Customize

Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Safe, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Safe Member

Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

I love that word and what it represents. It's not jaded or held in contempt either.

Doesn't Marty and Mike practices ImPissedAtHimOlogy?
  2. Kanonimus Member

Safe,

I concur with others who have (my rewording follows here) suggested that you take a bit of a break here. Certainly, come back, and reread this thread from the beginning, and you might learn a valuable lesson in how anons respond to:

Ex-scientologists
    Newbies
    Trolls
    OGs
    Other anons
    Other faggots
    Mods

It's all in this one thread! So, congrats to you Safe, you've accomplished alot!

And if my supah powahs are real, then this thread will be domed before nightfall.

Also, welcome!
  3. i'mglib Member

Getting back to your point....ahem.

I totally agree with much of what you say.

I get so frustrated with the Indies on Marty's blog, when they continue to walk around with the blinders on. On the thread about Daniel Montalvo being accused of abuse by his wife, someone mentioned an old critic in the comments, and someone else said, "Oh, that guy was a wife beater." (Obviously I am paraphrasing.) Somehow they totally didn't get the irony that they could see that Daniel was being dead agented with wife-beating accusations, just the same as critics before him. Many of them still instinctively believe the dead agent crap, and don't seem to be able to see the pattern.

I truly don't care what they believe.

I just wish they could defend their arguments without resorting to dodges, ad hominems, and bad logic. Scientologists and many exes are masters at bad logic.

People on any message board, or even IRL should "win" an argument by simply OUT ARGUING the other person. Just make a better argument. I really admire people who do that.

Also, welcome.

PS That said, I have gone off the rails at times when confronted in real life by handlers. It ain't easy. One tends to get excited. Watch anonsparrow1 on Youtube to see someone who does it well, but he's a master.
  4. Anonymous Member

fify, baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLORlKRW5v4
  5. LocalSP Member

And yet you still let yourself be fixed by what is written by someone else. It's just another person telling you what to do.

Self help books, for those that are to lazy to think for themselves.
  6. Safe Member

Noted. And thanks for the welcome.

My past experience of two different cultures of domination (my punishment drive parents and the punishment drive "church") has caused me to finally reject anybody else's opinion of how I "should" be or how I must "conform" to somebody else's wishes.

I'm an individualist who does what he feels right, and will never obey another out of their demands. I only cooperate because I've decided to and/or agreed to. I do nothing unless it's out of the 100% willingness of my heart.

The reason I mention this is because I'm hearing, "this is THE WAY how 'we' do things around here." Perhaps I'm not hearing correctly, though. I don't really care how others handle the many "labels" of fictitious groups of "thinks all the same way" types of people. The idea of groups is a myth. Everybody is an individual with their own set of independent thoughts. (Save the name-brand Scientologist. ;))
  7. Anonymous Member

" and will never obey another out of their demands."

is this before or after you "deprogrammed yourself"?

'cause Scientology is rife with demands
  8. Safe Member

I see you feel self help books offer no real value, and that you feel that they're meant for just lazy people, perhaps too dumb to think for themselves.

Did you go to school and get an education? Did you use any books in school that helped you? All those books are self help books if they helped you. So I'm concerned with your apparent animosity towards non-fiction books (self help books).

Did you have reading problems in school growing up?
  9. i'mglib Member

I don't think this is necessarily true. Sometimes you learn ideas from books that just don't come to you spontaneously, and after you read it are really helpful.

For instance, I recommend "He's Just Not That Into You" to girls who are dating and get dumped. It really helps explain things from a guy's point of you, and shows how men and women think differently. But it isn't a bible or guide to life, it just gives you some things to think about in certain situations.

So, I haven't read the book he recommends, but maybe it helps exes wake up, without necessarily becoming a bible.

Edit: Also, I don't think there's any evidence of people who don't read such books as having reading problems.
  10. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

A little disconnection song to lift spirits up ;). It goes with the tittle of this thread. :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81I5NkudQm0[/ame]
  11. Safe Member

After i deprogrammed myself. Yes, name-brand Scientology is humongously rife with demands. In fact, to be exact, a list of 273 rules/crimes/demands of the Church of Scientology in the "Introduction to Scientology Ethics" book.

The most outrageous one of all with the most potential for abuse and tyranny is this one ...

"Committing a Problem."

Imagine THAT one written in Law. The tyrants would have a hayday!

The CofS is a microcosm of North Korea RIGHT NOW. That is the truth.

No wonder Germany is so worried about CofS. They have good reason to be concerned. If CofS really ever did grow like wildfire to "clear" the planet, our Earth would be a new living hell just like North Korea is to their poor, dumb, numb, and docile "subjects".
  12. Django Member

Have you checked out the Ex Scientologists Message Board (exscn.net) yet?
  13. Skeptic1337 Member

You know what's funny, after what 50 years this "theory" has never come to pass.

Any one with an IQ over room temperature can tell it's a cult and that the "tech" is just bad self help bullshit which in the past 50 years any minor benefit has been improved upon by people who actually didn't want to run a cult.

