Customize

Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Safe, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

Safe you just made my day. LOL
    I love you. <3
  2. Miranda Member

This is the funniest thing I've seen here in a while. Safe, Anonymous posting protects people who might be endangered by posting publicly. Also, it detaches the ego (somewhat) and allows people to post more freely. It isn't always a matter of irresponsibility--anonymity puts the focus on the ideas themselves.

Please tell me you didn't think all those posts were by John Sweeney.
  3. Detaching from The Ego

Detaching from The Ego - Notebooks of Paul Brunton
  4. Safe Member

[Blush] :)
  5. Anonymous Member

Will the real john sweeney please stand up.
  6. Anonymous Member

And now I too am laughing my ass off!
  7. Miranda Member

True confession: At first I thought Anonymous was just one person too. I thought, wow, how lucky he was to get that name on this site.
  8. thereckoning Member

That's the upside of allowing people to post anonymously, what's the downside?

People also have a tendency to act more irresponsible if they know it wouldn't come back on them or they won't be held responsible for what they say. ( or do )

I think it leaves as much room for abuse as it does for self expression.
  9. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

Are all moderators non 4channers ? Or even all Ex-Scientologists ?
  10. Miranda Member

No.
  11. Safe Member

Now I understand. LOL. Believe me, I'm laughing my own ass off at myself for how this one unknown confusion of mine created a disaster, but hopefully a laughable disaster here in the end. :)

No, my confusion wasn't THAT bad. LOL. I never once thought it even could be Sweeny.

I love John Sweeny. I consider him a mans' man, who has steel balls, and is doing a lot of good. Except for Tommy Davis baiting Sweeny when Sweeny slipped up, John Sweeny is THE definition of British politeness I would ever like to aspire to.
  12. Anonymous Member

Dude, that was me, and I'm not Marty or a Marty acolyte or a Marty troll.

Maybe Safe's not the only one confused here. Did you know wwp is visible to everybody on the internet? Did you know you don't even have to join the board to read it? SRSLY!
  13. BLiP Member

I believe in my heart of hearts that Scientology and scientologists are an endless source of lols.
  14. Anonymous Member

There are lots of reasons why, preventing people from getting huge egos is one of them. anons are only as good as their last post. some of us used to think that none of us were more important than the next, and everyone was dis/respected equally. (no leaders)

Being able to speak out, even against your own group with out having to worry about embarrassment, or people holding a grudge against you personally is a big plus. - but i think it is more tradition than anything else.

(don't read this as a good ol' days post it isn't one)
  15. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

"The Overt doth protest to much"

Meh I believe you I think.
  16. slobeck Member

OK, now that we have that all straightened out... i wonder if we can get back to the original topic (the way M's blog is moderated)... prolly waaaay too late for that now.

20 minutes ago I thought I hated Safe. But now he's made me laugh so hard I <3 him again.
  17. Anonymous Member

More like DID/Multiple Personality Disorder.
  18. Anonymous Member

I already suggested this for Safe.

Apparently he isn't catching onto the most likely solution to being able to talk LRH nuttiness.
  19. Anonymous Member

I knew that years before Chanology started, but now I'm just a node in the hivemind. :) I had no idea what Anonymous was before that.
  20. thereckoning Member

Well nice to meet you "me".

No! Get out of here! You're kidding!

Surely you jest! You blow me away with your enlightenment.

Hey wait a minute, isn't Marty Rathbun and his people on the Internet too?

No! Get out of here! You're kidding!

Really! You blow me away with your enlightenment again.
  21. Anonymous Member

Does that frustrate you ? Do you feel you need to talk about it with someone ?

http://www.l-ron-hubbard-bibliotheca.org/images/b/b1/LRH13.jpg
  22. Safe Member

I want to thank the moderators for having the fortitude for seeing things through this far. It's because of this fortitude that the confusion was unleashed. To me, that is expert, patient, cool-headed moderation.

I also thank you, Krautfag, for bringing to me to my attention, this misunderstood. Talk about a sky-diving accident "MU"! Now I really know what can happen from even a simple confusion, more than ever. That was bright of you to spot it.
  23. Krautfag Member

I bet the mods don't get to hear _that_ often. :p

It touches the free-speech aspect though, and how Anonymous treats it. Yes, the thread should have been domed (you will find out what that means soon enough, I suppose) due to the sheer train wreck value alone, but I guess to make a point (to you and other Scienos probably) it was left running.
  24. Anonymous Member

Welcome to the hive mind, Safe. You might find it easier to just click the Make Post Anonymous button.
  25. BLiP Member

Are you willing to admit now that you are unable to see what is right in front of your face?

[IMG]
  26. Astoria Member

Safe, I can imagine that you might have felt a slight antagonism toward this "Anonymous" perhaps from your first encounter on WWP (the marty defense thread)... Here you are back trying to start afresh and then he/she/it is once again being a complete and utter schizophrenic asshole! :)

I'm so glad this misunderstanding was cleared up :) The way this thread became so confusing and surreal was really starting to make my head hurt.
  27. thereckoning Member

He could be new to the message board, why don't you let up?
  28. Anonymous Member

Safe = Herro
  29. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

the end
  30. Anonymous Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  31. BLiP Member

Why don't you give him a cuddle and I'll go fetch his blankey.
  32. Anonymous Member

I have a very funny yo dawg pic.would any one like to see it.
  33. Anonymous Member

yes?
  34. Anonymous Member

yes
  35. Anonymous Member

Are you sure,it's rather rude.
  36. Anonymous Member

I luv the dome
  37. Skeptic1337 Member

How did you become a mod?
  38. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

Safe,
    I'm going to help you a bit here and i'm not going to mince words.

