Customize

March 12, 2011 Clearwater 100th LRH Birthday: Flag AND Ruth Eckerd Hall

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by Anonymous, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GmCa6hqpVQ

Come to Flag and enjoy the some of the best that protesting a cult has to offer.

For your anti-Scientology pleasure, Clearwater Anonymous offers guided tours of all the highlights of downtown. Room 714 where they held Lisa McPherson hostage for 17 days along with Lisa's brick down Gaslight Alley. The apartment where Kyle Brennan lived his last days. The street corner where Shawn Lonsdale bravely held his own against this cult. The lines on Watterson St. that held the Lisa McPherson Trust people away from the Scilons. All the buildings the cult owns including Sandcastle, Osceola Inn, Oak Cove, The Coachman Building, the Old Bank Building, the always vacant CCHR building, Ft. Homicide, the Clown Building, and the never finished Super Power/Mecca Building/New Flag Building (hell, who knows what they'll call it by the time you visit us!)

We will talk you through that creepy feeling that permeates downtown. We will remind you to take pictures as you gape at how different it looks from all the pictures you've seen. You'll get to see more Sea Org than you can shake a stick at. You'll get to see angry, pissed off public Scientologists scowl, growl, and stomp their way back and forth to their cars while you're downtown. Bring a few bucks to help defray costs and you will be feted with water, pizza, caek, signage, and the original Anonymous flag. You can take turns carrying it. We don't need fliers in Clearwater. Everyone around here already knows more than they want to about this cult. Most of them know more than a lot of us.

But we offer so much moar for this special weekend. We offer a whole day of protesting against the cult downtown, a break, and then a super special night time raid at Ruth Eckerd Hall! THIS is the one thing you do not want to miss: there is only one entrance to Ruth Eckerd Hall and the few Scilons that do show up are a captive audience for you as they wait in turn lanes to enter REH! Enjoy Scilons screeching curse words at you. Flipping you the bird. Making derrogatory gestures from their respective native lands! Dazed, confused, ragged, and tired Sea Org who've been working their asses off for this event and now hosed off, dressed up in fancy clothing and bussed to the event! Come and see if the Scilons will put up enough scaffolding this year so that their huge banners won't just say, "WELCO"! See how the Scilons contort themselves in the hopes of maneuvering themselves to that no one can see Anonymous protesters or signs.

And, if we're really lucky? We'll position ourselves in the perfect place so that David Miscavige will once again see that he has not handled Anonymous at all.

Daytime Protest Info

We meet here:
    cityhallfountain2.png

This is the City Hall Fountain located at 112 S. Osceola Ave. It's the northwest corner of S. Osceola Ave. and Pierce Street in downtown Clearwater. PARKING IS FREE ON THE WEEKENDS IN DOWNTOWN CLEARWATER INCLUDING THE CITY HALL FOUNTAIN PARKING LOT, BUT IF YOU WISH TO MAINTAIN YOUR ANONYMITY WE SUGGEST YOU: 1) MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO HAVE SOMEONE DROP YOU OFF AND PICK YOU UP NEAR DOWNTOWN SO YOU CAN WALK IN AND OUT---HAVE THEM DROP YOU OFF IN ONE LOCATION AND PICK YOU UP IN ANOTHER. IT'S SUGGESTED TO BE DROPPED OFF AT LEAST 6-10 BLOCKS FROM DOWNTOWN AS FLAG IS VERY INSULATED WITH SCI'S LIVING IN MANY OF THE HOMES NEARBY; 2) CHECK OUT PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. PARK YOUR CAR SOMEWHERE, WALK TO BUS STOP, GO DOWNTOWN; OR 3) PARK AT LEAST 10 BLOCKS OUT OF THE DOWNTOWN AREA, WALK IN. THE DOWNTOWN AREA WOULD ENCOMPASS HART ST. TO THE NORTH (BUT STAY OFF OF N. OSCEOLA ALL TOGETHER); S. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. AVE. TO THE EAST (BUT STAY OFF OF CLEVELAND ST. AND COURT STREET); AND MAGNOLIA DR. TO THE SOUTH BECAUSE THE PUBLIX SUPER MARKET LOCATED ON THE CORNER OF FT. HARRISON AVE. AND PINE ST. HAS A LOT OF SEA ORG AND SCI'S WHO SHOP THERE. UNLESS YOU'RE READY TO PARK OUT ON CLEARWATER BEACH AND MAKE THE LONG, LONG WALK ACROSS THE HUGE MEMORIAL CAUSEWAY BRIDGE? THERE IS NO WHERE TO PARK TO THE WEST.

