Customize

Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Safe, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Safe Member

Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

Give my avatar any meaning you wish.

I consider my new avatar a better representation of David Miscavage than I had previously.
  2. gizmogirl Member

The belief on this site is that Scientology needs to be dismantled in its present form. THAT is the purpose of this website. If you want to discuss "beliefs and salvation" do it on the hundreds of sites set up for that purpose. This is a website dedicated to bring down the cult of Scientology.

If you want help deprogramming from the cult, many on this thread have given you names and address of sites for that, all of which do not seem to interest you.

When you first posted I was sympathetic, then I was concerned for your mental state. Now I just think you are a attention-seeking self-absorbed troll and I want you to go away.

We are here to bring down the cult of Scientology. If you want to help, fine, we can always use documents of abuses, financial misdealings and fraud, or proof of disconnection. Otherwise go away.
  3. Squirrel King Member

My belief is that Scientology is a mind control cult, and agree that you are an attention whore that needs to go away.
  4. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

Wow accusing somebody of a lack of emphaty.

Do you feel good now ?
  5. Anonymous Member

The way you edited my comment for your reply, almost seems like you are trying censor my real answer. Call the kettle black much, pot ?
  6. Anonymous Member

7. FreakE420 Member

OMFG this thread is like the fuckin eveready bunny! Still Going!
  8. Anonymous Member

People with entitlement complexes shit me.
    Yes 'Safe', you shit me mostly because you just don't recognize your very obvious shortcomings.

When we see men of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves
    Confucius

Oh, and you may wish to consider your "self-deprogramming" could possibly have created a worse mental affliction than being a slave to LRH/cults

Narcissistic personality disorder - MayoClinic.com
  9. Anonymous Member

It's 'cause we can't stop ourselves from feeding him. He's soooo hungry!
  10. Anonymous Member

There's also a growing amount of evidence that scientology didn't cause safe's problems.
  11. Anonymous Member

Crack the Safe and see whats inside!
  12. Anonymous Member

Is it Safe to say this thread is too long?
  13. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHkrGNwNyvk[/ame]
  14. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

In spite of this thread being a train wreck, I've come in late (but read the gist of it) and would like to chime in.

Back to the original essence. SAFE, I am an admirer of Marshall Rosenberg too. I've successfully used his techniques with scientologists and have had incredible success with them. So, I understood where you were coming from on that.

However, I don't expect everyone to embrace Rosenberg and use his techniques, either, just because I say so. As for Marty-ites using Marshall's "non-violent communication" techniques, anyone who is still a believer in KSW simply cannot embrace any other tech. Marty posts or links to sources other than Hub on his blog only if it validates his already held KSW point. He does not really apply anything else. But, the fact that he does read and point to some other sources is a good start.

I see Marty as someone on a journey- like all of us. He will eventually face the truth: that KSW is what makes scientology a cult, not David Miscavage. He's just not there yet.

I agree that the moderation is poor on Marty's blog. The moderation basically consists of, if Marty finds you annoying, he gives you the boot. Badgering a believer to apply some non-KSW technique would of course be annoying. If he allows people to actually peddle non-KSW practices, his forum will lose its focus. In that respect, you should have seen it coming.

I find that ex-scientologists (especially FZers such as yourself) sometimes tend to latch onto to other -isms or practices, and they peddle the new things just as fervently as they did scientology. That can be annoying to anyone. I understand your enthusiasm for Rosenberg, but why insist on pushing it so hard? If someone is interested they will take a look. Rosenberg's techniques are there for people who are seeking such answers, not for those who are not.

Just my 2c.

Polly
  15. Safe Member

How about others taking a look at some of YOUR "crack". ;)

Again, what are YOUR beliefs in life? Are you an atheist? If so, why? Do you consider yourself a spiritual person?

If not, again, what do YOU believe?

It's so, so easy to take potshots at one's beliefs when one openly exposes them for others to view. So why not open up YOURSELF, and take the risk of ridicule of YOUR beliefs, of somebody taking potshots at what YOU think?

