Customize

Marc Headley's Lawyer gets his lug nuts sabotaged!

Discussion in 'Marc Headley v. Church of Scientology Internationa' started by blownforgood, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Obi-Wan-anon Member

re: Marc Headley's Lawyer gets his lug nuts sabotaged!

IANAL, but to me, a few things might have made "them" move to federal court:

1. Change of Venue. Where is the federal district court in relation to the state court? Gets it away from HQ and Gold, maybe?

2. Larger possible jury pool. More Scienos to pull from.

3. The clock starts over. New rounds of hearings, depos, etc.

4. Possibility that when it's done, the Fed court could say that it needs to be returned to state court.

Remember, the main legal tactic of the Scilons is to STALL (and cause greater expense for the other side). They didn't move it because they feel they'd have a better case, rather they found a way to drag it out.
  2. Scatman Member

No it is not a random act of violence, it is straight from the mafiOSA book of dirty tricks.
    Removing a lug nut causes the wheel to go out of balance which puts more wear on the wheel bearings and loosening the lugnuts causes the tire to vibrate, scrape the nut threads, and possibly fall off, resulting in serious damage to the car and possibly a collision.
    The more of these reports I read the more I think that organized scientology is a terrorist group.

Congradulations! You are the target of a mafiOSA Fair Game operation! The false anonymous tip tech goes back to the Guardian Office Intelligence Bureau Branch 1 Ops, now OSA investigations ops. The purpose of harassment tech is to introvert you and waste your time so you will "give up the attack". The correct handling is to continue and expand the attack. Organized scientology is a crime syndicate, but you already knew that.
  3. RightOn Member

^^^^ yes! worth it!^^^
  4. muldrake Member

Frankly, it would be unusual if the cult did *not* do stuff like this to someone who is bringing a lawsuit that is a serious threat to the continued existence of Organized Scientology. If someone makes them feel that seriously threatened, they're going to lash out in dangerous ways.

They don't seem to realize, though, that actually killing one of their enemies is the one thing that will get them actually shut down. If the cult fucks up badly enough in this regard, they could have their own Waco. Little short of murder would have that result.

There's less likelihood of an enormous jury verdict in federal court, and it's somewhat less plaintiff-friendly than California state court. Also, perhaps they had a feeling they weren't going to do well in the particular state court, didn't like the judge(s), or whatever.

BVS could probably get it back in state court by amending to drop the federal law claims, at least if the cult doesn't have some argument for diversity jurisdiction, but I doubt he'll do that.

I don't see it as anything to be that perturbed by.
  5. Obi-Wan-anon Member

This may be true, but it also raises the visibility of the case. Scilons might have been able to convince the State that there's nothing to the case, that it only affects a couple of people, etc. But the Feds might see that this affects the entire US.
  6. ReaganYouth Member

Re: Marc Headley's Lawyer gets his lug nuts sabotaged!

part of me thinks they removed to federal court just to drag this out. That is a pretty lame tactic, but it is used often because pushing the dates back as a result of changing venue means more time-- and more importantly, more $$. The $cilons are trying to essentially bankrupt their legal opposition.

They have a history of this (ahem, it helped them get tax exemption!)

As far as the lug nuts... It seems fishy. I don't necessarily think they are stupid enough to break the law. The $cilons have a history of (ab)using the system to their advantage- but LEGALLY. I am surprised to hear that they are potentially getting sloppy.

Does this mean they feel really threatened? Hopefully if it was them, then maybe this is an act of panic.

that would be good for us because it means they KNOW they are going down...
  7. Scatman Member

You know very little about the history of organized scientology. Here are a few outstanding examples:
    Looking over my shoulder, The Inside Account of the Story That Almost Killed Me
    20 Apr 73 - SNOW WHITE PROGRAM
    "Never fear to hurt another in a just cause" - L. Ron Hubbard
  8. Ogsonofgroo Member

Their 'doctrine' doesn't really have a 'do not cross' line, but a lot of 'you can do this if's...'
    I would never, ever, underestimate the potential douch-baggery, of brain-wiped, desperate, mentally unstable, peoples.
    Just thinkin' aloud, sry.