MASKS ARE LEGAL HERE IN CLEARWATER AND YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO WEAR ONE TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS AND/OR AS A SIGN OF SOLIDARITY. IT'S HOT HERE THOUGH...IF YOU WANT TO BRING BANDANAS OR SCARVES OR ANY OTHER SORT OF DISGUISE THAT'S ALRIGHT. NO MATTER WHAT YOU'RE HEARD? THE CLEARWATER POLICE ARE AWARE OF US AND THEY KNOW THAT WE WEAR MASKS AND YOU WILL NOT BE IN TROUBLE FROM THE COPS. MOST OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC KNOW WHO WE ARE, TOO. YOU'LL BE HONKED AT BEFORE YOU REACH DOWNTOWN. IF YOU'RE LUCKY, YOU MIGHT EVEN SEE A VERY RARE SCIENTOLOGIST WHO WILL SCREAM AT YOU!

BRING A CAMERA AND/OR VIDEO CAMERA WITH YOU. IT KEEPS YOU SAFE HERE. PULL A CAMERA OUT AND WATCH THE SCI'S CALM DOWN. CELL PHONE CAMERA OR DISPOSABLE CAMERAS WORK, TOO.

IT'S HOT HERE. WE CAN'T STRESS HOW MUCH YOU'RE GOING TO NEED TO BE IN COOL CLOTHING, BRING SUNSCREEN, AND HYDRATE YOURSELF! CLEARWATER ANONS ARE WELL TRAINED IN WATCHING OUR OUT OF TOWNERS TO MAKE SURE THEY'RE NOT OVERDOING IT. IF YOU COME HERE AND YOU FEEL YOU'RE GETTING TOO HOT? LET US KNOW. WE KNOW WHAT TO DO TO COOL YOU DOWN.

WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES.
    WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES.
    WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES.

WE MARCH HERE. IF YOU'RE IN CRAPPY SHOES, YOU WON'T LAST LONG. AT RUTH ECKERD HALL THE RULES HAVE BEEN A LITTLE DIFFERENT THE PAST THREE YEARS. WE HAVEN'T HAD TO KEEP MOVING UNLESS WE'VE BEEN RIGHT AT THE ENTRANCE. THE RULES CHANGE OUT THERE, BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT WE TRY TO COMPLY WITH THE CLEARWATER POLICE DEPARTMENT BECAUSE WE DON'T WANT TO ADD TO THE CRAZY. THESE OFFICERS HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE CRAZY CULT EVERY SINGLE DAY.

BUT, MAKE SURE YOU WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES.

IF YOU COME HERE AND DON'T ABIDE BY THE PROTEST RULES SET DOWN BY THE CITY OF CLEARWATER AND THE STATE OF FLORIDA? YOU WON'T FIND A FRIEND IN THE CLEARWATER CELL. IF YOU'RE DOING SOMETING ILLEGAL AND/OR STUPID AND WE ASK YOU TO STOP AND YOU REFUSE? WE'LL CALL THE COPS ON YOU BEFORE THE CULT CAN. TRUST ME...WE HAVE LULZ HERE AND YOU'LL FIND THAT OUT IF YOU COME HERE, BUT WE DON'T DO STUPID.

More info will be added to this as we get closer to the date.

Expect us for We are Legion
    Where the waters run so clear
    For the good of mankind and for fun
    We walk in mecca, WE WALK HERE.

KNOWLEDGE IS FREE.
    WE RUN THIS.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Darth Xander Member

3. Anonymous Member

Op here. In such a hurry I forgot some important info. We start gathering around 10:30AM and our first march begins around 11AM. Since this will be a long day and go into the night, we will probably not march as much as we usually do. We'll take plenty of breaks.

Here is the map for Ruth Eckerd Hall. IF YOU SHOW UP FOR THE DAY PROTEST YOU WILL BE GIVEN INFO ON WHERE TO PARK AND HOW TO GET TO RUTH ECKERD HALL. IF YOU'RE ONLY GOING TO THE NIGHTTIME PROTEST, YOU CAN SCOPE OUT THE AREA AND GET YOURSELF TO THE ENTRANCE. WE WILL PROBABLY STOP THE DAY PROTEST AROUND 3:00PM. WE'LL TRY TO GET TO RUTH ECKERD HALL AROUND 5:00PM. THIS GIVES YOU A TWO HOUR WINDOW TO REST, GET SOMETHING TO EAT, AND GET TO REH.

RUTH ECKERD HALL
    1111 McMULLEN BOOTH RD.
    CLEARWATER, FL 33759

REH.png

We protest on the east side of McMullen Booth Rd. on both sides of the entrance. We cannot go onto the Ruth Eckerd Hall Property.

