Customize

Los Angeles July 2, 2011

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by i'mglib, Jul 2, 2011.

1. i'mglib Member

Five of us showed up at the Bonaventure Hotel today, in downtown LA, to enturbulate the Maiden Voyage event.

We stood by the entrance to the parking lot with signs. We had multiple people videotaping us. They got a security guard to come over and say we were on private property. "No way," says we. "Do you know how many people died for or freedom of speech," says Tory. Security guard backed off.

We had some music: Weeee staaaand taaaalll. One of the videotapers cracked a smile cuz it was funny.

It didn't seem like a lot of people. I went inside to buy batteries for the ipod speaker, and had multiple Scientologists tell me I couldn't go in to the gift shop in the hotel. "Bah," says I, and carried on. They were everywhere in the lobby. So weird.
    • Like Like x 17
  2. Smurf Member

Sorry I missed out. Had an epidural yesterday for a nagging back problem.
  3. i'mglib Member

Sorry to hear that. I thought epidurals were for pregnant women.

**Photos uploading, btw.
  4. Anonymous Member

Very nice.
    Looking forward to pics.
  5. i'mglib Member

P1030039.jpg
    P1030032.jpg
    P1030043.jpg
    P1030042.jpg
    P1030024.jpg
    P1030031.jpg
    P1030018.jpg
    How awesome is the Anti's shirt! It's amazigng.
    P1030051.jpg
    • Like Like x 13
  6. i'mglib Member

Also, there was an Anime convention at the same time. Lots of people dressed up.

P1030061.jpg
    P1030035.jpg
    P1030057.jpg

Also, get well, Jesse.

P1030025.jpg
    • Like Like x 10
  7. Anonymous Member

Awesome report on Awesome Protest. Thank you!
  8. anonsparrow Member

Knowing how to know my ass! LMAO!!

Great job you guys as usual.
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Anonymous Member

^^^^ GD cell phones. Grrrrr!

Nice job Guys. So that's where my signs went. Glad u like.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. moarxenu Member

^^^THIS LOL^^^
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Who ever came up with miscavige shirt deserves all my internets. Like that fact you also did the protest at an anime expo some anons go to those. Hell i even met one at an anime convention last weekend
    • Like Like x 4
  13. TinyDancer Member

yay!

I remember the scn in the hat. I liked him.
  14. Anonymous Member

Wow!! Two former Scilons, 1 critic and 2 anons protesting. That's one hell of a showing that Anonymous in 9,000 strong. Is it any wonder that the same clueless, old farts appear to handle anons at every protest??
    • Like Like x 1
  15. BLiP Member

Thank you LA - and, yes, I want Anti's shirt!!!
  16. RightOn Member

keeping up the pressure <3
    great signage too!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

for a leg warmer?
  18. Anonymous Member

Cute shot

Caption &quot;Geez mom, you weren't supposed to pick me up right in front of the convention center!&quot;
    or
    (SIGH) &quot;I miss my star destroyer&quot;
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Diablo Member

he looks it...
  20. Smurf Member

21. Diablo Member

22. Smurf Member

The bomb threat was at the Convention Center, not the location of the Scilon event.
  23. Diablo Member

They will still try to blame Anon's...
  24. xenubarb Member

Somebody forgot their lunch and left a sack of dicks unattended?
  25. Smurf Member

Do you ever read the links before you post comments?? Seriously..

"....while officers investigated reports of a "suspicious crate" at 10:45 a.m., according to a department spokesperson. The object was ultimately determined to be a basket belonging to a homeless person, said Anime Expo spokesman Jim Yeager. The objects that caused concern were a jug of water and a brown paper bag, which was ultimately determined to contain some personal items, he said."

26. Anonymous Member

Could the Scilons have tought that all those dressed up people were Anons ;)
  27. Diablo Member

yes, midgetboy is now launching a campaign to "handle" anime's!
  28. adhocrat Member

Was it...?
    spottedorangepeeldick.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  29. subgenius Member

I don't know what that is, but I think I would dive face first into it.
    (I reserve the right to delete this post if necessary)
    btw nice work LA
  30. Anon PTS Member

Spotted dick. Which is not, contrary to popular belief, a venereal disease.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. subgenius Member

You made me google it, and yes, I would dive face first into it. Spoon, fork be damned!
    • Like Like x 1
  32. adhocrat Member

it's an orange peel spotted dick, in this case. yummy
  33. subgenius Member

not the equivalent of oral sex, but a hella substitute in the meantime
    Meanwhile I'm going out on a hunt for kim chi with spotted dick dessert.....could take a while

oh....did i mention that LA anons give me a happy?
    continue=win
    stop=fail
    stay on target
    except for slight detours for spotted dick
    • Like Like x 1
  34. skeptic2girl Member

You fags are HOT!! (this is what I look like when I'm admiring) I recognize those signs, too! props to signpost awesomeness
    great to see you guys: thanx for posting - it inspires us all - and good for you, too, for standing up to scilon bullies (don't come in our gift shop?!)

pTs: why oh why is there only &quot;like&quot; on bottom of messages and not LOVE?
    • Like Like x 3
  35. Anonymous Member

Hey LA,

I was at A|X, sorry I missed your raid.

However, I did find out that a voice actress (English dub) for K-On -- a popular, current anime series -- is a Scientologist. She hasn't got many credits to her name yet, but the popularity of the show will probably lead to future roles.

Shelby Lindley

Reasons why I'm posting this here:
    -AX is mentioned in this thread, where she made several appearances
    -She's based in LA, and is barely even a minor celebrity
    -Couldn't find a decent thread with an up-to-date master list of all celebrity scilons
  36. Smurf Member

Shelby is a minor actress. Her great-aunt was Audra Lindley, who portrayed Mrs. Roper in the popular TV series "Three's Company" and "The Ropers." Her mother is Dolly Lindley Angelette.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1785325/

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Shelby-Allison-Lindley/

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/d/dolly-lindley-angelette.html
  37. the anti Member

alright, i'm back home all together again, i was at AX and did raid so yay. and for anyone asking about the shirt glib gave it to me to wear for the moment and i have to ask who wears shirts that tight? i had a some trouble putting it on and taking it off.

i should have pics coming soon, and i'll post some other stuff interesting that went on that day
  38. the anti Member

photos up http://imgur.com/a/XcEyq#ls5cs

also we now know there is a second entrance to the parking lot the scientologist have been going into to keep us from seeing our signs. i noticed a lot more people crossing the bridge to get to the hotel compared to the number of cars coming in. walked around with gilb some and we found it. she was also telling me she noticed a guy pointing car to go somewhere else

ZZsXN.png

also we have been told we are not aloud to be in front of or on the bridge when there have been times no one has bothered us at all about it. can someone look that up for us?

ZSsxh.png
  39. the anti Member

round 2 tomorrow. come on faggots, lets get some more people in this.
  40. RightOn Member

go go go