>..>

<..<

:/ *sends kitteh ta mom's*

*sends mom to Alaska*

*sends Alaska to Tasmania*

:D
  9. Anonymous Member

lurkmoar
  10. OTBT Member

Incorrect. Scientologists can and do justify any action under their ethics rationale of "the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics" - Scientology of course being the "greatest good". Just don't get caught by wog law.
  11. Anonymous Member

I'm (by far) usually one of the last people on WWP willing to attribute anecdotal reports of "bad stuff" happening to OSA.

I'm perfectly willing to accept they do all kinds of non-lethal crap like digging through garbage and arranging to have "religious bigot" fliers put up around critics' neighborhoods... or calling child protective services on you anonymously... or calling your boss trying to get you fired.

Potentially lethal stuff though? Color me skeptical. The backlash, if caught doing it, just isn't worth it if there's any chance in hell it could be traced back through official channels to the CoS.

Which brings me to my question:

In all of these "know the enemy" meetings we've seen the CoS inviting their members to -- do they actually go so far as to single out people by name like Marc Headly or his lawyer? I *could* imagine them going that far... in the hope that someone in the meeting might feel zealous enough to take matters into their own hand and loosen a lug nut here and there. As long as there was no specific call-to-action, the CoS maintains plausible deniability.

Have any of you ex-CoS'ers been to these meetings? Do they drop names or other specific info that would make someone a target for the real nutjobs in the group? I presume names and other specific data are mentioned in the real closed-door meetings of top brass... but do they drop enough hints to the rank-and-file as well?
  12. Re: Marc Headley's Lawyer gets his lug nuts sabotaged!

Very early on (March 2008, maybe) a rather vocal anon ("Anonyless" - anyone else remember him?) reported a similar incident with his tires being compromised. I don't think much came of it aside from a filed police report. It's a long shot but if anyone can find the thread maybe there'd be something worthwhile there. Doubt it, but it's possible.
  13. xenubarb Member

Watch your mailbox, too. Keith Henson's lawyer, Jim Harr, found his mailbox stuffed with mud.

Also, if they did not do half the stuff they were accused of doing, who was doing the other half? The kind of shit that tends to happen to Scientology's "enemies" just doesn't usually happen to other people. Just sayin...
  14. A.Non Hubbard Member

Given the nature of the trial, it is highly unlikely a Scientologist (or Scientology critic) would even get through the door when it comes to jury selection.

Unless they lie. Which would (assuming a Scientologist is on the jury) mean mistrial, a round of bad PR against the cult for tampering with the legal process, and a new trial with them looking REALLY bad at the get-go.
  15. Obi-Wan-anon Member

UNLESS they lie?? They have a hard time even admitting to themselves who their members are!

And they could come down and *probably* say that since the case concerns the cult, that they need to have a certain number of culties on the jury (for "fairness").

IMHO, they'd have grounds for a mistrial if they tried to keep ALL culties off the jury (religious discrimination and all that).
  16. Anonymous Member

One thing that really bothers me about this thread....

People keep referring to the removal of lugnuts as a "vandalism." Folks, this is NOT vandalism.

This was a malicious act meant to sabotage a vehicle so that the wheel may pop off while driving, perhaps on a highway. If you take off all but one of the lug nuts, the likelihood is that the one lug nut will not be able to handle the stresses of highway driving and the bolt holding the wheel would snap off. If this was a FRONT wheel, this would cause your vehicle to completely lose control.

Vehicle tampering is no joke and IF this was an OSA op, it would be typical of them. They have planned to sabotage an SP's vehicle in the past, as Gary Scarff has testified to on video in the past.

Whether it was OSA or not, the fact remains. Someone wished Mr. Van Sickle harm.
  17. exOT8Michael Member

THIS ^^^^^^
  18. Anonynamefag Member

Agreed. I hope he filed a police report, as this could easily be seen as more than simple vandalism. Possibly even attempted murder.
  19. Anonymous Member

Harassment is likely the real reason they are trying to scare intimidate.

