Customize

London Policing. London Anons, PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Europe' started by An0nand0n, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: London Policing. London Anons, PLEASE READ

How about sticking to the actual law and not letting the police make things up. We've been through this before, so you might want to lurk abit before making yourself spokesman for London.
  2. ARC Member

3. Anon-007 Member

Do the Cult actually have a licence to put tables on the public pavement?

I very much doubt it! (and we have lots of piccy evidence)

Maybe a call to street trading......
  4. Anonymous Member

If you mean just outside the org, then no they don't need a liscence. They do in other places which is partly why they stopped using certain sites.

To get them taken inside due to council mods, you would need someone who lived in Camden who was willing to namefag themselves to complain to the council. Someone, who wasn't anon, was in the process of doing this untill he got a job overseas. :/
  5. Anonymous Member

Do not forget the lessons of ENG.

Standing up to unlawful demands by the police does not need to cause any friction. Standing up to reasonable requests by the police is dumb.

Somewhere there is a comment about not being allowed to rick-roll this time around? If true, that is nothing more that an attempt to assert control and dominance - set an unreasonable and arbitrary rule - and if you comply, you have effectively acknowledged their right to order you around.

If true, it should have resulted, after politely informing plod of course, in a solid round of "I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling, Gotta make you understand"
  6. Anonymous Member

Which act of Parliament banned the Rick-Roll? I've scrutinised Hansard and I'm buggered if I can find it.
  7. afternon Member

Do you really think I'm making myself spokesman for London? Wow!
    As for lurking a bit- I've been at the raids since the very first and I've been at demos before channology was a teenage wet dream!
    That's all beside the point- the point I'm making is that the cult have been deliberately winding up the cops and if anons fall for the trap- and get pissed off at the cops the cult win. Yes, the cops have been starting to be butthurt and acting like twats- but, believe me, as someone who's been baton charged, it doesn't pay to get on their bad side. That's not to say we take the shit laying down, just that negotiation with the cops is better than a broken nose.
  8. Anonymous Member

Salvaged from the depth of the dome (do domes have depth?)

9. TypingChimp Member

Awww, Herro, are you trying a new tactic to troll these boards? If so, good job.
  10. AnonKiwi Member

I'm a fargot and didn't read the whole thread, but, I can see where the cops are coming from. They have to juggle their police to cover the small and very regular and entirely peaceful protests.

I'd suggest a counter-offer of "You can take away your barricades and don't worry about sending any cops, we'll look after ourselves, just no time limit".

Perhaps this has been suggested already? But I'd go for this. I wouldn't go in and display a whirlygig of anti-cop agro fargottry, that tends to go down poorly (and I've seen this in real life and it's REALLY funny to watch).
  11. CoastalAnon Member

12. Namenlos Member

Will be uploading what happened yesterday in a few days.
  13. fimoman Member

Hmmph!

So basically, now we're not allowed to play music, and we got a time limit? I can see a plus and a minus:

plus: we'll look more like a serious protest now, with less partying and more protesting.

minus: protests will be less fun.
  14. Anonymous Member

Music was played yesterday, it was just on a lower volume, plus no Rick Astley was allowed.

Random policing is random.
  15. Re: London Policing. London Anons, PLEASE READ

I think they finally got too sick of hearing that song...
  16. Anonymous Member

I would LOVE to hear an explanation of why Rick Astley was banned.
  17. Anonymous Member

What Frag-mask said, is my guess

18. shamonymous Member

no rick ashlea? somthings going on there!
    well i can understand why they might be cracking down on us if they have been cancelling police leave. i'[d be pissed if anon ruined my holiday with thier shinanigans.

maybe we should do some old fashioned singing instead then
  19. Anonymous Member

Could always play that Ashley Tisdale cover of it lol
  20. Re: London Policing. London Anons, PLEASE READ

Ahaha yes.
  21. Re: London Policing. London Anons, PLEASE READ

get a click track of it and we'll sing it acapella...

or more accuratly aCRAPella
  22. eleven Member

This is a crock.
    They can't ban a specific song unless it has obscene lyrics.
  23. Anonymous Member

Yes then can. They are the Police.
  24. black bloc Member

the police are wrong

educate them
  25. Anonymous Member

no u
  26. Graeme Wilson Member

Some of us have been doing that, unfortunately a lot of people are more concerned about what they are wearing to protest than anything else.

We might have met before btw. ;)
  27. eleven Member

Well that was an answer that took into account centuries of progress in civil liberties.
  28. TypingChimp Member

To you UKfags, here's a song you can play that will be every bit as irritating to the police as "Never Gonna Give You Up":

29. afternon Member

OK- so who's the usual contact with Jim... it'd be great if they can liaise with him- it'd be shit if this minor police faggotry turns into a less minor war. What has suddenly changed after over 18 months? I'm thinking Boris.... ?
  30. Namenlos Member

Ok i don't have time to sort the clips out tonight, but police on the 22nd were much more reasonable, we talked to EK788 (the bearded chap) and EK190 (the woman).
    They didn't give us any trouble, were quite reasonable, and were quite cooperative.
  31. Anonymous Member

That Ashley Tisdale version is so deliciously over-produced.
  32. Anonymous Member

So someone spill the beanz on the ristricktions imposed.

Was it "we'd really like it if you stop playing that particular song over and over <smile>" or "you can play anything you like except Mr Astley <serious plod face>"
  33. Re: London Policing. London Anons, PLEASE READ

On Saturday, the primary request was that we not be directly in front of the Org.

As far as music goes? It seems each team of cops have their own idea of what's acceptable. In the absence of a consistent policy, I suggest we just carry on (musically) regardless, but stay away from the Black Gate.
  34. Re: London Policing. London Anons, PLEASE READ

DP, doublepost, double-dagabbit
  35. stuwyatt Member

For ideas on how to deal with the Met, its worth checking out the videos here - YouTube - cveitch's Channel

Many of you are probably already aware of his videos, but if you haven't had the pleasure to see them, I'd strongly recommend watching each and every one. They trolled the London org last year (inc the famous LRH song inside the org).
  36. Namenlos Member

Sound clip; a PCSO came over to see what was going on etc.
    Direct quote "keep the Rick Astley off"

The other 2 conversations were just general stuff about the mix up about them knowing we were here, YellowPeril venturing onto the other side of the street, and a bit when the trolls came along, so nothing directly relevant to this thread, but will post if any one else needs it.
  37. Anonymous Member

Its about time we sent in the experts!

[IMG]
  38. afternon Member

- Maybe they simply happened to be on duty rather than have holiday leave stopped? - All the consistently good policing (at main raids) seems to be going tits up... The no Rick Astley rule is hilarious- and probably newsworthy for a tabloid in silly season!
  39. basil Member

Ex Scientologist - Scientology: the Anonymous protestors

40. Anonymous Member

Originally Posted by The Times, June 20, 2008
    When I asked the police on Saturday if they were expecting trouble, one laughed. “They aren't a problem,” he said. “I just wish that they'd stop playing that bloody Rick Astley song.”

- That splains it. We could ask the cops if they have any favourate songs they'd like to hear.. surely such a request could only have lulzy results and show sporting!