Customize

Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Safe, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Squirrel King Member

Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

I agree with the little blue guy. You have been willfully hostile to posters bringing up uncomfortable topics. We do not view L Ron Hubbard as a man worthy of our respect. Calling him a liar is apt as he was one. If this is trampling on your beliefs, so be it.

Please grow up and show you are worthy of our respect.
  2. Anonymous Member

Sucker!
  3. Anonymous Member

I believe what you are saying is that you want it both ways, you want to say what is wrong about someone else and not listen, giraffe ears or not, when people are saying you are guilty of the same things you complain about in others.

One of our many complaints is that Scientology and Scientologists want to have it "both ways". The idea of having it both ways is very offensive to us unless it has something to do with pictures in the dome.

Uhm, you do know this is a website designed by people who's goal was to "expel Scientology from the internet" right ?

In the above you a) want it both ways and b) are assuming people would be talking about expressing their views in a forum that was not set up to counter their views. What you are doing is like going into an org and trying to explain to everyone why psych drugs are better for you than vitamin B.

Again you are using a stereotypical argument from a scientologist, you want to broadcast your own POV and not let others do the same. (My post is not hateful, it is as if not more factual than yours) We are not telling you to shut up, we are telling you that you are wrong and until you can back up what you are (or actually are not) saying you can expect the same response that you are getting. Marty is probably laughing that you are being treated this way, but at least you have the courage to come here and say it. - He doesn't.
    You know what ? If you would have put forth half the effort combating submissive ideas as Anons show ITT , you wouldn't have been brainwashed to start with.

The correct answer to "Do birds fly, do fish swim" is "Yes, now do you have another question?" But this thread is becoming an equal waste of time, unless you are trying to get the mods to dome this thread so you can say we are as bad as marty.
  4. Astoria Member

You hear people criticising your behaviour in this thread so you try to make it about them instead. Uhm, isn't that similar to the abusive "attack, never defend"-tech so loved by Scientology?
  5. Smurf Member

Reefer city, dude. Lulz..

smoking-pot.jpg
  6. slobeck Member

Are you seriously suggesting he word-clear "perhaps" and "dumb"?! I thought that you were de-programmed :|
  7. Anonymous Member

I'm corn-fused.

You said you left the COS in 1999 and deprogrammed yourself. Then you railed on scientologists and Hubbard and indie scios. Then you defended them and quoted LRH and suggested word clearing to another Anon.

Dude. Try ESMB. They take all kinds there.
  8. Anonymous Member

LOL! <3

Smurf, sometimes I wish I was a gay male living in LA! :)
  9. Miranda Member

The "we" and "us" stuff in this thread is inappropriate. It's better to speak only for oneself. There is no "standard WWP" view on Hubbard or anything else. As we all know, even OSA is allowed to post here. That's free speech.

Safe brings up a number of legitimate issues, and various people have engaged those issues thoughtfully and energetically. That's a good thing.
  10. Safe Member

So who takes the first step, and stops the "argument toward the man"?

I am trying not to initiate argument toward any individual here, or promulgate it, though I know I've slipped. But I truly am making an effort to have productive, civil and rational conversation here.

I've found this reminder about illogical debate helpful:

Personal Attack (Argumentum Ad Hominem, literally, "argument toward the man." Also called "Poisoning the Well"): Attacking or praising the people who make an argument, rather than discussing the argument itself. This practice is fallacious because the personal character of an individual is logically irrelevant to the truth or falseness of the argument itself. The statement "2+2=4" is true regardless if is stated by criminals, congressmen, or pastors. There are two subcategories:

(1) Abusive: To argue that proposals, assertions, or arguments must be false or dangerous because they originate with atheists, Christians, [Scientologists], Communists, capitalists, the John Birch Society, Catholics, anti-Catholics, racists, anti-racists, feminists, misogynists (or any other group) is fallacious. This persuasion comes from irrational psychological transference rather than from an appeal to evidence or logic concerning the issue at hand. This is similar to the genetic fallacy, and only an anti-intellectual would argue otherwise.

(2) Circumstantial: To argue that an opponent should accept an argument because of circumstances in his or her life. If one's adversary is a clergyman, suggesting that he should accept a particular argument because not to do so would be incompatible with the scriptures is such a fallacy. To argue that, because the reader is a Republican or Democrat, she must vote for a specific measure is likewise a circumstantial fallacy. The opponent's special circumstances have no control over the truth of a specific contention. This is also similar to the genetic fallacy in some ways. If you are a college student who wants to learn rational thought, you simply must avoid circumstantial fallacies.

Logical Fallacies Handlist
  11. Anonymous Member

To Miranda's point, is the above statement true?
  12. Anonymous Member

I posted what you quoted. I did not state that was my view, I was talking about the original message to scientology video, with out which I doubt WWP would have survived in IT'S present form.

Sorry if I ruffled feathers, but I was assuming that people knew what I was talking about. FZ'rs seem to always want to latch on to only the "present form" part of that video. I was trying to counter that argument before [STRIKE]we[/STRIKE] I had to go thru it again.
  13. Miranda Member

Yes, WWP takes a stand against the abuses of CoS--but there are varying opinions about the rest. I think Chanology started as a response to CoS yanking the TC video off YT. Free speech. I might be wrong about that. But in any case everyone probably has their own reasons for being here. I'm suggesting that trying to stipulate that others' opinions conform to one's own is pointless and inappropriate. That's all I have to say about it at the moment.
  14. Anonymous Member

The embolden points echo my thoughts perfectly. I'm no fan of Marty, god knows, but I have to say, he has been fucking patient with you.
  15. Anonymous Member

I think chanology started because a bunch of kids thought it would be funny, but the TC video was a straw that broke the camel's back. Neither of those two reasons are why I am here, but both are part of the reason I stayed involved for as long as I did.

