Customize

Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golden Age of Protest, Mar 7, 2014.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 hijacked, official claims | The Associated Press

'It is conclusive,' says official involved in the investigation

A Malaysian government official says investigators have concluded that one of the pilots or someone else with flying experience hijacked the missing Malaysia Airlines jet.

The official, who is involved in the investigation, says no motive has been established, and it is not yet clear where the plane was taken. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief the media.

The official said that hijacking was no longer a theory. "It is conclusive."

Continued at http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-hijacked-official-claims-1.2573080
    • Like Like x 4
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. Andy Downs Member

The one thing no one has discussed on this is the need for the US Government to have this be a "Terrorism" event...and here is why

Congress gets tons of money from Boeing.
    Boeing has had many mishaps with recent designs.
    A big one like this will hurt Boeing really badly

The advantage to Congress and the Mike Rogers of the world is with a plane missing or at the bottom of the ocean, it is hard to disprove a negative.
    Congress needs this to be terrorism because the alternative hurts their relationships and campaign funds.

Boeing needs this to be anything but a mechanical issue, so with no evidence, it keep their stock from dropping, public confidence in their planes, and orders for the planes keep coming.

This is not an attempt at conspiracy or cynicism.
    There is a great deal to be gained if it is a "Terror" plot
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Anonylemmi Member

Not terrorism. It was just a protest against a YouTube video.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Andy Downs Member

The theory that only a skilled aviator could steer an airplane below radar detection is a myth.
    I can take a 10 hour student pilot and fly to Canada completely undetected if I wanted to.

None of these countries want to admit how useless radar is.
    It works when you want it to work, and if there is an electrical issue, they have no idea where you are.

The other problem I have with this story is the anonymous source is not identified by position or country.

And lastly, no evidence whatsoever.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Andy Downs Member

Malaysia also has a LOT of companies who do Boeing heavy maintenance for the airlines
    They have a real incentive to make this about Terror rather than anything else
    • Like Like x 1
  7. The Internet Member

But I bet most people involved in the search just want to find the damn plane.
    • Like Like x 6
  8. As ifness Member

Lol. But serious topic. But lol.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

MH370: Malaysian police search home of pilot as new theory emerges | The Guardian

Malaysian police have begun searching the home of the pilot at the helm of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, after the country's prime minister confirmed that the Boeing 777's communications were deliberately disabled by "someone on the plane".

Police officers arrived at 53-year-old captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah's home on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur shortly after the PM, Najib Razak, finished his dramatic press conference, during which he told reporters new satellite data indicated that MH370 last made contact roughly seven hours after it vanished from civilian radar one week ago.

While the raw satellite footage has helped investigators determine that the plane was still flying long after it lost contact with air traffic control at 1.22am on Saturday 8 March with 239 people on board, it could not discern the aircraft's exact location, Najib said – putting it anywhere along two possible flight corridors: a northern corridor stretching from Kazakhstan, in central Asia, down to northern Thailand; and a southern corridor stretching from Indonesia towards the southern Indian Ocean.

While authorities had initially focused their investigation on the missing plane on four possible explanations, including possible hijacking, sabotage, or the personal or psychological problems of the crew or passengers, the "new information" that had come to light was forcing investigators to rethink their strategy, Najib said.

"In view of this latest development, the Malaysian authorities have refocused their investigation into the crew and passengers on board," he told reporters on Saturday.

The satellite data indicates that the plane was flying far longer than had been initially believed, and is likely to instigate what may be the biggest hunt ever for a missing plane. Some 14 countries, 43 ships and 58 aircraft are already involved in search and rescue efforts, but the two new flight corridors will necessitate the assistance of the countries underneath those corridors – including, possibly, Burma, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Nepal, Tajikistan and Afghanistan.

Continued at http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/15/mh370-malaysian-police-search-pilot-new-theory

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappeared Through 'Deliberate Action,' Prime Minister Says | Wall Street Journal

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304914904579440293337311848
    • Like Like x 5
  10. The Internet Member

Seven hours? How much fuel do those things have on board? Does this mean the plane landed someplace? Or could something on board still send a signal from beneath a few hundred feet of water?

