Customize

Los Angeles-Hollywood 18 April 2009 Post Game

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by exOT8Michael, Apr 18, 2009.

1. exOT8Michael Member

Los Angeles-Hollywood 18 April 2009 Post Game

Protest at Author Services, on Hollywood Blvd a block from the Chinese Theater and 2 blocks from Kodak Theater/Oscars.
    Somewhere around 40 anons total.

img0618h.jpg

img0620t.jpg

[IMG]
    View over top of Lolcano :)

img0630l.jpg

img0633v.jpg

img0639.jpg
  2. mrfyde Member

Re: Los Angeles-Hollywood 18 April 2009 Post Game

Isn't this where O8O and Mark got arrested ? And you mentioneds said something like that there was a closed sidewalk from 3-6 in the other thread ?

Confused do the two things have anything to do w/ ea. other ??

3. exOT8Michael Member

Yes I posted pics of that in the other thread.
    The 3-6 closure was the Boulevard itself, for the Premiere of "Earth" 2 blocks down the street.
    The sidewalk was "partially closed" (LOL, wut?) for non-existent filming by permit.
  4. mrfyde Member

Still confused but that is my natural state :) Carry on.

Cool pics btw.
  5. Haruhi Member

No one got arrested. Mark Lowell was cuffed, briefly, but was uncuffed after chatting it up with the police. He was not cited.

[IMG]
  6. mrfyde Member

7. exOT8Michael Member

I did see an officer giving Mark a kind of "ticket" paper. What was that thing if he was not cited? I only got a quick look at it but I was only 6
    feet away.
    :-1
  8. mrfyde Member

I'm confused again ! (now Im going to lurk moar)

when we find out could you signal me by changing the title of the "got arrested thread"
  9. Pikachu Member

The cops said that there was filming INSIDE the building, though why the hell would you need to block the sidewalk off? And why was the private parking lot fence covered with a LRH Golden blah blah blah banner?
  10. the anti Member

i was at long sign for a while with a group of anons, we gave VM's hell. handlers came out and we called for back up, it was great
  11. exOT8Michael Member

....and there I was at ASI ready to take your shirtless photo.
    ;-P
  12. the anti Member

next month, sorry, i wanted to a little clam hunting.
  13. SweetPeas Member

where the helllll is the photo of me getting
    pounded by the pirate shemale y'all?! :p
  14. Relyt Member

No wonder I couldn't find this thread, it was posted in an odd section. Oh well... /r/ my thread gets merged with this one.
  15. the anti Member

in the right section to

also my photos Picasa Web Albums - the anti - Protest 4.18.09

what was great was when we got to the VM's, you know when they started hearing "Carry On Wayward Son" on my ipod coming to them they started to shit themselves. handlers then come over and handed out black PR. we called for back up, and just made life miserable for them

preview

protest_0022.jpg

protest_0025.jpg

protest_0056.jpg

protest_0077.jpg
  16. tofuman Member

Wow. Handlers were everywhere. I demand awesome video footage.
  17. anonsparrow Member

Wow awesome job dudes! Author Services is where it's at! Or wherever MidgetMan is.
  18. Anonymous Member

19. tofuman Member

Does AGP still protest with you guys? Haven't seen him in a while.
  20. the anti Member

he does, i guess he was a no go this time around
  21. Anonymous Member

Here are some of my pics. Still need to add a few more.

Basically, the VM tents were up down the street (at the vertical sign building...same location as the Winter Wonderland) 2 weekends ago, but not last weekend and not friday night at 11:30pm.
    They may had planned to put them up thinking they would draw us away from the Authors Services event, where many public scilons would be present. Or, they thought we would be so busy at Author Services, that we would not bug the VM tent...and leaving them free to pass out crappy books and vids to the large amount of foot traffic on Hollywood Blvd.
    Too bad we are able to be at both places at the same time.

Edwin Richardson was skulking around again. Smurf saw other less well known PIs.
    Handlers were still using ignore tech, and the volunteer minsters seemed to go back towards the tent after being shadowed by a nice anon with a sign or fliers.

A very nice raid. Countering the cult by the vertical sign building is always rewarding. The public is SOOOOOOOO supportive and there are many of them. This has the most foot traffic of all the LA protest sites...of which we have many.

3455624392_87eac15275_o.jpg

3455618386_6863e9fbb6_o.jpg

3454797815_0c3388de07_o.jpg

3455612892_93056002b3_o.jpg

3455609436_8166299c8c_o.jpg
    Hey...why isn't that dog getting handcuffed as well! He walked on the sidewalk the cult blocked-off!!!

3455612408_0548d6f08d_o.jpg

3454793383_7880e1ffa6_o.jpg
    For some reason, the VM don't like this anon wearing the VM shirt

3454792897_1752fe49cc_o.jpg

3454783831_35cb352c3e_o.jpg

3455623486_6ff747d5a2_o.jpg

[IMG]
    Oohhhhh Patty! Bow-chicka-bow-bow

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  22. VL125 Member

Nice Raid there in LA keep on trolling, greetings from hamburg ;)
  23. Smurf Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp7RgdFWxf0&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Los Angeles Raid, Author Services, Part 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUcCSoCgBSc&feature=channel]YouTube - Los Angeles Raid, Author Services, Part 3[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8AvHn4pGA&feature=channel]YouTube - Los Angeles Raid, Author Services, Part 4[/ame]
  24. Anonymous Member

Leaked Galaxy Press catalog: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-...pring-2009-l-ron-hubbard-fiction-works-43953/

Might be useful for shooping. Lots of pirate photos and things just like the sidewalk handler's costumes.