I understand how what I said may have made you feel uncomfortable- for similar reasons I won't stand next to someone that wears a "Scientology Kills" t-shirt. So please know when I say "We" I am not speaking for everyone I am speaking for myself and from a mixture of some of the views expressed here. The site is called "why WE protest" and I don't think any two of us agree about anything 100% but the format allows us to express our views as to why.
  16. Anonymous Member

Then drop the tone of moral superiority.

Drop the lectures on civil discourse, morality, or anything else, delivered from your passive-aggressive egotistical bunker.

Evidently that approach went down badly with the Scientologists and Marty and the Freezoners. Anon is just next on the list.

So I'd be grateful if you'd go through with your pissy threat to leave. Can't see why you haven't already, given you've told us what a bunch of unpleasant people we are.

If you actually do want to have a reasonable discussion here, then you're going about it 100% wrong. Giving the rest of us a junior school lecture on how we ought to be 'debating' is only liable to get the very predictable response of: fuck off and die, you pompous patronising prick.

Just because you can spell ad hominem doesn't mean you're not a wanker.

You've been acting like a cunt - that has nothing to do with the argument you're trying to make (whatever that argument is - you don't seem to have any specific point to make apart from "LOOK AT ME").
  17. Safe Member

Ahhha. Now it's making more sense.

So I have to be the "right kind" here. It's about "WHAT I am" here. I need to be a certain way that conforms to others' standards, besides my own, to be able to "fit in" here. It's about conforming to the demands of others, or else be punished with Argumentum Ad Hominem.

Hmmm. Sounds like what the "Church" of Scientology does to its own "group" too. (you know ... inculcation, programmed personality, being a robot in a collective, no thinking for oneself, no independent thought)

I thought these notions of abuse and conformity to others was exactly what most people here represented themselves as against?

Perhaps I misunderstood the intention. My bad.
  18. Safe Member

This is, perhaps, the most perfect example of Argumentum Ad Hominem I've ever seen here.
  19. Anonymous Member

yup.

if you act in an annoying way, people will get annoyed with you. that's how it is here (and everywhere else in human society).

bye then.
  20. Anonymous Member

21. Anonymous Member

22. Anonymous Member

It's true.

Safe is annoying me.

How could you tell?

I'm pretty sure he's not actually trolling here - as in, yes he's looking for the attention, but he seems to genuinely not understand that he's being a prick.

If he's a troll then he's a successful one and I bow down and admit defeat.
  23. Anonymous Member

^^^^^
    THIS!
  24. Safe Member

25. Anonymous Member

Safe, do you genuinely not understand that acting like a prick tends to annoy people?
  26. Anonymous Member

[IMG]

nuff said!
  27. Anonymous Member

Oh, I'm not holding it in. I'm expressing it.

You might want to think about what you're doing that provokes this reaction in so many very different groups of people (Scientologists, Freezoners, Anons).

Still, if annoying people gives you a feeling of power over others then hey, go for it.
  28. Safe Member

I'm not responsible for your feelings (or others) about your perception of me. If you feel annoyed, I'm sorry. I'm just being me, and if you don't like it, why continue communicating to me? Just ignore my communication. Simple. :)
  29. bAnon Member

28 pages and this hasn't been domed yet? I am dissapoint.
  30. Anonymous Member

258trollsprayu.jpg
  31. Anonymous Member

Well, hooray for the killfile.

(Safe's name -> Add to Ignore List)
  32. Safe Member

So are you saying you're having a difficult time controlling your own emotion of annoyance without reacting?

I know how that is. I, too, know this difficulty of maintaining rational composure sometimes, and have screwed up by attacking you a couple times before with Argumentum Ad Hominem.

And for that, I truly apologize. I'm working on this myself. Work in progress ...
  33. Anonymous Member

[IMG]

Could it be that he is the onley Scientologist that understands how to troll properely. I can asure you he IS a Scientologist.
  34. bAnon Member

Cool story bro. Step away from the computer and do what you say you're going to do. i.e. work on it yourself, and give us some peace and quiet.
  35. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

see that you leave it at that.

knock it off.
  36. Anonymous Member

At this point I just hold up my hands and surrender to a successful troll.

If OSA's new tactic is to annoy us into submission by sheer power of assholery this effective then I for one give up right now.
  37. Anonymous Member

I admit it. I may have wasted as much time on this thread as Safe has.

This thread is like a really bad reality show (think white/black trashy housewives of some boring town starring the poorest excuses for people with ovaries you could imagine). But you watch it religiously so you and your friends at work can talk about how bad it is.

There's gotta be a name for this syndrome. If not, maybe they'll name it after Safe.
  38. Anonymous Member

Ummmm! Sooooooooo..... Marty kicked your ass off his blog for being an attention whore or whatever the fuck! tl;dr

......the fuck is this! 28 fucking pages! Jeezus you surely have a hard on for WWP now!
  39. bAnon Member

And nothing of value was lost.

Stay on target faggot.

"Our goal is to stop the blatant illegal actions and fear-mongering used by the Church of Scientology."
  40. Safe Member

Am I forcing you to be here on this thread?

There are likely other places to go here on WWP which will fulfill your need for peace and quite. In fact, you could step away from the computer yourself, if you desire. It's all up to you. IMO, we're all responsible for our own peace and quite, others are not.