Customize

Marc Headley on Scientology, the Internet, and Technology and Int Base

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Apr 21, 2015.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Marc Headley on Scientology, the Internet, and Technology and Int Base

Published by SurvivingScientology on April 21, 2015

Marc Headley discusses Scientology, the internet, and technology with your host Jeffrey Augustine.

Marc Headley is the author of Blown For Good: Behind the Iron Curtain of Scientology.

Tony Ortega wrote about this today.

Marc Headley reveals the embarrassing technological secrets of Scientology

Comments are open, here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2015/04/21/ma...rassing-technological-secrets-of-scientology/
    • Like Like x 2
  2. RightOn Member

Headley and others need to be included in another docu
    • Like Like x 2
  3. TrevAnon Member

Just listened to it. Really good.

Marc explains what communication between SP's, ex-members and the like means for COS, and especially what effect ommunication between Anons, SP's and ex-members has on the COS.

From the 'church's' point of view it also is logical to try to make it impossible, as 'communication is the universal solvent'.

Which it is. And there is nothing COS can do about it. :)
    • Like Like x 4
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

I'm not supposed to be using the Internet, but can someone please make a cassette copy of this so I can listen to it?
    • Like Like x 5
  5. amaX Member

I can use the internet, but it's so impersonal. Could I get a couple of people to come to my house and perform this so I can listen to it, too?
  6. Sending in bush drum dept.

[IMG]
  7. tigeratbay Member

Right and how they get and rely on points for breaking up those people from communicating to each other.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. amaX Member

Perfect! I'll have my bodhran ready.
  9. TrevAnon Member

Scientology Marc Headley can help you with that. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 4
  11. Incredulicide Member

That's the first time I've heard of Cut Connections statistics. Excellent interview once again!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology, why are you keeping a cancer patient from seeing his only daughter?

By Tony Ortega, January 27, 2017

Quote:

Bernie Headley sounded really good on the phone. And he says for now, he feels good. The lung cancer he was diagnosed with in 2004 went into remission after he had a partial lung removal. It came back in 2014, but radiation treatments seem to have made that dormant as well. But then lesions started showing up on his brain.

In 2014, he was told he had three to six months to live after his lung cancer came back. And when he found out he had brain cancer, he was again told he had three to six months to live. But he still has no symptoms, and the effects of his most recent radiation treatment are receding. Doctors are waiting for his body to recover from that, and then in March they’ll do a new set of scans on his brain to see whether the lesions have grown.

“I joke about being the Energizer Bunny,” he told us by phone this week. “But Marc hates when I do that. He actually takes it more seriously than I do.”

The Marc he’s referring to is his son Marc Headley who, with his wife Claire, made a memorable appearance recently on Leah Remini’s A&E series, Scientology and the Aftermath. Marc and Claire described how they escaped from Scientology’s International Base in California in January 2005, and eventually reunited in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, where Bernie was living at the time.

Bernie was ecstatic to get his son Marc back, after losing him to Scientology some 15 years earlier.

“The night Marc called me, he was very tentative. He wasn’t sure how I was going to react. He couldn’t see me on the other end, pumping my fist, saying yes! And I can’t tell you how heartbreaking it was also. At first, Marc thought he had lost Claire.”

As Claire explained on Leah’s show, after Marc made a run for it, she had to pretend that she was through with him and was staying dedicated to Scientology.

Meanwhile, Bernie was hearing from his daughter Stephanie. “She talked to me every day after Marc blew,” he says, using the Scientology term for escaping. (The Headleys insist that Stephanie was only allowed to call as an attempt to track Marc down and get him brought back to the base.) Like her brother Marc, Stephanie Headley had been brought up in the church by her mother and had gone to Int Base after she joined Scientology’s “Sea Organization,” signing its billion-year contract and dedicating her life utterly to the organization. She eventually became the base’s director of communications.

Claire, meanwhile, was still continuing to pretend that she’d given up on Marc when she was allowed off the base for an optometrist appointment at a WalMart in Hemet. She took that opportunity to make a run for it, heading straight for Bernie’s house to be reunited with Marc.

And then Bernie stopped hearing from his daughter. “I lost contact with Stephanie the day Claire left Int Base,” he tells us. “The day Claire left, and they knew where she was going, to my house, then I stopped hearing from Stephanie.”

Bernie said he called the base and was put on hold for an hour when he tried to reach Stephanie and never got through to her. “I called the next day and they said they didn’t know who she was. She was the director of communications at the base and they expected me to believe that.”

He hasn’t heard from his daughter in the 12 years since Claire’s escape, on January 24, 2005. He’s become the target of Scientology’s disconnection policy, even though he was never a Scientologist himself — his unforgivable sin was helping his son escape to freedom.

Today, Marc and Claire each have thriving businesses in Castle Rock, Colorado, and Bernie lives nearby. While she was in the Sea Org, Claire had been forced to have two abortions, which was Scientology policy to keep Sea Org workers from needing to take off time to raise families. Once they got away from the base, however, they started making up for lost time and they now have three boys.

Bernie is happy to be a grandfather to Marc’s boys. But he’s still desperate for news about his daughter, and he knows he may be running out of time.

Continued at http://tonyortega.org/2017/01/27/sc...cancer-patient-from-seeing-his-only-daughter/
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology’s bizarre international base and its near-prison life: A Marc Headley classic

By Tony Ortega, May 11, 2018

Quote:

It’s been nearly a decade since one of our favorite books about Scientology life was published: Blown for Good: Behind the Iron Curtain of Scientology, by former Sea Org worker Marc Headley.

We interviewed Marc when the book came out, and he’s been a big part of this website since it started. But we had to assume that some of our readers are not familiar with the book or it’s been a long time since they read it.

So we asked Marc to pull out one anecdote from his book in order to excerpt it here. And we’re sure glad we did, because he picked out a doozy. The story he chose tells us so much about the Orwellian world of Int Base, Scientology’s secretive international management compound near Hemet, California, and its extreme paranoia about controlling the lives of workers and cutting them off from the outside world. And it’s Marc Headley, so the absurdity of Scientology life comes through loud and clear. If you haven’t picked up a copy of this book, you really should.

Continued at https://tonyortega.org/2018/05/11/s...-its-near-prison-life-a-marc-headley-classic/
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

What is Scientology - A Religion or Business? | Valuetainment

"What is Scientology? Are the stories and life experiences of those who are a part of it true? In this interview with Marc Headley, Patrick challenges those stories and inquires from the life of a 15-year Sea Org Member who escaped."