of limitations. Rathbun violated human rights, and I'm not sure of any limitations on that. I hate to bring this into the discussion, but look at all the people hiding in South America that have been caught by various European governments to pay for their crimes back during World War II. Some of the people caught did not commit murder, but their crimes were just as heinous.

Simple Marty may think he's behind the 8 ball on this game table, but he doesn't realize he's actually behind it and there's a very large cue ball headed straight for him.

Scientology is the target, individuals are not. He may become the target when the final implosion happens, but that is best left up to whatever meager law enforcement group there is.

Let the karmic forces take over (I'm not expecting the damn FBI to do anything, they're continuing to prove they are useless). What goes around always comes back around. Marty may never regret what he's done but at some point he will lose his cheshire cat smile when he realizes he's on the Karmic Express.
  20. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Nothing of value
  21. Mutante Member

Awesome shoop is awesome.
  22. eddieVroom Member

This is a very interesting parallel...

But I though LRH died long before NIN hit the scene. (j/k lol)
  23. xenubarb Member

This needs to be emphasized:
    Scientologists TRAIN in this shit! "I'm vewwy, vewwy angry now!" -Tommy Davis

We have seen them inexplicably switch moods, presenting another emotional facet with facile ease. It is not real. It is not genuine. It is a calculated tactic. Scientology trains people to become psychopaths. You simply cannot trust anything they say or do if you have a dog in this race, because you are 'the enemy,' to be destroyed by any means.
  24. Daisy Member

Believe me, there are plenty of us ex's that are pissed off at this. The guy is simply trolling for business, thinks he has got something special to sell. He is still stuck in the cult, he is still a cult member.

Someday he is going to find out he is just a normal joe, like everyone else and that he wasted most of his life.

We had a friend who gave his life to the SO, made it to the top as an auditor. Woke up to the scam and killed himself.

Good luck Marty, you're gonna need it.

Anons, don't ever think that there are ex's who do not appreciate everything you have done. Don't let some still delusional cult members tell you otherwise.
  25. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Pack mentality warped my sense of reason.
  26. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Nothing of value
  27. pooks Member

Here's some interesting information supplied by probity over on OCMB

Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - Marty Rathbun Surfaces With Scientology Rehab

"Working shoulder to shoulder, some shoulders are more equal than others.

Link below to this dox - how many SO Members received something around $2K a year, from which Corporations and Orgs and posts?.

Compare the RTC compensation amounts.

http://www.xenufrance.net/csi-to-irs...heads-1993.pdf

This is a dox production for the IRS for tax exemption.

If you take you time to look over this document you will see that in 1989 MARK C.RATHBUN an RTC staff member made 46,140.00 in wages while Mike Rinder the Head of OSA and NOT RTC staff made 5,454.21 in wages which is still twice the normal amount of the regular Sea Org staff.

And in 1990 Mark C. Rathbun made 53,550.80 in wages, when most Sea Org members were making around 2 grand. So he was making over 25 times more than the average SO member.

Probity from OCMB also said:

"All Sea Org members are equal in Sea Org allowance, but some like Marty are more equal than others.

RTC has a whole other way of calculating Sea Org allowance. Marty received 15 to 20 times the standard Sea Org allowance in the years 1989, 1990 and 1991 (and for years afterward as well). The RTC ran it's own payroll so other Sea Org members in Orgs like Gold (where they couldn't manage to cover $40 a week) wouldn't see just how equal they were to RTC, like when Marty showed $53,550.80 in Sea Org pay and bonuses on his 1990 W-2 form, plus free room & board."

Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - Marty Rathbun Surfaces With Scientology Rehab

Marty's not just your regular old beat up Sea Org Exec. This is a guy from RTC, the elite of the elite. He's someone who is used to being around grovelling sycophants, people who don't "flashback" and don't dare dev-t him. He's used to getting his orders compiled to. He's a very special snowflake and he knows it.

Trusted like a rabid ferret under yer bed, 'fluffy's my friend! Don shoot it!'
    Ya right, this mofo is got the scam, onna lam (maybe), takin' names, still fuct.
    MHO.
    nuff said.
  29. tazor Member

Hahaha! So true, RIF!

Look, you guys. Don't assume that Jason knows any of the crimes and abuses. Celebs are coddled. They don't get to see the underbelly of the cult. They usually see CC, AOLA and Flag and at those orgs they are handled by certain people who dress nice and treat them with kid gloves. TC may have seen some of the crap that goes on at Gold but who knows if he realized the extent of it all? I kind of doubt it.