Galaxy Press is at the same location (7051 Hollywood Blvd) as Author Services and is performing the same function (publishing/marketing of Hubbard fiction) that used to be done under the name Author Services.
  25. Haruhi Member

I'm not sure, but I asked him if they had cited him and he said that they did not.
  26. lothar Member

Not to get too off target, but watch ^^^^ #4 video. You guys are playing fast and loose with the cops. I really don't want to see threads about bawwww when people walk around a side walk closed sign. They are standing in the fucking road filming and taking pictures. People are not getting on to the sidewalk when directed by a cop. THey are randomly crossing the street also known as jay walking.

I know for a fact in my city cops would not tolerate this faggotry. This is like at IntBase with people standing in the middle of the driveway. And don't start this OSA shit... if you use your brain and eyes you will see people really pushing the limit of overly tolerant rent-a-cops.
  27. caekanon Member

lol wut :rolleyes:
  28. lothar Member

Just watch Smurf's Part 4. This is after cops put someone in handcuffs... You'll see multiple walking out into traffic. Multiple standing in road filming for like > 30 seconds while standing in the road. Being told to get out of the road and onto the sidewalk, and non-compliance. I dunno what's wrong with LAPD, but every protest (non-Scientology related) I've been to, the cops might warn the group once, and then people are getting arrested for this kind of stuff.
  29. exOT8Michael Member

Yes, also THIS VVVVV thread 4 the lulz in extreme doses.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/249-...ostcards-shoops-gold-all-orgs-missions-42723/
  30. NotSoAnon Member

Smurf:

Another set of Very Well Done Videos! I wish others to have the same type of commentary and video that you post. It must be LA and its environment of film production has diffused into your videos. Your stats are through the roof! You might get libs with this set after your sec checks.

Keep up your good work! I await your next presentation with bated breath.
  31. NotSoAnon Member

Well, perhaps you did not see the sign "sidewalk partially closed" posted on the barrier? So, genius, what part of the sidewalk is closed, and what part of the sidewalk is open? Is the sidewalk half closed, or is it half open? Please be specific in your response, so that I can understand your thought process.

"People" were freely passing on the sidewalk while Doug was being "restrained". Perhaps you did not notice this in Smurf's video? Doug was singled out, specifically.

Note that these policemen were not "rentacops". They are LAPD's finest. The fact that they act as rentacops is because of the tradition in LA that LAPD cops are above the the law. Money might have changed hands.

Note also that Anonymous is NOT YOUR PERSONAL ARMY! Each Anon has their personal God Given Right (and, in the US, their personal Constitutional rights) to protest as each Anon sees fit to protest.

You do not make the rules for Anonymous. There are no rules for Anonymous. Again, you are not the legal resource for Anonymous. Anonymous is NOT YOUR PERSONAL ARMY!

In closing, Smurf has presented documentation via video that Anons worldwide should seek to emulate, IMO. Do not focus on your "Army", the caek, the dancing, the costumery, but focus on what is going on in the environment, and comment clearly. Smurf is one of the few whose videos will be memorialized.

No, you cannot haz cheezburger.

[edit for spelling correction]
  32. alexm Member

Hello fellow SP's and intergalactic trouble makers,

This is alexm. I am one of the ex-member guys who were around yesterday creating entheta with all of you. This is my first post on WWP and I am still scratching my head as to why I did not join earlier.

Anyway, I had so much fun yesterday like I always do at these protests. Some highlights were the girl on pirate statue girl action, seeing Kirsten Katano (spelling), Director of OSA Int hiding behind those lousy fake plants video taping us, Smurf's banter and commentary which is hilarious as always, playing some Nirvana on the acoustic guitar and of course being with all my anon friends.

I know from being an ex-scientologist, the madder they get the more enturbulated they are and it is really interesting for me especially to see Sea Org members hide like little children. Hiding is called -20 on the tone scale and it is great to see us making them so upset. This keeps them from doing Scientology.

Anyway, great to see everyone yesterday and I am glad that I made it on here.
  33. Anonymous Member

My my, that VM table sure looks busy
  34. Anonymous Member

That would make a nice sign
  35. Lorelei Member

Welcome, alexm!

To be fair, I liked the pirate suits, but I have to say that ATLanon's Sea Org cossies were far superior. ;)

The Anon in the Volunteer Minister shirt and naughty pirate-on-Anonfemme action pix made me LOL. Anonymous has MOAR FUN protesting, and a clean conscience afterwards! WIN!
  36. Anonymous Member

Ah of course, every suggestion is a PA attempt which should be met with slogans and random CRUISE CONTROL. Good job.

Hmmm...
  37. anonsparrow Member

Hi Alex. Yes they're hiding is unreal. That's what captivated me when I first saw protest videos. Being an ex-Sci as well, it's surreal to see the top terminals (most powerful, ethical people on the planet) cower behind curtains and not confront or communicate. Craziness.

Also welcome.
  38. bAnon Member

smurf.jpg
  39. exOT8Michael Member

Almost forgot; lulz were had in plenty when I handed out DM shoop postcards (most done by FREAKE, and they were shown around anons.
    [snickers]
  40. exOT8Michael Member

Thx Hamburger anons!!
    You guys had a great raid too!