Customize

London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by Anony-Nony-No, Mar 31, 2008.

1. AnonNow Member

Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

Did the police say if the area outside the Dianetics shop they want us to stay away from included the opposide side of the road too?
    Anony-Nony-No, can you PM me your disposable phone number? I got some shit to do Sat morning but I can probably catch up with you in the afternoon. My flashy phone takes DVD quality video too!
  2. Anony-Nony-No Member

covent garden is pretty high traffic.... i'm not a native londoner (infact i love out in the stix of the midlands) so i'm not entire sure what would be good places to go to.
    if it pisses it down, we could sucker in people to free hugs by having a huge golf umbrella or two, persuade them to stand under it with us and chat, candies, and leaflets galore!
  3. Anony-Nony-No Member

we can be across the street from the dianetics center, that's fine.

and PM incoming
  4. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

The public in Covent Garden will just think we're more performers with the masks and all. Unless we could twist that around to get people to pay attention? I dunno, if people can take us seriously and not confuse us with street performers then it would be a kick ass place because of high traffic. However, the masks might seem too ordinary and "yeah, they're wearing masks, lets get going" will be the reaction alot of people may have. I dunno, London is a big place after all. There should be plenty more spots if fail spots are fails.
  5. Anony-Nony-No Member

indeed so. i mean covent garden is high traffic. and if we have the "Free hugs" signs, we could rope in a lot of people just to talk to us.
    even if we don't.... i ponder... could we garner more attention by rick-rolling covent garden?

if it's raining, and we have brolliles, we could offer to ferry people across streets as mobile rain shelter, and flyer them and talk to them about it all.
  6. [Achil] Member

Yes, as long as you're on the other side of the street it's fine.

On the 7th there wasn't any rain, it was just frickin' cold, and because we were just standing there it was even colder.

Still, who really is the stronger force - those tens in their warm building of deceit not daring to come out, or the few standing with justice on the other side braving the weather?

I think you know.

GL and HF, all of you.
  7. eclipse Member

Bring an umbrella if it rains. I don't think it made that much of a difference at the last raid to be honest. We were planning on breaking about 5 anyway. No sense spending 15 more minutes in the rain when that's potential extra drinking time.

Can I get a PM with that number too please, my diary looks kinda free, so potentially able to make it.
  8. KatKonAnon Member

I can't make the mini raid but I'll be out and about so I'll come by and show some support. :)
  9. k8jde6 Member

Payg contact number: 07733447050

Nice and easy to remember huh?

The network is Vodafone. All calls will be recorded so if anyone wants to phone in on the day to show their support or rickroll us please feel free to. I will be greatly amused if the Co$ wants to call.

Don't bother prank calling tonight, the sim card won't be in the phone till the day. I will endevour to find an umbrella but don't worry too much about the weather till Friday evening as the forecasts are still fairly inaccurate.
  10. An0nand0n Member

Video camera 2 and clipboard reporting in. Megaphone available too, if that is wise (me thinks it might be a bit much to carry and may annoy passers by). Soho, Covent Garden and Leicester sq tend to be heaving at weekends, and I've seen Scilons flyering at Leicester sq station and centre point (Tottenham Court Rd station). They seem to like Leicester sq station on a Saturday.
  11. Anony-Nony-No Member

Megaphone could be considered a bit much, since this isn't an actual "protest", per se, it's more to do with flyering and getting signatures.

however, if you want to bring your megaphone, do, not saying we'll need it, but it could be useful if we set up a base somewhere for a while.
  12. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

Dude, bring the mega phone! What if we go to Trafalgar Square? Standing atop a mighty lion calling out in the name of Anonymous? Epic win! We can always put it away anyway. I'll lug it around if need be :D Also Picadilly Circus, plenty of human traffic there ;)
  13. Anony-Nony-No Member

i THINK (not entire sure) but i think there's a anti-china rally in trafalger square this weekend....
    only saw a breif glance at the news last night, and it did say something about an anti-china rally happening soon, and i think it was this weekend
  14. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

Can someone please do a tl;dr for meeting places and the plan?

I'll be attending and have a pass from the missus to stay out, so I might be able to enjoy delicious alcoholic beverages with fellow dangerous cyber-terrorists afterwards too.
  15. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

damn. wrong thread.
  16. Anony-Nony-No Member

The Plan!

TL;DR - Meeting at Speakers Corner for 11am (i'm gonna aimt ot be there for 10:30, so anytime after that) In masks
    Leaflet the Public with Leaflets! Give out "Free Hugs!", "Free Candies" talk to the public essentially, Take good-will bags to the shops we block on the main raids
    See if we can requisition some power from somewhere, like a shop.
    See if we can requisition some Water from somewhere near the TCR site.

