Customize

Marty leaving Ingleside on the Bay (IOB) Texas

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Nov 30, 2012.

1. grebe Member

Well originally I was imagining a press release and short, clever video with a statement about Fair Game. Now I might focus on "SP handling."
    • Like Like x 1
  2. grebe Member

I want the public to understand that Scientology itself rather than some of its members, or some portion of its optional teachings, is inherently offensive to fundamental democratic values.

Also, by focusing upon a doctrine within Scientology that we no wants, I'd like to make it impossible for Scientology to re-invent itself under some new name.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Anonymous Member

Scientology would like the public to think the Anonymous are fair-gaming them, but it's too late for that.

OSA: think of us as the vipaka to your karma.
    In your lingo: You pulled us in. Better look for your overts.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. anonamus Member

5. grebe Member

If I fight something called "Scientology," then my opponent has an easy escape route: re-brand much of the business under a new name and translate Scientology teachings into some new jargon.

If I fight a core principle within Scientology, that should remove the re-brand escape route, as a core principle will still be visible even if some new words are used to express it.

Also, by fighting for some principle, I'm no longer a Hatfield fighting a McCoy. I'm just fucking winning, and five years from now I won't be involved in any of this shit.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. YouSeeNothing Member

I think we're all here for different reasons. For me, as it's the only interface I have with the cult, it's the fact that the cult gets to distribute their religious scripture in our public schools freely, in an attempt to attract fresh meat. I'm not having much success getting the news to pick up on it locally. Now I think I understand your motivation and your desire to validate your choice of protest. :)

I didn't want to come across as negative, nor as a constant Devil's advocate. I just wanted to understand your motivation and validate my feelings on the topic you brought up. Like I said, I agree with you that any harassment is wrong, I believe Fair Game is a good target.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. DeathHamster Member

Since the policy was never canceled, I think that you're speculating in what-if never never land.
  8. Nancy Beazley Member

I post this here, not to suggest another target (Ivy League Schools and sororities and fraternities), but to illustrate how the basic principle of Fair Game precipitates throughout society -- in this case as hazing. In part, "In October, sophomore Yesuto Shaw, 18, described being beaten at a Dartmouth fraternity house, called demeaning names and barred from speaking with friends who weren’t members of the group."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...s-down-as-students-spiral-out-of-control.html
  9. grebe Member

Oh I know Fair Game was never cancelled. Why would the Loyal Officers ever want to make life easy for the Marcabians?

But I don't want to waste my time going back and forth with people arguing "it was cancelled," if I don't have to. That's why I'm thinking the SP handling doctrine might suit my purposes better than the Fair Game policy.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

Ask Paulette Cooper, Jesse Prince, or Ken Dandar if Fair Game was ever cancelled by the cult.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. wolfbane Member

I like where your thoughts are going on this. Except don't use their jargon, use real world jargon and then you eliminate the 'religious practice' room for bawling.

After all, what is an SP to a Scientologist that buys into fair game being OK? An enemy. And that's one of the key indicators of a destructive cult - they see enemies everywhere, they need enemies to justify their policies of oppression, and their policies make them feel entitled to harassing & attacking those enemies with no remorse.

So SP Handling could also be seen as an "enemy mentality" that becomes the twisted parallel of a "victim mentality."
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. grebe Member

Retarded hazing rituals invented by idiots with no sense of safety or decency is not Fair Game.

Fair Game, as I've seen practiced by Scientology, is meant to silence criticism or opposition to the aims of Scientology using various methods of extortion and intimidation.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. grebe Member

I want the Scientologists to claim that their violation of my civil rights is a sacred practice special to their religion.

If I've been good, do you think Santa might put this gift under the tree for me?
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. YouSeeNothing Member

That's a hard one to fight too. Lots of religions have "bitter apostates" that are disconnected when they leave their respective churches. There's nothing illegal about the church calling former members SPs. Look, if you want to end all of the transgressions from the cult, you need to take away their ability to make money and add new members. You can make the public aware (though I think the general public has an inkling after Katie blew) and that may help reduce new membership. But, and I validated this yesterday with someone who knows nothing about the cult, I think most people have no idea what's going on and look at the bad stuff as conspiracy theory and none-of-their-business-it's-their-religion. Are you talking about an information campaign to highlight SPs?

Or you can help me get that shit out of our schools! :)
  15. grebe Member

SPs make up about 2.5% of the population according to Scientology.
  16. rickybobby Member

Agree with this. I think the jargon complicates it. We need to look at this more from a "public" uninformed perspective, rather than ours. The words "fair game" mean nothing to most people, and their figurative eyes glaze over when you start using insider terms like that. I think we should call it what it IS-- institutional bullying and intimidation as part of church policy.
    They basically have a church doctrine of bullying and intimidation, and they use church resources to do this. And they instruct their members to do this on an individual basis. This is what we need to get the public at large to understand.

Our challenge is to draw big, bold lines to help John Q Public connect the dots. Right now, most people don't even know that Christian Science =/= Scientology, and much less that Dianetics=Scientology=Narconon=Applied Scholastics.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. rickybobby Member

I will absolutely help get this shit out of our schools. Give me a letter to write, a call to make, an email to send, a website to comment, I will be your footsoldier. One of my hotbuttons is them sucking in our youngsters.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. YouSeeNothing Member

I would guess there may be more SPs past and present than there are actual current members. :) You can list all of the negative aspects of being declared. Disconnection, fair game, etc. and point the Headley's and others as examples. To get the broadest message out there it would need to get picked up by the media and to do that you'd need a decent hook. With the books thing, I put together a media blast that contains the background info on the cult, it's policy on scripture and a list of schools in the area and the scripture contained in their libraries. I sent this out to all the papers and tv stations in town and got a response from one councilman and no follow up. It's an uphill climb and unless it affects the general public, no one is going to pick it up. In your case, you're talking about 1.5% (claimed) of the population--are they saying 1.5% of all people are declared SPs?! In reality, that population has to be tiny and it only affects a tiny portion of the general public and being declared only seems to affect the wog relatives of a scilon that is declared? With the book things, I was going after something that affected all wogs with kids.
  19. grebe Member

Only in the sense that the jargon must be explained.