L R Hubbard like all people said right things and wrong things. The great difficulty one faces leaving is the confusion of going through and working out what was right and what was wrong.

It is the opinion of many here that LRH had a psychopathic personality where he was interested primarily in obtaining power for the sake of his own benefit.

Part of that plan was to create a system whereby he could control people using standard systems of what is loosely called thought control. That system he termed 'the tech'

There are known methods which have been methodically tested (and you can do those tests for yourself independent as in true scientific fashion)

There is a lot of info available: look at milgrams experiments, look at the excellent NZ documentary "how to spot a cult" Look at any docos on Jim Jones, Children of God, David Karesh etc etc..

To control people all you need to do is control their relationships and their communication.

Looking at the tech as a whole, through the big picture and not in terms of some of it was right and some he got wrong, but looking at it as a whole, It's sole purpose overall is to control through a system of gradients; people's relationships and communication.

How?

First step is group consensus. this needs some kind of central figure who is represented (usually they represent themselves but is backed up by myths of other members) So, a leader who has some 'insight' weather from god or some other divinity inspired process has some information not available to the ordinary person. This secret or information they say, if you follow their direct instruction will free you from, to keep it very simple, 'the pain of life'

They will ask you to accept thoughts not naturally inherent. They will make sense and need truth wrapped up in them, but at their core is a fundamental flaw.

The classic in road and first thought control usually experienced in Scientology which is true but cloaked in deception is the phrase "what's true for you is true for you" It's hard to deny that statement. It's the fundamental thing we all have which keeps sanity and order in our minds. But we also know that people can be deceived, hallucinate and be subject to illusion. So the idea that our experiences are true is not always the case.

Having a one on one talk discussion with someone will bring up discussion which can become debate and even embroiled in conflict (such as we see on this thread)becomes something else when a group goes into consensus or as Hubbard knew it: "agreement". This becomes increasingly dangerous, as experienced by those who left can attest, when you go into agreement with absurdity as such with OT 3. What is happening in the mind of the person is the slow process away from natural thinking aligned with reality to a mental state which is embroiled in confusion. Hubbard termed this the 'gradient' in order for it to gain acceptance. But by going into this agreement you are letting someone tell you what to think, until you can no longer think for yourself and left a tool to be used in any way the controlling person (uplines) wants to use you. In Hubbards case, it was to obtain as much power and wealth as possible.

Next, is the idea of controlling relationships. Here the objective is to create the idea that the 'leader' is the primary relationship figure. It might include group consensus where everyone claps at a statue of the figure or by the group consensus where everyone has to call the figure things like 'source' This is protected like in the nazi army by a security group whos sole objective is to police through strict punishment the tenements of the leader. In other words this police organization will have people wanting to dob people in when they have 'critical' thinking about the leader or dare criticize the structures or ideas of the leader. KSW, ethics, knowledge reports etc etc are all examples of this part of the tech in Scientology. Also the fundamental idea that family is not an important part of your spiritual eternity, in the sense that it is almost coincidental you just happened to find a meat body there and further that your true family is Scientology itself.

So the fear about disconnection, the last important aspect of the tech which controls, is two edged. Firstly it means you loose your spiritual eternity and being stripped of your beliefs but more importantly, it is the dis ownership of your family. This is what is called relationship control. So in a moment of critical inquiry which the mind naturally seeks, it can be stopped through fear of loss (via the ethics police)- and because you have gone in agreement with all this to begin with, leaves your mind totally naked which is a very difficult and vulnerable mind state to be in.

In this sense no independent thinking can be obtained and that is why its called thought control. Your thoughts are under control because you choose not to have critical thinking through fear of loss. The brain and memories are like muscles. You train them not to have certain thoughts and also to have certain thoughts. But at the core of mind control is deception, and the human mind is resilient to seeking a way out of this labyrinth you get a state of oscillation in the mind which is classically known as psychosis.

The key for you is to get back to your natural way of thinking. And through persistence on this thread and through desiring the truth you have gone a step in the right direction during this thread. In this way, the people who have confronted you on this thread are actually your greatest friends. You just don't see it yet.

Having beliefs is a natural state but seeking out' an answer outside of yourself (as in the desire to try and find something) is an illness which will always fail. Because it is you who is the only master of your own self.

It frustrates a lot of people who see people always talking about dr so and so or source or the most sickening "LRH says..." because it is the seekers of this world who let organizations like Scientology not just survive but grow into a dangerous entities. If you find lack of patience it is because of this and the frustration that organizations like Scientology and Marty's side shoot keep harming people of which children are the primary victims.

Think about it.
  39. Anonymous Member

Thank God this thread finally got what/where it deserved!

Safe it's time for you to go over to ESMB and fuck with them now, your little 'reign' here is over.
  40. bAnon Member

I am so dissapoint. YSCOHB