ROAM THE CAPITAL INFORMING THE PUBLIC AND GETTING LULZ!
  17. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

Hmm... right. I doubt I'll be able to make it for eleven. I'll probably hook up with you lot at TCR. I'll call to find out when your ETA for TCR is on the day.
  18. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

Good plan. Because we're small in number I'm gonna print some fliers explaining the masks. Is this gonna be an all day thing?
  19. Anony-Nony-No Member

this is gonna be "as long as we're willing to stick at it"
    i imagine we'll retire to a cafe/pizza hut at some point, get our energy back, and go back out.

i mean i have to catch my train latest of 5pm, but apart from that, i'm not limited on times.
  20. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

I've got to get home for Doctor Who!
  21. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

Ack! Five? DOCTOR WHO?!? Excuses... Still, that's not too bad I guess. If other Anon's will stick it out I'll go 'till whenever :D

BTW, I refuse to go anywhere but KFC to recharge. They are our food suppliers, and I think it would be really good to have Anonymous become their regulars. Maybe if we go there enough we'll get some chicken on the house? XD
  22. Anony-Nony-No Member

big chain with minimumw age employees?
    i think you're being optimistic there.
  23. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

I can dream =3

Anyway, today's the day! I'm off, to fight for great lulz and justice!
  24. Anne Ominous Member

Good luck guys! Give 'em hell! (Co$, not the lovely British public...)

:)
  25. Randomness Member

Just got note that we have visibility, someone on SA already reported on your wins, KEEP IT UP ANONYMOUS!
  26. k8jde6 Member

e6woxy.jpg
  27. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

Now there's a PR shot!
  28. [Achil] Member

Nice picture. I want to know how it went, right down to the last hug.

Also, sup to girl anon holding "Ask me why I wear a mask" sign, who was with us on the 7th.
  29. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

Addittionally, I hope many many signatures were harversted - petition FTW
  30. Anony-Nony-No Member

someone still has my Petition clipboard, i forgot to retrieve it when i left... balls.

but it was EPIC WIN!
  31. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

That may have been me when I wandered off early... Very sorry.

Epic win, however! Many funs and dancing was had by all.
  32. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

Yeah, that went well, didn't it?

Sorry I had to leave, but had hoped to meet up again later. Alas, it was not to be.

Anyway, how did it go at TCR? The Leicester Square tube station rickrolls were epic.
  33. Anony-Nony-No Member

it went pretty well... they weren't very welcoming of hugs around there though

met some cool peeps though.
  34. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

Well, shopping on Tottenham Court Road must be srs bsns... I mean, Free Hugs!

Met many cool peopletypes. I especially enjoyed Piccadilly Circus and Regent Street(?).

Wish I'd stayed for the Leicester Square bit, but RL called, alas.
  35. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

OH MY RAPTOR JESUS! Epic guys and gals, epic. That was pure lulz, and much justice was delivered in the name of Anonymous. I was thinking in the back of my mind on the way there "ah crap, there's gonna be 2 people there and we're gonna be fail..." But at our peak it turned out there were about 14 of us, and every moment was brilliant, down to the last flier, hug and rickroll given out :D I wuv you all, and even in small numbers (though not as few as I thought there would be)...

We were legion :D

PS Pic and videos coming soon :D
  36. An0nand0n Member

I have yours, and another one, but someone else has mine! It's dark navy and has some spare posters titled "big win" underneath the petition sheets. Anyone got it?

Vids coming tomorrow.
    Epic win!
  37. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

Well down Londonfags! I'm sorry I couldn't come today ;____; although I was hoping to atleast go and get a hug, and a chat or something! Next hug-raid??

Or atleast a free hug for me on sat? :D
  38. anonyme Member

Sorry,I know this is a little off-topic but I think why not attack two evils at once?
    http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/
  39. DH1900 Member

No, some ass on april fools day already tried to get PETA involved and if you look at the general consensus many anons like meat. Anonymous is not your private army. Protests that in your spare time.

While I bring it up did you know PETA murdered over 97% of the thousands of animals it 'rescued' in 2006? They did it because they'd rather spend money on telling the world how much it should care for animals than spend a penny caring for animals.
  40. Re: London Mini-Raid - Saturday 5th April

Ah, it's your petition I've got. PM me and we'll work out how to get it back to you.

Can't wait to see the vids.

And my god, i'm glad it didn't snow yesterday. Outside is overrated right now.