Customize

Market value of Fort Harrison downgraded from $16.7M to $7.7M between 2008 and 2009

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by _You_, Dec 14, 2009.

1. _You_ Member

Re: Market value of Fort Harrison downgraded from $16.7M to $7.7M between 2008 and 20

215 S. Ft. Harrison St.
  2. _You_ Member

Re: Market value of Fort Harrison downgraded from $16.7M to $7.7M between 2008 and 20

Do you happen to have a parcel #? lol. The address are coming up dead,

Is that Fort Street?

I happen to know that based on past research, scilons only pay on a portion of the county assessed value, due to thier "religious exemptions"
  3. pedrofcuk Member

Oh You And Your Super Powers!
  4. Optimisticate Member

Pssssst.... Tobin and Childs have had some info sent their way...

Not sure they'll do anything with it, but hey, ya never know!
  5. DeathHamster Member

They probably spent a lot on those CAD-rendered videos of how nice the building will look (with all those super shiny textures)...
  6. Shellback Member

Nop! - according to the rumor, Stine mart and the Harbor view convention center (which are in the same building) will be torn down.

Northpinellas: Clearwater wants project okay to alter Harborview

Northpinellas: Primed for development
  7. _You_ Member

Err... The OP posted the proper link to the news article...
  8. _You_ Member

Hmm... Let me see again...

Assessed value: $7,700,00
    Taxable value: $2,079,000
    Tax bill: $45,723

Assessed value: $16,732,800
    Taxable value: $4,517,856
    Tax bill: $96,333

Assessed value: $11,528,400
    Taxable value: $3,112,670
    Tax bill: $74,634

So yes, it seems this lower assessment comes in handy... The tax bill went back to what it was two decades ago. Isn't that something?

Ref.: https://www.pinellas.county-taxes.com/tcb/app/re/accounts?alternate_key=16/29/15/00000/130/0100
  9. _You_ Member

1. Invest $40m into building
    2. Have said building depreciate in value by approx 50%
    3. ???
    4. Profit!
  10. Onanymous Member

16-29-15-94896-000-0010

It has no address yet, as it was never completed.

Oh yeah, and btw, the Old Clearwater Bank building (nice one) dropped also, from $2,980,100 to $2,969,000, in other words, the valuation virtually stayed the same. Randomly clicking various CoS properties lead to drop in the same range. Which makes the Ft Harrision huge drop even more questionable...
  11. DeathHamster Member

As soon as they open the Super Power, doesn't the Fort Harrison go back on the rolls as a taxable property?

Lucky for CoS that the appraisal dropped like that, isn't it? (Assuming that they ever open the Super Power and pay the daily penalty that the city might charge them.)
  12. RightOn Member

all very curious indeed and should be looked into
    the local tax payers should know about this.
    especially surrounding business owners
  13. _You_ Member

[IMG]

It is only going to get worse for them in the future. Who will buy buildings that will be underwater in 20 years?
  14. _You_ Member

So it was upgraded to a "five diamond property," after being restored as "it once was when it opened in the 1920’s," and yet lost more than half of its pre-renos value... If I remember correctly, the community didn't get to experience "the four restaurants, the tea room, elegant ballrooms and an ambiance," as they didn't keep their promises to let the public visit. Are they afraid the public is going to notice that the reality doesn't quite match the computer-generated renderings?

The Oak Cove hotel, onto which the CoS poured $30M in renovations, didn't experience such a drop in value: $16,670,000 to $14,863,199.

I am adding a "Renovation" entry to keep track of the reported spending:

Scientology-linked real estate: 210 South Osceola Avenue Clearwater FL
    Scientology-linked real estate: 210 South Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater FL
  15. Herro Member

Ann people were postulating about why the fort harrison hotel has experienced a marked decline in value. Nobody had mentioned that this decline coincides exactly with the timing of a global recession and collapse of the housing market in the US (I think one person suggested the recent downturn in the housing market but people just ignored it). So I thought it should be brought up as a contributing factor to consider. I never said it was the only reason. Read posts more carefully and above all else, lurk moar.

So Annstering.
  16. _You_ Member

Three of the first four posts referenced the economic downturn and market collapse. Posting about it again was pedantic.
    The facts you have ignored are the extremely high drop in assessed value does not seem justified even in light of the real estate market collapse and that adjacent properties haven't been reduced at all.
    Funny seeing you tell anybody else to lurk more and read the thread.
  17. Anonydon Member

Actually the CGI renderings were all done by the SO. I met the guy that was managing that aspect of it and we had a nice little chat. He claimed that DM had him doing changes to it even as there were elements in place that would have to be removed in favor of the new design. It was a blast trying to watch the $cilons tell this one gigantor black fella that all the work he did to their specs were now wrong and he has to tear out everything and then redo it to the new specs. Oh and do it for free because it isn't right. I thought that darky was going to rip his head right off and install it in a wall sconce! He said as soon as I get a change order and a check then I will. One of the reasons I removed my bid and stepped away from the project is because of the massive amounts of changes that they wanted to be done for free. They call it donating your labor to the church, I call it slave labor FAGGOTRY. If you werent there from sun up to sun down like the SO then you were looked at as a bad person. I had no intention on doing heavy construction while being in a sleep deprived state of exhaustion.
  18. auchraw Member

Interesting comparison: the cult also renovated the Failboat 2008-2009. According to fairly reliable reports, some from their contractors, they spent $24,000,000 on a rust-bucket that is worth a negative amount. It has no resale value and the cost of breaking would be horrendous given the probability that blue asbestos still lurks. Same kind of sum: zero + $24 million =zero.

I believe they hope to impress their public with superficial glamour (rubbish but not necessarily cheap), so that they don't notice they are signing away their pension funds. The Freewinds refit may also have been to comply with new SOLAS regs about non-combustible materials and other things. But as it is trading, every passenger is costing them $8000 dollars over the first year.

[strike] I think a sister-ship the Princess Marina? was scuttled. [/strike] Wrong ship. But another similar ship the Prinz Hamlet was scrapped in Turkey in 2002 and the Princess Marissa formerly the Finnhansa was broken up in Alang, India in 2008. Old boat is OLD.
  19. incog712 Member

Trufax, it's just that the numbers in the headline of that story don't make any sense. The "40 million" dollar stuperpowerz building across the street, while still far from completion after 11 years, is a considerably larger project than last years renovation of the Ft. Harrison hotel.

If they really are sticking to the story that they spent 40 mil on the reno, than they're going to have to change their story on Stuperpowerz to something closer to a hundred million thousand dollars!!!

Not that there would be anything at all surprising about that.
  20. _You_ Member

Their probably full of shit (as usual) and never spent close to that on either ft homicide or the failwinds. They claimed those pansies at gold were worth thousands and they clearly were not. Probably a stats thing, they perceive that inflating the numbers will benefit them somehow so they inflate. Like they have never done that before. lol
  21. Re: Market value of Fort Harrison downgraded from $16.7M to $7.7M between 2008 and 20

It'sda new math of applied scholastics which duzn't no howz ta grammaah ether, the numbers are way offf but always bene fishal to the 15 millyum memberz uv Scientology and expanding explosively in "Epic" 2009 according to reliable sources, Tommy Davis and David Miscavige.