More info as we go along.
  4. Paladin Member

I'm coming from Chicago and looking forward to protesting with you guys. I haven't been to Clearwater since I left the cult in 1978.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

You're coming for a good one.
  6. Anonymous Member

Plans are coming together very well for this day into night protest. If you've ever wanted to raid in Clearwater? THIS is a good one to attend. Of course, we are also looking at David Miscavige opening up Super Power this year, so you might want to save your money and come for that instead. Either protest will deliver the lulz.
  7. anonymous612 Member

HEY. If you are only attending the evening raid at Ruth Eckerd Hall, not the daytime raid, PLEASE CONTACT ME IN ADVANCE SO WE CAN HELP YOU FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THERE. I don't want anyone to miss out on a chance to protest because they got there early and didn't see anyone there, or they couldn't figure out where to park.

You should come back in October too. We do zombie raids. You'll have plenty of unholy demons to smite.
  8. Paladin Member

"You should come back in October too. We do zombie raids. You'll have plenty of unholy demons to smite"

Thanks for the invite, 612. I wish I had the money and vacation time to make the trip down there twice a year. The last time I was in Clearwater, I didn't see much outside of the Fort Harrison and a few other CO$ buildings where I lived, worked and studied. I never thought I would be returning there as a protester.
  9. anonymous612 Member

Oh, you missed the FH renovation, then....they put in marble floors. They're SHINY now.
  10. Paladin Member

Cool! I'm glad I missed that. When I get there you can update me on all the changes they made since I left and I'll tell you about my experiences there in 1978.
  11. Anonymous Member

The Ruth Eckerd Hall raid is always full of lulz. If you've been thinking of coming to protest in Clearwater? This is the one to attend.
  12. Anonymous Member

Snoop Dogg and other rappers are going to be performing at Coachman Park during the day on March 12th.
  13. anonymous612 Member

Confirmed. Not a Scientology event, just a local radio station.
  14. Darth Xander Member

15. Robocat Member

16. I'm not sure which one I'll be there for yet, but either way, can I carry the flag again? ^_^
  17. Anonymous Member

YOU BETCHA!
  18. anonymous612 Member

We were going to make you do that anyway...
  19. Anonymous Member

OP here. Lots of Sci stuff going on everywhere for L. Con's 100th birthday event.
    IF YOU'RE IN TAMPA NEAR YBOR THEN YOU SHOULD GO CHECK OUT THE RIBBON CUTTING FOR THE NEW TAMPA ORG BUILDING. SO FAR THE CULT IS KEEPING THE EXACT TIME CLOSE TO THE VEST, BUT THE GRAND OPENING/RIBBON CUTTING CEREMONY IS SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY MARCH 13, 2011. THE BUILDING IS LOCATED AT 1911 N. 13TH ST., TAMPA, FL WHEN WE FIND OUT THE EXACT TIME OF THE GRAND OPENING CEREMONY IN YBOR WE WILL POST IT HERE.

THE CULT IS PLANNING ON HAVING EVENTS DAY AND NIGHT FROM MARCH 11-13 IN CLEARWATER AND ALSO THE GRAND OPENING EVENT IN TAMPA ON SUNDAY.

YOU COULD PROBABLY ROLL THROUGH CLEARWATER AT ANY GIVEN TIME AND FLASH RAID.

IF YOU DECIDE TO FLASH RAID, REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN WEAR MASKS AND/OR DISGUISE YOUR FACE AND YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO DO SO. WEAR COMFY SHOES. IF YOU WANT TO RETAIN YOUR ANONYMITY THEN CHECK OUT THE OP FOR INFO ON WHERE TO PARK AND OTHER SUGGESTIONS FOR GETTING DOWNTOWN.

IF YOU'VE NEVER PROTESTED IN CLEARWATER IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO GO THERE BY YOURSELF. TAKE AT LEAST ONE PERSON AND BOTH OF YOU SHOULD HAVE CAMERAS AND/OR VIDEO CAMERAS AND TAKE A CELL PHONE WITH YOU!

REMEMBER THAT THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST PROTESTS OF THE YEAR WITH ANGRY, FRUSTRATED, BROKE SCI'S ARRIVING AT FLAG AND RUTH ECKERD HALL TO FIND ANONS. AT RUTH ECKERD HALL THE SCI'S ARE LITERALLY A CAPTIVE AUDIENCE WHILE WAITING IN THE TURN LANE TO ENTER THE RUTH ECKERD HALL PROPERTY! IT LEADS TO SOME REALLY LULZY ENCOUNTERS AND IT'S ALSO THE PERFECT TIME TO HAVE SIGNAGE THAT GETS THE MESSAGE ACROSS TO THE ENSLAVED SEA ORG THAT THERE IS HELP OUT HERE SINCE SEA ORG ARE BUSSED INTO THE EVENT ON FLAG BUSES.

SEE YOU DOWNTOWN, AT RUTH ECKERD HALL, AND IN YBOR!
  20. maggie Member

As a veteran of the very first Internet picket in Clearwater in '96, I'd humbly suggest remembering that Scn, Inc. has admitted to having more than 100 cameras of their own pointed all over downtown. Be sure to wave.