It's why I always find it funny freezoners/ indies talk about "the tech, it works!" while it might it's like trying to do your taxes on a commodore 64.
  14. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

IQ of people being sucked in by a cult is actually slightly above average lol :p But in the case of COS now Yes you must be ignoramus or living in asia
  15. Skeptic1337 Member

Which test did you use to measure that? And does that test have a male / female bias?

I'm basing my research on, only fucking morons would get sucked into scientology. So far I'm batting a 1000.
  16. Anonymous Member

Marty shillin fer scamatology. Big arsed herd of cats now eat at the salad bar Marty has set. Anon and Og. FFS.
  17. Anonymous Member

No arguement from my corner mate. Morons in morons out.
  18. Safe Member

I agree with everything you said.

Clarification: All I asked was just a question ...

"Did you have reading problems in school growing up?"

I've discovered that sometimes those who scowl at books have reading problems. A 13 year-old I know, who hates books, has reading problems. He only criticizes books because he struggles reading them.

It's uncomfortable for him to read. By the time he slowly gets through his sentences, he forgets what he just read, because his attention is on the struggle, not the content. He's not an isolated case of this kind of reading comprehension.

Of course, it would be a stretch to suggest that just because this person scorns at self-help books, it is actual evidence of reading problems. That would be silly and presumptive. However, it COULD be an indication of reading troubles.
  19. Safe Member

Yes.
  20. Anonymous Member

Wut r u searchin 4???????
  21. Safe Member

I was just searching out others' viewpoints to see if they may be helpful to me. Why do you ask?
  22. Anonymous Member

"I was" or am? B moar specific pL0x
  23. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

http://www.michaelshermer.com/weird-things/excerpt/

24. Safe Member

My God. Is this an investigative security-check? I feel like I'm being drilled down by CofS! ;)
  25. Anonymous Member

ignore the troll.

As for skeptic, i would argue that intelligence has little to do with being led by the nose or trapped into a brainwashing cult.
  26. Skeptic1337 Member

You understand the meaning of satire?

A guy writes a paper saying intelligent people are gullible.

What happens? Gullible people now think they some how are more intelligent then the average person.

So he just conned you again. Proving that you and all scientologists are morons yet again and will fall for any bullshit people feed you.

I love that article.
  27. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

You are pretty gullible to yourself for a know it all.

"And where evidence is lacking, the mind fills in the gaps, and smart minds are better at gap filling."
  28. grebe Member

Yeah always tell the marks how intelligent and awesome they are.
  29. grebe Member

But now I'm wondering, is knowledge even knowable? If not, how do we know this?
  30. LocalSP Member

Never said dumb but some how you equate lazy with dumb. Perhaps you are dumb but I never intimated that in my post. But I'm also not the one that was sucked into a cult. Make of that what you will.

You ranting and whining about Marty, (as if you expected him to be any different) you throwing out terms from some self help writer, it seems to me that you are still in need of some serious help. You've just exchanged one Hubbard for another, someone to tell you how you should think.

I'm curious, would you care to tell us how you found yourself sucked into a dangerous cult in the first place?

All I can say is thank god you didn't run into Manson or Jim Jones first.
  31. Safe Member

Besides name-brand Scientology, I also consider Christianity a cult too. I wonder what IQ does it take to believe that a man got eaten by a whale, and then came out of it just fine? There are many other ridiculous stories, too.

My whole family believe's in the evil Bible, which reading includes lots of vile criminal acts (http://www.evilbible.com), but I'm still tolerant of their beliefs as long as they don't practice any of those criminal acts on myself or others. I deprogrammed myself out of Christian cult at age 19. Thomas Paine in his book, "The Age of Reason" helped me shake the Christian inculcation I grew up in.

I have no problem with anybody believing what they want, no matter how ridiculous and ignorant it appears to me, as long as nobody is abused.
  32. Safe Member

I see that you are angry about my use of the word "dumb" when I wrote ...

"and that you feel that they're meant for just lazy people, perhaps too dumb to think for themselves."

Perhaps you misunderstood the word "perhaps".
  33. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

[IMG]
  34. Squirrel King Member

You think whatever you want but when you are in the house of another, you need to follow their rules.
  35. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

EXACTLY

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

-Thomas Paine
  36. grebe Member

I wonder if this and the "not meeting your needs" responses are examples of the non-violent communication tools Safe has mentioned.

If so, then I can say with complete confidence that "NVC" is utter shite.
  37. LocalSP Member

So now you're trying to do my thinking for me[?] Thats rich. Sorry but I can do my own thinking thank you. Nice dodge on my question by the way.
  38. Safe Member

You still feel anger, I see. It may be a good idea to clear up the word "perhaps", still. Just a gentle suggestion. It could be a "crashing" misunderstood word.

When you can pose a question to me which I feel is not coming from an angry heart, I will be more likely to oblige by answering you.
  39. grebe Member

Safe, when you shift the focus of a discussion onto the emotions or personality of the person talking to you, you're likely leaving rational discourse for something else.

Put yourself in the other guy's shoes. Imagine making a point, offering a criticism, asking a question, whatever. Instead of answering your point, the other party says, "I sense you have deep seated unresolved emotional issues."

Not a recipe for "nonviolence."
  40. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

SAFE you are being Passive Agressive :cool: