Customize

Marty Rathbun's letter to Tom Cruise's attorney..

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by Anonymous, Aug 25, 2009.

1. pedrofcuk Member

Re: Marty Rathbun's letter to Tom Cruise's attorney..

golly what a waste of time and energy and effort, i'm so glad i wasn't TCs auditor, is it safe? is it safe? is it safe? is it safe? and so on ad infinitum...
  2. Anonymous Member

Ratburn just want what DM is getting now. The monays.
    He won't help with revoking the tax exemption cos that's gonna hurt him too.
    He won't do anything to help people realize Scientlology is a scham, cos that's gonna hurt him.

He's just another spaztic egostroker and it seems he's gonna get chafings p. soon
  3. Anonymous Member

Thanks Marty.
    For standing down again. I'm sure Tom's lawyer got the hint your backing down, because I sure did. You do realize Marty, you state you got info then don't deliver the goods. no one is going to believe your shit anymore. You now have ruined your credibility by backing down. You should've come clean. May as well just shut up now Marty because I'm not going to believe a word you type, say or have papers write anymore, because in the end, your shooting blanks with this half measures shit, like Tom Cruise shoots blanks.
    All that crap in the SP times was for nothing with this bs you just pulled on everyone.
  4. JohnnyRUClear Member

With 14 others talking to the SP Times now (and more coming?), we could lose Rathbun's participation there entirely and not really miss it any more.
  5. Anonymous Member

crying_baby.jpg

WAAAAAAAHH!!! WHY WON'T YOU TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW NOWWW!!!!
    I WANNA KNOOOOOOOOWWW!!!
  6. Anonymous Member

Sadly true. Just a shame he still spouts about being moral or ethical or whatever. It's clearly all cock.

There's a weighing scale in front of Marty. One side is: continuing to make money from brainwashed culties. The other side is: telling all and helping bring down the cult. Guess which side is heavier for "Look after number 1 and fuck everyone else" Rathbun...
  7. RightOn Member

holy crap, this is getting yummy

this can go a lot of different ways

Rathbun is one calculating mofo... although not sure he is calculatin' with both oars in the water
  8. crockhat Member

New letter from Rathbun to Cruise's lawyer now on Rathbun's blog:

/popcorn
  9. Anonymous Member

Actually, I have noticed that some exes like to keep some information to themselves as a safety. I have seen a couple of times in which ex leaves, ex keeps info to themselves as a "safe card", when threatened by the CoS they pull the info out and CoS backs away.

Akin to, "leave me alone or I will tell people that secretly attend anthrocon"

This of course, happens when they a little afraid of CoS.

Those that are not, tell all.

So either Marty is a afraid of the CoS still, or he is holding back for other reasons.
  10. Anonymous Member

I was about to say it.

Now the question is, does Tom Cruise knows that "he vowed" this...
  11. Anonymous Member

Posted on a.r.s. on 24 August 2006: Marty Rathbun audited Tom Cruise on Tom's OT 5 - alt.religion.scientology | Google Groups

12. muldrake Member

Effectively, what Fields is making is a rather weak right of publicity claim. Since Wikipedia did an okay job on the subject and more or less summarizes the basic case law: Personality rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think much of the case, but there's probably a colorable claim there, i.e. enough to get it into court and maybe even survive a summary judgment motion. I'm sure MR can take care of himself, but TC suing him could very easily make all the bad PR they've had up to now look like pattycake. I'd love to see it, and it would be tabloid fodder nonstop until it was over. Imagine the deposition of TC alone!
  13. Anonymous Member

If ( Rathbun_did_not_lie ) {
    if ( Miscavige_did_not_lie ) {
    big_win(); // Tom Cruise enjoy to threaten staff with a good beating
    }
    else { // Miscavige lied
    big_win(); // Tom Cruise won't be too happy with best friend Miscavige using his name in such circumstances
    }
    }
    else { // Rathbun did lie
    medium_win(); // This keeps attracting attention to the allegations of staff beatings from other sources, might results in a lawsuit of BF vs. MR and keep the spotlight on Scientology abuses (and just goes to show how easily Scientologists lie, whether in or outside of organized Scientology
    }
  14. Anonymous Member

Should we start a pool as to when Marty commits suicide?
  15. Antagone Member

IANL but I do know a thing or two about libel. Once again Rathbun is being very clever in what he posted because at no point does he claim Cruise was aware of what was going on or knew about the assaults. Basically there's nothing there Cruise could sue about and the only one who could take action is Miscavige.

However, we all know the way gossip works and how people read quickly without really taking all the information in. Cruise works in an industry where PR is of great importance and stuff like this can leave a taint.
  16. auchraw Member

I tried to read a long screed in Marty's blog which purported to be about 'scientific proof'. His idea of scientific proof appears to be rambling and unfounded speculations on man, God and the universe by what he describes as 'unorthodox scientists'. When a scientist moves out of his discipline and starts wittering on about religion he loses any claim to be scientific. A dozen sets of meaningless spiritual garbage don't make a single scientific truth. Is Marty educated or was he brought up in the tech? He certainly hasn't a clue what might constitute 'proof'.

For example he says:
    ''Some of the more unorthodox, but nonetheless most brilliant, minds of science who help push the scientific envelope to open new vistas sound a lot like Hubbard during his Philadelphia Doctorate Course lectures. One example is Dr. John Hagelin, quantum physicist, who maintains the physical universe was created by THOUGHT. His quest for ultimate answers lead him to the Vedic Hymns; the same source Hubbard acknowledged as his point of departure on developing Scientology. Another physicist is Dr. Andrei Linde of Stanford University who is credited by the scientific community as having all manner of credibility on theories of how the universe was created. Listen to him for a spell and you might start thinking Hubbard sounds conservative and tame by comparison.''

Tell me what the Vedic hymns are worth in terms of scientific proof (of what exactly I have no idea) and I might start thinking Scientology works and helps people.
  17. MIanon9966 Member

Sent off to my contacts in the media, awaiting to find out if they post it.
  18. mrfyde Member

So if basically you are saying MR is creating drama. I think you are right.

Tom & Nichole did sue over "Personality Rights" invasion before

19. Anonymous Member

Marty is just back to do what Hubbard was trying to do: Rub Scientology as much as possible with artificial science flavor, and have Scientology parasites as much as possible real scientific knowledge by claiming "Hubbard wrote about it before!" It's so moronic, but unfortunately, this works well for people with a penchant for magical thinking.
  20. Mutante Member

Almost as if it's genetic.
  21. Sponge Member

Just what does one say about all this? Might as well just sit back and watch their handbag fight.

/brb popcorn factory
  22. Anonymous Member

It's environmental.
  23. Antagone Member

I think he's clever, and manipulative, enough to know the damage a whispering campaign can do. Marty really did miss his true calling working in PR or the Civil Service.
  24. Antagone Member

No, it's now about getting you to post pics of you typing in your boxers.
  25. YAHRLY Member

POSTING IN A THREAD!
  26. Anonymous Member

FIFY
  27. YAHRLY Member

gay
  28. mrfyde Member

Wut ? we didn't even get to the CTCC yet ! (That is where it gets interesting with DM MR HJ and NS.)

Also now wearing clothes. Kids r home and dairy queen insisted.
  29. Anonymous Member

The phrase ocean of piss comes to mind...
  30. Yoni Alter Member

While this doesn't seem blown out of proportion because, well, Tom Cruise is involved, but from Marty's letters, there doesn't seem to be a lot of evidence against Cruise himself. The letters started with, "I was your personal auditor and I'm going after Miscavige, and therefore sort of you by association if I can swing it." And then it changed to, "I saw you watch Miscavige give orders for people to be beaten up." And THEN it changed to, "I counseled unnamed people who were abused by YOU."

Gosslip, which really does an excellent job 99% of the time, jumped the gun on this one, going from "Tom Cruise's best friend psycho" to "Tom Cruise psycho abuser." There's a huge difference. Marty hasn't mentioned anyone he could get on the stand to say Tom Cruise abused them. I don't think he's building a court case so much as fair gaming Tom Cruise for his own gains.

Truly, if Marty wanted things exposed, he would admit that he helped kill Lisa McPherson in more than a newspaper article and ask that they reopen the case. Manslaughter has no statute of limitations like assault does. All he would have to do is say, "Look, bad shit happened and a lot of people were responsible, including me, and I lied about it 15 years ago, and now I'm confessing." Case open, now everyone involved goes on the stand either as a witness or a defendant. But of course that's not going to happen - in fact NO ex-Scilons have turned themselves in, only waited until statutes of limitations expired before admitting to minor crimes. Certainly if there were a major case someone could get immunity to testify, but they would be risking their asses. Scientology teaches you to be self-centered, as if we don't naturally think that enough.

I'm glad to see this is brewing and want to see where it goes, but I doubt Tom Cruise will ever be accused in court of doing illegal things unless he's brought in with a large group of Scientologists in some kind of Rico thing.
  31. Anonymous Member

Correction.

He never said "beaten up". He said "abused". That leaves open the possibility of meaning verbal or emotional abuse.

Don't use quotation marks if you aren't actually quoting the person.
  32. Yoni Alter Member

Thanks for the important clarification.
  33. anonhuff Member

I giggled when I saw a post about Tom Cruise ending with the word taint.
  34. Optimisticate Member

Why do scientologists think that some things just don't apply to them?

Here they do what they don't want MR to do: Celebrity Drug Addiction Takes Its Toll

Scientology: Do as they say, not as they do.
  35. Anonymous Member

<<<<< chans are thatawauyy, run along now, there's adults trying to do things here.
  36. Anonymous Member

This would make Scientology look bad. This goes counter to the first of the Three Laws of Ronbotics.
  37. Oswald2001 Member

I think it's more "CYA" than anything else.
  38. gizmogirl Member

I must admit that Marty's latest letter seems to me a little over the top. Anons and OG know about the SP hall. If Field does not, the letter will seem to have jumped on the crazy train.

In the first letters Marty came across as a very reasoned and intelligent person. This latest letter seems to be losing focus on replying to Tink's command that Marty stop saying he was Tink's auditor. Now Marty is annoucing that he is on a campaign to bring down David M, and brings up abuses at SP Hall. By going off topic, Marty is presenting himself as a possible nut-case that will not be taken seriously.
  39. Anonymous Member

Remember who Fields's client is?

2wlyhl0.jpg
    jqtbn6.gif
    25rmbmx.gif
    24gq3vd.gif
    k3wxsk.jpg

Tom Cruise thinks psychiatry was behind 9/11 and that Methadone was named after Adolph Hitler.

Marty could have brought up the Bildebergers and the Trilateral Commission and still looked sane next to that.
  40. Optimisticate Member

The way he's reacting is the same way some here respond to trolls. They don't see it as a troll at first. Then they overreact, bring up everything else under the sun that pisses them off, fire off a angry self-serving response, then look at the mess they made and say "oh shit."

I'm not sure MR is at the "oh shit" phase yet though.

Scientologists seem to freak out when they don't receive immediate submission to demands.