It will be interesting to see which one of the handful of lame strategies they may deploy. At the first picket, there was less than 10 of us and hundreds of uniformed Sea Org folks. They ALL hid in the buildings, pulling the blinds. We could see them peeking at us from behind the blinds.

Another time, they tried to Tone Scale us by yelling. That didn't work, either.

They have also come out to 'join' us, carrying their own signs (anti-drug, etc.) and hefting them so our signs would be blocked.

"Spot the Scn PI" is another fun picket-time game. The more fun you have, the more you make the SO wonder as they ride by on the white FLAG buses. Although we did establish picket dancing, this was well before you geniuses thought of caek.

Lastly, compassion is a good picket mindset. These are people, not evil beings. It's the behavior of the organization they're trapped in, not them as individuals. Good luck!
  21. Anonymous Member

And remember:

If Scientology is a Religion, then so is the Mafia.
    • Like Like x 4
  22. Anonymous Member

Hi, Maggie. A lot of those things still happen except for them joining us with their own signs. We also don't have that many PI's any more. We also try to be "nice" to Sea Org, but are less "friendly" to the rich Sci's who don't give a damn about cult abuse.

Thanks for the good luck!
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Darth Xander Member

So what you are saying is I picked a good weekend to come down for a visit?
  24. Anonymous Member

Thank you for that. In other words hate the game not the player.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Scatman Member

Game the game.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. anonymous612 Member

1pm, actually.

27. Anonymous Member

ANONYMOUS DELIVERS.

1PM IN YBOR IN TAMPA FOR THE GRAND OPENING OF THE TAMPA ORG LOCATED AT 1911 N. 13TH ST., TAMPA, FL

If you're in Tampa, feel free to raid that event.
  28. Linxis° Member

lol this is where i wish i still lived in Florida. This all looks so epic and i am so jealous.
    You my good anonymous friend are very good at organizing ;)
  29. Anonymous Member

Harriet Foster? LOL! She is a nut case. Appropriately, she is posted in the Office of LRH.
  30. Anonymous Member

GAH! It's hard to keep up with all the names. Why does her name sound so familiar? Is Harriet Foster the nutjob who has Kha Khan status?
  31. Scatman Member

Kha Khan is equivalent to say "Con" with a stammer.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

33. Anonymous Member

And if one of you has an anonymous/disposable phone, the number for details on the event (beyond the starting time) is: (727) 657-2563.
  34. anonymous612 Member

pfft. We have the starting time and the location, I've raided with less.
  35. anonymous612 Member

Doubleposting for great justice. Today's raid was awesome, tomorrow's will be even more awesome.
  36. Anonymous Member

Snoop Dogg @ a Coachman Park festival, the Cult of Scientology doing the LCon birthday shite, and Anonymous will descend on downtown Clearwater today.

For Ida Camburn. For Paddy's Day. For some visiting OOT's. FOR THE LULZ.

we run this.

37. anonymous612 Member

TL;DR of results:

Protest on Friday = LOL.

Protest Saturday morning = Kendrick Moxon, Pat Harney, SEVEN osa handlers, new music courtesy of a travel-sized SOUND CANNON.

Protest at Ruth Eckerd Hall Saturday evening = "ohai were you trying to film your live event here? OOPS I RUINED IT MY BAD. OOPS I RUINED IT AGAIN MY BAD." One assault on camera, WELCO TO THE EVENT for the third (THIRD!!!) year running, Miscavige was exactly one hour and 15 minutes late, YES ATLANTA CHICAGO IS IN FACT AWESOME, Bush Tech fails miserably, "Oh hai Mansell you're not dead yet?"

More details when I get the postgame thread up.

Oh, and Ybor City? EXPECT US.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. anonymous612 Member

Let me spell this out for you.

Last year, same event, same protest, two guys with a media quality camera show up and claim to be documentarians. They want to do interviews, follow us around all day, follow us to a SECOND protest at Ruth Eckerd, follow us to our cars, and go "oh....by the way we work for Scientology."

You showed up without prior warning, started filming us as soon as we got out of our damn cars without any introduction, followed around a notoriously paranoid group of people all day, even after they told you they didn't want to do any interviews, followed them to a second event a significant distance away after a break of several hours where we weren't protesting, and ASSAULTED AN ANON. Was he injured? No, of course not. Could you have damaged his property? Absolutely. Was it assault? YES.

You went about this very very wrong and I have no sympathy with you for being "stressed." I still don't buy that you're a documentarian, you've offered no contact info or credentials or any way to back up your story, and you ASSAULTED ONE OF MY ANONS. I have no fucking sympathy for you whatsoever. Come back some other time and keep your hands to yourself, asshole, or you'll spend the next protest in jail.
    • Like Like x 9