Customize

Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by tazor, Feb 7, 2009.

1. tazor Member

Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

This was just posted on ESMB:

Untitled
  2. Buttons Member

Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Is this for real?

More info please-------
  3. AnonLover Member

this sob needs to learn a few lessons in atonement, owning up to his past crimes & "coming clean" before he's qualified to be helping anyone get over leaving the most unethical group on the planet!!!!

somebody please tell me that pic is NOT a recent shot with jason beghe like it seems??
  4. tazor Member

Not sure, Buttons. Trying to find out now. I have a feeling it is though.
  5. TheBitch Member

Another schism so soon? Plus, would absolutely buy it if that's a recent photo of Beghe. Just because you get out of the cult doesn't mean you leave behind your ways. Stupidity that got you into original mess does not evaporate like sweat.

/popcorn
  6. Belle Boyd Member

Seems like it's a "fuuuuuck you" anonymous pic..just sayin.
  7. firebug Member

there is a post on ARS from april from sthtexlensman

8. firebug Member

craigslist ad now deleted

9. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Marty Rathbun was an unscrupulous lying enforcer for the cult for many years, now what? He's offering the same thing, only different? He's simply trying to scam ex scientologist's now. Scientology is crazy bullshit invented by a lying fraud who once tried to audit a tomato plant .Yahoo! Image Search Results for l ron hubbard tomato plant
  10. blownforgood Member

It's real.
    Has nothing to do with Anon.
    It has to do with Marty trying to help people who have left and are trying to deal with having left or being in the middle of stuff that you cannot sort out in the "real world." If this is a fuck you to anybody, it is a "Fuck You" to Dave Miscavige. If you were in a organization for 20 years and gave them 1 million dollars, you would need someone to talk to at least. That shit does not wash off with soap.

I am not saying its right or wrong. I'm just throwing in my 2 cents on why I think Marty is doing it.

It took me a few years to get over losing 15 years of my life. I am sure some people are in the same boat.

I will tell you this. There are a lot more of these things that will be happening over the next few months. At least the "Fuck You" part to Dave Miscavige.

Until next time...
    BFG
  11. tazor Member

Sounds to me like he has justified his participation in the cult and is now ready to start his own con. I hear the car market has hit bottom.

I am such an untrusting person these days! lol Sorry, but 10 years in the cult did that to me. I suspect everyone these days. :)
  12. steelhand Member

Ya well, just goes to show you just how deep scion brainwashing goes. One has to wonder if you can ever completey remove all traces of it. Hmmnn..., I wonder.....?
  13. pooks Member

Looks like he left the C of S but is still a hard core cultist.

I'm not surprised. This guy knows where all the bodies are buried. For him to snap out of the mindfuck, he'd have to deal with all the criminality on his part.
  14. Buttons Member

Thanks BFG.

Tazor-
    I too am suspicious.

Anyone else have more details?
  15. pooks Member

Ya know what's really funny about this, is that Marty used to be the Inspector General Ethics for RTC and was responsible for getting rid of all the squirrel groups.
  16. Belle Boyd Member

Sorry BFG, but if he won't step up and speak out about the crimes committed by him and others, he should just STFU and not try to "help" ex's with his own brand of crazy. JMO
  17. rof Member

Hotlinking that picture was dumb.

Hotlinking from a quasi-scilon site is even dumber.
  18. exOT8Michael Member

As soon as Barbara Schwarz hears where "Her Marty" is she is going to move there and stalk Marty with her batshit craziness...
    Could be lulzy.
  19. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

This is HUGE. The dude was a big dog in the cult.

If he wants to practice scilonism that's his right. Our beef shouldn't be with anyone's beliefs no matter the batshitanity they contain.

The man needs to decompress and find his way again. It's like coming back from combat. You need to build an entirely new frame of reference. Not like he has marketable skills. What's he going to put on his resume? Cult administrator with 27 years experience?

Clearly the claws are coming out for him. How about giving him time and the space to the right thing?

And take heed, that's the danger of a cult it gets good people to do really bad shit.

{IN/B4 FFFFFUUUUUU Dogpile.}

TL;DR chill and see wut happenz.
  20. AnonLover Member

/facepalm... i was so fking appalled at the gaul of this man i wasnt thinking, hotlink to pic removed.
  21. TheBitch Member

/r/ donation fund be established for her bus fare.
  22. NotBobMinton Member

If the photo details state the photo was taken on 1/1/2005 @ 12:00AM for what that is worth.

The freezone will exist. There is no surprise about this. I would be a little disappointed to see Jason Beghe fall into another pay-for-enlightenment plan. But people will get sucked in when they are searching for answers.