Jargon can also make something generic, ordinary, and everywhere seem much more distinct and uniquely important to a particular group.
  20. rickybobby Member

Would you be willing to share your media blast? Would love to not have to re-invent the wheel.... and personally I love some armchair activism using nothing but email and USPS. Easy and satisfying.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. grebe Member

22. Anonymous Member

it's 2.5% are SPs, not 1.5
    and 'fair game' is a perfectly good English phrase that people know without ever having heard of scientology. It means about the same thing in English as in scientology
  23. YouSeeNothing Member

I gotcha. You had mentioned disconnection before and I got hung up on that.
  24. Anonymous Member

disconnection = shunning
    but the Scientology cult is just unable to leave people alone.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. YouSeeNothing Member

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/cos-materials-in-public-school-libraries.104791/
    The letter is in that thread and I posted links to hundreds of school libraries and the CoS materials they contain. Thank you!

Grebe, let me know if you want help putting a packet together or focusing your message. I may not agree on everything but I'll help offer a solution. :)
  26. grebe Member

There's no consensus on this idea of mine, of speaking out against the Fair Game/SP handling of a Scientologist. No consensus, no project. Maybe someday.
  27. Anonymous Member

Rather than "Fair Game" the term "terrorism" could be used, for that is what it is:

28. grebe Member

Oh God please no.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  29. Anonymous Member

Scientology is the United State's largest internal terrorism organisation. It is more religiously dogmatic than any abortion clinic sniper or Muslim jihadist.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  30. grebe Member

I want to win. I will not win if I start calling Scientologists "terrorists," even if some of them behave like terrorists.

The term, "terrorist" in the US is now met with a feeling of being manipulated and herded by unpleasant goons with some agenda.
  31. Anonymous Member

Its working for Scientology, Anonymous has already been lumped in with the terrorist label as part of the justification for internet controls.
  32. Anonymous Member

It has come to my attention that the Church of Scientology has several books in our public school library system. These books, are indoctrination literature used to draw children into the cult. As adults, we have the benefit of wisdom that comes with age, but our children are naive and extremely malleable.

The books our public school library system include:
    • The Way To Happiness No local copies1 of 1 available off-site DVD 170 WAY L. Ron Hubbard Library. Published 2009
    • The New Grammer : Grammer No local copies2 of 2 available off-site 423 L. Ron Hubbard.
    • Small Common Words Defined : Dictionary No local copies2 of 2 available off-site 423 L. Ron Hubbard.
    • How to use a dictionary picture book No local copies2 of 2 available off-site 423 Hubbard, L. Ron (La Fayette Ron), 1911- Published 1999 Reading Level: 4.2 Interest Level: 3-6L. Ron Hubbard
    • education, literacy, and civilization. No local copies1 of 1 available off-site 371.1 Hub Hubbard, L. Ron. (La Fayette Ron). Published 1996

I wanted to make you aware that these books are a danger to our children. Please research the ongoing criminal cases in regards to the Church of Scientology. They are responsible for the destruction of families, the abuse of children, harassment of critics and most recently accused in the deaths of several young people at the Scientology-owned and run Narconon facilities throughout the United States. I cannot ask you to censor or remove the books, I merely request that you educate yourselves, your librarians and our children on the dangers. Please do the right thing.

I will be forwarding this information to our local media to help increase community awareness.

Suggested research: http://www.denverpost.com/investiga...gy-ties-tutoring-kids-colorado-public-schoolshttp://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/02/scientology_and_5.phphttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/28/florida-public-charter-sc_n_1307034.html

Thank you for caring!
    Sincerely, A Concerned Parent

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...-public-school-libraries.104791/#post-2174265
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

34. grebe Member

I suppose I have a different audience in mind than you.
  35. Anonymous Member

who are you seeking to address?
  36. rickybobby Member

Thanks for the link. LOTS of good stuff there. I don't have the time to go back and sort through old threads much, so I appreciate those of you who have been around awhile pointing us newbies to the good stuff.
  37. DeathHamster Member

Then say so, rather than implying that Fair Game was cancelled.
  38. grebe Member

Okay DeathHampster. I'll try to be more careful. Sometimes I think my meaning is clear in the context of a long conversation when that is not the case.
  39. grebe Member

People like Brian Dunning of Skeptoid.com.
  40. fishypants Moderator

Well, I'm no lawyer but I can think of a few circumstances where it might be part of a broader pattern of behaviour which is illegal:

- Where declaring the person an 'SP' is part of organising a Scientology harassment campaign against them which includes illegal actions, such as the criminal conspiracy organised by Scientology in Operation Freakout, or the death threats made by Scientologists against journalist Paul Bracchi here in the UK.

- Where the threat of declaring a person an 'SP' is used as "coercive persuasion" in order to keep a Scientology member in psychological captivity - e.g. the threat that if a member leaves Gold Base (or leaves Scientology) then they'll be declared an SP.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1