Too risky for you? Don't have the nerve? No balls?
  16. Safe Member

Polly, you're right. Thank you.

That's why I've been backing down on that. NVC is a new subject which has been very redeeming for me. And because I was so enthused about this "new" discovery of mine, I wanted to share it, but unintendedly came across as prosthelytizing. I know that now.

By the way, beautiful practical example of the application of NVC. I'm still a work in progress. :)
  17. Safe Member

On that, I should have more compassion for Marty's struggle to find "the way".

Yes, KSW is the core implant (inculcation/programming) in the "church" (cult) of name-brand Scientology which causes all the righteous indignation, and anger and hostility by scientologists in questioning them in "Hubbard Infallibility".

I never had this as clear in my mind as I do now.
  18. Anonymous Member

The OTs are arriving:
    1286152612508.jpg

oops
  19. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

Hay guise wats goin on in this thread.
  20. bididdidididi

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wc-AQJ2MYo]YouTube - Go West[/ame]
  21. Anonymous Member

25 fucking pages of shite!
  22. Anonymous Member

Safe, you seem to be under the impression that it is okay to accept your own flaws as long as other people have flaws as well. The others are not stating their beliefs, because they understand that their beliefs and problems are of no importance in this thread (and neither are yours - this is not a message board for you to air your problems) . Maybe the flaw people are trying to point out to you is that you are expecting "salvation" to be delivered to you from some religion.

If these other "real religions" can not offer you salvation maybe you should simply ask yourself what you are trying to be saved from ? Usually religions tell you what your problems are and then they try to save you from those problems, that you may not have known you had in the first place.

If you are looking for salvation in the form of something like saving a marriage for example it might be better if you ask your wife or husband than if you asked your minister or auditor. If you want to kick an addiction the best way is to find other things to do, sometimes that is going to the gym, sometimes it is holding cans and talking about past lives, or reading the bible, the point is that isn't going to the gym that cures a drug addiction it is the person who chooses to do that instead of shooting up. But each of the three alternatives I mentioned can become a compulsion, and obsession, or an addiction themselves, and can become equally unhealthy.

A problem with becoming "addicted" to Scientology is that it a) has very little outside value, and b) it was probably designed to take advantage of people for profit, and LRH's jollies. So the only people finding salvation are those who are either being taken advantage of OR those who choose to believe science fiction over fact. I am not just talking about aliens I am talking about everything from the e-meter to how the mind, and universe works.
  23. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

Yes I guess you are still a work in progress, or a progressive piece of work.

This is why your thread is getting spammed with pics of wrecks, btw.

Demanding people fess up on their religious beliefs is kind of rude. I belong to no organized religion, yet I am deeply religious. I also prefer to keep my beliefs to myself as they are very personal. Some consider it a privacy issue.

Besides, if you really want to push it, you need to give it it's own thread instead of derailing your own topic. That way you are giving it the sincere attention it (may or may not) deserve. My guess is, you won't get much interest here. It's not what WWP is about.

People who do not get how message boards work often come across as trolls, get into trouble, then feel butthurt over it (and that is not a free speech issue). At least in this case, you can't say you weren't duly warned.
  24. Anonymous Member

female-plumber.jpg
  25. Sponge Member

Freezoners: Collecting donkeys hind legs since 1982.
  26. Anonymous Member

Mmmmmaybe because this is supposed to be some sort of a Maahty thread. It's in the Mmmmahty "situation room". Whysoderailingyourown thread?

Might I suggest you take your navel gazing bullshit to a more appropriate area. The dome would be a good choice. Personally, I'm surprised we haven't been there all along.
  27. duh

Because the mods like it here.
  28. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

29. thereckoning Member

Here's an idea:

The questions or subject matters that Marty Rathbun is avoiding or running away from on his blog should be put to him in person with a video camera running.

Someone needs to go to where Marty's at and start interviewing and questioning him on the items that would cause him to censor that question or comment on his blog and see if he will confront the question or subject then. Marty can't censer you in person like on his blog so we can then see how he acts then.