They are not really trying to kill BVS they are trying to make him paranoid if anything. He knows how to handle the situation.
  20. Anonymous Member

Though a single lug nut might hold a wheel, the loss of a single lug nut can cause a tire and wheel to become unstable and dangerous.

If the person doing so meant to not be seen, likely they would have done it in the middle of the night, not when there was daylight and people about. The fact that they were seen probably meant "noisy investigation" - a scilon term
  21. YAHRLY Member

STATEMENTS WITH OUT PROOF ARE WHAT KEPT THE "ANTI-SCIENTOLOGY CRITICS MOVEMENT" LAUGHED AT AND DISMISSED BY THE MAINSTREAM ANTI CULT GROUPS AS MOONBATS!

I am not saying the Scifags DON'T do shit like this we KNOW anons have had pets killed and pictures of their kids playing @ school mailed to them and the C&D letters, but making accusations with out ANY proof other than " hey this is what the mafiOSA ( giggle ..moonbat) do ALL the time"

If it rains on the day you were going to have a picnik it doesn't means the OSA can control the weather

Attributing every unfortunate thing to the Scifags actually gives them MORE power to intimidate.

If you have prooof post it!

DOX or GTFO basically
  22. lothar Member

If they wanted to "do him harm" there are better ways to do it then the loosening of lugnuts.
    First of all, only the front wheel coming off would really cause serious injury. Secondly, why not just loosen three out of four lugs? Then you wouldn't notice them missing and it is the greatest chances of shearing off the wheel at high speeds. Why would you remove one which risks the victim noticing your dastardly plot. Heck I think a tire blowout might be more dangerous and easier to rig.

Whatever. I have little pity for these stories because if I SEE SOMEONE FUCKING with my car I remember what they look like and confront them. I don't take a sasquatch polaroid photo and shrug my shoulders and go inside.

There is still the very real possibility this was coincidental and they loosened over time.

HERE IS AN EXPERIMENT FOR YOU PARANOIDS...
    Go to the mall or a large low-middle income apt complex. Walk around the parking lot and look for missing lugs. Ask yourself if OSA has been busy.
  23. YAHRLY Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    There dozens ( at least) easier and far more effective ways to tamper with someone's car if you wish them harm
  24. muldrake Member

Most of the high profile lawyers (and others) who have brought serious threats against Scientology report events like this. Michael Flynn reported having to take his plane down due to engine troubles, and with no normal environmental explanation, there was water in the fuel tank. Judge Swearinger reported finding his dog floating dead in his pool and slashed tires. Gerry Armstrong reports nearly crashing his car after being forced off the highway by a suspicious vehicle deliberately swerving into his lane and slamming on the brakes. When Dennis Erlich's mom came to visit him one time, she came back to a car that had had acid thrown on it and the paint job was ruined. I know people in Clearwater during Minton's time who reported they routinely came back to tires with the air let out of them.

Have any of these things been proven in court? No, not really, although Scientology tried to force Judge Swearinger off the case on the grounds that he was prejudiced against them because of their own shenanigans, denying responsibility but taking as a given that the events had actually occurred.

No, I wouldn't run to the press every time some creepy but unprovable thing happened, or put it on a list of confirmed Scientology wrongdoing. But if I were high on Scientology's radar to the point of representing a threat to their existence, I would *expect* things like this to happen. I'd be surprised if they *didn't*.
  25. Anonymous Member

With out google can you even name an anti-cult group ? Then name one that laughs at moonbats or even our moonbats?
  26. Anonymous Member

I can't wait until this cult is gone. They don't deserve to even consider themselves a religion.
  27. YAHRLY Member

typical OCMB/ARS head in the sandism

My pen ran out of ink THE OSA DRAINED IT JUST TO MESS WITH MY HEAD!!!!!!!
  28. Anonymous Member

Stay with OCMB or ARS with moonbat shit. Who really gives a shit. I would find it lulzy if all the air was let out of tires. Good for them.