Let’s say you were a pirate with a couple of pilot friends and you wanted one big heist. Is there a big market in airplane parts like there is for car parts? Kill all the people, take all their valuables, split the loot with pilot and co-pilot. Would the effort be worth the money you could make?
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. Andy Downs Member

There is a market for airplane parts like that, especially in that part of the world.
  13. Andy Downs Member

You would make about million for stolen parts with no FAA service tags, maybe more for that plane....but very hard to do without being noticed by someone.

Before Malaysia's "Terrorism Done Deal" statement, Rogers & Co. were floating the terror balloons with the press.....he gets tons from Boeing
    I think this is all bullshit, unless I see more than speculation, which is all there is.
  14. The Internet Member

A million is not enough for a heist like that. So I will forget my pirate idea.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. fishypants Moderator

It seems to me that the upper one of these possible courses points towards the Ukraine (among other places).

hYVGQmK.png
    • Like Like x 1
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

Passengers' Families Hold Out Hope as Airline Ends Daily Updates | Wall Street Journal

About 50 relatives of Flight 370 were told Saturday that Malaysia Airlines would no longer hold regular briefings at a hotel in Beijing designated as a staging area.

A Malaysia Airlines employee, who declined to give his name, told families at a briefing Saturday evening that there would be no future briefings and that all further information would come from Malaysian government authorities. The employee said Malaysia Airlines representatives would remain at the hotel and that families could stay until further notice.

Continued at http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/...-hold-out-hope-as-airline-ends-daily-updates/

Authorities search homes of missing Malaysian plane's pilots | Washington Times

Authorities have searched the homes of the pilot and co-pilot of the Malaysia Airlines flight 370 that has been missing for a week.

<snipped>

Investigators have not released any information on evidence recovered in the search.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/15/authorities-search-homes-missing-malaysian-planes-/

Will Malaysia Airlines MH370 finally give up its terrible secret? | The Guardian

The Boeing 777 continued to send signals to satellites for more than six hours after its last message: 'All right, good night.' As 14 countries continue the hunt, new questions are being asked.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/15/flight-mh370-malaysia-hunt-speculation
    • Like Like x 3
  17. GilRenard Member

my first thought was piracy. its not far fetched.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Twinkle Member

If we ever get the final truth on this it's going to be fascinating, for now I'd like to believe the passengers are alive and well.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. GilRenard Member

i pray they are. they way they expose of us like its nothing its pathetic and shameful.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. As ifness Member

If the passengers are alive and well, they are somewhere that had sufficient food water for 239 people for a week.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Twinkle Member

Time will tell.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Twinkle Member

Hope so.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Anonylemmi Member

And without cellphone service.
    • Like Like x 3
  24. GilRenard Member

phones are still on at this point?
  25. PresidentShaw Member

This has to be the most searched for plane in history. What with all the media focusing on this, it makes me think something else must be going on that they don't want to talk about. Remember when CNN would only cover michael jackson's death during the iran revolution?
    Or maybe I'm just paranoid, idk, but every single time media gave way too much time to a story over other stories, they neglected covering something else more important.
    • Like Like x 5
  26. GilRenard Member

world war III?
  27. Anonylemmi Member

The cause of the disappearance is still up in the air, (sorry, sort of) but the reason they have not found it is still likely to be incompetence.
    Until they find it, all else is speculation. Speculation sells advertising air-time. (sorry again, sort of)
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

That pair of air-borne puns just soar!
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Anonylemmi Member

30. I am really glad that this is at least exposing the Malaysian Government as being the incompetent, childish boobs they are
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Anonylemmi Member

Hey, how could they go wrong with bamboo binoculars?
    • Like Like x 3
  32. As ifness Member

Childish, yeah.

Hey, I missed the boobs. Is there a link?
    • Like Like x 3
  33. Anonylemmi Member

If you find it, let me know.
    • Like Like x 3
  34. They have to be covered. Islamic Law you see
    • Like Like x 2
  35. As ifness Member

Barbarians.
    • Like Like x 3
  36. RavenEyes Member

Reported (to China, not mods)
    • Like Like x 3
  37. RavenEyes Member

Reported to the entire Middle East.
    • Like Like x 3
  38. Anonylemmi Member

Derails irk me. Can we get back to boobs?
    • Like Like x 4
  39. GilRenard Member

i like boobs too. can we get a link.. :eek:
    • Like Like x 2
  40. As ifness Member

This is all suspiciously similar to Gilligan's Island, what with the bamboo binoculars, and the boobs being covered.
    • Like Like x 6