Mike and Marty do seem to have a willingness to talk to church of scientology agents sent by Miscavige but it doesn't seem to be the same when it comes to communication with their critics.

If he runs away in person with a camera running when the wrong questions are asked, it will there for all the world to see.
  30. Smurf Member

I believe you are mentally ill with enormous unresolved psychological issues since you left Scientology. Rather than take responsibility for yourself & seek resolution, you want to play the blame game, be the perpetual victim, and arbitrarily lash out at anyone that calls you out on your bad behavior.

In other words, grow up.
  31. Safe Member

Polly, you are right again.

What I've seen here though is an attempt to ridicule my beliefs. That's what I hear. I hear hate of scientology itself. I hear mockery of it. I hear hate of Hubbard. I believe this hate by them is real. Can you see how I may be hearing these things?

It's difficult to keep giraffe ears on when I'm hearing all this. My reaction is, "what about you?" Let's turn the tables on you. You see?

I feel that just by being a scientologist here, is justifiable reason for others here to mock, to scorn, to evaluate, to invalidate, to tell me what's right and wrong about it, and about me. All jackal language.

See where I may be coming from? It's difficult for me to hold back from becoming incensed with righteous indignation, and stopping myself from coming back speaking in jackal myself.

My point was to make a point of how if the situation were reversed, would they be willing to take the same shit they are dishing out to me?

I am not perfect, and nobody else here is either. But I feel a demand to conform to what others think I "should be" saying, what is "appropriate", "you need to" this or that, to "shut up", to "go to bed", etc., and if you don't do as we say, we'll gang up on you and punish you with more ridicule, and more trolling, and more irrational debate.

How much sane free thought and rational debate is that? And it makes me sad to think that there can be so much ruthlessness by those claiming they are fighting mental and physical abuse in CofS. It just doesn't compute???
  32. Smurf Member

33. Anonymous Member

ooooh so terrify!!!
  34. Anonymous Member

nou-57914.jpg
  35. incog712 Member

Sounds like an M/U. Go back and wordclear jackals.
  36. Safe Member

Thank you. Here's one for you ...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/First-Picture-Dictionary-Puffin/dp/0140507779]Amazon.com: First Picture Dictionary, The Puffin (Picture Puffin) (9780140507775): Brian Thompson, Celia Berridge: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

First Picture Dictionary, The Puffin (Picture Puffin)

Reading level: Baby-Preschool

Usage: A picture dictionary to develop one's communication through the use of written words, so as not to require communicating with pictures.
  37. Smurf Member

monkey_smile.jpg
  38. Re: Mark Rathbun "Disconnects" Safe. My Messages to Marty

Your beliefs are irrelevant to the conversation here. The purpose of this board is activism against an abusive cult in all its forms. That is not a belief. It is a thinking and caring person's response to a very real situation. Whether or not some of those activists also have contempt for a particular ideology is beside the point.

Did you come here to participate in the activity of this board? Or did you come here to put its citizens on trial? If a white man rapes a child, and a racist black man happens to be the only witness to the crime, his racism does not mean the crime didn't happen or that the white man should not go to jail for it. The citizens here are asking for Justice. Are you saying their asking is invalid because of their beliefs?

If you have the right to "believe" whatever you want about scientology, do they not have the right to "believe" what they want about it? Who is the one denying free speech here? Or freedom of thought for that matter.

Personally I agree that the occasional hate speech is harmful to the movement. But you cannot prevent people from airing their drama. Your inability to ignore it only shows your own weakness. It turns you into prey instead of being a voice that will be heard. The lowest condition for a scientologist is confusion: find out where you are.

Polly
  39. Ogsonofgroo Member

Hubbard & scientology> Deserving to be mocked since forever.

7720soft20serve20or20po.jpg

1104166.jpg

This thread is almost like after dinner indigestion>
    tigerlunch.jpg

How's that for subtle?

:p
  40. thereckoning Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Hey Smurf, your looking good! Good to see you smiling again.

Been taking your medication lately?