Why are people even talking about air out of tires, bad drivers, mud in mailboxes, small plane routine troubles. A dead cat welcoming present is fair game to talk about, but GTFO with stupid shit.

My car was low on oil!! My refrigerator stopped working when I came back from the protest. I saw some strange guy looking in car windows. Seriously, sack up you faggots, this isn't your father's protest movement.
  29. Anonymous Member

^^^ FFFUUU.. I think like a cricket humping troll..
  30. Smurf Member

31. Anonymous Member

I'll take that as a no, was just saying dox or stfu.
  32. Anonymous Member

I have no clue why the Anons who were never in Scientology find it so hard to believe those who were in and the dirty tricks Scientology played/plays. I'm an ex and I know what lengths the Church of Scientology will go to "enturbulate" their enemies. The tactics work. Do just enough little shit that the police won't get involved and won't even bother filing police reports, but the message is still clear to the victims -- we hate you, you are our enemy, we know who you are, where you are, where you go, who you associate with, watch your back at all times because we could get real serious and harm you severely, we're dangerous and you know it, back off or face the consequences, be afraid.

These tactics are known by those "in" and who are trying to leave and they fear that these things will happen to them. This is part of why the ex-scientologist has been afraid to speak out or do anything except sneak away from CoS quietly and hope to not be discovered.

Geez! The ones with the tin foil are the naive-anons who think this stuff doesn't happen in America nowadays.
  33. Anonymous Member

Geez, yet another who doesn't understand the concept of pics or it didn't happen

It doesn't meant it 'didn't happen'..it means no-one can prove that it did

geez louise
  34. YAHRLY Member

NOooooooooo
    in the strictest sense
    it means if you don't have proof, we don't believe you

it is a *chan way of saying "put up or shut up"
    ( using old meme to explain new memes to old people )

we ( or at least a portion of us) have little respect for Exes because:

One: they were stupid enough to join a cult

b. they were fucking rat bastard shit heads that fucked with their critics ( like Smurf and Vagoo)

3.They are brain damaged from years in the cult and see the OSA behind every bush and rock

6. Anonymous can't count
  35. Anonymous Member

FU! I know what POIDH means.

YOU didn't "get" what I wrote anyhow. It has nothing to do with POIDH.

And YOU don't understand what hearing "pix or it didn't happen" does to someone who has eye witness testimony and knows who did something, but can't prove it. It makes me want to smack you across the street and into the gutter. You (subset of) Anons can be fucking annoying sometimes.

There's actually a whole atmosphere here on WWP where you can't say "OSA did it" or "it originated from OSA". It's like swearing like a sailor at a souther belle conference - looks of shock and disgust on everyone's faces.

So much for freedom of speech, or a good place to speak up.

FU!
  36. Anonymous Member

FU, Herro!

Without the exes, you guys wouldn't have a damn thing to go on - no knowledge of the abuses, no dox, no personal experience stories.

Why the hell do you protest scientology, anyway?
  37. Skeptic1337 Member

You can say it, without proof it just makes you sound like a moonbat.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Why are you guys fucking up this thread? All it required was "sounds shitty hope you filed a police report, keep rocking with your lawsuits lawyer dude."

There is absolutely zero messageboard warriors can do about lose lugs (besides magicks!).
  38. Herro Member

Hi, I'm Herro. You're quoting YAHRLY. Your reading comprehension could use some work.

Oh quit crying sally. Nobody is telling you that you can't cry OSA at every thing, they're just pointing out that it makes you sound fucking insane. You have the right to say what you want. You don't have the right to have everyone rub your tummy and tell you how special you are every time you say something fucktarded.
  39. Anonymous Member

oh hi OCMB

cool story bro
  40. Anonymous Member

You know, if it was just some joeschmo asshole claiming this, I could understand the Dox or GTFO BS.

But we are talking about the lawyer who has three potentially multi million dollar lawsuits filed against them... So yeah. I believe it happened. I don't have evidence it was OSA, but I do have an open mind that it MAY have been.