They see the cult the way the rank and file want to believe the cult is like the world over. They live in a little celebrity bubble the CoS has manufactored for them.

At least Jason had the brains to realize it was all a lie. He probably isn't on the internet much at all. We are all assuming that photo is recent when it may not be recent at all. And don't assume that Jason is up on all the crimes Marty was involved in either.

Anyway, like someone said, he doesn't owe us anything really.
  30. Mutante Member

Celebs can Google like the rest of us. No excuses.

Celebs don't have to clean, do laundry, wash their cars, tend their gardens or score their own drugs.

With all that free time if they can't engage with the single greatest transformational technology to hit the public in the last few decades then fuck them to the ninth level of shitty hell. Ignorance of reality is no defence.
  31. diesel1967 Member

QFT Mutante. Ignorance is no excuse, period!!
  32. mrfyde Member

I know it is about 10 hrs late but I can't agree more. I almost feel sorry for the ones who don't follow Larry's lead because they will always have something over them.

With out people like Larry our job would be much tuff-er.

Now back to present time:

The if Marty made more than the average SO'er I have to assume he knew more than the average SO'er. And is certainly doesn't seem his goal was to just "clear the planet".
  33. eddieVroom Member

The chatter on Xenu.net is taking an interesting turn. Posted by BTs2Free:

"I was there when you were having Bruce Bromley held against his will at the Int Ranch and YOU were the one running his program and coming by to Sec Check him. I was there when he was physically restrained by the guards there on a number of occasions because he just wanted to leave. Remember, I was his "baby sitter" and lived with him for several months. There are witnesses out here to things like THAT Marty. How about you come clean before people like me and others start airing your dirty laundry before you even have a chance to."

And from Sea Horse:

"Well, now that Marty's whereabouts is known, he can be called for a witness (hostile witness? aka uncooperative witness) in any of the various lawsuits going on. How about in Claire Headley's lawsuit which includes mention of Human Trafficking there. BTs2Free tells of Marty's knowledge and complicity with regards the holding of people against their will and the imprisonment of others.

Human Trafficking, Marty. Human Trafficking."

Something tells me the chickens are coming home to roost.

Hey Marty: Tick tick tick...

Game clock's running, son.
  34. cowboyanon2 Member

imo... marty left the cult coz he figured he could make more money by conning other people and starting his own cult... he is worse than the people still in who may be brainwashed.. i agree with whoever said he is a sociopath...
  35. exOT8Michael Member

I agree with where this thread is heading, after the revelations from former high level insiders. Marty Rathbun should be held accountable. It might make him wake up better.
    Also, let's not forget other high level insiders who have not come clean; Rinder, Pat Broeker and Vikki Aznaran, to name a few...

We don't need or want a witch hunt. We already know who the people are who were carrying the brooms and casting evil spells.
  36. TheBitch Member

Ok so fine. Sociopath gets no sympathy unless and until he turns State's Evidence.

So how do we operationalize encouraging Mr. Rathburn, and why are we still talking rather than doing?
  37. eddieVroom Member

The most effective "doing" will be done by Law Enforcement. They need to hear from the people who personally witnessed Marty's crimes, such as BTs2Free. Hopefully, this has already happened at the time of the call to file complaints and/or statements several months ago.

What has changed significantly in the last 72 hours is that Marty Rathbun's whereabouts are no longer a mystery. There has been, until now, uncertanity that the Texas Marty was the right person IIRC.

IMO, it's time for the people who've been working with Law Enforcement to pass that little nugget along to the appropriate players.
  38. TypingChimp Member

That's completely unfair. I can understand Hitler and Michael Bolton, but what did Charles Manson ever do to you? :p
  39. TypingChimp Member

Honestly, Beghe had my respect with one sentence: "Show me one motherfucking Clear!" I've seen nothing at all like that from Rathbun, and in fact, I've seen the opposite from his ESMB post. He countered a call for atonement with a fucking WIN REPORT. I've never been a Sci, but I know that type of bullshit when I smell it.
  40. Mutante Member

Yeah, WE do.

The public? They don't.

Should they?

If I got suckered into some scam perpetrated by the likes of Rathbun, Broeker and Rinder and there was nothing much on the Internet warning me about their part in running an empire of organized mind rape, no 'rogues gallery', then I might be a little disappointed with those who know but won't say.

If you're an ex and you KNOW what these people are like, and I Google for these monsters and I don't find the website you wrote, then you need to DO SOMETHING to protect others.

Posting on forums isn't enough.