For ex-scientologists looking for answers let me say this. Enlightenment and spiritual awareness should not come at a cost & should not be shrouded in secrecy.

There are plenty of people out there willing to share their knowledge & insight at no cost. The internet is filled with the spilling of electronic ink on every ounce of human knowledge.

If Marty Rathbun really has "a simple program of rehabilitation of previously recognized abilities and education on universal truths and principles of spiritual growth" why not publish this program for all to share? Let people decide if they want to attend & pay for these services after reviewing them. If he can't tell you up front what the program entails & open it up to peer review, he very well may be selling snake oil.

I know Marty isn't offering his program at any given price except for 'what you believe it is worth'. But how many people would really feel comfortable walking away not paying him anything?

If people want to bite on Marty Rathburn's program, hey, I'm not going to stop you. Just recognize what got you sucked into scientology to start with. The "communications course" was only $10.

Marty - I don't take any real issue with you so long as you aren't running around acting like the mafia that scientology is. But if you really think you have a simple program to help people, why not just publish it on the internet for free access & review?
  23. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Rather than starting his own quasi culty counseling service perhaps he'd have a better FUCK YOU to DAVEY by telling all he knows to the FBI...he knows where all the bodies are buried, he helped bury some of them...and he has the gall to offer COUNSELING to anyone?

HEY MARTY clean up your own house first, then maybe you can help others. We wogs call it DOING THE RIGHT THING.
  24. Anonynamefag Member

A squirrel group?

Oh, exploitable!
  25. TinyDancer Member

I'm sure all the two of them could think about was us.

Just sayin.
  26. Buttons Member

I agree that this is huge, but something just isn't right about this.

After all this time, this is how he decides to go public?
    What are we missing?
  27. Smurf Member

Next there will be a web page from Mike Rinder offering workshops on how to hot-wire & steal Toyotas.
  28. MrNiceNice Member

Mahtee??? I now understand *that*
    "I threw up a little bit in my mouth" thing.

tell me that's a shoop.
    Picture of sun setting in the East.
  29. tazor Member

He may be sincere. I can't make that call unless I did his program and that sure as hell won't be happening EVAR.

It would have seemed more sincere if it had been posted after he had spilled his guts to the feds and then posted the outcome of that.
  30. TinyDancer Member

The photo will be useful for signage, at least.
  31. tazor Member

Oh crap, is it Rinder who's selling cars? I get them mixed up.

And welcome back Smurf!
  32. TinyDancer Member

Here ya go, Marty. Start by telling the truth about this:

Scientology Denies an Account Of an Impromptu I.R.S. Meeting - New York Times
  33. Mutante Member

Totally agree.

I do not think his activity is separate from the Church's plans.
  34. TheBitch Member

Remember that Hubbard left instructions and established a plan for rolling things over if everything went tits up. Schisms and sectarian $cientology is as inevitable as the "church" trying to morph. On yer toes gents, they're shifting ground not tactics. Always remember teh "tech" and they're easily predictable within a limited range of allowable choices.

What they're gonna do is foreordained. When, how, and where we have yet to figure out, but I'm pretty damn sure it's coming or in the works. So far they've been spectacularly unsuccessful at hiding, so we'll just have to wait and see.
  35. MrNiceNice Member

^^yupperoo^^

& Duhhhh... (slowin' down...)
    Did Rinder & Rathbun leave at the same time?

I wonder if our boys negotiated a nice retirement fund/golden parachute
    package for themselves. They would certainly be in a position to do it.
    One wonders if they have squirrelled away docs and stuff. Hope
    they're money launderin' off-shore and the IRS catches them.

About the only permanent leverage I can see against DullMidget
    would be accessory to murder (after the fact). Lisa McP. That and
    positive proof that the cult got its tax exempt status illegally.

I say, Colonel Miscavage, in the Conservatory, with the Candlestick.

Hope DullMidget is never late with the [STRIKE]bribe[/STRIKE]retirement checks.
  36. FUCK Member

hmmm... i don't trust this at all....
  37. Kilia Member

^^^THIS^^^^
  38. Mutante Member

Right about now, with many more members out than in, deprogramming would be a great place in the food chain for Scientology to operate.

I am suddenly reminded of Scientology's involvement with the Cult Awareness Network.

Cult Awareness Network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe this is more of the same. Damage control.
  39. Scatman Member

There is no contact information on that web page. I see no issue in Marty wanting to help those who have left the cofs. However, it is egregious that he does not go to the FBI and IRS with what he knows. I think that he should do this if he wants to heal himself and help the human race.
  40. tippytoe Member

I smell shit, as in same shit, different name.