Customize

Marty Rathbun's letter to Tom Cruise's attorney..

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by Anonymous, Aug 25, 2009.

1. gizmogirl Member

Re: Marty Rathbun's letter to Tom Cruise's attorney..

On thinking it over, I am beginning to change my mind. Marty seems to be a very smart man. It is quite possible that he is thinking several steps ahead and has an escalating series of letters either written or outlined in his mind. Each letter is more damning to Tink in the court of public opinion. Just a whisper that someone is saying they have documention of Tink doing ANY sort of abuse will crash what is left of Tink's career.

By saying he has documentation of the BBF of Tink's using Tink's name to force beatings by inprisioned people, that again echoes at the very least, on Tink's judgement in friends and "religious" mentors.

If I were the laywer I would try to find a way to back off, but Tink must "always attack, never defend". And if Tink demands "Attack", then the CO$ will find itself in court. The position they will be in would be "Don't say you're Tink's auditor!"

Then: "But I have to prove my standing in the cult, and as I am trying to expose the human right abuses going on in the cult (which is a very moral and upstanding thing to do) I need to show I was in a position to know what was going on."

Then the big question: "So why doesn't Tink want to help me expose human right abuses? Is he somehow involved? Oh, look, I have these documents and these testimonies......."
  2. Skeptic1337 Member

I just have one question? Who is Tink?

Also just a tip, since google likes to index wwp cute nicknames for your favorite celebrity are awesome but for maximum exposure make sure you throw in the real name now and then.
  3. gizmogirl Member

Okay

Each letter is more damning to Tom Cruise in the court of public opinion. Just a whisper that someone is saying they have documentation of Tom Cruise doing ANY sort of abuse will crash what is left of Tom Cruise's career.......

By saying he has documentation of Tom's religious mentor using Tom Cruise's name to force beatings, that again echoes on Tom Cruise's judgement ..........

Then the big question: "So why doesn't Tom Cruise want to help me expose human right abuses? Is he somehow involved?
  4. auchraw Member

What has this thread to do with Celebrity News? Since when was Marty Rathbun a celebrity? GTFO.
  5. Anonymous Member

related to Tom Cruise
  6. A.Non Hubbard Member

This doesn't fall under the scope of celebrity news imho
  7. Anonymous Member

Tom Cruise is a celebrity. The letter was from Tom Cruise's lawyer. Unless Marty is being pranked and the letters were fake. If I were Tom Cruise's lawyer and if I had no morals I would be trying to claim that, because this back-and-forth is only diffing Cruise into a hole right now.
  8. Anonymous Member

Whatever. Rathbun wants to bring down Tom Cruise simply because Cruise associates himself with David Miscavige. Nothing wrong with that, but if he was so smart, he could see that David Miscavige and Scientology are rotten to the core, and the rot needs to be brought in full light (something he could help do to.) He sure can do a whole lot more than what he has been doing so far, but he won't go as far as hurting Scientology. For those who don't mind a good tl;dr, try Gerry Armstrong's latest open letter to Rathbun. That should give you glimpse that no doubt Rathbun is holding back a lot that he shouldn't be holding back if he really cared about people. But he just really cares about Scilons.
  9. gizmogirl Member

I absolutely agree. I think Rathbun is still a true believer, I also think he is positioning himself for a attempted take-over coup of CO$. However, any stress put on David M. and the cult is a good thing, especially if it costs the cult lots of money.
  10. Anonynamefag Member

This. Let Rathbum fuck with Davey - when/if he takes the cult over (and Davey is in federal pound-you-in-the-ass prison), that will be the time to fuck with him. In the meantime, he is giving Davey a headache; the enemy of our enemy is a tool to be used.
  11. muldrake Member

There are a couple possibilities as to why MR took this tack. One is he's already said anything he has to say to Tom Cruise through Cruise's lawyer and is just playing to the peanut gallery at this point. Another is that he's not going to let this silly pretense of a proxy fight stand and is making it clear he knows this is really about David Miscavige, and that his response if Tom Cruise "decides" to sue him over this is going to be making sure the fallout lands directly on DM.

They want MR focused on someone like Tom Cruise. MR is saying that isn't how it will work. If you, DM, attack me through whatever means, including through Tom Cruise by proxy, I'm going to be hitting YOU back.

MR is entirely aware if Cruise sues him, stories about Tom Cruise's most recent batshittery are going to be flying around in all the tabloids, and MR is letting DM know that if he orders this move, MR is going to make damn sure that DM is mentioned prominently in every one of those damning stories.

I don't know if Bertie knows (or cares) what is really going on, so long as the checks clear. DM will get it, though.
  12. Anonymous Member

Yeah, or he's nuts and is just trying to get attention...
  13. Anonymous Member

Always a possibility.
  14. gizmogirl Member

I don't think you can function as a higher-up in the CO$ for many years without being nuts. Your whole worldview would be totally warped. HOWEVER, I think Marty is "crazy like a fox" in focusing on his goal. Having read his "31 statements" on his blog, I believe his goal is to take over the CO$ and return it to what he believes is the true CO$. Marty appears to accept the tech and completely believe in its power.

Even so, this exchange of letters is doing Anon's work while we sit back and eat popcorn.
  15. Anonymous Member

I'm waiting for him to recruit Geir Isene. They seem to see things the same way. With Jason the steering committee would then have leadership, looks and lolly. Oh, and the lunacy you need to believe Elron literally.
  16. Kanonimus Member

So, a letter was sent to individual from celebutard's lawyer to 'keep my client's name out of your mouth.'
    Response (at least the initial one): 'I am within my rights to say your client's name in this context, which is a factual one.'

TOM CRUISE IS A SCIENTOLOGIST
    TOM CRUISE WAS A SCIENTOLOGIST
    TOM CRUISE IS STILL A SCIENTOLOGIST
  17. Suzette Member

Miscavige (and Elron also) has a pattern of saying things that might be true but which aren't really believable, having his staff take them seriously, and then backing off and saying it was an obvious joke. So while the story may be true it's a lot less believable that Cruise said such things, or that Cruise ever intended for anyone to believe it.
  18. auchraw Member

Is this a boring thread or what?
  19. gizmogirl Member

Has Bert not replied to Marty's letter? That seems a strange thing to do as Marty is stating serious abuse that Tom Cruise MAY be involved in. Or is Bert just "consulting" with Tom and Dainty Dave..................and trying to figure a way out for his client.

Or, was there ever an exchange of letters or is Marty just jerking us around?
  20. Anonymous Member

Interesting retro-read in Light Of What is Going on.
    Just my Thoughts.
    Many weirdos (or not) such as Thoughtful posting.
    So, shameless bump. For the newbies? Or for Me and old times of old? Yes.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Anonymous Member

drunk posting?
  22. Anonymous Member

drunken nostalgic ?
  23. Anonymous Member

I actually found J Swift's theory about the utter failure of "Tom Cruise takes over the world and saves Scientology" rather interesting, especially with the hindsight now of Cruise's later divorce from Katie Holmes adding insult to the injury.
    • Like Like x 1